Author Topic: weight of newer trucks  (Read 5224 times)

Goldberg

weight of newer trucks
« on: September 16, 2018, 06:27:08 AM »
Hello,

are the newer trucks much lighter than trucks from year 2006?

kentrock

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -199
Re: weight of newer trucks
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 07:35:38 AM »
way lighter and turn better

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 07:55:03 AM »
but they put shitty bushings and pivot cups in to make you buy aftermarket ones, I'm looking at you, indy

Goldberg

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2018, 01:22:02 PM »
How much grams lighter?

Each 40 g?

Thinking about buying new one. But if it`s only a few grams, it wouldn`t be worth it.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 01:27:34 PM by Goldberg »

woodinbrine

• Rep: 13
  • ᛐᛅᚢᛐᛁᚾ ᛙᛁᚴ ᚠᚱᛁᛅ
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 05:52:36 AM »
I weighed an older Independent and a new Thunder truck a little while ago and the Independent one was about 40 grams heavier. The Independent truck had been ground almost to the axle, I don’t know how many grams could have been worn off.
I think Independents have always been heavier than Thunder in general though.

Goldberg

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 10:33:06 PM »
Thank you. So I´ll keep my old trucks. 80-100 grams are not worth it.

kentrock

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2018, 10:51:00 PM »
Thank you. So I´ll keep my old trucks. 80-100 grams are not worth it.

80-100 grams each is a half pound the set

Goldberg

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2018, 12:18:19 AM »
1 truck is 40 grams lighter. So it is 80-100 grams a set. Not worth it.

kentrock

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2018, 01:05:11 PM »
1 truck is 40 grams lighter. So it is 80-100 grams a set. Not worth it.

you dont kickflip or ollie do you

Goldberg

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2018, 05:03:43 PM »
I do and it works very well.
Have a look at the 90`s and 00`s the pros had also trucks which was each 40 grams heavier. And they kickflipped and ollied very well.

Come on....80 grams...are you serious, that this matter? LOL

DaSk8D00D

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2018, 05:11:34 PM »
I do and it works very will.
Have a lookt at the 90`s and 00`s the pros had also trucks which was each 40 grams heavier. And the kickflipped and ollied very well.

80 grams, are you serious, that this matter? LOL

Bro you’re the one asking about it in the first place? 80 grams is a helluva difference on board.

Yes you CAN Ollie & do fliptricks with those brick ass 10 year old trucks but it’s a lot easier with lighter ones, plus you’ll probably have more overall endurance throughout the session

Also, weight aside, the TURN GEOMETRY has likely gone through multiple revisions no matter what brand (Indy, Venture, & thunder have all been modified multiple times since) so yeah, there’s defintely benefit to not skating some 12 year old trucks in 2018
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 05:22:19 PM by DaSk8D00D »

kentrock

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2018, 07:27:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Have a lookt at the 90`s and 00`s the pros had also trucks which was each 40 grams heavier. And the kickflipped and ollied very well.

[close]

Bro you’re the one asking about it in the first place? 80 grams is a helluva difference on board.

Yes you CAN Ollie & do fliptricks with those brick ass 10 year old trucks but it’s a lot easier with lighter ones, plus you’ll probably have more overall endurance throughout the session

Also, weight aside, the TURN GEOMETRY has likely gone through multiple revisions no matter what brand (Indy, Venture, & thunder have all been modified multiple times since) so yeah, there’s defintely benefit to not skating some 12 year old trucks in 2018

exactly wut he said^^^^^^^^^^^

Goldberg

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2018, 12:53:10 AM »
Ok, thx. Maybe I`ll give it a try. But I think it is overvalued. Like many things in the industrie.

expensive shoes, boards vs. cheap shoes, boards.
Often only a slight difference, which doesn`t justify much higher prices.

Don´t get fooled by marketing.

Expand Quote

[close]

« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 12:55:08 AM by Goldberg »

Omars_Dad

• Rep: 61
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2018, 12:38:48 PM »
Ok, thx. Maybe I`ll give it a try. But I think it is overvalued. Like many things in the industrie.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Nah, I think you get what you pay for with shoes. They obviously don't make you better but the quality in materials is noticeable b/w a good shoe vs something from ROSS

streetsoup

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2018, 04:15:08 PM »

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Have a gnar Goldberg. I generally agree with you on this concept, but get some goddamn new trucks.

woodinbrine

• Rep: 13
  • ᛐᛅᚢᛐᛁᚾ ᛙᛁᚴ ᚠᚱᛁᛅ
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2018, 02:13:10 AM »
Oh yeah the difference is definitely noticable.

Goldberg

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2019, 04:51:51 AM »
My old trucks wrecked a few days ago.
So I bought some new ventures.
I don`t feel any difference.

Brguy

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2019, 06:09:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
but they put shitty bushings and pivot cups in to make you buy aftermarket ones, I'm looking at you, indy
That's the reason I prefer Thunders.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2019, 07:28:37 AM »
Dude said initially that the 80 gram difference was between an indy and a thunder and idiots STILL use it as a talking point for the rest of the thread.  Indys are a hair lighter than they used to be and still not as light as the super old indys that Ace copied.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

calvinsdream

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2019, 08:18:03 AM »

stop posting

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 217
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2019, 06:31:37 PM »
If those old trucks were Stage IX Indys, they were the lightest standard trucks made. Too bad they were also defective (baseplate holes) and turned like shit. Stage XIs are much better, though not as good as Stage VII.

landedprimo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -30
  • Become Pneuma
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2019, 09:51:22 PM »
Dude said initially that the 80 gram difference was between an indy and a thunder and idiots STILL use it as a talking point for the rest of the thread.  Indys are a hair lighter than they used to be and still not as light as the super old indys that Ace copied.

I think if we really want to understand the difference, first we need to know how many grams a hair weighs.
I don’t care what anyone says, a tit mouse’s tibia is a thing of beauty.
The streets await

Goldberg

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2019, 08:40:08 AM »
stop posting

Stop bitching.
There`s no difference.

Dad you're embarrassing me

• Rep: 66
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2019, 12:48:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I think if we really want to understand the difference, first we need to know how many grams a hair weighs.

I love your Burman sig, the landing strip of that rail is gnarly as shit even without a seccy at the bottom to trip you up!

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1239
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2019, 04:39:59 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not to muddy the waters, but isn’t a gram a measure of mass rather than weight?  This could be an important consideration.
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

CoMpLeMenTs4Uonlysometime

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2019, 01:29:06 PM »
We need a free body diagram, with all the forces acting on said hair to determine its weight. What is its Euclidean vector?

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2019, 02:32:44 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Not to muddy the waters, but isn’t a gram a measure of mass rather than weight?  This could be an important consideration.
really? people think this?

skatingisntspecialstupid

• Rep: 57
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2019, 08:58:37 AM »

Your ten year old trucks broke? Shocking. Thats another reason to buy new trucks, besides weight and turning geometry.

Also it feels good to ride what you like, without necessarily worrying about the price tag. Fuck being a broke skate rat past the age of 25. Spoil yourself a bit.
Don’t dip your head in or your board will end up behind you

dyllan

• Rep: -25
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2019, 11:49:31 AM »
the hollow indy's arent much lighter at all i would not recommend giving money for that

Htownlegend

• Rep: -63
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2019, 09:58:02 AM »
Hello,

are the newer trucks much lighter than trucks from year 2006?

So you are skating trucks from 2006? And you're wondering if the new ones are lighter. You then say 100 grams is not worth it and you DO ollie and kick flip.

Dude WTF , theres no way you skate. No way. Maybe cruise around or whatever but if that doesnt make a difference to you and your fucking trucks last you 10+ years then I have a hard time believing you do shit on a skateboard. Come on,  this almost seems like a joke. Why the fuck would you care about lightness when your trucks are fucking over a decade old. And then the newer trucks aren't worth it to change out your fucking ancient POS trucks?? Yeah you dont skate. My mind is blown.