Author Topic: wheel help  (Read 1124 times)

akimpy0b

wheel help
« on: April 07, 2007, 12:14:13 AM »
aite im getting new wheels and im just wondering what wheels last the longest without getting flat spots cause i do alot of powerslides. name a few.

grimcity

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: wheel help
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 11:56:00 AM »
Autobahn... good sturdy urethane with a nice slip to grip ratio.

Bones Street Formulas (STF)... super good slides, hard to flatspot, but if you do, you can actually "ride out" the flatspot and get them round again.

Bones Skatepark Formulas (SPF)... same resistance/recovery from flattys, but with more grip than the STFs.

On the negative side:
I have yet to own one pair of spitfires that has lasted longer than two weeks without having huge flatspots.

But the worst by far... Popwar has some wheels that are guarunteed not to flatspot... I picked some up and in less than an hour they were practically unusable (I do a lot of reverts on concrete transition). Anyway, I tried a second set, and by the next day they were crapped out. On the plus side, they'll send you new ones for free if you mail them in, but the formula they're using is crap. I don't know of they still market them or not.

syn

• Rep: 5
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 06:37:01 PM »
Rictas are pretty nice. Just go for the normal wheels, no aircore gimmicky stuff
Skateboarding has already been bought, sold, packaged and sailed down the river. We were just too busy being cool to notice - Vibetek

mikefork

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 06:39:17 PM »
Autobahn... good sturdy urethane with a nice slip to grip ratio.

the factory that makes them also makes satori and teenage runaway wheels so those three are good. i am going to continue to back spitfire and hubba mostly though

al boo boo

• Rep: -45
  • Put some D'z on that bitch!
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 06:50:00 PM »
spits die too quick..ima try some hubbs.

cahl

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 10:47:37 PM »
spits die too quick..ima try some hubbs.

hubbs are just as bad