Author Topic: post you skating  (Read 994928 times)

silhouette

• Rep: 33
Re: post you skating
« Reply #15870 on: October 16, 2017, 03:05:52 AM »
VHS ERA trick was dope and I for one like to see the occasional struggle on a trick even if that means arms flailing, sometimes that actually looks sick especially on really hard tricks. that being said this one definitely looks like you could easily re-do one you'd be entirely satisfied with (doesn't have to be picture perfect either - it's a thin line, but the difference really is what matters, you'll know it when you feel it). actually that's probably where your hesitation comes from, rather than other people's impressions - those only resonate with you because they highlight a certain way you already feel about your clip, having to do with insecurities keeping this clip all the while knowing you're really capable of more, or better. I'd say maybe go back and try to get a better one just in case, and if for some reason that doesn't happen well fuck it, you've done it anyway, it's happened and that's how it happened to look like. something funny to think about is how that same trick probably would have looked good anyway had it been filmed VX (or just fisheye), because it would have been dynamic. static HD angles just have the viewer expect picture perfect smoothness for some reason, sketch (good or bad) don't really work well with those, the same way having elliott smith stuck in my head for hours due to my girl's morning playlist fucked with my 360 flips on the skatepark hip the whole day yesterday...

everybody's been killing it. special mention to DaSk8D00D's rock kickflip, that was fucking wild. johnes, that's a good concept for a trick, as a kid i remember fantasizing over the idea of doing exactly what you did, just while moving and riding along the edge of the curb, and actually i have a friend in paris who does a trick that's very similar to yours ! toward the end of this, in the line with the crooked grind (not me !) :

and here's for my contribution, all wonky manuals. first spot in the first clip was tons of fun. second clip is just something random i happened to improvise on the go while that kid was filming everybody, and he caught it.

BlacklistedUK

• Rep: 38
« Reply #15871 on: October 16, 2017, 04:47:51 PM »
I had a hand in designing a local village park so, upon completion at the end of August, I decided to knock a quick part together.

Warning: Contains lots of lip tricks coz I'm old and can't be arsed to jump much anymore.

Bensquirts

• Rep: 50
« Reply #15872 on: October 16, 2017, 05:32:02 PM »
I had a hand in designing a local village park so, upon completion at the end of August, I decided to knock a quick part together.

Warning: Contains lots of lip tricks coz I'm old and can't be arsed to jump much anymore.

Man I really enjoyed that, footplant to nose was really neat.

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -127
  • im fucking uppity with this shit
« Reply #15873 on: October 16, 2017, 08:15:37 PM »
progressing on sucking less is slow and rocky

Gil

• Rep: 17
« Reply #15874 on: October 17, 2017, 11:05:51 AM »
Here's what I'm calling a new mid-length video I just released. It's just a little over 12 minutes in length. I have the 3rd part at the 5:35 mark. I kinda suck, but my friends are rad! At least check their parts out.

Going into to business with Vallely is the skateboarding equivalent of starting a land war in Asia, just don't.

silhouette

• Rep: 33
« Reply #15875 on: October 17, 2017, 02:06:01 PM »
^ that was rad. you guys have sick spots and utilize them well. first dude has an interesting take on mannys. any back story behind the darsh cam intro clip with the slap in the face ? also i like your vx work. editing was coherent too and it didn't take many iterations of that association of red backgrounds with the black typewriter-styled font to start reminding me of the cover of the 2003 rancid album (which i hadn't seen since 2003 either, till now since i just had to google it for the date).

BlacklistedUK park looks like a lot of fun in peaceful settings. nice one. also thought the atmosphere shots were well done and worked really well (random but i thought i'd point it out)

BlacklistedUK

• Rep: 38
« Reply #15876 on: October 17, 2017, 03:19:36 PM »

Man I really enjoyed that, footplant to nose was really neat.

Cheers man, gotta mix things up occasionally and that trick just one of those rare ideas that actually works!

johnes

• Rep: 24
« Reply #15877 on: October 17, 2017, 07:39:21 PM »
Wow Silhouette your friend did that totally legit, funny how it was like mine but reversed kinda.
Good stuff Ducky.
Gil the wallie on the old looking house was a really cool shot.
Wall ride manual was dope too.
I got a neat trick today
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 07:52:25 PM by johnes »

Blind Fisherman

• Rep: 63
« Reply #15878 on: October 18, 2017, 08:06:46 AM »
Some fuckaround from yesterday.

Gil

« Reply #15879 on: October 18, 2017, 09:03:56 AM »
Silhouette: Thanks man! I'm stoked that you thought of that Rancid album. Looking through punk album covers provided a lot of my inspiration for this project. And the story behind the slap isn't anything crazy. That's my wife's best friend; It was her birthday, and I told her that her gift was a free slap, and she fuckin rocked my face. You can see my wife's reaction in the background to how bad she got me. And the name "darsh" is just what we've been calling our dumb little crew since we were teenagers. It comes from the Stan Darsh episode of South Park but really doesn't have any deep significance other than nostalgia at this point. Haha.

Johnes: Thank you too! I was stoked when I found that wallie spot. Our downtown isn't too big, so it's pretty rare to find something new. The ground is absolute garbage though. Side note: That's probably the only trick in my part that I got relatively quickly. Cameras are like kryptonite for me. And that is a neat trick at a cool spot you got there! Footage or did you just snap a photo?
Going into to business with Vallely is the skateboarding equivalent of starting a land war in Asia, just don't.

coneklr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • Who is neg repping me fuckers :)
« Reply #15880 on: October 18, 2017, 01:20:15 PM »
Awesome shit as always guys!  My favorite thread by far!  Here's a still from some clips my friend shot during the hour we had to skate while he was here ... not a ton of great stuff but I did like the way this shifty looked

Heaven

johnes

• Rep: 24
« Reply #15881 on: October 18, 2017, 07:24:35 PM »
Footage or did you just snap a photo?
I got it on cam but I thought the photo looked better than the video.
Sick shifty Cone

Gil

« Reply #15882 on: October 19, 2017, 08:26:19 AM »
Hell yeah, neat clip.

And that is a sick shifty photo indeed!

coneklr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • Who is neg repping me fuckers :)
« Reply #15883 on: October 19, 2017, 08:49:27 AM »
And that is a sick shifty photo indeed!

Sick shifty Cone

Thank you guys!
Heaven

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 136
  • illinoying
« Reply #15884 on: October 19, 2017, 03:06:23 PM »
pretty surprised this went :)

Bensquirts

« Reply #15885 on: October 19, 2017, 06:12:15 PM »
That was wild Justis!

Shawn

• Rep: 2
    • www.shawncollie.com
« Reply #15886 on: October 20, 2017, 10:51:10 AM »
41 years old and putting in work...

Sincerely,

The Management

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #15887 on: October 20, 2017, 11:24:38 AM »
^ so dope!

Blind Fisherman

• Rep: 63
« Reply #15888 on: October 20, 2017, 05:03:20 PM »
Little wannabe line I pulled together the other day. I fucked up on a wallie right after the heelflip. 🙃

Adam Abbas

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 86
« Reply #15889 on: October 20, 2017, 09:21:23 PM »
This is a video grab and the bus is cooler than the trick, but whatever. I didn't hippy jump across both racks, just the first one. It was hard to thread my board through that small space.

Budo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 86
    • So What is Skateboarding?
« Reply #15890 on: October 21, 2017, 09:23:22 PM »
I may not be pro, but the brand I have been backing for around five years put my name on a board.  I can't lie, it is a dream come true.

Keep Rolling!

sowhatskateboarding.com
@OuRoot

DaSk8D00D

• Rep: -155
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #15891 on: October 21, 2017, 09:58:42 PM »
Congrats Budo the board looks great!

[email protected]

• Rep: 2
« Reply #15892 on: October 21, 2017, 10:24:10 PM »
Hi guys,

Recently start skateboarding again after 10 year pause.
I made this video, just beginner staff but at the end I have few good ones:)

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 87
« Reply #15893 on: October 21, 2017, 11:07:01 PM »

you guys are ruling. something i surprised myself with the other day.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #15894 on: October 22, 2017, 11:49:36 AM »
sick one tuna

I sniff my own butthole all the time

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 343
  • "jewel's poetry changed my life"
« Reply #15895 on: October 22, 2017, 03:11:07 PM »
spent the wkend at rusty's namesake skatepark and hung out w/ his folks. had a nice time, tried real wicked hard for this fs flip today and yesterday  i ollied stairs there w/ an ice cream cone a cop gave me.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 03:42:37 PM by I sniff my own butthole all the time »
Does it make you nostalgic?
Nah, it just really makes me miss certain times. Dgkalis

the_unknown_soldier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -112
« Reply #15896 on: October 22, 2017, 06:36:08 PM »
^^^ Park looks great!

Filmed a quick line at the park today. Might be the last really beautiful weekend we have this year, so I was in a good mood even if I didn't slide very far. :)

Bensquirts

« Reply #15897 on: October 23, 2017, 10:33:17 AM »
Tuna's trick got my hyped to try a slappy trick, so I learned slappy nosegrinds.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 136
  • illinoying
« Reply #15898 on: October 24, 2017, 01:18:13 PM »
that was so cool lookin

I sniff my own butthole all the time

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 343
  • "jewel's poetry changed my life"
« Reply #15899 on: October 24, 2017, 08:06:09 PM »
our DIY's first edit by hash slasher. i'm in mailman's pants, learned boardslide popover on that Gilliiland inspired L=ledge. then it turns into the jacob show. we're gonna do great things w/ this spot barring acts of gentrification or junkie.
Does it make you nostalgic?
Nah, it just really makes me miss certain times. Dgkalis