Author Topic: Today I listened to...  (Read 935851 times)

Rusty_Berrings

Re: Today I listened to...
« Reply #9750 on: April 25, 2015, 08:48:48 PM »
Anyone that's seen the movie "Woodstock" will be familiar with the Canned Heat version of this 1927 classic. Pretty fuckin stoked to find this, never knew it was a cover.

stiflersmom

• Rep: -14
« Reply #9751 on: April 26, 2015, 05:02:52 AM »
coil - the ape of naples  :'(

shark tits

« Reply #9752 on: April 26, 2015, 05:16:13 PM »
i dug the sophie b hawkins slowed down on bronze, glad to find the actual song.

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 50
« Reply #9753 on: April 26, 2015, 07:00:12 PM »
I've been posting in here a lot lately...

shark tits

« Reply #9754 on: April 26, 2015, 07:02:36 PM »
always liked capn jazz's take on take on me

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 50
« Reply #9755 on: April 26, 2015, 07:25:47 PM »
always liked capn jazz's take on take on me
Shark tits, I really like to gnar you whenever I have the opportunity but I just can't do it this time. 69 is too perfect.

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 627
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #9756 on: April 28, 2015, 05:05:09 PM »

cant stop jamming this.

abudabi

« Reply #9757 on: April 28, 2015, 05:13:36 PM »
Anyone that's seen the movie "Woodstock" will be familiar with the Canned Heat version of this 1927 classic. Pretty fuckin stoked to find this, never knew it was a cover.

ha, that is sick. i didnt know that either. i like this one a lot better. ive actually heard another song from this guy on a folk anthology that is pretty killer, here

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #9758 on: April 28, 2015, 06:10:20 PM »

ha, that is sick. i didnt know that either. i like this one a lot better. ive actually heard another song from this guy on a folk anthology that is pretty killer, here
Hell yeh Taj Mahal does that one. I haven't made it through all the American Folk Antologies yet but there's definitely some *at least* funny shit on it that influences all the 60's music.

abudabi

« Reply #9759 on: April 28, 2015, 08:00:16 PM »
me too actually, i kinda blew it and stopped paying attention to which songs i hadnt heard yet. gotta finish that.
ive heard harry smith's anthology was more or less responsible for the folk revival, pretty crazy.

WeirdBeach

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #9760 on: May 04, 2015, 10:03:57 AM »
The first forum I joined was a mars volta forum back when I was 18. I was so obsessed with that band that it became almost too much for me to handle. I spent so much time trying to learn about their music and the meaning of the lyrics and it became so exhausting. After that phase I got into gangsta rap because I felt like it was the furthest thing from the mars volta.

Great story right?
whoa! Which forum? The Comatorium? I was a mod on that board. I use to hangout with Anton,Katieahhh and noisE.
weirdbeach.tumblr.com   

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9761 on: May 04, 2015, 12:33:03 PM »
The first forum I joined was a mars volta forum back when I was 18. I was so obsessed with that band that it became almost too much for me to handle. I spent so much time trying to learn about their music and the meaning of the lyrics and it became so exhausting. After that phase I got into gangsta rap because I felt like it was the furthest thing from the mars volta.

Great story right?
whoa! Which forum? The Comatorium? I was a mod on that board. I use to hangout with Anton,Katieahhh and noisE.

yep, that was the one. back in like 06-07. i dont even remember my username, but my posts were even more forgettable and underwhelming that my posts here.

shark tits

« Reply #9762 on: May 04, 2015, 12:48:38 PM »
song about jilling off [w/ a crucifix?].

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9763 on: May 04, 2015, 07:19:18 PM »

been trying to get more into soul and funk lately because im pretty unfamiliar with that stuff. i keep picking up albums from the record store from artists that ive heard of, but dont really know enough to know if its a good album or not and its been about 50% good, 50% not so good so far. today i blindly bought this temptations album because i didnt have any of there stuff and i thought this one had the dopest cover. i didnt get a chance to listen to it right when i got home, so i looked it up online to kind of get an idea of what to expect and it was sitting dead last on a "best temptations albums" list so i was a little bummed that i hadnt really looked into it before i bought it, but im listening to it right now and its really sick. real funky, not really any corny disco shit that a lot of these 70s records tend to have. definitely one of my better album purchases lately.

bea!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #9764 on: May 04, 2015, 08:53:50 PM »
That Mother interview reminding me how much I love Alex Chilton.  Slop rock at it's finest

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9765 on: May 06, 2015, 12:15:44 PM »
i guess this album just came out yesterday. never heard of them, but im really digging their music.

shark tits

« Reply #9766 on: May 06, 2015, 07:28:19 PM »

bottom feeder

• Rep: -1
« Reply #9767 on: May 07, 2015, 08:00:12 AM »
i guess this album just came out yesterday. never heard of them, but im really digging their music.

Yes!  didn't know this was out already - the first album was great.  Nice one for the heads up JB

Man

« Reply #9768 on: May 08, 2015, 01:01:17 AM »

BBQ_Streisand

« Reply #9769 on: May 08, 2015, 04:23:56 AM »
Saw an Alex G song posted earlier which reminded me of this compilation

http://orchidtapes.bandcamp.com/album/boring-ecstasy-the-bedroom-pop-of-orchid-tapes

Second song is easily my favourite song of his. The rest is pretty cool too. Great label overall and worth the support if you can spare a dime. Got the LP version which came with a custom scent on the sleeve and some photo inside. Kinda cool I guess..

bea!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9770 on: May 08, 2015, 08:16:34 AM »

goddamnit... i regretably sold this LP awhile back during a 'i'm broke and anything worth $ needs to go'.  it was post-Jay's passing and I think I got over $100 for it.  Jay Reatard does not get enough talk on this board (neither does eric o or king louie).

this kind of morning:

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #9771 on: May 08, 2015, 04:44:28 PM »

goddamnit... i regretably sold this LP awhile back during a 'i'm broke and anything worth $ needs to go'.  it was post-Jay's passing and I think I got over $100 for it.  Jay Reatard does not get enough talk on this board (neither does eric o or king louie).

this kind of morning:

When you listen to chick singers do you find yourself thinking about dominating them and becoming the alpha male as you listen? Does it give you great power doing so? I don't dislike chick singers or anything you just caught me off guard with all dat. And no I don't think about Bob Dylan fucking me or anything like that when I listen to his epic verses. Bob Dylan, best emcee around. Bob Allah.

bea!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9772 on: May 08, 2015, 09:51:49 PM »

this kind of morning:

When you listen to chick singers do you find yourself thinking about dominating them and becoming the alpha male as you listen? Does it give you great power doing so? I don't dislike chick singers or anything you just caught me off guard with all dat. And no I don't think about Bob Dylan fucking me or anything like that when I listen to his epic verses. Bob Dylan, best emcee around. Bob Allah.

whoa... dominate?  no.  i would be lying if I didn't admit I have weird fantasy's of having Austin Powers-esque orgies with all kinds of 60's mod babes with beehive hairdoos when I listen to this kind of stuff....or just meeting an awesome girl who digs this stuff at all would be awesome as well.

60's girl groups are where it's at

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #9773 on: May 09, 2015, 12:54:37 AM »
"Out in the Streets" gets my vote for best pop song ever.

tumulishoomaroom

• Rep: 38
« Reply #9774 on: May 09, 2015, 04:30:30 PM »

Very straightforward stoner rock, always cool when it's damn hot outside.

Rusty_Berrings

« Reply #9775 on: May 09, 2015, 05:21:36 PM »
And to think I always thought this was the stuff they put in robitussin.

Edit: If this one isn't doing it for you just imagine George W Bushg dancing around to it.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 05:25:50 PM by Rusty_Berrings »

YoungJanitor

• Rep: 0
« Reply #9776 on: May 10, 2015, 09:12:54 AM »
Been bumpin this track on repeat:https://soundcloud.com/vice/dj-smokeys-i-can-get-ignorant-part-2

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #9777 on: May 10, 2015, 08:41:12 PM »

Rafiki

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -48
« Reply #9778 on: May 11, 2015, 06:50:00 AM »

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal