Author Topic: Today I listened to...  (Read 1516382 times)

via

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 239
Re: Today I listened to...
« Reply #8400 on: April 06, 2013, 02:13:58 AM »
The Specials - Doesn't Make It Alright
Verbal Abuse - I don't need it (studio version)
The Clash - Julie's Been Working For The Drug Squad

Seriously, we get it. Everyday you listen to the most generic shit ever, then mention it in here or in the "Rate the song above you" thread.

Stop.

Sgt.Pepper

• Rep: -167
« Reply #8401 on: April 06, 2013, 12:29:31 PM »

Seriously, we get it. Everyday you listen to the most generic shit ever, then mention it in here or in the "Rate the song above you" thread.

Stop.
Ouch right in the self esteem. Good thing I got a first aid kit near by. Not sure what you consider "generic" but I wouldn't call anything I listen to that "generic" is it because it's not some stupid whiny indie hipster BS that is known by like 50 people. If you don't like it click the Ignore button buddy.
"I'd be a teenage virgin, jerking off in my bedroom
 if I wasnt a 20 year old virgin that didn't have a bedroom."

kilgore.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 313
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8402 on: April 06, 2013, 12:35:19 PM »
No holds barred, til labias say "free us"
then its straight to your kids' school, wine coolers in the Prius

BRIX SKWIKZ

« Reply #8403 on: April 06, 2013, 11:11:37 PM »
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 11:14:30 PM by BRIX SKWIKZ »

A.J.K.

« Reply #8404 on: April 08, 2013, 10:11:37 AM »
The National - Premiers New Song Heavenfaced in Berlin 2013

The National - "Demons"

Trouble Will Find Me, their new record, is going to be amazing. 

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #8405 on: April 08, 2013, 02:43:07 PM »

In all its entirety.

the first track from side A:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLr2qcCMDek

BRIX SKWIKZ

« Reply #8406 on: April 09, 2013, 06:30:00 AM »
HAS ANYBODY SKATED TO THIS IN A SK8 VIDEO?
The Jeff Beck Group - Beck's bolero

guy le douche

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 0
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8407 on: April 09, 2013, 02:11:49 PM »

via

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8408 on: April 09, 2013, 03:08:31 PM »
Expand Quote

Stop.
[close]
Ouch right in the self esteem. Good thing I got a first aid kit near by. Not sure what you consider "generic" but I wouldn't call anything I listen to that "generic" is it because it's not some stupid whiny indie hipster BS that is known by like 50 people. If you don't like it click the Ignore button buddy.

Your name is Sgt Pepper and your picture is of Bob Dylan. Generic means you touch on the tip of the iceberg of anything you delve into.

"Punk rock? Oh, yeah, I love The Clash. Minor Threat are really good too."

"Folk? Have you heard of Bob Dylan? He's pretty great."

"But you know, the best band ever are obviously The Beatles. I wasn't around when their music was socially relevant and somewhat revolutionary, so the big picture of their importance is lost on me... but plenty of people way older than me told me they were the best, so I jumped on the bandwagon."

"Horror Movies? Oh man, have you guys heard of this old guy Hitchcock? Probably not, because he's old, but man, you should totally check him out."

It's like you looked up different genres of things you're supposed to like, and attached yourself to the things you're supposed to like in them.
There wouldn't be anything wrong with liking these things individually, but every single fucking post you make is bragging about knowing about the most generic shit ever. It's not an opinion no one has heard before. No one gives a shit. It's just irritating.

Either put in a little effort and branch out from every norm you attached yourself to from watching a VH1 "I love the something: top 20 stuff" marathon, or just stop fucking posting.

Sgt.Pepper

« Reply #8409 on: April 09, 2013, 04:26:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Stop.
[close]
[close]

Your name is Sgt Pepper and your picture is of Bob Dylan. Generic means you touch on the tip of the iceberg of anything you delve into.

"But you know, the best band ever are obviously The Beatles. I wasn't around when their music was socially relevant and somewhat revolutionary, so the big picture of their importance is lost on me... but plenty of people way older than me told me they were the best, so I jumped on the bandwagon."

"Horror Movies? Oh man, have you guys heard of this old guy Hitchcock? Probably not, because he's old, but man, you should totally check him out."

It's like you looked up different genres of things you're supposed to like, and attached yourself to the things you're supposed to like in them.
There wouldn't be anything wrong with liking these things individually, but every single fucking post you make is bragging about knowing about the most generic shit ever. It's not an opinion no one has heard before. No one gives a shit. It's just irritating.

Either put in a little effort and branch out from every norm you attached yourself to from watching a VH1 "I love the something: top 20 stuff" marathon, or just stop fucking posting.

Lol well Dylan,The Clash,Minor Threat are great, don't see a problem. You act like those are the only artists in those genres I listen to. How is saying my favorite band are the beatles in anyway bandwagoning? I listened to them purely because I was sick of the crap I was hearing around me. No one told me shit about them. Well shit what's youre fav band. Did your friend show em to you, fuck guess you're a bandwagoner. Now does that make any sense. No. And again Hitchcock is probably my favorite director, so what? He made two horror films too, so what? It doesn't mean those are the only movies,horror or otherwise, I watch. In fact I'm about to watch black christmas,not that you really care but I'm stoked!Not sure what you mean by bragging? Never post anything bragging, at least not that I remember.  But I'm sure it's music related so in that case I just post what I know because I love music, it's one of my passions and I love to talk about it. I don't mean for it to come off braggy.

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #8410 on: April 09, 2013, 04:54:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Stop.
[close]
[close]

[close]
Lol well Dylan,The Clash,Minor Threat are great, don't see a problem. You act like those are the only artists in those genres I listen to. How is saying my favorite band are the beatles in anyway bandwagoning? I listened to them purely because I was sick of the crap I was hearing around me. No one told me shit about them. Well shit what's youre fav band. Did your friend show em to you, fuck guess you're a bandwagoner. Now does that make any sense. No. And again Hitchcock is probably my favorite director, so what? He made two horror films too, so what? It doesn't mean those are the only movies,horror or otherwise, I watch. In fact I'm about to watch black christmas,not that you really care but I'm stoked!Not sure what you mean by bragging? Never post anything bragging, at least not that I remember.  But I'm sure it's music related so in that case I just post what I know because I love music, it's one of my passions and I love to talk about it. I don't mean for it to come off braggy.

dude, for the love of god, please shut the fuck up. you just proved Via's point with your response.

you are the definition of generic "beginner" hipster yet you are so clueless that you think your tastes are unique or something.

it's like you're into everything that is considered "cool" to like. we get it.

also, stop fucking posting 3 songs per post on here because you ruin it for others when they want to post their own stuff (each thread on slap has a 30 youtube links per page limit. if you post 3-4 songs and make multiple posts per page, then you hogged up like half the youtube vids. quit being such a fucktard already.)

you seem like a decent guy, but you are such a raging-dork. god damn.

dillanharp

Sgt.Pepper

« Reply #8412 on: April 09, 2013, 05:16:57 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Stop.
[close]
[close]

[close]
Lol well Dylan,The Clash,Minor Threat are great, don't see a problem. You act like those are the only artists in those genres I listen to. How is saying my favorite band are the beatles in anyway bandwagoning? I listened to them purely because I was sick of the crap I was hearing around me. No one told me shit about them. Well shit what's youre fav band. Did your friend show em to you, fuck guess you're a bandwagoner. Now does that make any sense. No. And again Hitchcock is probably my favorite director, so what? He made two horror films too, so what? It doesn't mean those are the only movies,horror or otherwise, I watch. In fact I'm about to watch black christmas,not that you really care but I'm stoked!Not sure what you mean by bragging? Never post anything bragging, at least not that I remember.?  But I'm sure it's music related so in that case I just post what I know because I love music, it's one of my passions and I love to talk about it. I don't mean for it to come off braggy.
[close]

dude, for the love of god, please shut the fuck up. you just proved Via's point with your response.

you are the definition of generic "beginner" hipster yet you are so clueless that you think your tastes are unique or something.

it's like you're into everything that is considered "cool" to like. we get it.

also, stop fucking posting 3 songs per post on here because you ruin it for others when they want to post their own stuff (each thread on slap has a 30 youtube links per page limit. if you post 3-4 songs and make multiple posts per page, then you hogged up like half the youtube vids. quit being such a fucktard already.)

you seem like a decent guy, but you are such a raging-dork. god damn.
You just can't win on Slap can you?

via

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8413 on: April 09, 2013, 05:19:17 PM »
All I'm saying is broaden your horizons beyond what you know if safe to like. Step outside of the comfort zone of what people told you to like, and  maybe you will find things that are better than what you think you're supposed to like.

It's ok if you say "I think this band is awesome!" and someone else says "Dude, that band is fucking terrible." Stop playing it safe and trying to look like some music aficionado while saying your favorite bands are the ones that are the most obvious.

I'm actually trying to help.

Unless, of course, you just are that generic of a person. Which is ok, I guess. It seems kinda bleak.

But mostly I just want you to stop posting terrible shit on SLAP. You do that by either stepping off the beaten path and discovering something interesting to talk about/post, or just stop posting all together.

I'd actually be happy if it were the former. But I'll take the latter.

Rusty Shackleford

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • you know about goretex?

Bliz

• Rep: -35
« Reply #8415 on: April 10, 2013, 02:48:35 PM »
Fallout boy
Panic at the disco
Gucci Mane
Biggie
Mercyful Fate
Black Sabbath
We the Kings
Curren$y

A.J.K.

« Reply #8416 on: April 11, 2013, 11:54:48 AM »
All I'm saying is broaden your horizons beyond what you know if safe to like. Step outside of the comfort zone of what people told you to like, and  maybe you will find things that are better than what you think you're supposed to like.
Sgt. Pepper, take Via's advice.  There is way too much amazing music out there (both new and old) to limit yourself to the most popular or widely enjoyed band or performer in a given genre.  You remind of someone who claims their favourite skater is Cardiel.  Like yeah, we all respect the dude, but open your eyes to all the rad people (or in your case music) currently out there and stop trying to appear more mature or sophisticated in what you like.

I'm guessing you're fairly young, so do yourself a favour and try and outgrow this awkward stage of trying to find what you like sooner and develop a more unique and personal taste. 

Anyway, lately all I post in here is stuff by The National, but another new single came out today so fuck it.
The National - "Don't Swallow the Cap"

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #8417 on: April 11, 2013, 06:05:45 PM »

dankradschwag

« Reply #8418 on: April 11, 2013, 08:53:29 PM »
Talkin' Smart by Project Pat, seriously, you'll laugh your ass off during Pat's verse.

Also this Sgt. Pepper's kid is blowing it as usual.

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #8419 on: April 12, 2013, 12:08:29 PM »
So I think U2 Sucks - but I heard this song a little while ago and really liked it:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXYy_KCaPfE
So I looked into it and found this super interesting:

The non-album single was produced by Martin Hannett, renowned for his work with Joy Division, a band influential to U2. The band first met Hannett while he was producing "Love Will Tear Us Apart" with Joy Division, where U2 were silent studio onlookers during the session.

So then Ian Curtis kils himself - bumming out Hannett so much he doesn't go on to produce U2's first album. I just wonder how much of a ripple effect this had on how U2 turned out...

via

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8420 on: April 12, 2013, 12:28:52 PM »
^ That's pretty crazy. Got a link to where you read it from?

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #8421 on: April 13, 2013, 08:44:28 AM »
early U2 is the shit. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #8422 on: April 13, 2013, 08:53:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Stop.
[close]
[close]

Haha, what? Perhaps the dumbest thing ever said.

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #8423 on: April 13, 2013, 09:02:25 AM »
For a long time I just associated Springsteen with the 1980s and synthesizers, but been listening to his folk stuff lately The Nebraska album is awesome.

Highway Patrolman Bruce Springsteen

_aminal

• Rep: -8
  • win some, lose most.
« Reply #8424 on: April 13, 2013, 05:22:11 PM »
glad to have found this on youtube
I wish I could guitar...

J.J. Cale - 1976 Album: Troubadour

Ed's impossibles are like gonzs kickflips....

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #8426 on: April 14, 2013, 03:56:42 AM »
Can someone tell me some artists with the same vibes/sound as this?

El Guincho - Palmitos Park
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

JABRONI

• Rep: 43
« Reply #8427 on: April 14, 2013, 01:14:13 PM »
Ah, greetings, greetings, and salutations. I beg your forgiveness. My tardiness was unavoidable. Rava, my love. Elaine, my dear friend.. And you must be Jerry. Lord of the manor. Ah, my liege. A pleasure to serve you.

Omamori

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -128
« Reply #8428 on: April 14, 2013, 08:52:50 PM »
I usually cannot listen to songs of this length but this ranks one of my favorite pieces of music of all time

Non - Embers

MuchasGracias

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
« Reply #8429 on: April 15, 2013, 02:50:12 AM »
Bumped this all day.

Sublime - Sublime (Full Album)