Author Topic: More long form content - That Was Skateboarding 'Pod'  (Read 538 times)

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
More long form content - That Was Skateboarding 'Pod'
« on: September 12, 2018, 04:25:09 PM »
Me and some friends recently decided to start a band podcast. We're doing it super lo-fi, but hopefully it's still listenable. I've always been a fan of watching the commentary tracks on movies/shows that I love, as well as some of the early MST3K inspired YouTube content. Us all being podcast fans, we had wanted to start a podcast... but we really didn't know what. While waiting the rain out a few weeks back, one of my friends started playing The Deathwish Video on his phone, which started a three person rant/argument about Furby, Ellington's part, Reynolds' appearance, Moose, Neen and more... when suddenly someone exclaimed "this should be the podcast! So, we're trying to just provide a commentary track for videos that are out of print or already available online over a few beers. Since that was the video that started it... here's the first episode. The acoustics of a hotel room with a few buzzed skaters milling about while we recorded weren't the best, but, this is how we did the first few episodes... next time I'll try to stay a little bit less than half in the bag. Try to enjoy.

https://vimeo.com/289580624
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

toque

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
Re: More long form content - That Was Skateboarding 'Pod'
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 09:20:30 PM »
I got part way through and enjoyed. Would like an easier video to sit through than The Deathwish Video for the next one.  Homie called 2012 Juicy J "very early Juicy J" smdh

wheee!

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
Re: More long form content - That Was Skateboarding 'Pod'
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 01:48:47 PM »
I got part way through and enjoyed. Would like an easier video to sit through than The Deathwish Video for the next one.  Homie called 2012 Juicy J "very early Juicy J" smdh

Thanks, I/we appreciate the kind words, and we’re trying to space out videos that have lots to talk about (I really wanna do Pretty Sweet, but I almost feel like it’s low hanging fruit). The next episode is A Time To Shine.

Re: Juicy J - Honestly don’t know how I made that mistake other than I was getting pretty boozy during the video (I’m dreading listening to more slurring in the A Time to Shine episode while editing) and I kinda separate Juicy J the solo rapper from his tenure in Three 6. Definitely gonna try and be more professional in ‘the booth’ next time..
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this