Author Topic: nintendo switch online is ass  (Read 10534 times)

feedmeseymour

nintendo switch online is ass
« on: September 19, 2018, 05:36:20 AM »
so they dropped their online service yesterday, and its pretty fucked. you can only play online with/against people on your friends list. you cant just play some random person, there arent leaderboards. and to talk to your friends you have to use a garbage cellphone app.

as of now they only have 20 nes games in a netflix style selection. how hard would it have been to give us snes aswell. fuckers are in it for the slow bleed.

anyone on here have switch and get this? they have a 7 day free trial.

if anyone is trying to get ruined in dr mario hit me up. SW-4083-3192-7439

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 115
Re: nintendo switch online is ass
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2018, 09:23:03 AM »
Yeah, as a pretty big Nintendo fan they are dropping the ball with this online service. It's cool that it's cheap and all, but there's nothing to it. The NES games are cool I guess, but like you said how hard would it be to have games from newer systems too? It's silly to me that the past 3 Nintendo consoles have had better and more online features than the Switch. Here's to hoping they listen to their customers and improve on it.

puff daddy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -13
  • all we do is watch mtv cribs
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 11:31:00 PM »
i dont play any online games on switch so the only thing about this service that appealed to me was the nes games and even thats not great. how is there no button mapping ? i dont really want to pay 20 bucks for a couple old games and cloud saves

feedmeseymour

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 06:46:12 AM »
i dont play any online games on switch so the only thing about this service that appealed to me was the nes games and even thats not great. how is there no button mapping ? i dont really want to pay 20 bucks for a couple old games and cloud saves

yeah its pretty wack if you have a nes classic, but if you play nintendo titles like mario kart, splatoon and soon to be smash brothers ultimate online then i guess 20 bucks aint bad. i just wish they would can that fucking iphone app for talking.

Pigeon

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2018, 06:57:43 AM »
I’m hopeful that they’ll release more NES titles and some SNES ones in the future. However, 3DS has NES-N64 games and they have the NES/SNES mini remakes that plug in via HDMI. If you’re interested in older games, get one of the remakes.

puff daddy

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 11:33:43 PM »
i just saw that the special offers thing is that u can buy the nes joycon things and i have lost all hope for this service

feedmeseymour

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2018, 05:27:46 AM »
i just saw that the special offers thing is that u can buy the nes joycon things and i have lost all hope for this service

i actually think those controllers are sick but the bad part is they dont ship till december. ill be over the nes phase by then.

snes controllers are coming i think same with snes games. i saw someone did some data mining on the newest update and saw in the javascript space holders for snes along with icons for controllers that included a snes controller icon.

puff daddy

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2018, 12:38:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i actually think those controllers are sick but the bad part is they dont ship till december. ill be over the nes phase by then.

snes controllers are coming i think same with snes games. i saw someone did some data mining on the newest update and saw in the javascript space holders for snes along with icons for controllers that included a snes controller icon.

kinda odd that the gamecube controller isnt there considering their adding compatibility for smash

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1963
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2018, 06:48:09 AM »
I love Nintendo, but in 2018 there's pretty much no excuse for having an online service without core functions like partying up with friends or even so much as sending a message, something that competitors have been offering for 15 years.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2018, 06:28:13 PM »
Ok, here’s a dumb dad question: My kids have a Switch and 3 weeks ago could play Splatoon 2 online. No way they say they can’t. Is that because the subscription service went live and I now need to pay?

I’m looking forward to eventually playing Zelda, Mario, and Bayonetta 2 (fuck you, Wii U exclusive!) but the games my kids bought were all hot garbage and I haven’t really messed with the system yet.

puff daddy

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2018, 01:16:23 AM »
Ok, here’s a dumb dad question: My kids have a Switch and 3 weeks ago could play Splatoon 2 online. No way they say they can’t. Is that because the subscription service went live and I now need to pay?

yup gotta get a subscription but 20 bucks for a year isnt too bad

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2018, 05:25:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
yup gotta get a subscription but 20 bucks for a year isnt too bad

I suppose that's not a bad price but now I'm bitter that the $60 game the kids were enjoying is essentially worthless until I pony up another $20. Shit has almost no single player functionality.

Didn't know this was coming as the Switch has mostly been the kids' thing in my house.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3289
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2018, 07:43:54 AM »
As an ass man, I'm surprised at the direction in which this thread has gone.

That said, I'm a Switch guy and have heard the service blows. This confirms that.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2018, 07:10:45 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nje7jFEA3ww&t=0s

i wish they wouldnt slow bleed these games and just fucking give them to us. i already own a nes and snes classic but i want that shit on handheld. im tempted to buy a used switch and mod it.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2018, 07:28:16 AM »
I honestly think it’s kind of insane that they axed the virtual console altogether. I had no problem buying old games on my Wii-U just for the convenience, but now it’s like they WANT people to emulate them.

I don’t get how a company that’s so innovative in design is so out of touch with general convenience and the status quo of the industry.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 07:32:16 AM by the_unknown_soldier »

feedmeseymour

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2019, 10:24:24 AM »
random news about the switch-

so as of now the switch is hackable and nintendo cannot change that with a patch, they need a hardware upgrade so they are coming out with two versions of the switch this year, probably by summer.

the switch handheld (pretty much just doesnt come with a dock and maybe joycon arent detachable)

and the switch XL, same shit just a bigger screen.

funny nintendo is trying so hard to cover up this problem. not that long ago gamestop was offering 190 bucks for a switch trade in and they NEVER give that much money. the rumor i heard is that nintendo was paying gamestop the difference / buying back the old switch consoles.

puff daddy

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2019, 12:18:43 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7YG0YevaLk

super nintendo games on switch is imminent if i can play yoshis island on my switch then the online has redeemed itself for me

puff daddy

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2019, 12:22:43 AM »
also i dont really believe any of these nintendo switch 2.0 rumors cause nintendo has hardly ever iterated on their home consoles its mainly been their handhelds. i know the switch is technically a hybrid but theyve been pretty adamant that the switch is a home console. i guess we'll have to wait and see tho

feedmeseymour

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2019, 04:13:10 AM »
It will happen eventually. If I had super ghouls and ghost on switch I know I’d start speed running it again and yoshi island speed runs are awesome too.

eight two fives

• Rep: -26
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2019, 09:41:23 AM »
They really need to step it up and add more games/snes/n64 games. I know it was only $20 for a year, but I can't play a NES game other than Super Mario Bros for more than 10 minutes before I want to throw a controller through my TV. I played these things in the 80s and they were butt then, IDK why I thought the nostalgia would be fun now. Maybe Punch Out...

eight two fives

• Rep: -26
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2019, 09:41:47 AM »
I mean fucking Contra isn't even on there.

Jordan Wiens

• Rep: 48
  • @wardenjeans
    • portfolio avatar image
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2019, 01:08:43 PM »
i need some killer instinct in my life
youtube.com/wardenjeans
twitch.tv/wardenjeans

feedmeseymour

« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2019, 05:18:16 AM »
looks like nintendo is working with microsoft to make xbox live available on the nintendo switch, i think this is going to be an additional cost/premium online service. this video explains it decently.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLjgI0oKSBo&t=0s

Seadramon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2019, 02:54:13 PM »
looks like nintendo is working with microsoft to make xbox live available on the nintendo switch, i think this is going to be an additional cost/premium online service. this video explains it decently.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLjgI0oKSBo&t=0s

Made a thread about this before I saw this post.

I really hope it's not strictly an online experience and includes access to Microsoft's game library as well - even if it's just the games that are available through an Xbox live subscription.

It would be so sick if you had full access to their digital library so long as you've purchased it digitally through an Xbox Live account.

Microsoft said it's main focus with this move was to get Xbox games on more devices so I don't think it's too farfetched.

Edit: just watched the video and although I'm not usually a fan of that specific youtuber he does an excellent job of summarizing and exploring the subject.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 03:06:30 PM by Seadramon »

puff daddy

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2019, 03:37:28 PM »
https://youtu.be/fIOMsvoQxgU

tetris battle royale only for switch online members im pretty excited for this even though i know itll be laggy as fuck for a few weeks

feedmeseymour

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2019, 03:39:49 PM »
I’m hyped for that ^

The direct as a whole was pretty good although there’s a lot I don’t care about but I’m excited for mario maker 2

https://youtu.be/SCME2yPJKWk

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2019, 04:18:13 PM »
I finally broke down and bought a switch after reading the super smash ultimate thread. I bought super smash and Mario Odyssey. Can anyone recommend me a couple of good games that don't get old really quick? Also, has anyone here hacked their switch? What's the point, is it just to be able to play some NES games?

LesbianPUNCH

• Rep: 25
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2019, 10:43:33 AM »
I finally broke down and bought a switch after reading the super smash ultimate thread. I bought super smash and Mario Odyssey. Can anyone recommend me a couple of good games that don't get old really quick? Also, has anyone here hacked their switch? What's the point, is it just to be able to play some NES games?

If you don't own Zelda breath of the wild, you're fucking up.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2019, 11:13:39 AM »
I’m hyped for that ^

The direct as a whole was pretty good although there’s a lot I don’t care about but I’m excited for mario maker 2

Mario Maker ended up being my favorite thing about the Wii-U, so I’m really excited to see a follow up that’s not just a port. Also excited for the Link’s Awakening remake. Zelda is my favorite game franchise, but I missed this one as a kid.

And on the subject of Zelda, if you own a Switch, you simply must get Breath Of The Wild. Playing for the first time truly enamored me in a way I haven’t felt since I was a kid. I genuinely feel like it’s one of gaming’s finest triumphs in a very, very long time.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2019, 12:53:35 PM »
Expand Quote
I’m hyped for that ^

[close]

Mario Maker ended up being my favorite thing about the Wii-U, so I’m really excited to see a follow up that’s not just a port. Also excited for the Link’s Awakening remake. Zelda is my favorite game franchise, but I missed this one as a kid.

And on the subject of Zelda, if you own a Switch, you simply must get Breath Of The Wild. Playing for the first time truly enamored me in a way I haven’t felt since I was a kid. I genuinely feel like it’s one of gaming’s finest triumphs in a very, very long time.

i spent about 80 hours on zelda breath of the wild when it first dropped, its just simply amazing, and the DLC for it was actually good, it isnt easy to finish ill put it that way.

also that tetris 99 game is sooo good, im a big tetris/puyo puyo guy and played for a while last night with no noticeable lag.

i think im going to download final fantasy 9 tonight and call out of work tomorrow.