Author Topic: The Set-up Thread  (Read 4786549 times)

Wh0l3

Re: The Set-up Thread
« Reply #5670 on: April 12, 2012, 09:53:44 PM »
You're skating vans...we're all corporate slaves. Unless you're making your own shit by hand then you too have no room to talk.

all or nothing...right?

I have all the room to talk, even if I was decked out in nike and adidas.

I bought these before I knew Vans was owned by VF and that they had made old skools a lot worse.

I'm not free of corporate shit, I just do so when it's beneficial...like buying skateboards. Adidas makes great skate shoes, Busenitz are amazing, but I'm not buying them because I'm expected to do so.

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #5671 on: April 13, 2012, 12:05:06 AM »
Expand Quote
You're skating vans...we're all corporate slaves. Unless you're making your own shit by hand then you too have no room to talk.
[close]

all or nothing...right?

I bought these before I knew Vans was owned by VF and that they had made old skools a lot worse.

I'm not free of corporate shit, I just do so when it's beneficial...like buying skateboards. Adidas makes great skate shoes, Busenitz are amazing, but I'm not buying them because I'm expected to do so.

albeit the liquors just making me honest right now, but i truly find you to be lame as fuck. just stop breh. we all thought you were lame before  and you've repeatedly proved it within this thread. just give it up fam.

escapistfool

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 6
« Reply #5672 on: April 13, 2012, 01:29:17 AM »
Whol3 is

Wh0l3

« Reply #5673 on: April 13, 2012, 07:52:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

all or nothing...right?

[close]

albeit the liquors just making me honest right now, but i truly find you to be lame as fuck. just stop breh. we all thought you were lame before  and you've repeatedly proved it within this thread. just give it up fam.

loooool

the ill "just shut up dude you're not cool...god!" technique

Slap Messsage Board is my favorite fashion contest!

GUYS I just got my order from CCS! I think I can fit into the same cookie cutter molds as you guys! Finally people will think I'm cool on the Innernette.

7 Plies of pre-maturely cut wood processed in Mexico, glued together sloppily in the USA with a sticker put on it!
Wheels with the fireguy on them!
Indie Trux
Bones Super Swiss Ceramics
My Best Friend
Indoor Soccer Shoes (I can't afford skate shoes yet guys sorry!!! I'm spending way too much on broken decks!)
A Really fucking bad book (seriously it fucking sucks, this is the one thing I'm actually glad I stole)
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 08:09:39 AM by Wh0l3 »

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5674 on: April 13, 2012, 08:30:25 AM »
shut up, you dumb bitch
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

tom

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
  • the moon rules
« Reply #5675 on: April 13, 2012, 08:39:34 AM »
shut up, you dumb bitch
i like brent and BraveUlysses.
whol3 you're an annoying tryhard
fuck you bama

Wh0l3

« Reply #5676 on: April 13, 2012, 08:54:00 AM »
That's funny you think that's razor tailed, you must not ride your skateboards very hard.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #5677 on: April 13, 2012, 08:57:54 AM »
HA the tail is square, not razor-tailed my ass  ::)

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #5678 on: April 13, 2012, 08:59:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

all or nothing...right?

[close]

albeit the liquors just making me honest right now, but i truly find you to be lame as fuck. just stop breh. we all thought you were lame before ? and you've repeatedly proved it within this thread. just give it up fam.
[close]

loooool

the ill "just shut up dude you're not cool...god!" technique

Slap Messsage Board is my favorite fashion contest!

GUYS I just got my order from CCS! I think I can fit into the same cookie cutter molds as you guys! Finally people will think I'm cool on the Innernette.

7 Plies of pre-maturely cut wood processed in Mexico, glued together sloppily in the USA with a sticker put on it!
Wheels with the fireguy on them!
Indie Trux
Bones Super Swiss Ceramics
My Best Friend
Indoor Soccer Shoes (I can't afford skate shoes yet guys sorry!!! I'm spending way too much on broken decks!)
A Really fucking bad book (seriously it fucking sucks, this is the one thing I'm actually glad I stole)

other way around. get your shit right

Wh0l3

« Reply #5679 on: April 13, 2012, 09:01:24 AM »

It came with a square tail... It's a punk point.

Unless you're talking about that piece of shit krooked up top

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #5680 on: April 13, 2012, 09:03:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

well youre certainly not making me want a fickle

Wh0l3

« Reply #5681 on: April 13, 2012, 09:06:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Then don't buy krooked's or creature's either! they make punk points with square tails... because they choose to make different shapes, all of their boards fucking suck!

pandarelated

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #5682 on: April 13, 2012, 10:04:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Then don't buy krooked's or creature's either! they make punk points with square tails... because they choose to make different shapes, all of their boards fucking suck!

your just coming in tooo hard. its cool that you dig something, and think its the best. but you can't just come in all telling people the shit they like is shit. and then calling them stupid for liking the shit they like. and that they dont know anything about skateboards. no one is gonna be all. your right!
i know people who love crailtap boards. i can't stand em. but they dig em, and kill it way hard then me any day of the week.
to each there own. maybe if you came in more, "hey i got this board from these guys and im loving it. you should check em out." people might. but now you got Slap all hating on the company. so your really not helping anyone at this point. so if you actually like the guys and stuff over at fickle. maybe you should stop being a dick to everyone on slap.

DevMo!

• Rep: 2
« Reply #5683 on: April 13, 2012, 12:39:03 PM »
Good job Wh0l3, I think you successfully deterred everyone on here from trying a Fickle.

Anyways back on topic,

8.18 Low Pro (Fucking incredible!)
Ace 33's
Spitfire bighead 52's
Diamond
Jessup
Swiss

Brad Breath

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #5684 on: April 13, 2012, 04:04:08 PM »
yeah, the people at Fickle request that you not continue to be their spokesman

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #5685 on: April 13, 2012, 05:22:23 PM »
Good job Wh0l3, I think you successfully deterred everyone on here from trying a Fickle.

flapJack

• Rep: 30
  • if you want our remorse,turn your body to a corpse
« Reply #5686 on: April 13, 2012, 07:16:39 PM »
I'm usually a dlx guy, but I got my first kayo. The nose and tail are more pointy than im used to, but symmetrical nonetheless.
Dirty Ghetto Hippie

victor333

« Reply #5687 on: April 13, 2012, 09:38:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Boomhauer

• Rep: 43
  • Yep
« Reply #5688 on: April 13, 2012, 10:51:25 PM »
I think I'm going to buy a Fickle today.

Wh0l3

« Reply #5689 on: April 14, 2012, 06:34:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
HA the tail is square, not razor-tailed my ass  ::)
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

your just coming in tooo hard. its cool that you dig something, and think its the best. but you can't just come in all telling people the shit they like is shit. and then calling them stupid for liking the shit they like. and that they dont know anything about skateboards. no one is gonna be all. your right!
i know people who love crailtap boards. i can't stand em. but they dig em, and kill it way hard then me any day of the week.
to each there own. maybe if you came in more, "hey i got this board from these guys and im loving it. you should check em out." people might. but now you got Slap all hating on the company. so your really not helping anyone at this point. so if you actually like the guys and stuff over at fickle. maybe you should stop being a dick to everyone on slap.

Yea I realized that a little while ago, that's why I started trolling in an immature attempt to maintain ego.

Thanks for being decent. I guess I figured people would be on the same boat as me, eager to try shit that could be better than what's already considered good. I didn't realize people put such faith in pretty big companies, and I don't mean that condescendingly because it's exactly the same with my loyalty to Fickle, I just didn't expect people to feel the same way about Deluxe or Kayo.

I OFFICIALLY APOLOGIZE for being a dingushead, and not because I'm trying to save face for Fickle, I'm in no way related to them besides that I like their skateboards and talk to the guy who makes them every now and then.

That said, I think we could use more cats in this thread.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 06:36:46 AM by Wh0l3 »

b.v.

« Reply #5690 on: April 14, 2012, 07:51:41 AM »
The thing is Whol3, that as big as you perceive deluxe to be, they are still 100% skater owned and ran, the dudes there are fucking rad and down for skateboarding and doing great things for shops and skaters, marketed or not. Maybe they aren't a few dudes pressing boards in a shop in the middle of nowhere but it doesn't mean they aren't worth giving some money to. I love magenta,traffic,hopps,5 boro,pps etc and all the super under the radar guys too, but I don't just decide someone sucks because they have money to do things and employ a bunch of people.  

Maybe fickle boards are great for you , but to a lot of us they might not work. And most importantly we have no connection or something to relate to with this website that has hand drawn graphics. We all love Cardiel,Busenitz,max schaaf,julien,gonz and jim t. They've inspired us for years and consistently done things we back,even if sometimes the product has issues, you overlook it because they have all this other rad shit going on, and everyone is bound to put out something that didn't quite pass the qc.

Product is important, but not the only factor for me. Which is why you see so few blanks posted here. Who/what we ride is just as important as the quality you stand for. Maybe that makes us shallow, I'd like to think we have passion, much like the attitude you bring for what you back. I like being excited about the board I'm riding beyond knowing it is a sound product.  Even at 38 years of age, when I see something like the shorebreak baby with frank and julien bombing hills or the Grosso love letters to curbs or Dennis's part in cinematographer, I get excited and want to be a part of what they're doing. It feels good, and like you I want to share it.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 08:55:22 AM by b.v. »

victor333

« Reply #5691 on: April 14, 2012, 08:29:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
HA the tail is square, not razor-tailed my ass  ::)
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yea I realized that a little while ago, that's why I started trolling in an immature attempt to maintain ego.

Thanks for being decent. I guess I figured people would be on the same boat as me, eager to try shit that could be better than what's already considered good. I didn't realize people put such faith in pretty big companies, and I don't mean that condescendingly because it's exactly the same with my loyalty to Fickle, I just didn't expect people to feel the same way about Deluxe or Kayo.

I OFFICIALLY APOLOGIZE for being a dingushead, and not because I'm trying to save face for Fickle, I'm in no way related to them besides that I like their skateboards and talk to the guy who makes them every now and then.

That said, I think we could use more cats in this thread.

Too late. Might as well delete your account and get a new name, otherwise you'll forever be known as the ass-hat, fickle board dick rider.

The thing is Whol3, that as big as you perceive deluxe to be, they are still 100% skater owned and ran, the dudes there are fucking rad and down for skateboarding and doing great things for shops and skaters, marketed or not. Maybe they aren't a few dudes pressing boards in a shop in the middle of nowhere but it doesn't mean they aren't worth giving some money to. I love magenta,traffic,hopps,5 boro,pps etc and all the super under the radar guys too, but I don't just decide someone sucks because they have money to do things and employ a bunch of people.  Maybe fickle boards are great for you , but to a lot of us they might not work. And most importantly we have no connection or something to relate to with this website that has hand drawn graphics. We all love Cardiel,Busenitz,max schaaf,julien,gonz and jim t. They've inspired us for years and consistently done things we back,even if sometimes the product has issues, you overlook it because they have all this other rad shit going on, and everyone is bound to put out something that didn't quite pass the qc. Product is important, but not the only factor for me. Which is why you see so few blanks posted here. Who/what we ride is just as important as the quality you stand for. Maybe that makes us shallow, I'd like to think we have passion, much like the attitude you bring for what you back. I like being excited about the board I'm riding beyond knowing it is a sound product.  Even at 38 years of age, when I see something like the shorebreak baby with frank and julien bombing hills or the Grosso love letters to curbs or Dennis's part in cinematographer, I get excited and want to be a part of what they're doing. It feels good, and like you I want to share it.

didn't read. You really, REALLY need to learn how to format your fucking wall of text.

b.v.

« Reply #5692 on: April 14, 2012, 08:55:46 AM »
Sorry was early and ranting. Your're right, I'll work on my structure sir.
The thing is Whol3, that as big as you perceive deluxe to be, they are still 100% skater owned and ran, the dudes there are fucking rad and down for skateboarding and doing great things for shops and skaters, marketed or not. Maybe they aren't a few dudes pressing boards in a shop in the middle of nowhere but it doesn't mean they aren't worth giving some money to. I love magenta,traffic,hopps,5 boro,pps etc and all the super under the radar guys too, but I don't just decide someone sucks because they have money to do things and employ a bunch of people.  

Maybe fickle boards are great for you , but to a lot of us they might not work. And most importantly we have no connection or something to relate to with this website that has hand drawn graphics. We all love Cardiel,Busenitz,max schaaf,julien,gonz and jim t. They've inspired us for years and consistently done things we back,even if sometimes the product has issues, you overlook it because they have all this other rad shit going on, and everyone is bound to put out something that didn't quite pass the qc.

Product is important, but not the only factor for me. Which is why you see so few blanks posted here. Who/what we ride is just as important as the quality you stand for. Maybe that makes us shallow, I'd like to think we have passion, much like the attitude you bring for what you back. I like being excited about the board I'm riding beyond knowing it is a sound product.  Even at 38 years of age, when I see something like the shorebreak baby with frank and julien bombing hills or the Grosso love letters to curbs or Dennis's part in cinematographer, I get excited and want to be a part of what they're doing. It feels good, and like you I want to share it.

victor333

« Reply #5693 on: April 14, 2012, 09:11:22 AM »
Sorry was early and ranting. Your're right, I'll work on my structure sir.
Expand Quote

[close]

Better. Sure, I can agree with this

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
« Reply #5694 on: April 14, 2012, 01:32:31 PM »
I'm usually a dlx guy, but I got my first kayo. The nose and tail are more pointy than im used to, but symmetrical nonetheless.
Dirty Ghetto Hippie

lol.  Thread go so off topic.

A friend of mine rides a lot of Exp1 boards, I guess it's homey flo, and they are pointy/tapered.  I don't like the shapes at all.  I like a more blunt/round shape like the majority of AWS boards.

I was talking to a small board company owner and he likes AWS shapes as well.  He went to the woodshop and asked if any of the house shapes are similar and the woodshop guy chucked and said the majority of customers ask for AWS shapes.

dankradschwag

« Reply #5695 on: April 14, 2012, 07:08:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Dirty Ghetto Hippie

[close]

A friend of mine rides a lot of Exp1 boards, I guess it's homey flo, and they are pointy/tapered.  I don't like the shapes at all.  I like a more blunt/round shape like the majority of AWS boards.

I was talking to a small board company owner and he likes AWS shapes as well.  He went to the woodshop and asked if any of the house shapes are similar and the woodshop guy chucked and said the majority of customers ask for AWS shapes.

I had a Organika and it was real pointy and super concavy, and i really liked it a lot. definitely recommend kayo. but on the other hand i do not recommend anyone buying AWS. shit boards, shit dudes.

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #5696 on: April 14, 2012, 08:06:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dirty Ghetto Hippie

[close]

[close]

I had a Organika and it was real pointy and super concavy, and i really liked it a lot. definitely recommend kayo. but on the other hand i do not recommend anyone buying AWS. shit boards, shit dudes.

Definitely backing kayo wood, my last DGK boards were superb

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #5697 on: April 14, 2012, 08:58:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dirty Ghetto Hippie

[close]

lol.?  Thread go so off topic.

A friend of mine rides a lot of Exp1 boards, I guess it's homey flo, and they are pointy/tapered.?  I don't like the shapes at all.?  I like a more blunt/round shape like the majority of AWS boards.

I was talking to a small board company owner and he likes AWS shapes as well.?  He went to the woodshop and asked if any of the house shapes are similar and the woodshop guy chucked and said the majority of customers ask for AWS shapes.
[close]

[close]

i love kayo so much. the 8.06 shape is perfection.

flapJack

• Rep: 30
  • if you want our remorse,turn your body to a corpse
« Reply #5698 on: April 14, 2012, 09:40:32 PM »
Yeah, this ones an 8.06. I like aws/habitat, and only one of three I've had broke in a week.

Ill try most anything I can find at recovery sales. If i buy from a shop though its Roger, anti hero, or krooked. But i will say the last board i skated was a Jaws Birdhouse and it was just as good.

Good shape and good glue make a good skateboard. Team and art direction are secondary, but they still plays a big role in which decks i invest money in.

RoedGroed

• Rep: 60
« Reply #5699 on: April 16, 2012, 01:32:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dirty Ghetto Hippie

[close]

lol.?  Thread go so off topic.

A friend of mine rides a lot of Exp1 boards, I guess it's homey flo, and they are pointy/tapered.?  I don't like the shapes at all.?  I like a more blunt/round shape like the majority of AWS boards.

I was talking to a small board company owner and he likes AWS shapes as well.?  He went to the woodshop and asked if any of the house shapes are similar and the woodshop guy chucked and said the majority of customers ask for AWS shapes.
[close]

[close]

[close]

i love kayo so much. the 8.06 shape is perfection.

Kayo wood is the best wood I have skated as far back as I can remember! I have been skating strictly Kayo for the last 2 years or so! I will definitely recommend people to try it out.