Author Topic: Does it help learning bs 360s off a ledge or curb instead of on flat?  (Read 2538 times)

Ziad

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -103
    • bouklao.com avatar image
I've been trying to learn bs 360s for a long time now tried everything can't get a full rotation on flat, off stairs the board goes 360 shuv and I spin 360 away from the board everytime...
 I landed it like a couple of times on flat only when the griptape was brand new after a day of skating in a dusty spot never sticked to my feet again, is that even a thing? must have super grippy griptape?

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Does it help learning bs 360s off a ledge or curb instead of on flat?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 04:53:30 PM »
  I think flat is good or out of a jump thing.
    But I think the best (or maybe the easiest )way to do that trick is to mellow out, keep your back foot and toes extended downward after you pop, and kind of turn your head the direction you want to end up. But I do them with one foot on and land at around 310 degrees (if I can manage) and turn the rest so maybe that's not what you're looking for. I don't like doing that trick although they can be super fun.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 04:57:04 PM by givecigstosurfgroms »
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

corto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -115
  • Chewy, Worrest, Trahan, Tuna, Hjalte, TJ
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 04:34:02 AM »
For me the secret was to think of my body as divided into to to parts: waist up and waist down. Waist up does nothing but load up for the sideways rotation, don't let yourself crouch at all. Waist down does nothing but the spring and pop needed.

First learn to do bs 360 kickturns really easy. This way you'll learn how to wind up your upper body and look over your back shoulder as you spin. Also you'll learn how to manual on your back foot and spin at the same time. When you really have this down do the same but after having turned 90 degrees do a tiny little pop from your back foot. The pop is all in the back foot. When you have this down just do a bigger and bigger pop until you get the full rotation.

Dustwardprez

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 07:31:36 PM »
Here’s the secret I was taught by this dude Frankie who had some crazy calf muscles. We called him popeye but not to his face. To back 3 you gotta find a hill. So start at the bottom. You do 2 hard pushes and try to pop a back 3. Keep doing this for days.  If you can back 3 or 270 up a hill you got it on flat for sure. I’m 240 and I can still back 3 25 yrs later

Little Debbie

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2018, 08:10:22 AM »
this is exactly what I come to SLAP for. thanks guys

kritcho

• Rep: 0
    • instagram avatar image
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2019, 03:25:30 AM »
Back three is all my all time fav trick!! It was a pain in the ass learning it but I mostly practiced flat... as you described the board often goes 360 shuv while the body randomly does a 360 to follow the motion. to get rid of that issue, what I thought of is to go for it a 100% BUT thinking that as soon as I'll land, I'll revert the remaining "degrees"... just tricking myself into leaving the board under my feet in a way. Other I did is practicing alot the bs 180 that are fully done with the back foot. I watched alot of greco too..
As for taking it to the stairs, I practiced going parallel to the gap, curb whatever, then slowly starting facing the gap the "normal" way.
a hella fun trick!!!!!

front3

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2019, 08:02:51 AM »
Hell yeah. I'm going to give these another shot this weekend.

Olabade

• Rep: -46
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2019, 01:58:06 PM »
I first learned these off a curb but right after got them also on flat.

I think there are two ways to do them.

One is like doing bs 180 and then adding another 180. So ollie and drag your front foot and then bone it and turn the rest of the way. This is really hard but looks sick (Tom Asta would be an example).

The other technique is the wrapping kind. This is the way I learned them (well over 25 years ago) and still do them like this. Set up like you would for 360 flip. Wind up and scoop like you would for impossible so all pressure on your toes. This will turn your board slightly sideways keeping it glued to your back foot. Also when the tail hits the ground your head and shoulders should already be leading the way and be rotated significantly bs. I also concentrate dragging my front foot to keep it from coming off the board but end up getting a 360 one foot at times (I don’t mind too much though).

One of my favourites. Have fun with it.