Author Topic: The Set-up Thread  (Read 4786308 times)

BraveUlysses

Re: The Set-up Thread
« Reply #5640 on: April 08, 2012, 05:54:09 PM »
Yeah I might just try a Deluxe board or Kayo since they are apparently the same wood. I'd really like to stop trying out different companies and just find one company that makes boards I like and just stick with it. So hopefully I'll find that in Deluxe and Kayo.

china white

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 5
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5641 on: April 08, 2012, 06:28:17 PM »
BraveU for what it's worth, I don't work for any skateboard companies so I don't have any specific agenda to push. The wood that deluxe/kayo uses used to be my favorite by far and seems to be regarded by many as the way to go. I concurred. That is until I started skating Hopps boards, which are Chapman. yes, occasionally boards have imperfections and irregularities, but I'd have to say that I think Chapman wood is better. Having said that, I'm pretty stoked on Magenta, which is also Generator wood (what DLX uses), and may try one next.

Wh0l3

« Reply #5642 on: April 08, 2012, 08:53:07 PM »
BraveU for what it's worth, I don't work for any skateboard companies so I don't have any specific agenda to push. The wood that deluxe/kayo uses used to be my favorite by far and seems to be regarded by many as the way to go. I concurred. That is until I started skating Hopps boards, which are Chapman. yes, occasionally boards have imperfections and irregularities, but I'd have to say that I think Chapman wood is better. Having said that, I'm pretty stoked on Magenta, which is also Generator wood (what DLX uses), and may try one next.

Yeah, Hopps made one of the better boards I've ridden. Jahmal Williams rules too. They have great art direction.

deluxe make good skateboards, just stfu

Someone's a sour Sammy!

Sorry for making fun Deluxe! Didn't know it was so personal.

Also, I have no affiliation with Fickle besides that I'm a loyal customer and think that skateboarding would be better with more companies like them in the industry. They're like 5 guys anyway, I doubt they have any money to go around.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 08:58:30 PM by Wh0l3 »

Front Crooks

« Reply #5643 on: April 09, 2012, 05:07:27 AM »
Been riding 5.0 Venture lows for about 10 years, now that I need a new set of trucks I was thinking of trying the Koston 129's...  Just hope I won't spend $50 and end up hating them.  The weight difference always steered me away from them, but that was me going off of what other people said.  I rode my friends board with Indy low's the other day, and his tail and nose seem like they go right to the ground, so manual tricks will probably be hard for a while if I do decide to change it up this time.  Why change?  Just out of curiousity... I always hear how Indy's turn the best and grind smoother.  I've heard I can't use Bones bushings with Indy low's though.

Has anybody gone from Venture low's to Indy lows, or the Kostons which are a mid-height truck?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 05:12:32 AM by Front Crooks »

Antonio_SC

• Rep: -4
    • Taste Wheels avatar image
« Reply #5644 on: April 09, 2012, 06:28:11 AM »

Yesterday was a rainy day, can't wait to try it out!

Magenta Lannon 8.5
Indy 149 with medium bones
Random bearings shields off
Blank wheels 54mm
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 06:30:09 AM by Antonio_SC »

BraveUlysses

« Reply #5645 on: April 09, 2012, 07:03:18 AM »
What other companies are chapman?

b.v.

« Reply #5646 on: April 09, 2012, 08:45:02 AM »
Zooyork,hopps,ammo,shut for sure.
A lot of companies have switched wood up recently.
I know creature went to dsm.

china white

• Rep: 5
« Reply #5647 on: April 10, 2012, 12:24:18 PM »
yes, Hopps, Shut, Ammo. I have heard different stories regarding Supreme, heard Chapman, then Generator, from different sources, so I really don't know. Also heard some of Zoo's board are Chapman, some are not. It is not unusual for large companies to use more than one wood shop, to fill all their orders. This is one reason why I prefer supporting smaller companies. 

BraveUlysses

« Reply #5648 on: April 10, 2012, 07:30:23 PM »
I never see any Hops, Ammo, or Shut boards and I don't think I would want an Ammo board anyway. I wouldn't mind trying a Zoo York though. I'm gonna try a Deluxe board first and if I'm not happy with that then I'll try a Zoo York.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #5649 on: April 10, 2012, 08:21:03 PM »
i can safely say i'll never buy a fickle board. hell, i wouldn't want to ride one in general.

i posted a picture in the put your money where your mouth is thread, but i'll repost it.
stacks board
thunder 147's with their soft replacement bushing kit minus the bottom washer on both trucks. i'm trying to gring these down to the axle as fast as possible to see how long it takes me
52mm spitfire streetburners
gravis arto's
fuck you bama

Wh0l3

« Reply #5650 on: April 11, 2012, 11:59:01 AM »
i can safely say i'll never buy a fickle board. hell, i wouldn't want to ride one in general.

why?

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #5651 on: April 11, 2012, 12:26:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

why?
your constant whoring/spamming of a fake board company nobody here cares about. the graphics look like they're sharpied on. the website is a blogspot, which is cheesy as can be. the video of a bunch of dweebs "trying" to focus the board. something about that video didn't look right and it was the fake attempts at focussing a board. you say the same recited lines about that shit. yawn.
fuck you bama

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 379
« Reply #5652 on: April 11, 2012, 01:27:00 PM »

Thank God. I thought I was the only one.

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #5653 on: April 11, 2012, 03:35:39 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Thank God. I thought I was the only one.

add me to this list

dopestghost

• Rep: -1
« Reply #5654 on: April 11, 2012, 03:44:32 PM »
put another on that list

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5655 on: April 11, 2012, 03:52:20 PM »

BraveUlysses

« Reply #5656 on: April 11, 2012, 04:00:49 PM »
Yay! Fuck Fickle

MINDFIELD

• Rep: -10
« Reply #5657 on: April 11, 2012, 07:02:08 PM »

AWS 8.18 Indy 149s Spitfires 52mm Diamond Bearings

I imagine a whore's vagina would smell like a fresh bag of Doritos

Wh0l3

« Reply #5658 on: April 11, 2012, 08:31:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

why?
[close]
your constant whoring/spamming of a fake board company nobody here cares about. the graphics look like they're sharpied on. the website is a blogspot, which is cheesy as can be. the video of a bunch of dweebs "trying" to focus the board. something about that video didn't look right and it was the fake attempts at focussing a board. you say the same recited lines about that shit. yawn.

I talk about them because no one cares about them.

They make the best skateboards I've ever ridden (sorry if this sounds like spamming, it's not supposed to be). My support for this company comes out of a hope that more people will make boards as well as they do, I don't benefit at all from posting about these guys, I'm just glad I found out about them and wanted to share my find.

I don't understand how them having a blogspot website and simple silk screened graphics would make their wood worse. I'd much rather a company focus on the actual board than the image they present.

Also that video wasn't made by them.

Not buying their skateboards to spite me is really petty...or dare I say... fickle ;).

Anyway, I'll let off.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 08:37:05 PM by Wh0l3 »

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5659 on: April 11, 2012, 09:43:10 PM »
I just went to their blogspot and it said "handmade by hand." I won't buy their boards because I don't support battology.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #5660 on: April 11, 2012, 09:48:38 PM »
petty and fickle don't mean the same thing.
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.

Wh0l3

« Reply #5661 on: April 12, 2012, 08:02:28 AM »

human dictionary over here!

ino they're not cinnamons.

Here's my setup cuz I know you guys are super interested:

Fickle 9.25" Punk Point
Indy 169's
Bones Hardcore Bushings
Reds Bearings (I think)
OJ's 56mm Wheels
Air Basedgod's
And a sassy record to make you feel bad about yourselves

oh and, yeah I haven't done boardslides on this board. I'm sure that means I suck because skateboarding is about ability, not about having fun.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 08:14:15 AM by Wh0l3 »

victor333

« Reply #5662 on: April 12, 2012, 11:51:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Fickle 9.25" Punk Point
Indy 169's
Bones Hardcore Bushings
Reds Bearings (I think)
OJ's 56mm Wheels
Air Basedgod's

oh and, yeah I haven't done boardslides on this board. I'm sure that means I suck because skateboarding is about ability, not about having fun.

correct.

skateboarding is also about not riding a board from a company called Fickle.

dopestghost

• Rep: -1
« Reply #5663 on: April 12, 2012, 12:53:19 PM »
Agreed.

Justin Brock 8.0
Thunder hi's i think
bones wheels

The board is wavvy and i am really liking the trucks and how they grind like margarine.

Strike A Pose

• Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
« Reply #5664 on: April 12, 2012, 02:29:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Fickle 9.25" Punk Point
Indy 169's
Bones Hardcore Bushings
Reds Bearings (I think)
OJ's 56mm Wheels
Air Basedgod's

This dude has the foot of a mutant.

It looks like it is made of playdoh.

+Don't you just love it when kids who can't ride a skateboard for shit try to enlighten the rest of us with their infinite wisdom?

That deck looks like trash.

Joe Pesci

« Reply #5665 on: April 12, 2012, 06:34:30 PM »
so... i got the main box with one of my friends from the texas map masquerade tour, and i have one of the habitat boards that was in there, which i was going to skate next. but after looking at it today i noticed it looked a little weird... the holes are drilled a slightly slanted, and after using a sticker and looking at the distance from the bolt holes to the edge of the board, the holes are also drilled like a centimeter off from the center.

Wh0l3

« Reply #5666 on: April 12, 2012, 07:12:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Fickle 9.25" Punk Point
Indy 169's
Bones Hardcore Bushings
Reds Bearings (I think)
OJ's 56mm Wheels
Air Basedgod's

[close]

This dude has the foot of a mutant.

It looks like it is made of playdoh.

+Don't you just love it when kids who can't ride a skateboard for shit try to enlighten the rest of us with their infinite wisdom?

That deck looks like trash.

OH SHIT HE MADE FUN OF MY BIG FEET.

Don't you just love it when corporate slaves think they're independent?

Fook Y'all

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #5667 on: April 12, 2012, 08:01:44 PM »
You're skating vans...we're all corporate slaves. Unless you're making your own shit by hand then you too have no room to talk.

Superior Chunder

• Rep: 0
« Reply #5668 on: April 12, 2012, 08:18:02 PM »
Made in China Zero 8
Indy 139
Bones STF
Reds
Mexican $lave

victor333

« Reply #5669 on: April 12, 2012, 08:41:23 PM »
so... i got the main box with one of my friends from the texas map masquerade tour, and i have one of the habitat boards that was in there, which i was going to skate next. but after looking at it today i noticed it looked a little weird... the holes are drilled a slightly slanted, and after using a sticker and looking at the distance from the bolt holes to the edge of the board, the holes are also drilled like a centimeter off from the center.

contact habitat and get a replacement if it truly is fucked