Author Topic: post you skating  (Read 1118947 times)

os89 and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
Re: post you skating
« Reply #5880 on: December 02, 2009, 06:51:38 AM »
Skateboarding in Turkey is actually really cool! In the bigger cities there is skateboarding. They call it 'kay kay' and there are a few amazing spots in Izmir and Istanbul. I haven't been to every major city, so I don't know about every cities skatescene, but the people in Istanbul and Izmir were amazingly helpful, friendly and cool people. I had a blast skating there. I would really like to go back to some perfect 1000 and 1 night looking skatespots in eastern Turkey to shoot photos sometime.

i couldnt find anything in kustepe, antalya, or in istanbul... granted i didnt look that hard, but nothing caught my eye.

I didn't go to Antalya, so I don't know about spots there by first hand experience, but http://www.skateboardingturkey.com/spots&parks/antalya/antalya.html shows some cool looking spots there.
Istabul is not a city full of spots, but there are a few gems. Especially around Besiktas, where the main curb spot and a cool mellow transition spot are located.
Ahlee, why did you visit Turkey, other than sunbathing and partying in Antalya?

I'm Turkish. My dad is off the boat basically..we went for 2 months a few years ago.. it was amazing. The food was sooooo goood.

Derk the Jerk

• Rep: 61
  • Formerly Derka Derk
« Reply #5881 on: December 02, 2009, 06:57:13 AM »
Skateboarding in Turkey is actually really cool! In the bigger cities there is skateboarding. They call it 'kay kay' and there are a few amazing spots in Izmir and Istanbul. I haven't been to every major city, so I don't know about every cities skatescene, but the people in Istanbul and Izmir were amazingly helpful, friendly and cool people. I had a blast skating there. I would really like to go back to some perfect 1000 and 1 night looking skatespots in eastern Turkey to shoot photos sometime.

i couldnt find anything in kustepe, antalya, or in istanbul... granted i didnt look that hard, but nothing caught my eye.

I didn't go to Antalya, so I don't know about spots there by first hand experience, but http://www.skateboardingturkey.com/spots&parks/antalya/antalya.html shows some cool looking spots there.
Istabul is not a city full of spots, but there are a few gems. Especially around Besiktas, where the main curb spot and a cool mellow transition spot are located.
Ahlee, why did you visit Turkey, other than sunbathing and partying in Antalya?

I'm Turkish. My dad is off the boat basically..we went for 2 months a few years ago.. it was amazing. The food was sooooo goood.

You're damn right about the food. Plus you can't go wrong with an Efes in a nargile solunu, or waking up at a cay evi!

PeeKay_Ripper

• Rep: 22
    • www.ayowatskraken.tumblr.com
« Reply #5882 on: December 02, 2009, 10:41:42 AM »
peekay ripper wins the demo again.

I think Ahlee won the demo with crook pop-over into the bank. The photo/footage was pretty amazing.

Nick's 50-50 photo is also pretty rad!
"Don't Hate.....Show Love" - Scott Kane

www.ayowatskraken.tumblr.com

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -45
« Reply #5883 on: December 02, 2009, 10:53:29 AM »

I think Ahlee won the demo with crook pop-over into the bank. The photo/footage was pretty amazing.

you still work for element footwear? or am i wrong?anyway, nice little montage you got!

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #5884 on: December 02, 2009, 10:57:08 AM »
that rail you're smithing looks fuckin sick

Thats a proper ass front nose as well. Nice.

Nick pulling through as my favorite slap pal.
Proper

Damn, that's sick nick, love that picture
looks pretty high, or is it because of the angle

PeeKay_Ripper

• Rep: 22
    • www.ayowatskraken.tumblr.com
« Reply #5885 on: December 02, 2009, 11:11:47 AM »

you still work for element footwear? or am i wrong?anyway, nice little montage you got!

yeppers. still workin for the "Tree"
"Don't Hate.....Show Love" - Scott Kane

www.ayowatskraken.tumblr.com

Ecchi Stamp

• Rep: 1
  • 日本
« Reply #5886 on: December 03, 2009, 08:20:15 AM »

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 683
« Reply #5887 on: December 03, 2009, 08:32:22 AM »
too much win in this thread, I gotta get healthy and skate

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5888 on: December 03, 2009, 08:46:40 AM »
just found these. i was about 15 or 16 yrs old. i know you guys are lovin that sweater.

whitemanjazz

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 417
« Reply #5889 on: December 03, 2009, 07:52:58 PM »
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

cold budweisers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 579
« Reply #5890 on: December 03, 2009, 08:03:24 PM »
ahlee, if you walked into my liquor store at 15 or 16 i would definitely sell you beer.

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5891 on: December 03, 2009, 08:48:56 PM »
you dont have a liqour store!

friction!

• Rep: 18
« Reply #5892 on: December 03, 2009, 10:03:12 PM »
just found these. i was about 15 or 16 yrs old. i know you guys are lovin that sweater.

that second picture, it was published somewhere, wasnt it?
where have i seen that before?

tuque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1
« Reply #5893 on: December 03, 2009, 10:07:49 PM »
that rail you're smithing looks fuckin sick

Thats a proper ass front nose as well. Nice.

Nick pulling through as my favorite slap pal.
Proper

Damn, that's sick nick, love that picture
looks pretty high, or is it because of the angle

keep the photos coming,  nick

wheee!

Moist

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 10
  • Deaf and Dumb
« Reply #5894 on: December 03, 2009, 11:10:30 PM »
My homie Jake. This was about a year ago, just before he got knee reconstruction.

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 66
  • Chris Hanson's Worst Nightmare
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop
« Reply #5895 on: December 03, 2009, 11:33:13 PM »
My homie Jake. This was about a year ago, just before he got knee reconstruction.

Sick stuff.  Skated that park back in May I think when I was living in Sydney.  Super fun!!  You're friend killed it.  Where's your footy??  Don't be shy.

Moist

• SLAP Pal
  • Deaf and Dumb
« Reply #5896 on: December 04, 2009, 12:03:43 AM »
Yeah man I love that park. I shall be getting some footage from there in a couple of weeks  :)

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop
« Reply #5897 on: December 04, 2009, 02:09:24 AM »
Well while we're on the subject of Sydney skateboarding...I suppose now is as good a time as any.

I was in Australia from February to June 09.  Here's a bunch of my shit from my trip.  Nothing amazing.  Mostly digi cam footy I got from friend's cameras.  I didn't even have my own camera down there.  But yeah...watch it if you're interested.

AND...at the end is my own exclusive footage of Waterloo Shantell and two hot bitches she had with her one day at Redfern.  Enjoy.

clamy

« Reply #5898 on: December 04, 2009, 04:06:40 AM »

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
« Reply #5899 on: December 04, 2009, 05:50:45 AM »
Well while we're on the subject of Sydney skateboarding...I suppose now is as good a time as any.

I was in Australia from February to June 09.  Here's a bunch of my shit from my trip.  Nothing amazing.  Mostly digi cam footy I got from friend's cameras.  I didn't even have my own camera down there.  But yeah...watch it if you're interested.

AND...at the end is my own exclusive footage of Waterloo Shantell and two hot bitches she had with her one day at Redfern.  Enjoy.

this was all really sick

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5900 on: December 04, 2009, 05:58:10 AM »
damn, shantell's friends would get it, and im sure they have.

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop
« Reply #5901 on: December 04, 2009, 12:26:32 PM »
damn, shantell's friends would get it, and im sure they have.

Dude...I think that's how she does it.  She seriously has the HOTTEST friends and always seemed to have alcohol with her.  Her friends would pull the guys in...she'd get em wasted and get in there.

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5902 on: December 04, 2009, 12:30:28 PM »
sounds good to me.

everypennyfedcar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
  • Getting paid like a biker with the best crank.
« Reply #5903 on: December 04, 2009, 12:43:34 PM »
old photo:

Spray it like a high-rank sniper in the West Bank.

Moist

• SLAP Pal
  • Deaf and Dumb
« Reply #5904 on: December 04, 2009, 03:21:36 PM »
Damn I skate Waterloo alot but I've never seen those chicks with Shantell, one in the leather jacket is fiiiine.
Nice clip btw. Did you get a chance to skate Five Dock? You'd love that place if you like tranny.

Aaaaand heres another little clip of Jake.

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop
« Reply #5905 on: December 04, 2009, 03:35:46 PM »
Damn I skate Waterloo alot but I've never seen those chicks with Shantell, one in the leather jacket is fiiiine.
Nice clip btw. Did you get a chance to skate Five Dock? You'd love that place if you like tranny.

Woah...that's right near Martin Place right??  That is a hefty gap.

Yeah I definitely skated Five Dock LOTS!!  It's the first place I went straight off the plane.  My homie who lives down there knew I'd love it.  But like I said...no camera.  I didn't get footage of most of the places I went.  Don't travel without at least a digi cam kids.  You'll regret it.

Here's a few Pizzey pics though.  Nothing special...but I was hyped to skate such a legendary spot.

And one Bondi photo.  Same day Tony Hawk was there...blah blah blah...

zipzinger666

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
  • creepin' while ur sleepin'...
« Reply #5906 on: December 04, 2009, 03:54:27 PM »

Woah...that's right near Martin Place right??  That is a hefty gap.

Yeah I definitely skated Five Dock LOTS!!  It's the first place I went straight off the plane.  My homie who lives down there knew I'd love it.  But like I said...no camera.  I didn't get footage of most of the places I went.  Don't travel without at least a digi cam kids.  You'll regret it.

Here's a few Pizzey pics though.  Nothing special...but I was hyped to skate such a legendary spot.

And one Bondi photo.  Same day Tony Hawk was there...blah blah blah...

those are some fucking awesome photos man...
Slap: not only do we run things in the industry, we fucking kill people"

the whompler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • https://vimeo.com/user36500511
« Reply #5907 on: December 04, 2009, 05:17:22 PM »
some throw-away

Did you 360 flip out of a front blunt?

i wish...360 shuvs...i'm workin on it though
that was incredibly impressive.

seen this dude around lb a bunch. really humble guy and deep bag of tricks. hyped to see footir from him

beardface

• Rep: 34
« Reply #5908 on: December 04, 2009, 07:27:17 PM »

Damn. This just made me realize that I have to go find a nice warm place with a ramp to stay for the winter. Good one.
She can't complain about it being gross- she's shooting pussy juice at your face.

zipzinger666

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
  • creepin' while ur sleepin'...
« Reply #5909 on: December 04, 2009, 07:56:56 PM »

damn, dont know if ive ever said this to you but you are awesome and your clips always get me stoked to skate...
Slap: not only do we run things in the industry, we fucking kill people"