Author Topic: post you skating  (Read 1923406 times)

silhouette

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
Re: post you skating
« Reply #15390 on: July 17, 2017, 02:07:36 PM »
Bensquirts' footage is rad.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWp-qTmDV0c/ step hop 360 flip over a london street gap back in 2015

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #15391 on: July 17, 2017, 03:47:12 PM »
Everyone's skating is consistently rad, you all have me stoked. Bensquirts and Silhouette, your clips were especially spicy!

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #15392 on: July 17, 2017, 04:17:05 PM »
jesus fuck silhouette
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -606
« Reply #15393 on: July 17, 2017, 05:08:32 PM »

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWp-qTmDV0c/ step hop 360 flip over a london street gap back in 2015

Aymeric Nocus posts on SLAP?
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

Yu Dum

« Reply #15394 on: July 17, 2017, 06:34:17 PM »

Bensquirts

• Rep: 75
« Reply #15395 on: July 17, 2017, 06:46:35 PM »

Fuck that was cool. Everyone has been killing it lately! This thread always gets me stoked.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #15396 on: July 18, 2017, 11:18:29 AM »

delaware county

• Rep: 24
    • www.kineticskateboarding.com avatar image
« Reply #15397 on: July 18, 2017, 12:17:11 PM »

shit_for_brains

« Reply #15398 on: July 18, 2017, 02:57:51 PM »
Ever since tobey got HIV or whatever it is Ben and Fisherman are my favorites

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #15399 on: July 18, 2017, 03:32:36 PM »
Ever since tobey got HIV or whatever it is Ben and Fisherman are my favorites

Might as well be that. I went to the doctors like last week and I asked him what was really wrong with my ankle when I first messed it up. He told me my ligaments got torn and since I'm an idiot and never go to the doctors they were torn for a good couple of months. Basically, have to rebuild my ankle from scratch now. The thing is though I can easily walk on it just if I flick it, kind of like flicking your foot for a kickflip it goes dead. Found a faster way to get to my skatepark too, hahahahah fuck my life hahhaha good times

Bensquirts

• Rep: 75
« Reply #15400 on: July 18, 2017, 05:01:22 PM »
Thanks SFB, and that's a bummer tobey. Did the doctor give you any idea of when you will be able to skate again?

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #15401 on: July 18, 2017, 05:17:06 PM »
Thanks SFB, and that's a bummer tobey. Did the doctor give you any idea of when you will be able to skate again?

Been doing physical rehab but I see him next month again to see where my ankle is at

Thrillho

• Rep: 133
« Reply #15402 on: July 20, 2017, 02:03:34 PM »

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • illinoying
« Reply #15403 on: July 21, 2017, 01:18:14 AM »

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #15404 on: July 21, 2017, 02:16:37 AM »
http://streamable.com/h82qz

Subpar skating from subpar human being
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15405 on: July 21, 2017, 04:47:43 AM »
glad you guys liked my clip, love getting people stoked. to be honest i'm not too sure how the trick even happened - i had never done it over a gap that big and started flinging it around as a joke, then my friend who filmed it (nikola racan from croatia - the guy behind the yearly vladimir indie skate film & photo festival and the video solsticij - which this clip is excerpted from) convinced me that i could, and should, do it, and i somehow ended up rolling away from one. we had just landed in london one hour prior, during which nikola had almost died ran over by traffic three times (disoriented by the switch driving style). casper brooker had just filmed the line he does there in the isle video (the one he starts with a kickflip over the gap) 10 minutes before and it was so sick to see in person. actually you can see jake harris and tom knox making fun of me in the corner of my clip after i land.

Justis i remember you & the footage you used to post on skateboard-city years ago... dark raillie was dope and your smile upon landing it even better. hope you find a good street spot for that one.

Mark Renton that spot looks really fun to skate. don't be so hard on yourself, you seem to be having a good time.

Blind Fisherman rad style. park looks like tons of fun. there's a similar flat gap in my hometown that i absolutely love skating. but even the small kickers and that two block you tried to fakie ollie up (!) look pretty quirky and original.

here's some quick flatground my friend filmed of me a couple of days ago to try out a new phone fisheye my girlfriend nicked from some shitty roxy store. never thought i would ever use shit like this but the part of me who likes experimenting with wonky filming set-ups is actually kind of into it. a few rare birds in there maybe, if any of you PALS feel inspired to try some of those i'm down to share my ways ! PS. you don't necessarily have to be wearing fallen shorts from the summer 2010 season in order to perform any of the following manoeuvers. https://www.instagram.com/p/BWxrhvvj60M/?taken-by=passionisfordinosaurs for part 1 & https://www.instagram.com/p/BWzdiVHjLV0/?taken-by=passionisfordinosaurs for part 2 (or maybe should it be 'chapter' 1 & 'chapter' 2 ? it's 2017 - skateboarding is serious)

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Choose life.
« Reply #15406 on: July 21, 2017, 05:05:14 AM »
Mark Renton that spot looks really fun to skate. don't be so hard on yourself, you seem to be having a good time

Haha yeah it is really fun (and not easy to ride on). We found it in a park, London is filled with these gems. It's really sick to have a couple of random seshs with the friends hitting up spots on the way. And yeah I'm kidding about the subpar, it's what I write on my skate posts on insta.
I'm too paranoid to post my insta but now that I discovered 'streamable' I will post more when I meet up with the boys. I'm so stoked on skateboarding and pot right now.  :)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 05:07:03 AM by Mark Renton »
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15407 on: July 21, 2017, 06:06:45 AM »
fuck yeah, didn't realize you were in london. love the scene you guys have, so effervescent and overflowing with passion be it in the shops, events, skaters. it's one of the strongest and purest i've experienced in western europe. i'll try and remember to hit you up if i ever come back there because the way you describe your skate days (casually hitting up random cool shit) sounds like something i can relate to.

your spot looks like it even has some kind of impossible channel gap !

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Choose life.
« Reply #15408 on: July 21, 2017, 08:49:54 AM »
fuck yeah, didn't realize you were in london. love the scene you guys have, so effervescent and overflowing with passion be it in the shops, events, skaters. it's one of the strongest and purest i've experienced in western europe. i'll try and remember to hit you up if i ever come back there because the way you describe your skate days (casually hitting up random cool shit) sounds like something i can relate to.

your spot looks like it even has some kind of impossible channel gap !

I'm not from here but I've been here like 10+ times. From next may I'll move  here, as soon as I get my piece of paper (MS degree) so yeah hit me up! Beers at the off-licence, stop at a random tube station and skate everything you can find. Good times!
And yes I'd love to see a tom knox or something hit that spot, it has potential and really puts all the drift videos in the right perspective when you actually try and skate some of the stuff in their videos. They make it look easy, must be nice! Hahah
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 08:51:35 AM by Mark Renton »

Yu Dum

« Reply #15409 on: July 21, 2017, 03:15:24 PM »

Blind Fisherman rad style. park looks like tons of fun. there's a similar flat gap in my hometown that i absolutely love skating. but even the small kickers and that two block you tried to fakie ollie up (!) look pretty quirky and original.

Thanks, man! This park is one of my favorite places I've ever been. Everything is pretty much perfect here.
Your clips have been getting me hyped to try new shit lately. Keep it up!

Yu Dum

« Reply #15410 on: July 22, 2017, 07:08:10 AM »
Warmup clip from last night.
https://instagram.com/p/BW1jVLLBNxI/

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • illinoying
« Reply #15411 on: July 22, 2017, 11:13:02 AM »

Yu Dum

« Reply #15412 on: July 23, 2017, 07:39:10 AM »
Raw edit of some clips from the past couple of weeks.
http://youtu.be/UsM0qeXeVEk

shark tits

« Reply #15413 on: July 23, 2017, 07:46:01 AM »
you've got kind of an asian matt damon thing going on. . street gap at the end looked diesel!

Yu Dum

« Reply #15414 on: July 23, 2017, 07:54:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
you've got kind of an asian matt damon thing going on. . street gap at the end looked diesel!
Hahahah, that's one I've never gotten. It's usually Keanu Reeves or River Phoenix.
That gap is no joke though! It's a hefty toss, on top of dealing with tons of foot traffic.

Budo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
    • So What is Skateboarding? avatar image
« Reply #15415 on: July 23, 2017, 01:50:47 PM »
Blind Fisherman is killing it!  Also Justis as always.

I was feeling some Justis vibes last night at a mini-ramp party.  Did 4 new "tricks".  I'm stoked my knee is finally feeling better.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BW5lo2Alf7T/?taken-by=ouroot
Keep Rolling!

sowhatskateboarding.com
@OuRoot

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #15416 on: July 23, 2017, 04:25:35 PM »
as always just went to the local with my little guy... everything I landed is sketchy as heck but I'll take what I can get these days... plus it was hot as poop so you know...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BW4-8VClafu/?taken-by=dorkbert

Budo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 114
    • So What is Skateboarding? avatar image
« Reply #15417 on: July 23, 2017, 10:04:25 PM »
^Great skating, and the end of the clip made it way better by the cuteness.

I posted my mini-ramp clips above, but if you want a feel-good mini-ramp edit with Belle and Sebastion then here you go.
WSR iPhone Kooks: Larry's Farewell Party
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 10:26:41 PM by Budo »
Keep Rolling!

sowhatskateboarding.com
@OuRoot

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #15418 on: July 23, 2017, 11:38:54 PM »
Blind Fisherman keeps delivering the goods. Such good pop

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #15419 on: July 24, 2017, 02:42:22 AM »
^Great skating, and the end of the clip made it way better by the cuteness.

I posted my mini-ramp clips above, but if you want a feel-good mini-ramp edit with Belle and Sebastion then here you go.
WSR iPhone Kooks: Larry's Farewell Party

Thanks
What makes it even better is that my little guy calls my buddy Ken-chan an idiot all the time (hanging out at a skatepark all the time with grown up children when you are 2 probably isn't the best idea)