Author Topic: post you skating  (Read 1927310 times)

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 982
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: post you skating
« Reply #15690 on: October 09, 2017, 08:15:30 PM »
good to see you're back budo..i stopped posting on here cuz everyone is too good..also won't be satisfied until you skate that airplane
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

DaSk8D00D

• Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #15691 on: October 09, 2017, 08:50:56 PM »
Watched every clip on this page so far and all of y'all killin it. Keep rippin!

silhouette

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
« Reply #15692 on: October 11, 2017, 07:05:26 AM »
that probably feels so funny to skate, Budo ! good on you being back on the board and crafting spots out of your environment... motivational for sure. best wishes to your ankle !

good to see you're back budo..i stopped posting on here cuz everyone is too good..also won't be satisfied until you skate that airplane

no you should keep posting ! and i want to see him do something with that airplane too !

here's for my contribution with a random tired skatepark box trick from yesterday which probably breaks so many rules
https://www.instagram.com/p/BaFSe25j8Lv/?taken-by=passionisfordinosaurs

Yu Dum

« Reply #15693 on: October 11, 2017, 05:56:12 PM »
Some fun from today.
Switch frontside flips on banks feel weird as fuck...wanna learn switch f/s 270 flip a la Penny soon.

https://instagram.com/p/BaH5pL_He6_/
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 07:15:15 AM by Blind Fisherman »

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #15694 on: October 12, 2017, 07:19:21 PM »
Tried to get a better one where it didn't take so long to get the flip but my back was not having it.
https://instagram.com/p/BaK282LHXoS/
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Stanley Spadowski

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
  • Can I still be the janitor?
« Reply #15695 on: October 12, 2017, 10:07:34 PM »
Blind killing it as usual.
Johnes this is fucking amazing!
Tried to get a better one where it didn't take so long to get the flip but my back was not having it.
https://instagram.com/p/BaK282LHXoS/
"These floors are dirty as hell, and I'm not gonna take it any more!"

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #15696 on: October 13, 2017, 06:11:42 AM »

Bensquirts

• Rep: 75
« Reply #15697 on: October 13, 2017, 06:49:05 AM »
Johnes, switchflip, and blind fisherman are going in!

Here is my contribution, trying to learn some different things.  Bummed I caught the sweeper in a mallgrab, but I will take it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaKpkxWDRJ0/

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #15698 on: October 13, 2017, 04:40:21 PM »

Here is my contribution, trying to learn some different things.  Bummed I caught the sweeper in a mallgrab, but I will take it.

Wouu!! that was nice. Really cool spot and tricks, Benquirts.

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #15699 on: October 14, 2017, 12:49:59 PM »

Hah, I thought you did the mall grab on purpose. Seems harder that way! Cool tricks man!

A line I did at my local park two days ago:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVmk-bA226Q

patrick c.

• Rep: 23
« Reply #15700 on: October 14, 2017, 09:37:54 PM »
Watched every clip on this page so far and all of y'all killin it. Keep rippin!
All you got is today, get out and skate.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #15701 on: October 15, 2017, 10:08:14 AM »
https://youtu.be/jZ8HrDH4YdY

Ok, opinions needed. I come home the other day and my girl wants to see what I got today so I show her this clip. She says cool but then asks "is it bad that your arms are flailing all over"

Damn yo lol. I knew it wasn't the cleanest trick I've ever done but I thought it was usable. She means well, she knows I don't want anything wack in my video, but now all I'm thinking about is are my arms doing too much lol.

You guys tell me if it looks regular or if it's ok. I'm thinking about going back to redo it tomorrow because I'm pretty sure I can, it wasn't all that hard. But if I'm tripping and it's fine then fuck it.

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15702 on: October 15, 2017, 10:12:07 AM »
Damn why did that screen cap have to catch me at the ugliest moment. Might have answered my own question with that...

shark tits

« Reply #15703 on: October 15, 2017, 10:52:24 AM »
it was a little flail-y but that's your style. what are you gonna keep contriving and contriving til you robot that shit like zigram? to me how you did it is how you did it and if no toe drag or whatever, god bless.
that's just me, other people are perfectionists.
you should have you girl critique everyone's tricks. maybe she has a knack for it just like siskel and ebert/roper never made a movie but they can debase yours.
it's cool that your girl is at least interested enough to watch.

DaSk8D00D

• Rep: -108
  • Can't Leave SLAP Alone the Game Needs Me!
« Reply #15704 on: October 15, 2017, 03:14:39 PM »

Ok, opinions needed. I come home the other day and my girl wants to see what I got today so I show her this clip. She says cool but then asks "is it bad that your arms are flailing all over"

Damn yo lol. I knew it wasn't the cleanest trick I've ever done but I thought it was usable. She means well, she knows I don't want anything wack in my video, but now all I'm thinking about is are my arms doing too much lol.

You guys tell me if it looks regular or if it's ok. I'm thinking about going back to redo it tomorrow because I'm pretty sure I can, it wasn't all that hard. But if I'm tripping and it's fine then fuck it.

If you want an honest opinion, you could probably film a better one. I'm pretty trash at manuals so I very much know how it feels to do that flailing, off-balance struggle steeze lol. The trick itself is dope but I think you got it in you to do a better one. If you already feel like you wanna redo it and it isn't that hard for you then might as well go for it.

I had to refilm a trick myself a few times today due to camera difficulties and sketchy landings. I totally chipped up a newish board all along the ends and sides and will be sore for the next couple days but it was worth it

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaR_pnAh1Uq/?hl=en

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15705 on: October 15, 2017, 04:12:21 PM »
Damn why did that screen cap have to catch me at the ugliest moment. Might have answered my own question with that...

ya that was dog shit

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15706 on: October 15, 2017, 04:33:07 PM »
i say that knowing that you know you can do it better too .. go faster

Bensquirts

« Reply #15707 on: October 15, 2017, 05:12:50 PM »
Damn Will! That kickflip was crazy!

Built a new ledge at our DIY today, here are a couple of tricks that happened.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaSSVTCjdRB/

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15708 on: October 15, 2017, 05:37:47 PM »
it was a little flail-y but that's your style. what are you gonna keep contriving and contriving til you robot that shit like zigram? to me how you did it is how you did it and if no toe drag or whatever, god bless.
that's just me, other people are perfectionists.
you should have you girl critique everyone's tricks. maybe she has a knack for it just like siskel and ebert/roper never made a movie but they can debase yours.
it's cool that your girl is at least interested enough to watch.

lol there's already that guy who critiques people's skating on YouTube but my girl who doesn't skate and doesn't really know much about it critiquing everyone would be hilarious

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15709 on: October 15, 2017, 05:39:37 PM »
i say that knowing that you know you can do it better too .. go faster
Expand Quote

[close]

If you want an honest opinion, you could probably film a better one. I'm pretty trash at manuals so I very much know how it feels to do that flailing, off-balance struggle steeze lol. The trick itself is dope but I think you got it in you to do a better one. If you already feel like you wanna redo it and it isn't that hard for you then might as well go for it.

I had to refilm a trick myself a few times today due to camera difficulties and sketchy landings. I totally chipped up a newish board all along the ends and sides and will be sore for the next couple days but it was worth it

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaR_pnAh1Uq/?hl=en

Yea ima try to redo it. That's a beastly kickflip btw

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15710 on: October 16, 2017, 03:05:52 AM »
VHS ERA trick was dope and I for one like to see the occasional struggle on a trick even if that means arms flailing, sometimes that actually looks sick especially on really hard tricks. that being said this one definitely looks like you could easily re-do one you'd be entirely satisfied with (doesn't have to be picture perfect either - it's a thin line, but the difference really is what matters, you'll know it when you feel it). actually that's probably where your hesitation comes from, rather than other people's impressions - those only resonate with you because they highlight a certain way you already feel about your clip, having to do with insecurities keeping this clip all the while knowing you're really capable of more, or better. I'd say maybe go back and try to get a better one just in case, and if for some reason that doesn't happen well fuck it, you've done it anyway, it's happened and that's how it happened to look like. something funny to think about is how that same trick probably would have looked good anyway had it been filmed VX (or just fisheye), because it would have been dynamic. static HD angles just have the viewer expect picture perfect smoothness for some reason, sketch (good or bad) don't really work well with those, the same way having elliott smith stuck in my head for hours due to my girl's morning playlist fucked with my 360 flips on the skatepark hip the whole day yesterday...

everybody's been killing it. special mention to DaSk8D00D's rock kickflip, that was fucking wild. johnes, that's a good concept for a trick, as a kid i remember fantasizing over the idea of doing exactly what you did, just while moving and riding along the edge of the curb, and actually i have a friend in paris who does a trick that's very similar to yours ! toward the end of this, in the line with the crooked grind (not me !) :
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRJOmMrDYrw/?taken-by=metreyodalf

and here's for my contribution, all wonky manuals. first spot in the first clip was tons of fun. second clip is just something random i happened to improvise on the go while that kid was filming everybody, and he caught it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaJuKa6jZaR/?taken-by=passionisfordinosaurs
https://www.instagram.com/p/BaKIo1eDUss/?taken-by=passionisfordinosaurs

BlacklistedUK

• Rep: 55
« Reply #15711 on: October 16, 2017, 04:47:51 PM »
I had a hand in designing a local village park so, upon completion at the end of August, I decided to knock a quick part together.

Warning: Contains lots of lip tricks coz I'm old and can't be arsed to jump much anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfE7UVpB2v4

Bensquirts

« Reply #15712 on: October 16, 2017, 05:32:02 PM »
I had a hand in designing a local village park so, upon completion at the end of August, I decided to knock a quick part together.

Warning: Contains lots of lip tricks coz I'm old and can't be arsed to jump much anymore.

Man I really enjoyed that, footplant to nose was really neat.

ducky darnsworth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • personal text
« Reply #15713 on: October 16, 2017, 08:15:37 PM »
progressing on sucking less is slow and rocky
https://www.instagram.com/p/BaVVdWtDg25/?taken-by=fiendmachines

Gil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
« Reply #15714 on: October 17, 2017, 11:05:51 AM »
Here's what I'm calling a new mid-length video I just released. It's just a little over 12 minutes in length. I have the 3rd part at the 5:35 mark. I kinda suck, but my friends are rad! At least check their parts out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCesFJw4vtk
Going into to business with Vallely is the skateboarding equivalent of starting a land war in Asia, just don't.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15715 on: October 17, 2017, 02:06:01 PM »
^ that was rad. you guys have sick spots and utilize them well. first dude has an interesting take on mannys. any back story behind the darsh cam intro clip with the slap in the face ? also i like your vx work. editing was coherent too and it didn't take many iterations of that association of red backgrounds with the black typewriter-styled font to start reminding me of the cover of the 2003 rancid album (which i hadn't seen since 2003 either, till now since i just had to google it for the date).

BlacklistedUK park looks like a lot of fun in peaceful settings. nice one. also thought the atmosphere shots were well done and worked really well (random but i thought i'd point it out)

BlacklistedUK

• Rep: 55
« Reply #15716 on: October 17, 2017, 03:19:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Man I really enjoyed that, footplant to nose was really neat.

Cheers man, gotta mix things up occasionally and that trick just one of those rare ideas that actually works!

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #15717 on: October 17, 2017, 07:39:21 PM »
Wow Silhouette your friend did that totally legit, funny how it was like mine but reversed kinda.
Good stuff Ducky.
Gil the wallie on the old looking house was a really cool shot.
Wall ride manual was dope too.
I got a neat trick today
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 07:52:25 PM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Yu Dum

« Reply #15718 on: October 18, 2017, 08:06:46 AM »
Some fuckaround from yesterday.
https://instagram.com/p/BaZLAm5HWoC/

Gil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
« Reply #15719 on: October 18, 2017, 09:03:56 AM »
Silhouette: Thanks man! I'm stoked that you thought of that Rancid album. Looking through punk album covers provided a lot of my inspiration for this project. And the story behind the slap isn't anything crazy. That's my wife's best friend; It was her birthday, and I told her that her gift was a free slap, and she fuckin rocked my face. You can see my wife's reaction in the background to how bad she got me. And the name "darsh" is just what we've been calling our dumb little crew since we were teenagers. It comes from the Stan Darsh episode of South Park but really doesn't have any deep significance other than nostalgia at this point. Haha.

Johnes: Thank you too! I was stoked when I found that wallie spot. Our downtown isn't too big, so it's pretty rare to find something new. The ground is absolute garbage though. Side note: That's probably the only trick in my part that I got relatively quickly. Cameras are like kryptonite for me. And that is a neat trick at a cool spot you got there! Footage or did you just snap a photo?
Going into to business with Vallely is the skateboarding equivalent of starting a land war in Asia, just don't.