Author Topic: Sony Mini DV Camera Problem  (Read 1298 times)

grimcity

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Sony Mini DV Camera Problem
« on: April 21, 2007, 08:36:37 AM »
I have a Sony trv-950 that's been kicking ass up until recently... for the past few weeks I've been getting some really weird shit from it.

When I play back my footage either in camera, or from a transfer onto hard disc, the footage has 5 horizontal bars going across it, separated by 5 horizontal bars of crisp footage. The bars on top of the footage are a mix of colors and disappearing/reappearing blocks of pixels. Anyone know if that's an issue with the chips, ribbon cable, or anything else? It's not the tape, as I've tried a number of them, all with the same issue.

defiantnate

Re: Sony Mini DV Camera Problem
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 08:51:44 AM »
I have a VX-2000 I havent used in a year cause it turned into a Glitch-fest!

I even sent it back cuz I had a warranty, and when I got it back, it only works right for 3 days, then went right back to the same shit.

Now the warranty is up, and I have a 3000 dollar piece of shit.

I don't know what to tell you, maybe just get a professional cleaning. Do you have a head cleaner for the camera?

grimcity

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 08:54:03 AM »
I haven't run the cleaner in it yet, mainly because the camera is usually kept in a  dust free environment at work... I'll run one and see if it helps out.

defiantnate

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 08:56:57 AM »
That might do it...

If not, get it looked at (and don't wait on it).

grimcity

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 09:08:18 AM »
Yeah, will do. Thanks man.

somekid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 09:30:25 AM »
you probably already know this, but after you get your camera cleaned-PICK A BRAND Of TAPE AND STICK WITH IT!!! (preferably sonys) different tape brands will gunk your shit up, which can result in the problem you've described...

grimcity

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 10:51:23 AM »
Funny you say that somekid... I had been using Sony exclusively for most of the time I've had the camera (a little over 3 years now, I think)... I hadn't used anything but sony up until the last year, when I started picking up Maxells in bulk packages at a place nearby, for no other reason than the store was convenient and they didn't carry Sony.

Thanks, both of you. I'm cleaning it tonight and getting some proper tapes... my mind is a bit more at ease now.

Ataturk

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 01:45:25 PM »
iff youre have-ing gunk-ey builldup perhapps itis a timefor use-ing som bio-deiesel fore lube-recatioun?

you sea:

"biodiesel will actually help clean the fuel system.  Because it is a good solvent, it can remove deposits and buildup from tanks, lines, pumps and other fuel system components."

(aha i cut=and-paste fore wee all knowe that my engelish is not as goode as allthat aboove.)

mikefork

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2007, 04:38:11 PM »
don't forget to put the tapes back inside the case after you use them. you can still get the tapes fucked up when they are in the case so put them in a shoebox or something similar when they aren't in use

hamhead

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -8
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2007, 06:00:48 PM »
again, what they all said. it's most likely dirty heads. run that cleaner tape. stick with one tape brand, and turn your camera on and film something (even 5 seconds of your wall) at least every 2 weeks. camcorders will start goin haywire if they don't get used for too long.

hamhead

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -8
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2007, 06:05:20 PM »
don't forget to put the tapes back inside the case after you use them. you can still get the tapes fucked up when they are in the case so put them in a shoebox or something similar when they aren't in use

Store them somewhere with no moister, at room tempurature, and store them vertically. Rewind them to the very beginning when you store them, and don't leave them for more then a year without playing them. Just fast forward them till the end, then rewind the till the beginning again. And don't drop them.

akimpy0b

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2007, 10:10:15 PM »
the tape is probalby messed up it happesn to me sometimes its annoying ...try running a tape cleaner.