Author Topic: Sketchy paranormal situations and skateboarding  (Read 3040 times)

Skate_lurker_Rob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -48
  • Do it yourself or someone else will fuck it up!
Sketchy paranormal situations and skateboarding
« on: August 23, 2018, 01:57:55 PM »
So years back I used to travel around bum around skate all the kinds of different sketchy places Backyard Pools to invite only ramps.

So one night I'm out the middle of Arizona New Mexico border think Gallup, I hear about a backyard pool but it's all  here say that it's random tweaker methed out  told me about it I don't know what his deal was, so I am going bananas trying to find this place. I manage to find it but without some coercion the woman who lives next door gives me a lecture and I tell her to chill I've been searching for a whole day to find this and I'll give her some money just shut the fuck up and let me skate it.

She thinks about it and relents a sigh of okay but don't sue me. I say thanks and proceed to skate for a bit. The first night went off without a hitch next day talked to the woman and she said that she was going to to the store if I needed anything else I wrote down a few things and left my gear at the pool we start to talking our lives fe stories and other shenanigans, she mentions something offhand like you've ever been to NA reservations, I'm like naww I had a sketchy moment with a few in Denver and have just let that be that.

She continues to speak about other random stuff her kids and other's who make this trek to find this pool. I listened half heartedly to be honest I was more interested in food beer and skating.

As we get back from the store I'm just ready to go get my rocks off skating and kill it that day had a good session shot the shit with a few other people whom knew about this place, side note reminds me of the nude bowl but in NM with a desert and trailer park close by. So I get good and sauced passout, I awoke to a not right feeling like I was seriously depressed and someone was watching me. I step outside and call out who's there? Nothing no one, you know that awkward moment where the silence is deafening and it just doesn't seem to make sense? That was happening in spades, as I go to make a good fire as it was wintertime cold as shit.

So I am warming myself up and drinking a beer or two I hear what seems to be my voice calling out to me?! A FFFFFFUCK as I had slammed earlier but something about it wasn't right like a static version of me. I step away from the fire to scope  things out and have a mag light searching for whatever it was maybe some kids fucking with me as I hear rocks being thrown close but nothing too serious. I tell whatever they were to fuck off, I hear the same voice but behind me this time and I turned around saw a dog but it didn't look right all wrong in fact twisted legs and putrid smell of ass garbage and rotten meat. I square up and throw rocks at it but as soon as I get a rock it's gone, the rest of the night goes by with me hearing what sounds like my voice speaking to me and shrieking like a crying baby.

Absolutely scared shitless and it gives me chill's just thinking about it. I finally went to sleep somehow the morning draws out like a blade and I say fuck this I am out of here. I speak with the woman I mentioned earlier and asked straight up wtf was this thing I saw as I described it she looked at me with no smile on her face, that was a skinwalker and you need to see this medicine man gives me a ride to their house and they said a Navajo prayer and a talisman to protect me. I don't know much about Skinwalkers but from what I understood is they're shape shifters who use tricks to lure people out. For what I have no clue, so if you hear of a pool in Gallup NM just be careful and watch out.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 03:20:01 AM by Skate_lurker_Rob »
Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

PPPPFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTT I fart on your pillow bare ass

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 219
Re: Sketchy paranormal situations and skateboarding
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 08:56:53 PM »
I could use a second draft to clear up what you were saying at a few parts there, but good story
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2018, 09:56:22 PM »
Here its little people (ojibwe) and it's real as fuck
Gentleman ninja warlock

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2018, 10:08:30 PM »
So I can back tail one day and the very next day it is gone?
Now, that is some paranormal shit!

NegativeCreep

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2018, 10:16:49 PM »
I can't think of anything necessarily paranormal, but this weirded me out. I use to skate this spot behind a liquor store at night fairly often, smooth ground, well lit but I went there mainly because no one would ever drive through and I could just chill and skate at 1am.

After not skating the spot for a few months I went back and someone had spray painted a skateboard on the wall with my intitials on top of it. Didn't go there much after that.

Skate_lurker_Rob

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 03:25:18 AM »
I take it you're familiar with SW? I have spoken with a few Navajo afterwards and they say in the desert region or more specific Native American regions you don't want to mention them as it's a beacon for them to find you..... I've been blessed with a talisman and it has brought me good luck with sketchy places ever since.

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2018, 03:37:06 AM »
about ten years ago on halloween i was skating home from the skatepark and an old man on a bike rode by and said "happy halloween!" he then rounded the corner and turned down my block like 5 seconds before me and he just disappeared

never saw the dude before or after that  :o
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2018, 03:52:35 AM »
I just listened to Red Fox by Tomahawk because of this. Thanks Rob I forgot how fucking amazing Anonymous was! Probably one of the best side projects Mike Patton has ever done.

Skate_lurker_Rob

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2018, 04:17:45 AM »
Was living in Alabama on a farm during primary school. I was walking home one day and there was a path that my dad had left open for neighbors to cut through to the highway.

So as I am walking home and I see a van cruising past a few times and turns down that cut through,  I raise my eyebrow as I was observant as a kid and knew no one in my area hadn't had a van like this, as I'm walking past your atypical creeper asked me your mum and dad had an accident and asked me to pick you up, My mum and dad were split up they barely spoke much less were together for longer then a few minutes. I saw through his ruse and asked did you pick up my little brother Richie?

He said yes I had no little brother and made a b line for my house. Saw my Uncle Jack on the porch told him what was going down he told me get inside! I'll deal with this.

let me just descibe my Uncle Jack he is a big biker type with long beard and Vietnam veteran from what I can remember he definitely was someone not to fuck with many barroom brawls and scars to tell about.

He steps off the porch with his shotgun he was cleaning doesn't raise it but has a few things to say and the creeper bolt's to the van quickly. I go downstairs to thank him and he is gone?! 

I mentioned this to my dad later on his face goes ghostly white of serious look on his face says something more, you sure you saw Jack? I telling him this and my grandma tell's me to go to bed, as I'm going to bed she explains to me that your Uncle has been dead for two months and it was a biking accident in California and they had buried him in his vest and leather jacket, I was floored but what about his shotgun?! I'm not lying, I told them she walked me downstairs and the gun case which was locked key went missing or as I was told was unlocked and shotgun was missing?! I'm not sure wtf would have happened had my Uncle Jack not been there. But wtf who stole my Uncles gun?

Kel Varnsen

• Rep: 4
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2018, 07:52:50 AM »
The city I grew up built their first public skatepark in 1999. They subsequently banned all skateboarding downtown and had a strict zero tolerance policy where you'd be issued a ticket or have your skateboard confiscated. Police knew exactly which spots were popular and would park unmarked cars or have plain-clothes units sitting nearby. If you were even carrying your skateboard, you could just feel the tension of a thousand eyes watching you. The second you put your board down and both feet were on, your day was done. Some friends and I found out that at one spot there was a shift change between 4am-5am, and every now and then would take advantage of that short window.

Early one Saturday morning, we were at a spot and I had this really weird feeling I just couldn't place. All of a sudden, I just felt dizzy and weak and this white van with no windows showed up where the police usually parked. It was way earlier than usual, and we were confident it wasn't the police, so we stayed a little longer. It still felt like whoever was in there was keeping a close eye on us.  Sure enough, right on cue, the unmarked car showed up right as we were packing up our gear. We walked to a breakfast place around the corner, but that weird feeling I had at the spot followed me so I didn't eat. When we came out, that white van had moved to where we were parked. At this point it was around 7am and we figured we'd go to the skatepark and get an early morning session in before it got busy from the weekend crowds enjoying the new park.

We skated there and had the place to ourselves until about 10:30am. This was super awesome, but also strange because the park had just opened a month previous, and I still couldn't shake that weird feeling I had all morning. Then a white van, similar to the one downtown showed up. A catholic priest got out and just sat there and watched us for about 30 minutes. We were all getting hungry, and a little creeped out, so we went to go eat at this fast-casual Italian place down the street that served breakfast and lunch. I didn't want to go because I felt so off about the whole situation, but ultimately decided maybe if I just went and ate something, I could distract myself and fill the pit in my stomach with some cheap pizza. Well, we skated some back alleys to get there and that same van that was at the park was now at the restaurant.

We all took notice and agreed that maybe we'd just eat our food, skate back to our car using main roads and call it a day. We finished and as I stood up to leave, I turned toward the van in the parking lot and felt really lightheaded. My friends told me my coloring was totally off, and now I just wanted to get out of there asap. We skated as fast as we could back to our car at the empty skatepark, but the van was already there. That feeling I had was stronger than ever now. I couldn't shake it. Then I farted and pooped my pants.

Turns out the van downtown was just a maintenance guy waiting for the spot we parked in at an office building. The van at the skatepark / Italian place was actually two vans - a youth group cleaning the park nearby that stopped for lunch. And that feeling I couldn't shake all morning was the stomach flu. The cheap pizza put me over the top. Turns out there was nothing paranormal. But one question I still can't answer is why was a brand new skatepark empty  until noon on a beautiful Saturday morning? I may never know.

Skate_lurker_Rob

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2018, 08:33:11 AM »
The city I grew up built their first public skatepark in 1999. They subsequently banned all skateboarding downtown and had a strict zero tolerance policy where you'd be issued a ticket or have your skateboard confiscated. Police knew exactly which spots were popular and would park unmarked cars or have plain-clothes units sitting nearby. If you were even carrying your skateboard, you could just feel the tension of a thousand eyes watching you. The second you put your board down and both feet were on, your day was done. Some friends and I found out that at one spot there was a shift change between 4am-5am, and every now and then would take advantage of that short window.

Early one Saturday morning, we were at a spot and I had this really weird feeling I just couldn't place. All of a sudden, I just felt dizzy and weak and this white van with no windows showed up where the police usually parked. It was way earlier than usual, and we were confident it wasn't the police, so we stayed a little longer. It still felt like whoever was in there was keeping a close eye on us.  Sure enough, right on cue, the unmarked car showed up right as we were packing up our gear. We walked to a breakfast place around the corner, but that weird feeling I had at the spot followed me so I didn't eat. When we came out, that white van had moved to where we were parked. At this point it was around 7am and we figured we'd go to the skatepark and get an early morning session in before it got busy from the weekend crowds enjoying the new park.

We skated there and had the place to ourselves until about 10:30am. This was super awesome, but also strange because the park had just opened a month previous, and I still couldn't shake that weird feeling I had all morning. Then a white van, similar to the one downtown showed up. A catholic priest got out and just sat there and watched us for about 30 minutes. We were all getting hungry, and a little creeped out, so we went to go eat at this fast-casual Italian place down the street that served breakfast and lunch. I didn't want to go because I felt so off about the whole situation, but ultimately decided maybe if I just went and ate something, I could distract myself and fill the pit in my stomach with some cheap pizza. Well, we skated some back alleys to get there and that same van that was at the park was now at the restaurant.

We all took notice and agreed that maybe we'd just eat our food, skate back to our car using main roads and call it a day. We finished and as I stood up to leave, I turned toward the van in the parking lot and felt really lightheaded. My friends told me my coloring was totally off, and now I just wanted to get out of there asap. We skated as fast as we could back to our car at the empty skatepark, but the van was already there. That feeling I had was stronger than ever now. I couldn't shake it. Then I farted and pooped my pants.

Turns out the van downtown was just a maintenance guy waiting for the spot we parked in at an office building. The van at the skatepark / Italian place was actually two vans - a youth group cleaning the park nearby that stopped for lunch. And that feeling I couldn't shake all morning was the stomach flu. The cheap pizza put me over the top. Turns out there was nothing paranormal. But one question I still can't answer is why was a brand new skatepark empty  until noon on a beautiful Saturday morning? I may never know.
These are the mysteries we all have to know...... Dramatic music duh duh dunnnnn....

That's funny you pooped your pants.... ಠ_ಠ

I got super day drunk at Chattanoogle park in Tennessee. It was a Sunday and of course it was a sanctuary park with prayers and shit free hour session for those that stayed for church. 

My friends and I just stormed through filmed a line or two and dudes inside were mad at us ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ chased us out said they were calling the cops from then on I boycotted the place.

Anyways as we're running away and hiding in these full pipe concrete tubes other friend's running with us passed by they eventually get caught and have to pay for the glass door they busted. Me and my homies we managed to sneak back to utc campus unscathed.

Interesting PostScript to this story is one guy who called the cops came over to a flophouse and was partying with us we had some acid and he ate a ten strip of acid mastrubated in our sink it was really really weird. Wtf could anyone say while really fucking high?! From then on our crew got to skate free as we had poloroids of fapping  incident and were total dicks, we never let him down for it but I burned those pictures soon thereafter.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 08:37:19 AM by Skate_lurker_Rob »

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2018, 08:37:11 AM »
My right leg has a donor acl in it from a 17 year old girl who died in a drunk driving accident on her prom night. Every now and then it gets really heavy on my board like I can’t lift it all and I know it is because in her last moments she was trying desperately to stomp on the brake pedal. My doctor tells me it’s drop foot but I know.

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2018, 09:43:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I take it you're familiar with SW? I have spoken with a few Navajo afterwards and they say in the desert region or more specific Native American regions you don't want to mention them as it's a beacon for them to find you..... I've been blessed with a talisman and it has brought me good luck with sketchy places ever since.

I grew up in neighborhood that backed up to a huge Native reservation in Arizona. You have to drive down this long, super dark road to get to my house. This was the kinda road that goes straight into the darkness and seems to vanish into the horizon.  My friends and I see a blurry figure down the road and figure it's just a coyote crossing the road. We sorta slow down and make sure we don't hit the animal. You could tell from a distance that the coyote saw us and makes a dash into the deep desert that engulfs one side of the long road. However, it was the most bizarre four-legged animal. I was joking with my friend saying it was a skin walker, and he turned pale and got super spooked.

Might have been a javelina, could have been a skin walker, who knows. Either way we were silent after that, and there was a weird electricity in the air.

LB

• Rep: 57
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2018, 10:12:52 AM »
I just listened to Red Fox by Tomahawk because of this. Thanks Rob I forgot how fucking amazing Anonymous was! Probably one of the best side projects Mike Patton has ever done.

anonymous is incredible.  also love mr bungle and secret chiefs 3

Nosferatu

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2018, 12:28:56 PM »
Casper slides are spooky
I thought it wasnt just him solo, shouldve stuck with my og thought.
R.I.P Rusty. One of us.

Knox Harrington

• Rep: 11
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2018, 08:07:17 PM »
Was living in Alabama on a farm during primary school. I was walking home one day and there was a path that my dad had left open for neighbors to cut through to the highway.

So as I am walking home and I see a van cruising past a few times and turns down that cut through,  I raise my eyebrow as I was observant as a kid and knew no one in my area hadn't had a van like this, as I'm walking past your atypical creeper asked me your mum and dad had an accident and asked me to pick you up, My mum and dad were split up they barely spoke much less were together for longer then a few minutes. I saw through his ruse and asked did you pick up my little brother Richie?

He said yes I had no little brother and made a b line for my house. Saw my Uncle Jack on the porch told him what was going down he told me get inside! I'll deal with this.

let me just descibe my Uncle Jack he is a big biker type with long beard and Vietnam veteran from what I can remember he definitely was someone not to fuck with many barroom brawls and scars to tell about.

He steps off the porch with his shotgun he was cleaning doesn't raise it but has a few things to say and the creeper bolt's to the van quickly. I go downstairs to thank him and he is gone?! 

I mentioned this to my dad later on his face goes ghostly white of serious look on his face says something more, you sure you saw Jack? I telling him this and my grandma tell's me to go to bed, as I'm going to bed she explains to me that your Uncle has been dead for two months and it was a biking accident in California and they had buried him in his vest and leather jacket, I was floored but what about his shotgun?! I'm not lying, I told them she walked me downstairs and the gun case which was locked key went missing or as I was told was unlocked and shotgun was missing?! I'm not sure wtf would have happened had my Uncle Jack not been there. But wtf who stole my Uncles gun?
Have you ever thought about how the guy could have actually molested you, which you blocked out of memory, and reconciled by inserting a false memory about how the most protective person you knew (Uncle Jack) scared him off?

Skate_lurker_Rob

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2018, 05:12:54 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Have you ever thought about how the guy could have actually molested you, which you blocked out of memory, and reconciled by inserting a false memory about how the most protective person you knew (Uncle Jack) scared him off?
no, that didn't happen the worst abuse I had as a kid was being ignored. Secondly I mentioned this to my dad recently and he remembers briefly about it. Assumes my older brother stole the shotgun,  and thirdly I made it home safely if the guy wanted to I'm sure he would have taken me in his van, however I wasn't as innocent as I have 3 older brothers who were mean to me. It's one thing for them to come up with ways to fuck with me, a creepy old dude naww fuck that he'd have gotten a kick to the face had he been close.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 763
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2018, 05:20:04 AM »
My right leg has a donor acl in it from a 17 year old girl who died in a drunk driving accident on her prom night. Every now and then it gets really heavy on my board like I can’t lift it all and I know it is because in her last moments she was trying desperately to stomp on the brake pedal. My doctor tells me it’s drop foot but I know.

thanks for posting

(not sarcastic, actualy thankful you post on slap)

cilantro

• Rep: 44
  • human bean
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2018, 02:00:53 AM »
16 and skating with friends. Back then it was easier to mess around and find ourselves out at 2 or 3 am. One night we had been drinking and I told everyone of a supposed haunted house I heard stories about. Had just found out it was really close by my house, and we felt brave so we were down. We skate less than a mile From my house, to this small area that’s like mainly owned by local farmers, whose land was bought and made into the neighborhoods. The house is ONLY accessible if you go though the alley behind the houses. There wasn’t any other way of getting to it. We start walking down the alley, it’s late, we’re teeny as hell and buzzing off taaka. My friend mentions something about how it’s a bad idea to be high or inebriated in haunted areas, cuz you’re more vulnerable, or something like that. There aren’t streetlights, it’s pitch black dark and we can’t see anything. Us, teenage skater boys, held hands and walked down this quiet alley hearing the lightest flutter above us. We got to the fence at the very end of the alley, which has a small abandoned sign. We can only see in the smallest glow of our phones. Anyway, we’re trying to muster up the courage to jump the fence, when we hear a twig snap. Just one, then after a long soundless pause, a second. Then it stopped. In the moment, I thought, fuckin serial killer or bobcat this might be, they know we heard it. Then, a flutter. Right on the neck high fence we’re standing next to, a barn owl is perched. Locally, superstitious Hispanics believe in lechuzas—witches, or demons appearing as white owls with large wingspans. We freaked the fuck out. Ran off so hard, didn’t say anything. We even tried passing it off like, yeah nope, that owl in front of our faces wasn’t the reason I hauled ass for my life.
Obviously, was a barn owl. Obviously, nothing paranormal. But a fun night with friends, our boards, no work or school the night after, every reason to do everything but also scared off by an owl. Cool times :-)

LB

• Rep: 57
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2018, 02:48:44 AM »
not skating but a weird experience i had..i was led in bed trying to go to sleep and suddenly the bed started shaking.  it was a fairly heavy bed and with me in it would take alot of effort for someone to shake it.  i was led facing the wall and was too scared to roll over and see if someone was there shaking it, although i knew there wasnt a 'person' there as i was alone in the house and in an attic room with creaky old floorboards to access it, id have heard them come or go.  this went on for about for 8 seconds then i heard what sounded like wings flapping away and it was gone

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2018, 03:54:57 AM »
So I can back tail one day and the very next day it is gone?
Now, that is some paranormal shit!

I feel you, my switch 360 flips were paranormal for 13 years. Exorcizing them was a draining, tedious process.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2018, 07:42:07 AM »
I don't believe in ghosts and I've seen two.