Author Topic: post you skating  (Read 1932731 times)

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1373
Re: post you skating
« Reply #15600 on: September 11, 2017, 09:59:58 PM »

Got some warm up tricks before I went street skating with the guys, first two are me.

Heavy crew

silhouette

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
« Reply #15601 on: September 12, 2017, 06:15:40 AM »
Bensquirts that was rad, nice pole jam as usual but i especially liked the pinch on that frontside crooked, such a sick-looking trick. you did it real proper. park looks really fun too, where is it ? just out of curiosity

Budo sw 360 flip off anything is sick, yours had a sweet flair to it.

Expand Quote
Aymeric Nocus ? THE MIGHTY MOE VIDEO

here's my new part from our local skateshop full-length. mostly stoked on it being 99.9% hometown spots and having been filmed by two really good friends ! also my ender is in there, the one that got sheckler on OJ wheels in that other thread. i hope it inspires the local kids to explore outside the skatepark and look at shit differently. my 4th part this year i'm stoked i can still kind of do this at 30, hope i can keep going forever

contents : cobblestones, cheap NBD's, hope sandoval, 3 nollie back smiths
[close]

Rad! that stepoff shv it underflip out of the manual was really clean and took me by surprise. whole thing was good.

thank you. that's my matt hensley tribute ! i've been doing that trick out of manny for over 10 years, originally learned it from the h-street videos and that-older-friend-of-mine-at-out-skatepark who used to fuck around with them (except he would do them frontside then underflip it with the front foot. i could never do that, i eventually learned them both frontside and backside, but the underflip is always with the back foot). that particular clip just kind of happened, i had just found that manny pad which was perfect for nollie front foot impossible manny variations (can't do them on anything remotely high). originally i was just trying kickflip out but i got a few of those really quickly (surprisingly enough) so i started to fuck around with variations before we left the spot and i did that. was worried it would be too tech or silly looking, stoked you liked it. thanks everyone for the feedback, part was a lot of fun to work on

Bensquirts

• Rep: 75
« Reply #15602 on: September 12, 2017, 07:47:04 AM »
Bensquirts that was rad, nice pole jam as usual but i especially liked the pinch on that frontside crooked, such a sick-looking trick. you did it real proper. park looks really fun too, where is it ? just out of curiosity

I appreciate it silhouette!

It's is our local DIY in Charlotte, NC.   If anyone is ever in the area hit me up on here and I can show you around.  

Here is a dumb little edit from today

« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 04:36:46 PM by Bensquirts »

Foray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
  • Miglios
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #15603 on: September 12, 2017, 09:53:19 PM »
^ Sick.  I'm so jealous of that spot.

I got some worthy ones today - switch BS flip and switch 360 flip off a decent sized box.

Fought with the switch 360 flip for over an hour, my feet and phone both almost died but I'm so happy I didn't quit.

this is so sick!  how old are you?  trying that over and over seems so painful

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
  • illinoying
« Reply #15604 on: September 12, 2017, 10:55:46 PM »
wanted this one for a while

Budo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
    • So What is Skateboarding? avatar image
« Reply #15605 on: September 12, 2017, 11:28:57 PM »
^God dammit, so sick!  I've been thinking about doing that trick a lot lately, now I know I gotta get SLAP doubles!
Expand Quote
^ Sick.  I'm so jealous of that spot.

I got some worthy ones today - switch BS flip and switch 360 flip off a decent sized box.

Fought with the switch 360 flip for over an hour, my feet and phone both almost died but I'm so happy I didn't quit.
[close]

this is so sick!  how old are you?  trying that over and over seems so painful

I turn thirty next month.  Yeah, it started getting painful at the time, but oh my god I was was so sore at work today it was comical and it kept making me laugh out loud.  I felt like I could barely walk up and down stairs and I was almost getting winded just standing around.

Totally worth it for those tricks though.  There is something about feeling insanely sore from skating that actually makes me happy.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2017, 11:32:02 PM by Budo »
Keep Rolling!

sowhatskateboarding.com
@OuRoot

Bensquirts

« Reply #15606 on: September 13, 2017, 07:20:51 AM »
^God dammit, so sick!?  I've been thinking about doing that trick a lot lately, now I know I gotta get SLAP doubles!
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^ Sick. ? I'm so jealous of that spot.

[close]

this is so sick! ? how old are you? ? trying that over and over seems so painful
[close]

I turn thirty next month. ? Yeah, it started getting painful at the time, but oh my god I was was so sore at work today it was comical and it kept making me laugh out loud. ? I felt like I could barely walk up and down stairs and I was almost getting winded just standing around.

Totally worth it for those tricks though. ? There is something about feeling insanely sore from skating that actually makes me happy.

You are wild Budo!  I would be toast after jumping down that more than 5 times.

QueeferMadness

• Rep: -343
  • Don't Fear The Queefer
« Reply #15607 on: September 13, 2017, 07:33:17 AM »
How do I post videos from instagram??

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #15608 on: September 13, 2017, 08:33:16 AM »
How do I post videos from instagram??
one way you would just need to go on insta in a web browser, find the clip on the profile you want to post, click on the post it pops up big, then just copy the url and put it inbetween this thing [url] [ /url] and the link should show up like normal, and from the app it self, if the account didnt disable it you can just click on the three little dots on the top right of the post and then click "copy share url" and you'll get the same results.

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #15609 on: September 14, 2017, 01:02:30 PM »
I was in a local video that a friend made. All of it was filmed in my home town. We even had a premiere for it that a few people attended. We are not that good, but we are kinda old. I have a few tricks from 2:26 on. Also I do a few warm up exercises throughout the video.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15610 on: September 14, 2017, 01:26:46 PM »
a weird one

S.

• SLAP Pal
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #15611 on: September 14, 2017, 02:51:52 PM »
a weird one

wow, this is crazy. It is slowed down and I still can't figure out what is going on. Looks cool!

NeppuNeppu

« Reply #15612 on: September 14, 2017, 10:47:10 PM »
Everyone in the thread is shredding as usual. Always stoked to see the varying approaches that normally wouldn't appear in a video.

Here's two short curb grinds and an attempt I gave up on since it started hurting the inside of my ankle more than I think it was worth.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15613 on: September 15, 2017, 01:35:07 AM »
I was in a local video that a friend made. All of it was filmed in my home town. We even had a premiere for it that a few people attended. We are not that good, but we are kinda old. I have a few tricks from 2:26 on. Also I do a few warm up exercises throughout the video.

what's your hometown called ? clips were dope. rough spots galore, i liked it.

Kumiko b/s 180 nosegrind to get up a curb is actually a cool idea, would look nice in a line

S.

• SLAP Pal
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #15614 on: September 15, 2017, 07:40:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

what's your hometown called ? clips were dope. rough spots galore, i liked it.

Kumiko b/s 180 nosegrind to get up a curb is actually a cool idea, would look nice in a line

Thanks man! My hometown is Frankfurt am Main, Germany. There are lots of good spots here, but the city is still much less known for skating than Berlin or even Cologne or Stuttgart. Only recently spots are popping up in bigger videos. 
b/s 180 nosegrind is a cool way to get up a curb or ledge!

mitchhh

• Rep: 1
« Reply #15615 on: September 15, 2017, 08:20:48 AM »

Part is great silhouette!

Got some warm up tricks before I went street skating with the guys, first two are me.

[/quote]

Front crook was butters, and the pole jam revert thing was cool!

Couple random ones of me, I'm stoked on the nollie shuv footplant but more stoked on my friends spongebob laugh during my no comply wallie

Yu Dum

« Reply #15616 on: September 15, 2017, 08:53:54 AM »
Lazy session after forcing myself to skate a rail all day.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15617 on: September 15, 2017, 11:50:49 AM »

sweet nollie hardflip. always thought those looked rad when done right (yours was), it's one of the few flip tricks i've never done in my life, got any tips to share on them ? i'm so jealous of anybody with a seemingly effortless one. looks like one of those tricks that just magically works once it's clicked and you've (finally) figured them out. i have good nollie flips and switch frontside flips, my nollie backside flips won't function too well on flat but i can do them just fine on banks. maybe having too much of a '180 kickflip' approach to them might be a problem ? just setting up for a nollie hardflip feels uncomfortable, then again maybe i'm just too lazy to leave my comfort zone and adapt my technique.

Yu Dum

« Reply #15618 on: September 15, 2017, 11:56:23 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

sweet nollie hardflip. always thought those looked rad when done right (yours was), it's one of the few flip tricks i've never done in my life, got any tips to share on them ? i'm so jealous of anybody with a seemingly effortless one. looks like one of those tricks that just magically works once it's clicked and you've (finally) figured them out. i have good nollie flips and switch frontside flips, my nollie backside flips won't function too well on flat but i can do them just fine on banks. maybe having too much of a '180 kickflip' approach to them might be a problem ? just setting up for a nollie hardflip feels uncomfortable, then again maybe i'm just too lazy to leave my comfort zone and adapt my technique.
Thanks, Aymeric. That means a lot coming from you.
The best advice I've received as far as tips for nollie hardflips is to have your foot on the nose in an almost nollie 360 flip position, but pop straight down instead of trying to scoop. Also, having a light flick on it helps prevent any sort of monstrosity of a multi-flipper. Learning them on banks is the best way to start in my opinion.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15619 on: September 15, 2017, 12:12:27 PM »
thanks a lot for the tips man, nollie 360 flip position i had sort of figured by myself already (imagining i had to pop with my big toe, facing the direction i'm going) but popping straight down i don't think i've ever tried, i've always tried to scoop. i'll try them on banks the next time i get to skate my park and hopefully will get closer thanks to your advice, cheers for taking the time.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #15620 on: September 15, 2017, 01:26:20 PM »
I had nollie hardflips when I was younger and had a more cavalier attitude towards shoving a skateboard up my ass. I'm not going anywhere near them again. I was insisting on still doing regular hardflips for a while even though I knew trauma to my genitals was imminent, so I did them as what could more accurately be described as a frontside varial flip. Then I sent them to a farm upstate where they can spend time with all my flip-in tricks.

Yu Dum

« Reply #15621 on: September 15, 2017, 05:35:32 PM »
Nothing new, but I'm hyped.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 824
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #15622 on: September 16, 2017, 12:35:54 PM »

A couple throwaways from a vid I'm working on

drcroc

« Reply #15623 on: September 16, 2017, 04:08:41 PM »
Nothing new, but I'm hyped.

That was pretty huge considering that bump wasn't that big to begin with. Nice.

Bensquirts

« Reply #15624 on: September 16, 2017, 09:22:33 PM »
Two tricks from the other day.  learned the switch no comply 360 randomly, and I never flip my board, so I was stoked.

badfomyhealth

• Rep: 7
« Reply #15625 on: September 18, 2017, 10:34:15 AM »
Skated street the other day haha
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 10:40:34 AM by badfomyhealth »

Badformyhealth is a severe alcoholic, confirmed.

AllShitty

• Rep: 0
« Reply #15626 on: September 18, 2017, 10:38:10 AM »

SickVids

• Rep: -6
« Reply #15627 on: September 20, 2017, 07:36:00 AM »
My sickest trick compilation.  Sorry no gif only youtube

Grant Patronik

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #15628 on: September 20, 2017, 05:17:28 PM »

Fucked up my ankle last week but went out Sunday to chill and ended up skating. Last trick is the first combo of its kind that I've ever done.

shitdick22

• Rep: 1
« Reply #15629 on: September 20, 2017, 08:28:13 PM »

I've only skated street since i've been at school. I need a metal ledge  :'(