Author Topic: Old Dudes Post Up Here...  (Read 141113 times)

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -383
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
Re: Old Dudes Post Up Here...
« Reply #1530 on: September 13, 2018, 12:02:02 AM »
First handrail in over 20 years,

I turn 40 in December but that is both fucking epic and inspiring :o

"This is untrue, my client has not been attacked in every country" #yearoftheeagle

cosmicgypsies

• Rep: 115
« Reply #1531 on: September 13, 2018, 02:08:14 AM »
thats fuckin sick, major props

Sundaynuggets

• Rep: -2
« Reply #1532 on: September 13, 2018, 04:06:50 AM »

Set up: 8.2 Buzzbomb skateboards Mullen deck (Pennswood)
Ace 33ís
Spitfire hard chargers 54mm 80 soft

Favorite skaters: Kien ďDongerĒ Lieu, Daewon Song, Rodney Mullen, Kyle Nicholson is one of my modern favorites

Music: Froggy fresh

Married: Yep

Story: started skating in 1989 in New jersey. Mosty neighborhood suburbs style skating (make ledges out of old desks from the trash, flip bike racks to make flat bars), skated Trenton a lot and the fountain in Princeton a lot until mid 90ís when I started going to Philly and NYC a lot. Moved to Philly in Ď97 and skated City hall a lot and the other normal spots at the time. Love every once in a while, but not a ton. Slowed down in 2002 and didnít skate much (maybe once a month or every other month) until 2016 when I started skating a lot again. Still in Philly but mostly skate around the city looking for interesting spots. Go to Municipal, Paines and Pops a pretty fair amount.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 04:27:29 AM by Sundaynuggets »

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -406
« Reply #1533 on: September 13, 2018, 06:12:49 AM »
  Any one posting on this under 36 has early onset grumpieness (EOG)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 06:17:35 AM by givecigstosurfgroms »
message of love (bring the mean locals cookies)

SquintinTarantino

• Rep: 0
« Reply #1534 on: September 13, 2018, 07:43:54 AM »
Set Up: 8.5 Habitat Twin Peaks "Bob" deck
Indys
53mm Rictas
Preferred Terrain: manny pads, street, mini ramp (although havents skated one in years)
Favorite skaters: (All-time) Jamie Thomas, Reynolds, Rowley, Koston
Favorite skaters: (Current) Milton, Cole Wilson, Austyn, Foy
Music: Mostly punk and metal, but dabble in just about everything
Married: No, committed relationship for 6+ years
Kids:cats

Current:
http://www.reddit.com/r/OldSkaters/comments/8so0w2/sketchy_old_guy_flips_first_of_the_year_35yo/

Glory days:

FS-OverKOOK

• Rep: -9
« Reply #1535 on: September 13, 2018, 11:35:06 AM »
http://imgur.com/cYBn1TO  (my embedding skills are lacking)
set up and speed are still a little shaky but this one was out of the rotation for awhile.

Set Up - 8.5 Baker AR
Indy 149 Hollows
Spitfire 52mm 99d Lock Ins

Terrain - Street and park ledges when I'm lazy(often)

Favorite Skaters - Mike C. and Andrew R.

Music - Mac Dre, Dre Dog, Dilated Peoples

Married - No

Kids - 1

Occupation -  Work in the bass fishing industry but looking to switch up soon.

Sedition

• Rep: 17
  • Fuck the revoltion. Bring on the apocalypse.
    • Concrete Existence
« Reply #1536 on: September 17, 2018, 11:09:41 AM »
Separated my AC joint (shoulder) on Saturday. Was skating a 4' mini ramp. Did a b/s indy nose pick. Was leaning a bit too far forward on reentry. Held on across the flat, but then full-on shoulder checked the tranny/wall on the other side. I know AC separations are graded on severity. I'm going for follow-up on Wed, but I am almost 100% certain it's not a Stage III (total separation), thank god. Anyone else ever done this? How long till you were rolling again? 
"Everything has been figured out, except how to live." -Sartre

Not Local

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1537 on: September 17, 2018, 12:56:03 PM »
You survived the handrail but tore out your shoulder on a mini ramp?? Sorry to hear that!

I have no advice on the matter just commiserations.

I knew I was due a slam and had a bad one of Friday. Trying to nose manual in and out of a bowl. Weight was all off on re entry and smashed into a concrete hip. Nothing too serious but bruised wrist and arse cheek. Couldn't really walk Saturday but luckily I had acupuncture scheduled for Sunday.

Sedition

• Concrete Existence
« Reply #1538 on: September 17, 2018, 02:07:34 PM »
You survived the handrail but tore out your shoulder on a mini ramp?? Sorry to hear that!

I have no advice on the matter just commiserations.

I knew I was due a slam and had a bad one of Friday. Trying to nose manual in and out of a bowl. Weight was all off on re entry and smashed into a concrete hip. Nothing too serious but bruised wrist and arse cheek. Couldn't really walk Saturday but luckily I had acupuncture scheduled for Sunday.

I know, right? I had pads on, too, when skating the mini ramp...just not shoulder pads! Sorry to hear about your wreck. Hope you're doing better!

notcool

• Rep: -21
« Reply #1539 on: September 17, 2018, 02:17:11 PM »

sbmfj

• Rep: -3
« Reply #1540 on: September 18, 2018, 05:58:15 AM »
Heal up soon Sedition.

Checked out the Dime Glory Challenge this weekend - Im lucky, was at home.

Felt that by going to this, really get your skate blood boiling again. Great to see soo many people ripping and hucking themselves.

First year I attended the street events, and really wish I went lat year.

So if there are events in your town/city or close enough, check them out. Will get you pumped and hopefully get you skating more.

It was nice feeling like im 20 again...

handsclapanin

• Rep: 149
« Reply #1541 on: September 18, 2018, 08:26:09 AM »
Heal up soon Sedition.

Checked out the Dime Glory Challenge this weekend - Im lucky, was at home.

Felt that by going to this, really get your skate blood boiling again. Great to see soo many people ripping and hucking themselves.

First year I attended the street events, and really wish I went lat year.

So if there are events in your town/city or close enough, check them out. Will get you pumped and hopefully get you skating more.

It was nice feeling like im 20 again...

Second Hand Stoke is real

Sorry about your slam Sedition. Hopefully you'll heal up fast and won't become Sedation.

Sedition

• Concrete Existence
« Reply #1542 on: September 18, 2018, 09:50:04 AM »
Sorry about your slam Sedition. Hopefully you'll heal up fast and won't become Sedation.

LOL. Thanks for the good wishes.

Sedition

• Concrete Existence
« Reply #1543 on: September 18, 2018, 09:52:05 AM »
Since I'm out on injury, I put together a few clips from last year, and a few from last week. Every session is a gift at this age. Hope everyone is skating this week!

verylowimpact

• Rep: -126
« Reply #1544 on: September 18, 2018, 02:17:20 PM »
Since I'm out on injury, I put together a few clips from last year, and a few from last week. Every session is a gift at this age. Hope everyone is skating this week!

Haha...I enjoyed this. Some of those tricks surprised me for sure, looks like you have a knack for the nollie front side flip and the switch backside flip ;) The back tail was also a surprise. You're definitely from my era dude.

Sedition

• Concrete Existence
« Reply #1545 on: September 18, 2018, 03:47:36 PM »
Haha...I enjoyed this. Some of those tricks surprised me for sure, looks like you have a knack for the nollie front side flip and the switch backside flip ;) The back tail was also a surprise. You're definitely from my era dude.

Hah. Thanks for the kind words. What surprises me that most, is that I can still stand-up on a skateboard. Everything beyond that is extra.

verylowimpact

• Rep: -126
« Reply #1546 on: September 18, 2018, 04:22:54 PM »

Hah. Thanks for the kind words. What surprises me that most, is that I can still stand-up on a skateboard. Everything beyond that is extra.

I know right? I just feel blessed I can comfortably cruise down a street carving around people and things these days, and then to ollie up a curb in the process is just insane. The simple pleasures.

furiirezu

• Rep: 0
    • Instagram
« Reply #1547 on: September 18, 2018, 04:47:46 PM »

Setup: I have a rack with several to keep the madness at bay. Mostly 8.25Ē Generator wood, occasionally Girl (nostalgia), Skull Skates and two small brands Colony and Brujaria that I really like. Either Indy 144 or Thunder 148 Titaniums. Bones Swiss on street/park and Super Reds or Modus Blues on cruiser setups. Spitfire and Bones wheels (occasionally Sml) always in 54mm. Recently switched from Flypaper to Mob.

Preferred Terrain: Bowls, minis, curbs and long hills to cruise down. I get to skate two or three times per week weather permitting.

Daily Terrain: Cruising to the mailbox and back unless thereís snow.

Favorite Skaters: Rick McCrank, Jeremy Klein, Shin Sabongi, Hiroki Muraoka, Mark Suciu, Joey Guevara, Brandon Nguyen, Neil Blender, Jim Thiebaud, Jeff Phillips , Chris Miller and Dave Hackett.   

Music: Horror Punk, 80ís Alternative, New Age. 

Married: 18 years.

Kids: Cats.

Background: Started skating in 83í on a plastic Free Former board then got a hand-me-down Banzai board with original Ojís on it. First proper board was an original Natas with Tracker Ultra-Lights and 85A Bone IIIís with GMN bearings. Skated street heavily until the Turf skatepark opened then became a regular there since it was close to my high school. Spent most of the 90ís stationed out of Japan so I experienced the rise and fall of the small wheels/big pants days there. Skating in Japan was when I was at my best and had the most fun. I still go to Japan every other year or so to skate and visit with old friends. Took a break the last half of my military career and started back up in 2012 after rehabbing a bad foot injury. Health-wise Iíve been pretty solid the last few years which Iím very thankful for. Canít skate every day or flip my board around much anymore but two to three times per week at my age feels like a gift of which I am truly grateful for.

notcool

• Rep: -21
« Reply #1548 on: September 18, 2018, 05:00:49 PM »
I just turned 37. Skating since about 10 didn't skate on and off for years you know the story.  Didn't skate last 3 years at all. Started back up last 8 months ago almost everyday. So hard to learn again i lost all my tricks had to start from scratch.  Skateboarding is the hardest thing i've ever done in my life.  Here is some of the footage i've compiled over the last 6 months mainly parks- I wish i had more street available to me but where i live its dry of good street spots.