Author Topic: new RIOS video offering Bontó  (Read 721 times)

ralf_

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -36
  • yo
new RIOS video offering Bontó
« on: September 18, 2018, 05:39:38 AM »

fun fun fun

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 359
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: new RIOS video offering Bontó
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2018, 07:29:52 AM »
Hell yes. Can’t watch it this second but Rios crew always delivers.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

hip bruise

• Rep: 11
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2018, 03:24:11 PM »
This is dope, good skating, new spots for me, filmed/edited well.

Type of stuff that is, unfortunately, super easy to miss in the avalanche of branded cookie cutter edits

ralf_

• yo
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 10:49:32 PM »
it is super rewatchable
fun fun fun

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2018, 02:14:25 AM »
Those guys are the fucking best. Their edits are the only thing I regularly rewatch prior to going skating and they work their magic every time. They pretty much put Budapest on the map of popular skate destinations in Europe all by themselves when you think about it, through nothing but years of sincere dedication and continuous uploads of sick shit like this. So much respect for the Rios crew.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2018, 06:07:42 AM »
that was sick. their cam-setup does a pretty good
job in capturing the ex-eastern-bloc greyness vibe

Chapingro

• Rep: 8
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2018, 02:40:03 PM »
I agree with everyone here on being stoked about this video. It's nice to see new spots - and yes, they're new to us, but I think they're also newer-ish for them too cos I remember reading in an interview with them that they consciously try to film at new spots for each video rather than repeat spots. This type of fundamentalism is welcome in my eyes since it's opens everyone - including them - up to new situations. I fall into the pattern of hitting up the same spots in my skating cos it allows me to work on my skate game on familiar territory, but i sometimes do it at the expense of exploring new situations.

The music is always sick too. I remember reading that a lot of their soundtracks are Hungarian artists that they know/collaborate with. Any updates on this or information on who did the tracks for this? I love how they match up with the zeitgeist of a lot of current Euro skate videos with the sort of ambient/lofi/house type vibe but also mix it up with the faster and more abstract shit.

Thanks for posting

ralf_

• yo
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2018, 11:10:49 PM »
I agree with everyone here on being stoked about this video. It's nice to see new spots - and yes, they're new to us, but I think they're also newer-ish for them too cos I remember reading in an interview with them that they consciously try to film at new spots for each video rather than repeat spots. This type of fundamentalism is welcome in my eyes since it's opens everyone - including them - up to new situations. I fall into the pattern of hitting up the same spots in my skating cos it allows me to work on my skate game on familiar territory, but i sometimes do it at the expense of exploring new situations.

The music is always sick too. I remember reading that a lot of their soundtracks are Hungarian artists that they know/collaborate with. Any updates on this or information on who did the tracks for this? I love how they match up with the zeitgeist of a lot of current Euro skate videos with the sort of ambient/lofi/house type vibe but also mix it up with the faster and more abstract shit.

Thanks for posting

you're welcome. thanks for contributing, i love the haunting quality of the videos they do, the music especially captures the psycho-vibe of skating in general, or, the skating i like, if that makes any sense at all. then you have someone drink wine and go down the street, the extreme closeups, the night footage . . . its like the antithesis to sunny feel good cali footage or something.
fun fun fun

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2018, 12:04:55 AM »

Thanks for posting

their motto is to never go film at the same spot twice, so for a while they had run out of spots downtown (which has a lot of marble) and has to resort to nothing but suburbs footage which made Budapest look grimier than it really is. downtown spots appear to be back in this one though.

about the music, last I heard Bence explores the depths of Youtube to find the songs that he likes with the least amount of views and rips them. he found a song uploaded years ago that only had 1 view once.

interviewed them a while back (it's long): http://magentaskateboards.com/hungary-connection-rios-crew-itw/
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 12:14:00 AM by silhouette »