Author Topic: songs made for skate videos  (Read 272 times)

bob george

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
songs made for skate videos
« on: August 21, 2023, 12:21:55 AM »
I'm interested in the discussion of songs made for videos and trivia like the end of heath skating to the moody blues being a custom ending to an existing song. or even the extreme editing of some existing songs for videos (taking out intros, verses, whatever etc etc)

but i also have a more particular song made for a video enquiry that the whole thread doesn't have to be about; it's just this one that bugs me personally. this little n.i.b cover in the 917/Nike video is so cool and obviously the riff gets stuck in your head. i would love to hear it without skating over it but it seems made for the video.

Is there potentially some ai method of maybe removing the skating sounds from a song in this situation?

« Last Edit: August 21, 2023, 12:40:59 AM by bob george »
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

Weededed

• Rep: 209
  • I never needed it..
Re: songs made for skate videos
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2023, 12:30:38 AM »

lurkluke

• Rep: 175
Re: songs made for skate videos
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2023, 05:06:10 AM »
Lots of Griggson's vids use one guy to do the music. The Clay Kreiner part had a rad song

Worble is an obvious one. Cobra Man exist because they needed rights free music.

Also the Shake Junt vid was done super well. The way thy treated the skater intros like a DJ would was a nice touch (people start appearing in the background a few clips before their part starts).