Author Topic: How do I make my trucks as loose as possible with out kingpin nut falling off?  (Read 5762 times)

Ziad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
I've read about the using glue to hold the nut thing, never tried it but it sounds like bullshit, and I also tried changing my bushing to soft bones bushings on my ventures but it wasn't enough. Any other tips? should I try to find a pair of trucks with a higher kingpin?

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
replace top bushing with washers

Ziad

• SLAP Pal
I've seen Deawon Song do this, but I think it's too much like the deck would touch the wheels if I do and I ride risers  ;D

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
Sand down the top bushing or get trucks that turn better like Aces.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
I do a drop of superglue on the nut and then tighten it down till it's just touching the nylock. works just fine.

Ziad

• SLAP Pal
oh good to know, guess i'll try that... thanks everyone!

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
What you’re thinking of I think is called locktite, I’ve not tried it but my nut keeps catching and coming loose whilst out skating

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
I do a drop of superglue on the nut and then tighten it down till it's just touching the nylock. works just fine.
Didn’t help for me when I was riding low indys and tried to get em as loose as possible, it worked fine until I did first smith/feeblegrind...
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Diocletian

Flip your kingpin nut. Hard to get it on at first because there’s no threading in the nylon part of the locknut, but once you get it, it won’t be falling off. Or just get a top bushing that’s meant for a low truck and it will be shorter, so you can tighten the nut plenty while still achieving looseness.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
Flip your kingpin nut.

Seeing as my trucks are close to done, I tried this, lotsa wiggle in the front truck, but the nut isn’t budging no matter how long I hold the grind

finecojeffe

• Rep: 126
    • Fine-Co avatar image
sand bushing. Use loctite blue, not superglue.

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
I took the bottom washer off from my Ventures with Indy super soft bushings as per hangontoyourego's suggestion in the Set-up Thread. Made the trucks awesomely sketchy loose. Just cruised to the grocery store quickly but I'll be testing it out better soon.

Nice set up , ever take the bottom washer off maybe that would help with Turning . I like how loose it make it the trucks .

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
Expand Quote
[close]
Didn’t help for me when I was riding low indys and tried to get em as loose as possible, it worked fine until I did first smith/feeblegrind...

Should have mentioned i skate venture hi exclusively, can't speak for other setups, but on mine i do the drop and then it's on and doesn't move. Im sure locktite would work well as someon mentioned, but superglue is quick cheap and works for me.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 12:09:20 PM by botefdunn »

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
Buy Ace trucks

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
Weld that shit if you're committed enough

calvinsdream

I've seen Deawon Song do this, but I think it's too much like the deck would touch the wheels if I do and I ride risers  ;D

If you're worried about wheel bite don't loosen your trucks so much?

Dustwardprez

Funny I was talking about this earlier today. Put the lock nut on backwards and grind it down

woodinbrine

• Rep: 13
  • ᛐᛅᚢᛐᛁᚾ ᛙᛁᚴ ᚠᚱᛁᛅ
Maybe do like a double cone with an extra pair of top bushings instead of the regular bottom ones
« Last Edit: September 29, 2018, 08:33:49 PM by woodinbrine »

jtrpma

• Rep: 45
  • PMA
i used to ride hard tensor low bushings in my indies and kept a little wobble on the king pin.
you'll have a little wobble first and when you carve or land sketchy the bushings still keep you from certain death.

PMA

troy

• Rep: -2
remove both washers, sand down bushings on griptape or sandpaper or grinder or use two top bushings or some low bushing set. I think matt rodriguez was saying he would boil his bushings and then cut em in half with a razor blade.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
remove both washers, sand down bushings on griptape or sandpaper or grinder or use two top bushings or some low bushing set. I think matt rodriguez was saying he would boil his bushings and then cut em in half with a razor blade.
I know back in the day people use to boil their bushings, anyone know where this came from and why people started doing this on first place?
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

nosneb

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 78
I ride all my trucks super loose with no pre load on my bushings. I ride with stock bushings and hardware to keep the geometry. I sand the bottom part of the top bushing down half the size so I can ride my bolt perfect flush or 1 thread past the nylon. You can sand the top bushing as much or as little to tune in your trucks.

FS-OverKOOK

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
Expand Quote
[close]
I know back in the day people use to boil their bushings, anyone know where this came from and why people started doing this on first place?
I would think to soften

96112605.skate.or.die

• Rep: -2
Try getting Ace trucks.