Author Topic: post you skating  (Read 1122024 times)

eranka and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
Re: post you skating
« Reply #16770 on: September 11, 2018, 04:08:26 PM »
learned a weird new one, the basic version of the trick doesn't look too good but maybe it has potential with b/s 180 / bigspin / 360 out

rip louis b.k.

• Rep: 6
  • im fadies
« Reply #16771 on: September 11, 2018, 10:53:32 PM »
learned a weird new one, the basic version of the trick doesn't look too good but maybe it has potential with b/s 180 / bigspin / 360 out

idk how u come up with this shit but i love it

almost broke my ankle but i'll be back with some actual clips soon, here's some fun ones from the day it happened, fucked it up trying varial flip front wallride off a ledge at chase in chicago

my friend pete (we couldnt get a flatground trick for shit)

fun vx clip :) (it's a railie i swear)

« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 11:07:10 PM by rip louis b.k. »

handsclapanin

• Rep: 149
« Reply #16772 on: September 12, 2018, 08:24:31 AM »
weird indeed silhouette. and it didn't look that bad. think you could lean back and actually grind that 5.0, instead of the little bonk out it does? that would be something.

fs fence ride from a couple days ago

and some slams from labor day. just about done with another part.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
« Reply #16773 on: September 13, 2018, 07:49:48 AM »
Noob trick but it felt great

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -39
    • WEEKEND skateboards
« Reply #16774 on: September 13, 2018, 09:06:32 AM »
This ledge curves to my left, but you can't really tell from this angle

I've hated immigrants ever since I got here.

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -262
« Reply #16775 on: September 13, 2018, 10:51:17 AM »
Hard to skate nowadays.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16776 on: September 13, 2018, 06:13:56 PM »
weird indeed silhouette. and it didn't look that bad. think you could lean back and actually grind that 5.0, instead of the little bonk out it does? that would be something.

fs fence ride from a couple days ago

I could grind the 5-0 and have done it before but it feels pretty cheap to be honest (maybe f/s 180 out would make it more flowy), I kind of like the bonk out, I wish I could get some actual pop from that position. my first thought was to try and do that exact trick I did but with an extra f/s 180 on the comply out of the nosegrind but frontside step hops off the opposite side feel too funny.

fence frontside wallride is dope, love it when little details about a spot (in this case the sign) suffice to make it that much harder to skate for it to be more interesting.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 06:19:24 PM by silhouette »

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16777 on: September 13, 2018, 07:36:24 PM »

quick clip from tonight, I post this type of shit too much because I've been experimenting with that move lately but as far as the big flip variation goes this is the highest one I've done. could look better (... or include a revert?), but I was in a hurry

tart.mommy

• Rep: 1
  • smd
« Reply #16778 on: September 14, 2018, 01:13:35 PM »
this spot rules

shit_for_brains

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 862
« Reply #16779 on: September 14, 2018, 03:00:09 PM »
I reported you

Andrew Allen is a living legend and must be protected.

tart.mommy

• smd
« Reply #16780 on: September 14, 2018, 03:01:11 PM »

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16781 on: September 15, 2018, 01:43:21 PM »
with my friend doing the only trick that's a real trick

tart.mommy

• smd
« Reply #16782 on: September 15, 2018, 02:07:41 PM »
hell yeah Silhouette !

battled this shit for a minute

Syhr

• Rep: 7
« Reply #16783 on: September 16, 2018, 08:07:32 AM »
Put a little part together, nothing special but was nice to put all the stuff Iíve filmed over the last few years in one place

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16784 on: September 16, 2018, 01:31:06 PM »
nice one tart.mommy, proper form. I like frontside kickflips like that on banks so much. have my very first gnar.

where was all of that filmed, Syhr? you guys got bank and DIY spots aplenty. the city looks pretty chill and nice. I liked the ender, street gaps with narrow run-ups and landings are scarier than they look on footage.

some stuff from tonight, back in my hometown for a few days

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #16785 on: September 16, 2018, 01:40:55 PM »
Love this thread and everyone's footage/spots/parks! Congrats on paldom, silhouette!

Nothing major, but hyped my friend is back on board after rolling his ankle three months ago! Also, hardflips are rare for me lol.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -483
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #16786 on: September 16, 2018, 01:51:16 PM »
Silhouette, is that an Uprise shirt you're wearing? How the hell'd you get one of those in France?

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down.

Syhr

« Reply #16787 on: September 16, 2018, 02:49:30 PM »
nice one tart.mommy, proper form. I like frontside kickflips like that on banks so much. have my very first gnar.

where was all of that filmed, Syhr? you guys got bank and DIY spots aplenty. the city looks pretty chill and nice. I liked the ender, street gaps with narrow run-ups and landings are scarier than they look on footage.

some stuff from tonight, back in my hometown for a few days

Cheers! The majority was filmed around Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Durham and Nottingham. (UK)

Theyíre all nice cities but Nottingham has more spots than the other three combined.

Also, that road gap has the worst ground and was hella narrow, probably should have found a way to demo how horrendous it was but hey ho...
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 02:51:49 PM by Syhr »

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 130
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • HI8VHS
« Reply #16788 on: September 16, 2018, 05:23:32 PM »

Been out with a knee injury for 10 weeks. Finally pulled the trigger on a lil QP sesh

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16789 on: September 16, 2018, 07:32:23 PM »
Silhouette, is that an Uprise shirt you're wearing? How the hell'd you get one of those in France?

it's two Uprise shirts and an Uprise beanie. Graham is a rad homie and just hooked me up with tons of shit (and links to Chicago vids). super impressed with the quality of the garment. I'm actually in an Uprise hoodie right now, just finished putting my Uprise beer coozie to use and am about to light one up with my Uprise lighter. I'm not kidding either. Graham's the best.

PS also my weed jar has an Uprise sticker on the lid. the one with the cityscape in flames
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 07:34:10 PM by silhouette »

handsclapanin

« Reply #16790 on: September 17, 2018, 08:39:34 AM »
Put a little part together, nothing special but was nice to put all the stuff Iíve filmed over the last few years in one place

Nice! I've got this spot I've been struggling to get this trick at with a really narrow short runway. I haven't tried it yet, but was thinking about trying to get one of my friends to push or pull me at it somehow. Nice to see that technique worked for you with that ss fs bigspin into the bank. Also, I need to put in a request. That flat gap spot near the end with all the graffiti that you 360 flipped; please utilize that bank on the sides. Ollie to bank ride, wallie over the gap, fix those cracks and skate it as a channel. Something, please.

tart.mommy

• smd
« Reply #16791 on: September 17, 2018, 09:44:23 AM »

me and my friend at our hometown park! pardon my annoying ass reaction to his line; he got it first try, that was my unfiltered stoke lol.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -483
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #16792 on: September 17, 2018, 10:09:13 AM »

it's two Uprise shirts and an Uprise beanie. Graham is a rad homie and just hooked me up with tons of shit (and links to Chicago vids). super impressed with the quality of the garment. I'm actually in an Uprise hoodie right now, just finished putting my Uprise beer coozie to use and am about to light one up with my Uprise lighter. I'm not kidding either. Graham's the best.

PS also my weed jar has an Uprise sticker on the lid. the one with the cityscape in flames
Wow you've got more Uprise shit than me and I'm a 10 minute skate away haha. That's super rad though, they definitely have some good product and I'm glad it's making its way around the globe.

tart.mommy that park looks sick! That was a nice edit, also really liked your courthouse line.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down.

tart.mommy

• smd
« Reply #16793 on: September 17, 2018, 10:15:01 AM »

Wow you've got more Uprise shit than me and I'm a 10 minute skate away haha. That's super rad though, they definitely have some good product and I'm glad it's making its way around the globe.

tart.mommy that park looks sick! That was a nice edit, also really liked your courthouse line.

thanks! courthouse is the shit, i always look forward to the weekend cause it's free roam there. yeah that park is rad! me and my friends lobbied for it for years back in the day hahahaha, all like 14 years old going to town council meetings like "we'll get in less trouble!" Lmao, and ofc we just did more stupid shit at the park

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • illinoying
« Reply #16794 on: September 17, 2018, 11:55:14 PM »
hella stoked to see talk about uprise :) last two years of my life have been incredibly harsh and skateboarding helped me through

Syhr

« Reply #16795 on: September 18, 2018, 12:47:59 AM »

Nice! I've got this spot I've been struggling to get this trick at with a really narrow short runway. I haven't tried it yet, but was thinking about trying to get one of my friends to push or pull me at it somehow. Nice to see that technique worked for you with that ss fs bigspin into the bank. Also, I need to put in a request. That flat gap spot near the end with all the graffiti that you 360 flipped; please utilize that bank on the sides. Ollie to bank ride, wallie over the gap, fix those cracks and skate it as a channel. Something, please.

A few years ago one of my friends managed to ollie the gap and wallride the side, it's at 1:09 here:

I've always wanted to ollie over to frontside wallride, but then I get there and remember how steep it actually is haha

Christopher Lambe

• Rep: -10
« Reply #16796 on: September 18, 2018, 06:38:50 AM »
"You know, if you take everything I've done in my entire life and condense it down into one day, it looks decent." George Costanza

handsclapanin

« Reply #16797 on: September 18, 2018, 08:08:55 AM »

I've always wanted to ollie over to frontside wallride, but then I get there and remember how steep it actually is haha

rad. good to know it got put to use. you can see how steep it is in your friend's clip.

handsclapanin

« Reply #16798 on: September 18, 2018, 08:18:58 AM »
hella stoked to see talk about uprise :) last two years of my life have been incredibly harsh and skateboarding helped me through

full part from Justis. This was a rad thing to watch this morning. Amazing shit!

MintySandwhich

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -155
« Reply #16799 on: September 18, 2018, 09:57:27 AM »
Holy hell, that tre flip lip!!!

-
Little dump of throwaway footy filming for my next video.