Author Topic: Pedro Delfino Welcome to Deathwish  (Read 14866 times)

Rockin Robbin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 416
Re: Pedro Delfino Welcome to Deathwish
« Reply #90 on: September 13, 2018, 01:42:29 PM »
I actually wanna know if anyone has been knocked out more than twice in a single part.
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #91 on: September 13, 2018, 01:54:10 PM »
I actually wanna know if anyone has been knocked out more than twice in a single part.
In a single part or for a single part?

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Paletta

• Rep: -17
« Reply #92 on: September 13, 2018, 06:18:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
too bad he won't wear a helmet. i get it, image means a lot and its hard to worry about tomorrow when you're young and crushing life. but he will surely regret it if he lives into middle age and beyond. feels awful watching him get wrecked like that
[close]
I fucking hate people who don’t actually care about the person slamming pontificating about how he should wear a helmet
[close]

What about slothflip's statement makes it seem like he doesn't care? Does he have to personally know him to wish he would skate safely? With that recent Jenkem article coming out, slams like that aren't anything I want to see nor do I wish them to be glorified. Makes me sick that young kids will look at this being portrayed as cool.
[close]
The fact that he doesn’t know him. Also, saying “he should have worn a helmet” AFTER a slam is just arrogant pontificating that helps nobody. Its just a way to talk shit to a guy willing to do something you wouldn’t, and that you just supported by watching.

Helmetless slams in skateboarding are nothing new, and aren’t going away. If you don’t like seeing it, stop watching skate videos, kooks. Lecturing a guy about how he should live his life is so fucking lame.

Y’all are pussies, let the man skate.

This is basically what you spend a large portion of your life doing on this message board.
I don't know if its just me, but your belligerent posts have become even more unbearable to read of late.

slothflip

• Rep: -9
« Reply #93 on: September 13, 2018, 06:28:42 PM »
I have asthma and take offense to that mouthbreather comment  >:(

see: not mutually exclusive. vibes on your situation tho if legit. I helped rescue a close friend who had a severe attack at a park many moons ago. it was an awful experience as I helplessly watched him suffer until real help arrived. im just pontificating tho...should of just "let the man skate" and cleared the aisle while he checked out like a fucking hero

WarmUpZone

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 447
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #94 on: September 13, 2018, 06:53:13 PM »
Maybe it's just the concussion footage, but it really seems like Pedro Delfino is skating out of his depth and barely escaping the tricks he is initiating. It is thrilling. It is a welcome change from the bland precision of many of latest crop of overachieving ams (anybody see those i AM blind parts?).

However, that opening skull thud totally gives concerned citizens plenty of justification when they tell a skater to get off their roof. Great companion part to go with the recent Jenkem CTE article.
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1240
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2018, 06:57:03 PM »
Expand Quote
he 100% got knocked out in that first slam, that's like textbook fencing response.

he reminds me a ton of omar salazar.
[close]

had the same thought (thoug he's a little less hectic) - whats omar up to these days?

Jesus fucking Christ, I don’t know that I’ve ever felt sick to my stomach watching a slam before.  Maybe Heath’s on that huge hubba?

I agree with the Omar comparison.  I was actually thinking when I was watching it that he’s half Omar Salazar, half Cardiel. 
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Mount St. Hermdog

• Rep: 10
« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2018, 11:22:10 PM »
Kirchart getting smoked on the handicap ramp ollie in Mind Field is so much worse I think

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2018, 11:49:22 PM »
Pedro fucking wants it, such a fucking ripper

sms_b

« Reply #98 on: September 14, 2018, 05:24:26 AM »
Kirchart getting smoked on the handicap ramp ollie in Mind Field is so much worse I think

You're tripping balls if you think a side head smash to soft ground is "so much worse" than a smack to the back of the head on concrete. Kirchart grabs his head afterward, which is a tell tale sign he remained conscious. Delfino hits the back of the skull, what's called the hindbrain, which incidentally houses the medulla and is the reason you maintain bodily function, never mind the cerebellum which sits behind it ... smack that fucker in the right way and the whole system goes pow. No hands, no consciousness. Lights out.   

shit_for_brains

« Reply #99 on: September 14, 2018, 05:30:42 AM »
Whoa ho ho we got ourselves a real brain genius over here

Badmeaningood

• Rep: 25
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #100 on: September 14, 2018, 05:40:12 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You're tripping balls if you think a side head smash to soft ground is "so much worse" than a smack to the back of the head on concrete. Kirchart grabs his head afterward, which is a tell tale sign he remained conscious. Delfino hits the back of the skull, what's called the hindbrain, which incidentally houses the medulla and is the reason you maintain bodily function, never mind the cerebellum which sits behind it ... smack that fucker in the right way and the whole system goes pow. No hands, no consciousness. Lights out.

Heath talks about that slam in this. There was a rock protruding from the middle of the grass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax-rP3wZQyE

pops

• Rep: 218
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #101 on: September 14, 2018, 07:05:18 AM »

obviously your brain is nothing but shit

shit_for_brains

« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2018, 07:47:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

obviously your brain is nothing but shit

Holy shit you got me! Can't show my face around here anymore

Eds_gallerist

« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2018, 07:52:19 AM »

As if it was bad to drop some knowledge.

I don't mind watching dudes slam but that was tough. Seems that he is pushing his limits a bit too much. Enjoyed the part though!

Stupid question: what happens in the US when someone hurts himself really bad on your property without being insured. Any form of liability by the property owner?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2018, 07:55:38 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

As if it's bad to pay homage to Moe Syzlak calling Homer's garage a car hole you uncultured fucks

conqueso

« Reply #105 on: September 14, 2018, 07:58:27 AM »
Well it's only a matter of time before someone turns into a vegetable from this type of gnarlyness

Eds_gallerist

« Reply #106 on: September 14, 2018, 08:54:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

As if it's bad to pay homage to Moe Syzlak calling Homer's garage a car hole you uncultured fucks

I just thought that making fun of someone who uses objective criteria to evaluate the gnarliness of two slams was a bit off. But whatever dude, keep hitting that kook button

shit_for_brains

« Reply #107 on: September 14, 2018, 08:56:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I just thought that making fun of someone who uses objective criteria to evaluate the gnarliness of two slams was a bit off. But whatever dude, keep hitting that kook button

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't worry about that

sms_b

« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2018, 11:20:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Heath talks about that slam in this. There was a rock protruding from the middle of the grass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax-rP3wZQyE

I hadn't seen that before. Holy shit he got lucky. Fucking gnarly.

Wizard Fight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -191
« Reply #109 on: September 15, 2018, 08:35:22 PM »

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #110 on: September 15, 2018, 09:26:38 PM »
This dude is fucking gnarly. Def has that Cardiel make or break style in almost all of his tricks. Wonder why AH didn't workout. I think its sick hes on Deathwish though and puts that guy Erik Valdez to shame as far as ams on the team go. And fuck can he can take a slam, does anyone remember the bust or bail ATL slam:

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #111 on: September 15, 2018, 10:33:53 PM »
This dude is fucking gnarly. Def has that Cardiel make or break style in almost all of his tricks. Wonder why AH didn't workout. I think its sick hes on Deathwish though and puts that guy Erik Valdez to shame as far as ams on the team go. And fuck can he can take a slam, does anyone remember the bust or bail ATL slam:

Heavy. Dude went into a breakdancing spasm.

Was he trying 5050?
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Battery Aziz

• Rep: -1
« Reply #112 on: September 15, 2018, 11:12:36 PM »
Actually enjoyed that. This dude is gnarly for sure but with that many hits to the dome he's not gonna make it past being an AM or to his next video part

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 646
« Reply #113 on: September 16, 2018, 12:09:24 AM »

sms_b

« Reply #114 on: September 16, 2018, 04:23:32 AM »
Expand Quote
a real brain genius
[close]

Try this: punch yourself in the frontal skull head on as many times as you like. Now punch yourself in the side of the head (parietal and temporal), again, as many times as you like. Now, get your friend to punch you in the back of your head—just at the point where the skull and neck meet (just under the occipital), there's a little curve you can feel so even someone such as yourself can find it—about as hard as you've punched yourself multiple times.

If you can complete this task, you'll quickly discover the only real brain genius here is you. Godspeed! 

Switch_fsflip_noseslide

• Rep: -27
  • Nobody steals from Creed Bratton
« Reply #115 on: September 16, 2018, 08:09:47 PM »
That cardiel ko is the one that makes me sick....also anytime anyone vocally grunts or something like that w how k I'd can do it to me.
"Giovanni Reda sleeps with the fishes"