Author Topic: Justin Henry rough cut  (Read 2962 times)

disintegration

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -114
Justin Henry rough cut
« on: September 21, 2018, 09:42:22 AM »

bluntfullofmid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 0
Re: Justin Henry rough cut
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 10:12:34 AM »
i'm trying to figure out why they didn't use close to 50% of these clips. it kinda supports my thoughts that this was a somewhat poorly put together video. Instead of using some of this footage they put in clips that were filmed poorly. The fact that they used three different filmers (Will the Bust Crew/Venue filmer, Paul Young who made Bleach & Nevermind and then Chad Bowers) and they all edited it together threw me off. Why not just let one guy film it and let it be his vision?
"yall act like abusin' women is so bad."
- Crailtap

shit_for_brains

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 10:20:53 AM »
i'm trying to figure out why they didn't use close to 50% of these clips. it kinda supports my thoughts that this was a somewhat poorly put together video. Instead of using some of this footage they put in clips that were filmed poorly. The fact that they used three different filmers (Will the Bust Crew/Venue filmer, Paul Young who made Bleach & Nevermind and then Chad Bowers) and they all edited it together threw me off. Why not just let one guy film it and let it be his vision?

That's why videos take 7 years to come out. They don't all live in the same house and spend every waking moment together. Should he fly to VA when Gilbert thinks of a trick then go meet up with Jake Johnson wherever he is because he might have something in mind that day? Then it's up to Oregon because Bledsoe came close to something earlier this week, he'll get two hours to try it before the filmer has to get on another plane and go to like fuckin Indonesia to film Al Davis. It's not practical. I was just kidding about JJ filming though that dude had clips on fucking Alien boards.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 11:07:01 AM »
Well that was even better than the part..

I really like tall skaters with good style, it's the best

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 11:26:16 AM »
Such a cool style and great trick selection. I was really hoping to see multiple tries on that wallie to noseblunt, but oh well.

Irvine-Sucks.com

metsuri

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 01:04:16 PM »
Such a cool style and great trick selection. I was really hoping to see multiple tries on that wallie to noseblunt, but oh well.

Exactly. They should definitely show some of the tries in these. A second angle and mild celebration? Thank you very much. This whole thing was basically just second angles, a couple of slams and a few clips that weren't used in the part.

At least the wallie to fs wallride showed some of the process, that's what we want to see more of!

thebacker

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2018, 01:44:05 PM »
he skates so well in person

snowman600

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 728
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2018, 02:22:28 PM »
finally got that second angle on the wallie to noseblunt gawddamn!
I think his greatest gift is selection. no bad fits, no bad tricks, famous spots still feel fresh, in that respect he's like the black cromer or something. hope they turn him pro soon

Little Debbie

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2018, 03:18:09 PM »
video seem choppy to anyone else? like maybe a framerate or bitrate issue?

hmmmokay

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2018, 03:32:49 PM »

MASTiF

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2018, 03:49:47 PM »
God damn.  This dude crushed it

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2018, 04:50:15 PM »
i back it. Lots of unused footage.

DMH

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2018, 05:16:56 PM »
Man....I'm frankly kind of turned off to his skating because of that interaction with the old dude. They've really gotta show the context or not use that at all. Obviously his skating is great (that line at 3rd and Army is so good), but he just looks like a huge dick in that video.

That said, what's the model of Vans he's wearing all the time with the V on the side that kind of look like Tretorns? they're sick.

Patey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2018, 07:13:44 PM »
video seem choppy to anyone else? like maybe a framerate or bitrate issue?

yeah it was like 10fps for me as well

coreaf

• Rep: 23
  • sick
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2018, 07:19:09 PM »
favorite sk8r out right now

Steve Kelly

• Rep: -227
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2018, 07:35:54 PM »
Fuck those scum cries are annoying.

Coolhats

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2018, 07:36:06 PM »
Man....I'm frankly kind of turned off to his skating because of that interaction with the old dude. They've really gotta show the context or not use that at all. Obviously his skating is great (that line at 3rd and Army is so good), but he just looks like a huge dick in that video.

That said, what's the model of Vans he's wearing all the time with the V on the side that kind of look like Tretorns? they're sick.

I think they’re called the Vans Epoch Sport. Quasi had two colorways come out as a quick strike kind of deal, but I think vans is starting to release them in regular colorways. I loved the pair I had though, would definitely recommend.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2018, 09:03:14 AM »

I was really confused by this when the video first came. It seems like the dude he's yelling at is somewhat understanding of his frustration, which makes it seems like he did something over the line. But I agree they should somehow show what lead up to it, because it just makes Justin seems like a dick in the situation when all other clips make him seem so mellow.

Irvine-Sucks.com

full of jerks

• Rep: -33
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2018, 11:48:44 AM »
On insta he said he has a bundt ? interview coming out that tells the whole story. 

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2018, 12:20:09 PM »
On insta he said he has a bundt ? interview coming out that tells the whole story.

Maybe it’s in his insta story but he said something in the vein of the old guy was trying to take a picture of their license plates and Justin was blocking them, then the old man threw him to the ground to get the picture which sparked it off.   Justin did not come across as proud of it and always comes across as a real nice genuine guy

Switch_fsflip_noseslide

• Rep: -27
  • Nobody steals from Creed Bratton
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2018, 04:25:33 PM »
So big and strong. Damn the power, but graceful and finesse
"Giovanni Reda sleeps with the fishes"

nino brown

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1416
  • only nerds kook people
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2018, 08:20:44 AM »
finally got that second angle on the wallie to noseblunt gawddamn!
I think his greatest gift is selection. no bad fits, no bad tricks, famous spots still feel fresh, in that respect he's like the black cromer or something. hope they turn him pro soon
dont ever compare anyone to brad fucking cromer.

empty tha clip

• Rep: -4
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2018, 11:02:19 PM »
pretty good video but i have to agree with what westgate said in his bunt interview

all these "rough cut" edits are just the video parts without sound (with a few tricks that were left out)

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2018, 06:36:13 PM »
Made him look like koston in this edit. - He was mad jaded angainst the old guy.  Never understand when they put shit in people's edits that makes them look so uncouth.  (Not sure how completely down he was to fight the dude,if the guy already put hands on him and threw him to the ground and he doesn't do shit, he's just yelling for show I'd say.)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 06:41:29 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2018, 06:40:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Maybe it’s in his insta story but he said something in the vein of the old guy was trying to take a picture of their license plates and Justin was blocking them, then the old man threw him to the ground to get the picture which sparked it off.   Justin did not come across as proud of it and always comes across as a real nice genuine guy

"l I think the story was (I wasn’t there) he was yelling at them for skating a house that wasn’t his and when they kept skating he tried to park his truck on the sidewalk and almost hit one of the dudes. No ones fault really I don’t think, just a heated moment and everyone was fine afterwards 🤷‍♂️" via BustCrew

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

IHOP

« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2018, 07:00:50 PM »
Justin himself posted yesterday that the guy was trying to take photos of their plates so justin got in front of the license plate and the guy pushed him onto the ground, then the footage is after that.

He sounded sorry and said to respect your elders but to stand your ground when someone lays their hands on you.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 374
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2018, 11:34:49 AM »
I second all the comments wishing they'd show more of the process. Definitely wanted to get an idea of how long that wallie noseblunt took him

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

A.A

• Rep: -52
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2018, 04:02:41 PM »
This was way better than his actual part. One of my favourite skaters atm. Dude is a nice person in real life.

I hope all the team have these rough (just more good footy that was weirdly cut out) cuts.
Twin Perks