Author Topic: post you skating  (Read 1117766 times)

Tom Bombadil

• Rep: 7
Re: post you skating
« Reply #6960 on: September 17, 2010, 12:02:40 AM »
I grimace at the thought of posting this, but there's too much comedic value not to -- I hope you share that sentiment, anyways. I got up to some pretty ludicrous things in my basement's bathroom-sized workshop during the freezing winters of my youth. One could say that Chris Haslam's section had a profound effect on me:I grimace at the thought of posting this, but there's too much comedic value not to -- I hope you share that sentiment, anyways. I got up to some pretty ludicrous things in my basement's bathroom-sized workshop during the freezing winters of my youth. One could say that Chris Haslam's section had a somewhat profound effect on me:

I'm currently working on a section for a local video, and if it's less embarrassing than this, I might share it with you as well.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 12:05:29 AM by Tom Bombadil »

BriDen

« Reply #6961 on: September 17, 2010, 12:57:16 AM »
I liked the shit out of that.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
« Reply #6962 on: September 17, 2010, 01:01:31 AM »
I grimace at the thought of posting this, but there's too much comedic value not to -- I hope you share that sentiment, anyways. I got up to some pretty ludicrous things in my basement's bathroom-sized workshop during the freezing winters of my youth. One could say that Chris Haslam's section had a profound effect on me:I grimace at the thought of posting this, but there's too much comedic value not to -- I hope you share that sentiment, anyways. I got up to some pretty ludicrous things in my basement's bathroom-sized workshop during the freezing winters of my youth. One could say that Chris Haslam's section had a somewhat profound effect on me:

I'm currently working on a section for a local video, and if it's less embarrassing than this, I might share it with you as well.

that was ridiculous. i remember skating our basement when i lived at home, but i never thought of using a board as a curb. i would have broken 2 boards at one time i guess, bad idea.
instagram.com/used_shoe/

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #6963 on: September 17, 2010, 01:32:52 PM »
I didn't film anything this year, but this is our park and the homies killed it. Kinda long haha.

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 66
  • Chris Hanson's Worst Nightmare
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop
« Reply #6964 on: September 17, 2010, 11:20:22 PM »
I had a pretty epic sesh with my friends at our new little park a couple days ago.  Nothing amazing but I did a couple things I'm pretty stoked on.  I'm in the blue backwards hat.

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #6965 on: September 18, 2010, 08:11:45 AM »

im in the white shirt i did a back tail
you live out in northbrook? or are you in the city?

blackalbino

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
« Reply #6966 on: September 18, 2010, 08:52:53 AM »
I had a pretty epic sesh with my friends at our new little park a couple days ago.  Nothing amazing but I did a couple things I'm pretty stoked on.  I'm in the blue backwards hat.

yeah jeremy! you killed it.
i think the self-clap should be more socially acceptable

jildo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
  • !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • my blog?
« Reply #6967 on: September 18, 2010, 10:40:15 AM »
That was a nice noseblunt y'did there, Mr. Randall.

pandarelated

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #6968 on: September 18, 2010, 12:49:24 PM »
my best trick is falling down. but here is some old footage of OPEN team member Kenshiro Yagi

BuddyPal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 108
« Reply #6969 on: September 18, 2010, 06:25:13 PM »

i smell an XZibit joke
. And don't you ever "lol" twice in the same sentence again.

mandibleclaw

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
  • "RIP to myself one day." -jereme rogers
    • mandible claw
« Reply #6970 on: September 19, 2010, 12:18:01 AM »
Heres my part in my friends video we just made. Also i need some advice, without sounding too much like a little girl. I'm trying to figure out which path i should choose in life, all my teachers and my parents are always talking about college and they're signing me up for all these classes and all i can think about is skating and living that whole dream. So what should i do? Im a junior in high school so im nearing one of the turning points of my life.

go to college, or do something that will enable you to one day get a good job--learn some skill.  meanwhile, skate the whole time.  and, dude, i don't want to sound mean, but "living the dream"--do you mean you want to be pro?  there was a quote in an old skateboarder:  "everyone can be a great skateboarder, but not everyone is meant to be a great sponsored skateboarder."

just skate to have fun, and somehow, if stuff happens for you, cool.  but it's not something you should ever rely on or freak out about if it's not working how you want it.  besides, living in the skate industry isn't always as rad as you think it is.
We are a noble sport more noble than any other

SouthJersey

• Rep: -36
« Reply #6971 on: September 19, 2010, 09:18:36 AM »
What he said^. I'm a junior in college and still skating every day. Keep at school, cause skating won't always be there, and wont always make you money. And let's face it, the way the country is now and has been for a while, you're not gonna get any decent job without some sort of college or trade education. Stick with school and skate on free time.

grimcity

• Administrator
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2049
« Reply #6972 on: September 19, 2010, 10:44:33 AM »
Tom, that clip was fucking fun as hell to watch.

I skated around town yesterday and toted my camera, as per 99% of my videos. heh

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #6973 on: September 19, 2010, 11:14:21 AM »
^ early grab back 3 was tight.

MuarkSlayer

« Reply #6974 on: September 19, 2010, 12:20:27 PM »
Heres my part in my friends video we just made. Also i need some advice, without sounding too much like a little girl. I'm trying to figure out which path i should choose in life, all my teachers and my parents are always talking about college and they're signing me up for all these classes and all i can think about is skating and living that whole dream. So what should i do? Im a junior in high school so im nearing one of the turning points of my life.

go to college, or do something that will enable you to one day get a good job--learn some skill.  meanwhile, skate the whole time.  and, dude, i don't want to sound mean, but "living the dream"--do you mean you want to be pro?  there was a quote in an old skateboarder:  "everyone can be a great skateboarder, but not everyone is meant to be a great sponsored skateboarder."

just skate to have fun, and somehow, if stuff happens for you, cool.  but it's not something you should ever rely on or freak out about if it's not working how you want it.  besides, living in the skate industry isn't always as rad as you think it is.

Yeah i'm going to go to college and everything. I just meant i want to experience skating and traveling, i highly doubt i'll turn pro someday, i just want to see if it takes me anywhere. This just keeps popping up in my head because i've watched almost every epicly later'd and every one of those guys has the coolest lives, even the ams. Im not freaking out about it, just something on my mind a lot. thanks for the advice

mandibleclaw

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
  • "RIP to myself one day." -jereme rogers
    • mandible claw
« Reply #6975 on: September 19, 2010, 03:27:02 PM »

Yeah i'm going to go to college and everything. I just meant i want to experience skating and traveling, i highly doubt i'll turn pro someday, i just want to see if it takes me anywhere. This just keeps popping up in my head because i've watched almost every epicly later'd and every one of those guys has the coolest lives, even the ams. Im not freaking out about it, just something on my mind a lot. thanks for the advice

okay, i get what you're saying.  listen.  i went to 4 years of college, skating the whole time, made tons of new friends.  in the summers we went on skate trips to barcelona and paris.  eventually, i made a full skate video of my friends.  now, i'm going to grad school in new york; but at the same time, i'm somehow editing shit for element.  so who knows.  meow meow meow
We are a noble sport more noble than any other

stew

• Rep: 0
« Reply #6976 on: September 20, 2010, 01:53:01 AM »
from my homies flickr account, he's got some good shit in there. The first ones are me:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/irisimaging/4985276252/#in/photostream/

A.J.K.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
« Reply #6977 on: September 20, 2010, 04:27:46 PM »
from my homies flickr account, he's got some good shit in there. The first ones are me:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/irisimaging/4985276252/#in/photostream/

The nosemanual? thats awesome.

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6978 on: September 20, 2010, 05:46:38 PM »
is that nosemanual in berkeley? i could've sworn i've seen that spot driving down ashby or mlkjr

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • Dopeness
« Reply #6979 on: September 20, 2010, 06:25:34 PM »

stew

« Reply #6980 on: September 21, 2010, 12:43:59 AM »

thanks! Yeah, it's in berkeley on university and sacramento, really only skateable on sunday mornings as far as I know.

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6981 on: September 21, 2010, 09:13:23 PM »
thanks for the heads up, do you mean it's not skateable cause you'll get kicked out, or because there's a lot of foot traffic? props on the nosemanual though.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • Dopeness
« Reply #6982 on: September 22, 2010, 11:22:47 AM »
I have two clips in this, in the milan jersey

« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 02:49:30 PM by bbk »

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 830
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #6983 on: September 22, 2010, 07:16:20 PM »
^ man, park(s?) look like a blast! front board popout on the barricade was sick

stoked, for how frequently I check this thread I finally have something to contribute

in the dark windbreaker and beanie, Dave's also in it a bunch in the khakis
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

VictoriousOG

« Reply #6984 on: September 22, 2010, 08:01:15 PM »
That park looks incredibly fun.

Jay E-Quails

« Reply #6985 on: September 22, 2010, 10:33:41 PM »

thanks! Yeah, it's in berkeley on university and sacramento, really only skateable on sunday mornings as far as I know.

That spots so sick, someone I know actually goes to karate or some shit there

Giovanni Falcone

« Reply #6986 on: September 22, 2010, 11:18:44 PM »

spare change

« Reply #6987 on: September 23, 2010, 07:14:41 AM »
Being I don't know who anyone is, but that switch back tail at green lake is no joke.

Stoop Kid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -72
  • Fuck hipsters.
« Reply #6988 on: September 23, 2010, 07:24:22 AM »
My friend made this awhile ago of a bunch of the homeys.

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 830
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #6989 on: September 23, 2010, 10:24:08 AM »
That park looks incredibly fun.

it's a must-go if you're near southeast WA state! sooo fun, and that's only half the park. Huge tranny section was virtually untouched by us

the bowl section is in Beauty & The Beast, where Tony T crooks that bump to long ass ledge that's also a steep tranny wall, comes to a stop short of the end and nosepicks the rest of the way out of it
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 03:19:21 AM by EricLogan »
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.