Author Topic: Worst skate video ever  (Read 19518 times)

fs overkrook

Re: Worst skate video ever
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2018, 07:45:33 PM »
To me it's Flip Extremely sorry... Maybe my hopes we're just too high being a kid who grew up on sorry/really sorry ?
Yeah they blew it with the animation and that one dude who did the soundtrack for the video. It’s really fucking sad how bad that video came out with sorry/really sorry being so legit. I grew up on those videos too. I got the flipside dvd with money from my first job in 6th grade

Googan Christmas

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 25
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2018, 07:59:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Any natural koncept video
[close]

If I was going to vote on videos I've never seen simply based on terrible magazine ads circa 2000; I'd go with Natural Koncept, Arcade Skateboards' "The Trip", and Laban Foetus' marriage of skateboarding and juggling, "Caught Clean".

Natural koncept vids are far from worst, but holy shit I forgot about “caught clean”. I can’t imagine there is a worse skate vid, though it’s prolly one of the best juggling videos.

Zumiez And Xanax

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2018, 08:05:05 PM »
fully flared is way too fucking long/theatrical, ty evans needs to chill the fuck out

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 414
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2018, 08:09:08 PM »
Menikmati was and still is tight and Shorty's Guilty is so bad it's good.

That Blind What If video was really bad.
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

DannyDee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 247
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2018, 08:14:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expedition's "Gone Fishin" was an insult to the people who were in it.
[close]

Granted the fishing shtick was really weird but I thought Kenny Hoyle skating to Nirvana was cool and unexpected.
I thought and still think that Gallant's ender is one of the heaviest tricks I've seen, and arguably the heaviest at Clipper.

midevilco

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2018, 08:21:03 PM »
Like anyone could even know that.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -137
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2018, 08:34:25 PM »
Atm click had a video I hated at the time. I should rewatch it, it's probably fuckin amazing now
Gentleman ninja warlock

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1269
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2018, 08:39:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

If I was going to vote on videos I've never seen simply based on terrible magazine ads circa 2000; I'd go with Natural Koncept, Arcade Skateboards' "The Trip", and Laban Foetus' marriage of skateboarding and juggling, "Caught Clean".
[close]

Natural koncept vids are far from worst, but holy shit I forgot about “caught clean”. I can’t imagine there is a worse skate vid, though it’s prolly one of the best juggling videos.

Just so it's clear the answer is Invisible's Caught Clean. Mid 90s skating and some timeless juggling with mostly heinous music choices. They a worse sequel that has even less skating. I have rips of them all just to make sure I always remember that they exist.

Don't forget the Sims video The 2nd Coming that was made when they were at NHS. 2 Nirvana songs in 1991 is very cool yes?
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2018, 08:47:05 PM »
Deadbolt trucks parental advisory is my guilty pleasure. The slam section is gwar’s sick of you—couldn’t find it.

Here is Aaron Deeter’s part (I am guessing he did not select his song):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FqwwrmurCFw

backinaction

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 273
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2018, 08:49:32 PM »

There's a Gullwing video from the early 90s that sucks

That’s my vote.

Da deal is dead wasn’t Nearly as good as 1281 or Useless Wooden Toys  but I still watched the shit out of it.

fs overkrook

« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2018, 08:51:02 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Shame on you
Well let’s hear what video you think is the worst so I can disagree with you, BUDDY

deathturd

• Rep: 87
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2018, 09:11:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Shame on you
[close]
Well let’s hear what video you think is the worst so I can disagree with you, BUDDY

Well, the FKD video is pretty bad but it does have some random Jerry Fowler clips.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 09:16:10 PM by deathturd »

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 265
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2018, 09:42:35 PM »
I can see why people think Slap is a bunch of retards; multiple people think Menikmati is the worst skate video of all time?

fs overkrook

« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2018, 10:07:11 PM »
I can see why people think Slap is a bunch of retards; multiple people think Menikmati is the worst skate video of all time?
Exactly. Most pros nowadays say that’s their favorite video

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2018, 10:19:14 PM »
Deadbolt trucks parental advisory is my guilty pleasure. The slam section is gwar’s sick of you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFM2Fn8-nbM
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 09:30:15 AM by Dark Knight »

Stony Hawk

• Rep: 5
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2018, 10:24:33 PM »
Curb Dogs is awful but an amazing time capsule nonetheless.
EMAIL ME YOUR DANKEST NUGS

cheetahsheets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -581
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2018, 10:45:17 PM »
To me it's Flip Extremely sorry... Maybe my hopes we're just too high being a kid who grew up on sorry/really sorry ?

Geoff’s part makes up for literally everything in that video. I fucking love Geoff’s part in the other two sorry vids, but that was genuinely one of the few parts that was completely overhyped that actually lived up to that expectation. To this day I still think Geoff’s 180 is the gnarliest trick of all time, even more then the water tower Ollie. I had the ad(it came out years earlier) from vans on my wall for the longest time(the only magazine spread I ever put on a wall), I wanted to see that footage for literally years. I remember when it dropped rowleys part gave me a mad skate boner, to feeling completely limp to the skating right after it. Also rodrigos part is fucking legendary, and boulalas part always made me smile. Like just Geoff’s part alone makes this video not even close to that category, but those other two parts definitely put it out of contention for this thread.

Big Cat Clan ain’t nothin to fuck with

“Big Money
Big Cars
We living like Superstars”
TK 3:16

HangtenNoseblunt

• Rep: -189
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2018, 10:53:28 PM »
a mad skate boner?
Thank goodness we have HangtenNoseblunt in here as the voice of reason.

AssaultCityKookcore

• Rep: 0
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2018, 10:54:35 PM »
-DGK’s “Parental Advisory” is pretty unbearable with the way they blew out the 4:3 VX footage to 16:9. Also kid diddlers aren’t really my cup of tea, no matter how good their switch is.

-Flip’s “Extremely Sorry” is so disappointing. Great skating but the soundtrack kills it for me (except for Lemmy’s cover of ‘Stand By Me,’ that shit was cool).

-Adidas’ “Away Days” simply for the fact that every frame is footage is a different shade of grey.

-Transworld’s “i.e” is an awkward, forgettable video in between the solid trilogies of Feedback, The Reason, and Modus and Sight Unseen, In Bloom, and Free Your Mind.

-Any full length Thrasher video pre-2000s is pretty damn awful. People just threw away footage and put it to the most forgettable songs from the Fat Wreck Chords catalogue

-Ty Evans’ “We Are Blood” and “Flat Earth” for being such overblown productions. To quote my dood Jeff Goldblum, “Your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn’t stop to think if they should.”

(ALSO, Skate More is a great video, fake Berra spots and all!)

« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 10:58:06 PM by AssaultCityKookcore »

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 650
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2018, 11:10:59 PM »

I may get some hate from SF locals, but the absolute worst video I ever bought was Graveyard Shift.

I can't even think of anything that compares to this video. I usually love local stuff, but it was just terrible.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

ralf_

• Rep: -32
  • yo
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2018, 11:18:14 PM »

-Adidas’ “Away Days” simply for the fact that every frame is footage is a different shade of grey.

lol
fun fun fun

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2018, 05:32:30 AM »

Skate More was fucking good too.
Menikimati: Koston, Arto, Rodrigo, Rick M.

DM

• Rep: 25
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2018, 05:54:05 AM »

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2018, 06:02:53 AM »
Skate More was an insult to the people who were in it.*

It felt like the parts were edited by all different people with different project ideas and i'm guessing the monty python segways were enjoyable for that huge range of skateboarders who are notorious for loving monty python?

*What I wouldn't give to see a new shared Busenitz/Zered part set to Sabbath, that part was a super exception.
Well I liked skate more, daewon part, dill part I liked, fuckin Chico.)
Deadbolt trucks parental advisory is my guilty pleasure. The slam section is gwar’s sick of you—couldn’t find it.

Here is Aaron Deeter’s part (I am guessing he did not select his song):

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FqwwrmurCFw

Some good sit in this clip.  Question; was the vert skater 'aaron deeter' on zorlac in the late 80s a different person?  He invented Ollie blunts to fakie as I remember.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -222
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2018, 06:16:11 AM »
not the worst, but Mystery 'Black & White' was a huge letdown after how great the Mystery promo was in New Blood

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2018, 06:17:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Geoff’s part makes up for literally everything in that video. I fucking love Geoff’s part in the other two sorry vids, but that was genuinely one of the few parts that was completely overhyped that actually lived up to that expectation. To this day I still think Geoff’s 180 is the gnarliest trick of all time, even more then the water tower Ollie. I had the ad(it came out years earlier) from vans on my wall for the longest time(the only magazine spread I ever put on a wall), I wanted to see that footage for literally years. I remember when it dropped rowleys part gave me a mad skate boner, to feeling completely limp to the skating right after it. Also rodrigos part is fucking legendary, and boulalas part always made me smile. Like just Geoff’s part alone makes this video not even close to that category, but those other two parts definitely put it out of contention for this thread.
[close]

Geoff and Apples parts are the only parts I like in that video. The only thing that disappointed me about Geoff’s part was the 360 into the ditch. I thought the footage was underwhelming compared to the thrasher cover. I agree about the 180 being the gnarliest trick ever and I also love his wall ride 5050 (which I believe was a cover for the skateboard mag). 

I was so pissed off that they completely fucked up luans part with that awful music.  I was really looking forward to that part because I knew he was going to be the next best thing and that was his first legit part.

Agree with everything - no other video comes as close to being shit as Extremely Sorry, and it is because it should (!) have been a great video, where they just fucked up massively! Cross' farewell part was fucked up with all shits of lightning stunts, and the music sounded like b-takes from greater songs (except Lemmy), and why the fuck should Geoff run around with a cougar? Everything also looked over saturated... fuck that video! It had an amazing team and the skating was actually good (have returned to some single parts in the years later on) - and I fucking loved the sorry era!

I am furious thinking about that movie right now!

specialvegucation

• Rep: 0
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2018, 06:21:26 AM »
Just finished watching Ty Evan Flat earth and all that I can say is that it is the worst skate movie i ever watched, bad music, bad editing, bad filming and chase the rapist webb

I need more details about this Chase Webb rape story.  Was this published anywhere and I missed it?

Allez_Jambon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2018, 06:32:51 AM »
Element elementality is up there. Bam mike v little kid footage multiole dreadlocka awful soundtrack tour footage probably. And the sound synched up to the beat but not the skating.

Nike nothing but the truth? I think it’s the name. The stupid nonsensical skits make the video twice as long. I only remember Dan Murphy skated to ray Charles and Reese skated to Johnny cash.

There was a red dragons video I got bummed when they killed a shark.

Jollyoli

• Rep: 91
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2018, 06:36:46 AM »
Attack.

Beat me to this one, was sold to me as the new Powell vid.
It was not.
If you are unfamiliar please watch and see how far you can get.
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

coupedepill

• Rep: 21
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2018, 06:39:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Geoff and Apples parts are the only parts I like in that video. The only thing that disappointed me about Geoff’s part was the 360 into the ditch. I thought the footage was underwhelming compared to the thrasher cover. I agree about the 180 being the gnarliest trick ever and I also love his wall ride 5050 (which I believe was a cover for the skateboard mag). 

I was so pissed off that they completely fucked up luans part with that awful music.  I was really looking forward to that part because I knew he was going to be the next best thing and that was his first legit part.
[close]

Agree with everything - no other video comes as close to being shit as Extremely Sorry, and it is because it should (!) have been a great video, where they just fucked up massively! Cross' farewell part was fucked up with all shits of lightning stunts, and the music sounded like b-takes from greater songs (except Lemmy), and why the fuck should Geoff run around with a cougar? Everything also looked over saturated... fuck that video! It had an amazing team and the skating was actually good (have returned to some single parts in the years later on) - and I fucking loved the sorry era!

I am furious thinking about that movie right now!

Yup, extremely sorry was not a great video. I totally agree with being let down on the Rowley 360 into the bank. I feel like the photo angle my have been exaggerated to up the gnar. The only part I rewatch in that video is Lance's and I'm not even that old.