Author Topic: Best places to visit in February/March in Europe  (Read 1289 times)

Mystical Leader

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
Best places to visit in February/March in Europe
« on: September 26, 2018, 03:47:22 AM »
Any of you have recommendations to visit this time of the year?

I have three weeks of paid vacation that time of the year and I have no idea where to go..
I'd like to be able to skate atleast a little bit but the main reason is to get away from the winter so sun and warmth would appreciated.. I was thinking of French Riviera or the likes or maybe Sicily but but I'm not sure..

Also this will be my first time traveling alone so if any tips or if you live some where near maybe we could go skate or something.. cheers

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 491
Re: Best places to visit in February/March in Europe
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2018, 04:45:31 AM »
rome, barcelona, mallorca

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2552
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2018, 04:47:00 AM »
I haven't been, but I imagine Sicily in February is pretty tight, so I that's my vote, haha
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2018, 04:58:02 AM »
Not Berlin. It is pretty much Siberia in the winter.

Malaga is great that time of year. Warm and dry and it has got some cool DIY spots and some fun street spots. Food is great too and the city is one of the more relaxed and non-touristy cities in southern Spain.

Sicily is probably great too, but I have never been there.

If I had the money I would go to the Canarian Islands. It is warm, you can surf there and the bigger Islands also have some cool skate spots. I have been to Gran Canaria and Lanzarote both islands are beautiful. Gran Canaria has better skate spots, though.

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2018, 05:57:04 AM »
Not Berlin. It is pretty much Siberia in the winter.

Malaga is great that time of year. Warm and dry and it has got some cool DIY spots and some fun street spots. Food is great too and the city is one of the more relaxed and non-touristy cities in southern Spain.

Sicily is probably great too, but I have never been there.

If I had the money I would go to the Canarian Islands. It is warm, you can surf there and the bigger Islands also have some cool skate spots. I have been to Gran Canaria and Lanzarote both islands are beautiful. Gran Canaria has better skate spots, though.

Sicily in February is still going to average something like 9 degrees C. If you want to escape winter and go to "Europe" I guess you're technically doing that if you go somewhere like Gran Canaria but that's south of Morocco next to the Western Sahara.

I'd go for Portugal and Spain if weather + ease of getting around is your priority. I think combining Albania, Greece, and Turkey might be more interesting & cheaper but probably more fall-ish weather.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2018, 08:27:58 AM »
The answer is Lisbon

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2018, 12:14:00 AM »
Thanks for the replies! Spain doesn't really interest me because I've been there many times and I want to see something new.

Balkans have my interest but I don't know about the social climate that's going on there and I feel like I might get in trouble there...

I would have figured without looking that Sicily is much warmer than it is according the internet..

Portugal might be the place tho, the women are beautiful, drugs are legal and I like the laidback attitudes...

Canary islands too could cool but I've spent my childhood christmases there so I'm not sure plus it's a bit turisty.. But looks like it might be the warmest place to go and it's pretty cheap to fly there..

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2018, 12:32:21 AM »
Thanks for the replies! Spain doesn't really interest me because I've been there many times and I want to see something new.

Balkans have my interest but I don't know about the social climate that's going on there and I feel like I might get in trouble there...

I would have figured without looking that Sicily is much warmer than it is according the internet..

Portugal might be the place tho, the women are beautiful, drugs are legal and I like the laidback attitudes...

Canary islands too could cool but I've spent my childhood christmases there so I'm not sure plus it's a bit turisty.. But looks like it might be the warmest place to go and it's pretty cheap to fly there..

What makes you think you'd get into trouble in the Balkan countries?