Author Topic: post you skating  (Read 1923680 times)

Jewel Runner and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

jon schmoldt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -32
Re: post you skating
« Reply #6900 on: September 13, 2010, 10:36:24 PM »

Canuck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6901 on: September 14, 2010, 09:59:22 AM »
My friend Peter snapped this photo last night. I like how this spot looks.

jildo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
  • !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • my blog? avatar image
« Reply #6902 on: September 14, 2010, 12:32:41 PM »

SouthJersey

• Rep: -36
« Reply #6903 on: September 14, 2010, 12:54:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Washington Township, NJ

One of there rinkydink parks in a bigger recreational park
[close]

I did not know this. Interesting....
Are you from around here?

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #6904 on: September 14, 2010, 11:21:45 PM »
cool spot in oakland near the bart station. 0:24
Throwaway

JasonPark

• Rep: 4
« Reply #6905 on: September 15, 2010, 04:44:12 AM »
short ten tricks at my local park

Ten Tricks with Jason Park

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #6906 on: September 15, 2010, 12:50:33 PM »
Nice boardslide popout Gomez!

JasonPark: you sir, have magic feet
ableSkateMag.com

clamy

« Reply #6907 on: September 15, 2010, 04:39:15 PM »
Northbrook

im in the white shirt i did a back tail

Sick park.

Jealous of your spots, Gomez. That's cali for you....

SansLeChien

• Rep: 1
« Reply #6908 on: September 15, 2010, 07:15:56 PM »
Jason Park's 10th trick made me thiiiss happy  :D 

So rad. That park looks pretty fun too.

Heres some videos. Im wearing the glasses and anti-hero/sonics hat.

Stellar Cellular

StellarCellz2.mov

I hope you have as much fun watching it as I have watching you.  ;)

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6909 on: September 15, 2010, 10:19:24 PM »
So a whole bunch of us went on a skating camping trip this summer.  Both me and Watson made edits of the trip.  His edit of the first day is up.

YWS/Ninetimes SK Tour - Day One

I have the very first line and no other footage at all in this vid because I rolled the shit out of my ankle shortly after.  There's a whole shitload of people in here.  But Kevin Lowry footage at 3:33!!!  He polejams a fucking fire hydrant.  Looks easy in the video but I saw it with my own eyes and it still doesn't seem like it should be possible.  The things wasn't even vertical...it was OVERVERT!!!  Also footage by Drew Merriman, Yeffy and Riddler for any pals from Calgary who know those guys.

MuarkSlayer

« Reply #6910 on: September 16, 2010, 10:28:07 PM »
Mycah Williams

Heres my part in my friends video we just made. Also i need some advice, without sounding too much like a little girl. I'm trying to figure out which path i should choose in life, all my teachers and my parents are always talking about college and they're signing me up for all these classes and all i can think about is skating and living that whole dream. So what should i do? Im a junior in high school so im nearing one of the turning points of my life.

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6911 on: September 16, 2010, 10:49:33 PM »
you're better off pulling a walker ryan and skating while also going to school, so you'll have something to fall back on. i'm kind of in the same position you are (senior though) but i know i'm not going anywhere with skating so i'm gonna go to college and hopefully get involved in something skating related.

Krudler

« Reply #6912 on: September 16, 2010, 10:59:02 PM »
Mycah Williams

Heres my part in my friends video we just made. Also i need some advice, without sounding too much like a little girl. I'm trying to figure out which path i should choose in life, all my teachers and my parents are always talking about college and they're signing me up for all these classes and all i can think about is skating and living that whole dream. So what should i do? Im a junior in high school so im nearing one of the turning points of my life.
Ender was dogshit.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #6913 on: September 16, 2010, 11:31:50 PM »
Mycah Williams

You've been going to school and skating. If you are serious about skating though, two of my homies took home studies for their last year in high school. They're pretty amazing now, but they're still not sponsored. And they ended up taking classes at a community college anyway. Might as well just finish school with the regular folks.

Tom Bombadil

• Rep: 7
« Reply #6914 on: September 17, 2010, 12:02:40 AM »
I grimace at the thought of posting this, but there's too much comedic value not to -- I hope you share that sentiment, anyways. I got up to some pretty ludicrous things in my basement's bathroom-sized workshop during the freezing winters of my youth. One could say that Chris Haslam's section had a profound effect on me:I grimace at the thought of posting this, but there's too much comedic value not to -- I hope you share that sentiment, anyways. I got up to some pretty ludicrous things in my basement's bathroom-sized workshop during the freezing winters of my youth. One could say that Chris Haslam's section had a somewhat profound effect on me:

Skateboarding On Skateboards

I'm currently working on a section for a local video, and if it's less embarrassing than this, I might share it with you as well.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 12:05:29 AM by Tom Bombadil »

BriDen

« Reply #6915 on: September 17, 2010, 12:57:16 AM »
I liked the shit out of that.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6916 on: September 17, 2010, 01:01:31 AM »
I grimace at the thought of posting this, but there's too much comedic value not to -- I hope you share that sentiment, anyways. I got up to some pretty ludicrous things in my basement's bathroom-sized workshop during the freezing winters of my youth. One could say that Chris Haslam's section had a profound effect on me:I grimace at the thought of posting this, but there's too much comedic value not to -- I hope you share that sentiment, anyways. I got up to some pretty ludicrous things in my basement's bathroom-sized workshop during the freezing winters of my youth. One could say that Chris Haslam's section had a somewhat profound effect on me:

I'm currently working on a section for a local video, and if it's less embarrassing than this, I might share it with you as well.

that was ridiculous. i remember skating our basement when i lived at home, but i never thought of using a board as a curb. i would have broken 2 boards at one time i guess, bad idea.

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #6917 on: September 17, 2010, 01:32:52 PM »
I didn't film anything this year, but this is our park and the homies killed it. Kinda long haha.

Auburn park 2010

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #6918 on: September 17, 2010, 11:20:22 PM »
I had a pretty epic sesh with my friends at our new little park a couple days ago.  Nothing amazing but I did a couple things I'm pretty stoked on.  I'm in the blue backwards hat.

Cosmo Park Dos

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #6919 on: September 18, 2010, 08:11:45 AM »
Northbrook

im in the white shirt i did a back tail
you live out in northbrook? or are you in the city?

blackalbino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
« Reply #6920 on: September 18, 2010, 08:52:53 AM »
I had a pretty epic sesh with my friends at our new little park a couple days ago.  Nothing amazing but I did a couple things I'm pretty stoked on.  I'm in the blue backwards hat.

Cosmo Park Dos

yeah jeremy! you killed it.
i think the self-clap should be more socially acceptable

jildo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
  • !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • my blog? avatar image
« Reply #6921 on: September 18, 2010, 10:40:15 AM »
That was a nice noseblunt y'did there, Mr. Randall.

pandarelated

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #6922 on: September 18, 2010, 12:49:24 PM »
my best trick is falling down. but here is some old footage of OPEN team member Kenshiro Yagi

KENSHIRO YAGI

BuddyPal

« Reply #6923 on: September 18, 2010, 06:25:13 PM »

i smell an XZibit joke

mandibleclaw

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 559
  • "RIP to myself one day." -jereme rogers
    • mandible claw avatar image
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #6924 on: September 19, 2010, 12:18:01 AM »

go to college, or do something that will enable you to one day get a good job--learn some skill.  meanwhile, skate the whole time.  and, dude, i don't want to sound mean, but "living the dream"--do you mean you want to be pro?  there was a quote in an old skateboarder:  "everyone can be a great skateboarder, but not everyone is meant to be a great sponsored skateboarder."

just skate to have fun, and somehow, if stuff happens for you, cool.  but it's not something you should ever rely on or freak out about if it's not working how you want it.  besides, living in the skate industry isn't always as rad as you think it is.
We are a noble sport more noble than any other

SouthJersey

• Rep: -36
« Reply #6925 on: September 19, 2010, 09:18:36 AM »
What he said^. I'm a junior in college and still skating every day. Keep at school, cause skating won't always be there, and wont always make you money. And let's face it, the way the country is now and has been for a while, you're not gonna get any decent job without some sort of college or trade education. Stick with school and skate on free time.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
« Reply #6926 on: September 19, 2010, 10:44:33 AM »
Tom, that clip was fucking fun as hell to watch.

I skated around town yesterday and toted my camera, as per 99% of my videos. heh

A Brief Summary of Skating from September 18

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6927 on: September 19, 2010, 11:14:21 AM »
^ early grab back 3 was tight.

MuarkSlayer

« Reply #6928 on: September 19, 2010, 12:20:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

go to college, or do something that will enable you to one day get a good job--learn some skill.  meanwhile, skate the whole time.  and, dude, i don't want to sound mean, but "living the dream"--do you mean you want to be pro?  there was a quote in an old skateboarder:  "everyone can be a great skateboarder, but not everyone is meant to be a great sponsored skateboarder."

just skate to have fun, and somehow, if stuff happens for you, cool.  but it's not something you should ever rely on or freak out about if it's not working how you want it.  besides, living in the skate industry isn't always as rad as you think it is.

Yeah i'm going to go to college and everything. I just meant i want to experience skating and traveling, i highly doubt i'll turn pro someday, i just want to see if it takes me anywhere. This just keeps popping up in my head because i've watched almost every epicly later'd and every one of those guys has the coolest lives, even the ams. Im not freaking out about it, just something on my mind a lot. thanks for the advice

mandibleclaw

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 559
  • "RIP to myself one day." -jereme rogers
    • mandible claw avatar image
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #6929 on: September 19, 2010, 03:27:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah i'm going to go to college and everything. I just meant i want to experience skating and traveling, i highly doubt i'll turn pro someday, i just want to see if it takes me anywhere. This just keeps popping up in my head because i've watched almost every epicly later'd and every one of those guys has the coolest lives, even the ams. Im not freaking out about it, just something on my mind a lot. thanks for the advice

okay, i get what you're saying.  listen.  i went to 4 years of college, skating the whole time, made tons of new friends.  in the summers we went on skate trips to barcelona and paris.  eventually, i made a full skate video of my friends.  now, i'm going to grad school in new york; but at the same time, i'm somehow editing shit for element.  so who knows.  meow meow meow
We are a noble sport more noble than any other