Author Topic: Jason Ellis homophobed out of skateboarding  (Read 25206 times)

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Jason Ellis homophobed out of skateboarding
« on: September 21, 2018, 11:23:52 AM »
Ellis tronics pod cast with Colin Mckay.It’s interesting to hear Jason Ellis talk about being fired from XYZ because he had done sexual things with another man and he was basically forced to retire from the skateboard industry.  He mentioned that Tas Who is going around telling everybody that he was gay and he also said that Tas was going to pay somebody to shoot him in the knee caps. Starts around the 12:30 mark.

https://m.soundcloud.com/ellistronics/colin-mckay
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 11:36:33 AM by Disco234 »
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 695
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Jason Ellis homophobed out of skateboarding
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2018, 11:25:08 AM »
This isn’t where I was expecting this thread to go based off of the title.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

chilllyboy

• Rep: -10
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 01:07:01 PM »
InB4 pic of George Takei tickling Jason's fancy

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 01:10:28 PM »
Totally forgot about this guy. Had to look him up on wiki. Found this:

"On 15 October 2016, Ellis participated in a boxing exhibition match against former UFC champion Shane Carwin at EllisMania 13. Per the unique rules, Carwin literally had one of his arms duct-taped to his body to box Ellis. Ellis lost the bout via knockout in the second round."

sms_b

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 01:12:49 PM »
See this is the thing that gets me about all this 90s nostalgia bullshit that's ongoing. The 90s fucking sucked and skateboarders were in general homophobic pieces of shit who for the most part acted like low-brow jocks with a Napoleon complex. At least where I was from, you were a fucking kook for thinking homosexuality was okay. I remain to this day one happy kook cause I'll never get the hate and think on a personal level that if you don't like homosexuality it probably means that you're in the closet. Or it just means you are a piece of shit.

cloudy

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 01:33:40 PM »
14:12 - "i got fired, dude, from a company for it. xyz. like straight up. they called me and were like, 'fuck you. you're fired, like, you fucking bitch.' those dudes hated me."

never really knew much about xyz, but i guess i'm not shocked to hear jason say that based on the little bit of history i've gathered from skately:

XYZ was founded by Danny Way and Tommy Caudill in the early 1990's as a skate shop and mailorder based out of Carlsbad, CA. Then in the later 1990s, introduced XYZ Clothing as a full apparel and accessory brand. XYZ Clothing team riders included Danny Way, Pat Channita, Pat Duffy, Peter Hewitt, Jason Ellis, Justin Bokma, Ben & Tas Pappas, Chet Thomas, Brian Emmers and a young Trainwreck amongst others. XYZ Clothing eventually called it quits around the year 2000 due to lack of sales.

http://skately.com/library/brands/xyz-clothing

15:32 - "i got, like, homophobed out of skateboarding, kind of."

in looking at his wiki page, though, (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Ellis_(radio_host) - never knew about all his mma stuff), it does seem that jason was still pretty involved in the skateboarding world post when this xyz firing must have occurred. lots of hosting gigs for mainstream stuff, like x games, tony hawk's gigantic skatepark tour, op king of skate. the same can't be said for tim von werne, who, in 1998, had his skateboarder magazine interview pulled by birdhouse when they learned he planned to talk about being gay in it. i don't think he was ever really heard from much after that.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 01:53:27 PM by cloudy »

TITANIUM NIPPLES

• Rep: -5
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2018, 01:34:12 PM »
See this is the thing that gets me about all this 90s nostalgia bullshit that's ongoing. The 90s fucking sucked and skateboarders were in general homophobic pieces of shit who for the most part acted like low-brow jocks with a Napoleon complex. At least where I was from, you were a fucking kook for thinking homosexuality was okay. I remain to this day one happy kook cause I'll never get the hate and think on a personal level that if you don't like homosexuality it probably means that you're in the closet. Or it just means you are a piece of shit.

Could not agree more.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2018, 01:37:09 PM »

So are we ready to confirm that Jonah Hill is a homophobe?

Alois Hitler Jr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -389
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
  • User is banned from postingMuted
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2018, 01:50:53 PM »
can't wait for 10 years to pass so I can open thread like this about Jessee.
9/11 was a national tragedy

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2018, 01:58:50 PM »

I'm glad we've grown up. I think it is really cool that we've become way more open and I'd argue we are a lot further along than other "sports." We aren't perfect, but fuck, we are a lot better than the average NFL fan or player.

It is a bummer it took so long for Forrest, BA and others to come out, but at least they can finally come out and the road for younger gay dudes is a bit easier. It is awesome that KingShit was giving Hillary Thompson some coverage in 2011. And, I was stoked as fuck to see Nora rip with the dudes at DGC last weekend.  It's cool we can have the ladies be part of the show without having to strip down to bikinis and just cheer from the sidelines.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

John Kreese

• Rep: -22
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2018, 02:02:37 PM »
Not surprising but, he was already on his way out. He piled out pretty hard towards the end of his "career". A vert Pro on Powell was not a crowning achievement in the late 90s.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2018, 02:10:06 PM »
It's not really surprising that Tas Pappas was/still is a raging piece of shit
fuck you bama

corto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • Chewy, Worrest, Trahan, Tuna, Hjalte, TJ
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2018, 02:14:27 PM »
But wait wasn't it he who had sex with sheckler's mom?

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2018, 02:14:44 PM »

what an idiotic, over-generalization. For most skateboarders in the 90s there was a sad division between social belonging or being true to yourself, and that meant being ostracized and picked on at worst, or being ignored at best. Skateboarding's never been perfect, but its sympathies in the 90's were distinctly aligned with the outsider, the weirdo, and the fag- If you never got called a skater-fag in the nineties, you were probably never there. In the nineties I said the word "gay" a lot, everything was gaygaygay, and I still hung out with lots of gay people and went out to gay bars too because they had better music and less people who wanted to beat me up, and girls there tended to be more open minded.
What did you do in the nineties? were you telling skaters they were homophobic pieces of shit like you are now, or did you keep most your thoughts up in your head like we all do?

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2018, 02:47:33 PM »
But wait wasn't it he who had sex with sheckler's mom?
lol

bo bice

• Rep: 76
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2018, 02:49:45 PM »
I will forever remember Jason Ellis for holding and biting a still-beating heart that was just ripped from the shark in that one Red Dragons video and then seeing his ass in a PETA commercial like 5 years later

thebacker

« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2018, 02:51:11 PM »
It's not really surprising that Tas Pappas was/still is a raging piece of shit

hurrr durr lemmie try to smuggle cocaine on a plane hurrrrr durrrrrrrr

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2018, 02:57:27 PM »
Sings: "Me and Huffy, in a Ferrari...."

Didn't Ellis talk about being molested on the Howard Stern show or something similar?

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2018, 03:10:17 PM »
Sings: "Me and Huffy, in a Ferrari...."

Didn't Ellis talk about being molested on the Howard Stern show or something similar?
god! turn out the loights god. thank you.
yeah, that or he wrote about it in his book i think. his dad made him do stuff so w/ that in mind, he's actually well adjusted and good to see him succeed.

Switch_fsflip_noseslide

• Rep: -27
  • Nobody steals from Creed Bratton
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2018, 03:29:50 PM »
XYZ Clothing team riders included Danny Way, Pat Channita, Pat Duffy, Peter Hewitt, Jason Ellis, Justin Bokma, Ben & Tas Pappas, Chet Thomas, Brian Emmers and a young Trainwreck amongst others. XYZ Clothing eventually called it quits around the year 2000 due to lack of sales

Damn it would suck to be in that van. Heard bad shit about these guys. They musta got to Pat channita some how. Where were the wray Bros to help him out with clothes so he didn't have to be on that crazy, white as shit team......Ryan gee must have been the photographer. He follows some right wing crazys on the gram
"Giovanni Reda sleeps with the fishes"

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2018, 03:43:50 PM »
Expand Quote
XYZ Clothing team riders included Danny Way, Pat Channita, Pat Duffy, Peter Hewitt, Jason Ellis, Justin Bokma, Ben & Tas Pappas, Chet Thomas, Brian Emmers and a young Trainwreck amongst others. XYZ Clothing eventually called it quits around the year 2000 due to lack of sales
[close]

Damn it would suck to be in that van. Heard bad shit about these guys. They musta got to Pat channita some how. Where were the wray Bros to help him out with clothes so he didn't have to be on that crazy, white as shit team......Ryan gee must have been the photographer. He follows some right wing crazys on the gram

I think Jeremy was on Plan B with Channita and Jonas was on Platinum around that time frame. Honestly im a bit surprised they werent also on the team.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2018, 04:56:21 PM »
so many of skateboarding's "heroes" are pieces of shit. not just the guys already mentioned. many have been able to keep things under wraps.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2018, 05:10:07 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Don't forget Mcrank......

I sniff Jim Gagne's butthole all the time

• Rep: -156
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2018, 05:19:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Don't forget Mcrank......
the wray brothers, alphonso rawls, bill weiss, jason maxwell, caine gayle. they had a squad!

Cherb

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2018, 05:20:55 PM »
I will forever remember Jason Ellis solely for his role in Haggard.

http://youtu.be/NkosyS9oVfQ

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 119
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2018, 05:27:53 PM »
Def remember XYZ Platinum having a board with a gay flag with bullet holes in it, around the same time was when Danny Way spouted off tons of homophobia, there was the big brother interview where Carney was baiting him asking if his son turned out to be gay, he said something weird about a neighborhood and I later found out that was the gay neighborhood in San Diego and on and on. At that time that whole crew of dudes were the frat boys of skating, strippers, cocaine, full so cal bro lifestyle so of course they hated gay shit.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1204
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2018, 05:45:22 PM »
XYZ still exists in some capacity and according to their IG is ran by Danny Way and Steve-O. Check out their IG, it's really weird, it seems sort of...out of place. Like it's stuck in 2004 right as the Jackass frenzy started to fade and everyone was ripping it off trying to ride the wake of it.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

cloudy

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2018, 06:11:41 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm glad we've grown up. I think it is really cool that we've become way more open and I'd argue we are a lot further along than other "sports." We aren't perfect, but fuck, we are a lot better than the average NFL fan or player.

It is a bummer it took so long for Forrest, BA and others to come out, but at least they can finally come out and the road for younger gay dudes is a bit easier. It is awesome that KingShit was giving Hillary Thompson some coverage in 2011. And, I was stoked as fuck to see Nora rip with the dudes at DGC last weekend.  It's cool we can have the ladies be part of the show without having to strip down to bikinis and just cheer from the sidelines.

funnily enough, xyz has an entire instagram account dedicated to women stripping down to their bikinis and cheering from the sidelines (and occasionally skating).

@xyzbabes - "The ultimate collection of babes repping the ultimate lifestyle brand @xyzclothing"

https://www.instagram.com/xyzbabes/?hl=en

XYZ still exists in some capacity and according to their IG is ran by Danny Way and Steve-O. Check out their IG, it's really weird, it seems sort of...out of place. Like it's stuck in 2004 right as the Jackass frenzy started to fade and everyone was ripping it off trying to ride the wake of it.

dude, you're not kidding. their content is rough. brand seems poised for a two felons collab.

https://www.instagram.com/xyzclothing/?hl=en

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 555
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2018, 06:16:06 PM »

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2018, 06:22:28 PM »
XYZ star and stripes or some shit worst video ever
I was really into anything to do with world dc droors etc
I was into them when platinum started and they had henry Sanchez

As a child that started skateboarding in late 80’s Danny way and co
We’re allways looked up to by me but there was always something
About those dudes didn’t sit right. I thinking that after hearing a few stories
And something about that shotgun/Porsche board allways irked me.

It somewhat becomes more clear.