Author Topic: MONEY LEECHING SCAMMERS  (Read 1636 times)

bornindabay

MONEY LEECHING SCAMMERS
« on: April 03, 2007, 08:01:11 PM »
Have you ever heard of a company named "MKM Acquisitions LLC"? They are the bottom feeding roaches of this earth. Everytime I get money or spend it I get a different letter from these leeches saying I owe them. The first one was in 01 after sight Unseen. I had a little doe for the first time in years. Out of the blue  a letter came saying I owed $900 bucks  for a Bank of America overdraft??? I was stumped cause I didn't have a BofA account in 10 years! I called BofA and they said they didn't have any record of anything owed. They kept sending me letters and like a dumbass I sent them the money. WHAT WAS I THINKING??? Anyways, just got a job and spent amost $1000 on tools. What do you know, guess who comes a knocking??? The leeches. With the same shit... BofA overdraft bullshit. this time it's for less but I refuse to pay this bullshit. I heard they buy debts and can fuck with your credit. Any advise? Has this happened to anyone, and what can I do to save MY credit. I hate these cockroaches!

fumblebag

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -2
  • Gesundheit
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: MONEY LEECHING SCAMMERS
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 08:05:42 PM »
I'm so sorry to hear that.

I make it a point to shred all my financial documents before I trash 'em, even the credit card offers I get sent.  You never know who wants to use your shit.

best of luck.  if I hear anything regarding this type of stuff, I'll PM you.
p.s. i do that in the bath sometimes. its fun to do it when you have a woody allen. when you open your legs up, your stick goes straight up, as if it wants to go to heaven.  - quote from guess who.

bornindabay

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 08:08:48 PM »
Thanks man. just so frustrating. I know I don't owe shit. My credit should be clean as a whistle. The first time in my life I get something and some lazy piece of shit wants my prize. Sorry for venting.

fumblebag

• Gesundheit
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 08:15:07 PM »
If I were you, I'd go to freecreditreport.com

I know it's on TV and whatnot, but that's where you can really see your full credit report, your score, etc.  Go on there, check EVERYthing to make sure it pans out, and if there's any problems whatsoever, write them down and contact the credit bureaus (Equifax, Experian, whatever).

Those are the legit guys, they should be able to help you.
p.s. i do that in the bath sometimes. its fun to do it when you have a woody allen. when you open your legs up, your stick goes straight up, as if it wants to go to heaven.  - quote from guess who.

fumblebag

• Gesundheit
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 08:19:49 PM »
Sorry, make that www.annualcreditreport.com

It's better 'cause it uses three different bureaus.  I think www.freecreditreport.com only uses Experian.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 08:38:50 PM »
Yo Sanch, check this (all relate to MKM, it seems that they're notorious):
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff86739.htm
http://www.budhibbs.com/bottom.htm
http://creditboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14554

It looks like they bought out your debt, but it doesn't look like they have any legal grounds to make you pay shit.

fumblebag

• Gesundheit
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 08:47:45 PM »
they're probably just relying on scare tactics (not the show), in hopes that people will pay up.

sebastian toombs

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 08:51:35 PM »
i would totally second rt's second post.  go to the credit people and get a report...  everyone should do it every few years.

bornindabay

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 09:44:27 PM »
thanks guys! Hey Grim, that last link is the exact same thing I got...

Well isn't it nice to receive such a mailing today from MKM. They are trying to collect a B of A overdraft from 1997. Uhm I believe they are desperate. If I'm right Calif law regarding SOL is 4 years. So bug off MKM your getting a C & D from me. :evil:

"Please be advised that MKM Acquisitions LLC has purchased the above referenced account. All payments or questions about this account should be directed to us in writing using the postage paid return envelope provided and or by calling us at the telephone above."

MKM Acquisitions LLC is not a collection agency

bornindabay

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 09:51:19 PM »
Not sure what he means by C&D but imagine that's certified and delivered.

I'll just try my hardest to sound lawyerish and mention Statute of Limitations and send it certified.

Fucking scumbags! I was just too high in 01 to realize it was a scam. I'm regular.

Mr. Emotions!

• Rep: 0
  • <3333333
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 11:11:08 PM »
 :o :o :o

Stand and Deliver

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2007, 10:12:06 AM »
Not sure what he means by C&D but imagine that's certified and delivered.

I think C&D means "cease and desist".

bornindabay

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2007, 12:39:41 PM »
but doesn't that usually mean they are making a copyrighted product. Maybe it can apply.  ???

sebastian toombs

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2007, 01:17:47 PM »
a cease and desist order is legalese for "stop doing that or i will sic lawyers on you".   in this case, cease and desist in contacting me about a non-existent debt, or i will sic my lawyers on you for harassment, trespass, etc.

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2007, 04:17:36 PM »
Hire an attorney and sue.
One of my favorite lines is the one of spiked meth drnewton does off of lou pearlmans viarga and toddler-blood induced erection that finally puts that bitch 6 feet deep.

reaganomics

• Rep: 0
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2007, 05:23:13 PM »