Author Topic: ROB WELSH APPRECIATION  (Read 16098 times)

jonny

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
  • Mariano - Switch Backside Tail
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
ROB WELSH APPRECIATION
« on: April 13, 2007, 10:09:54 PM »

Interview for 48blocks
Free Your Mind part
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Ryde or DIE part
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

Rob Welsh has been killing for a minute now. His style is smooooth and lanky and major POP. He can practically do any flip in flip out shit you can think of and more. This guy has been overdue for a shoe and deserves one more then any pro out there.  I'm def. excited to see what he can come up with in the Lakai flick.

Let the appreciation begin....
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 10:12:42 PM by deaner »
What are you lookin' at? You're all a bunch of fuckin' assholes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be. You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers, and say "that's the bad guy." So, what'll that make you? Good? You're not good.

Edward Penishands

Re: WELSH APPRECIATION
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 10:14:37 PM »

<a href="http://www.48blocks.com/robwelsh/">Interview for 48blocks</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6KNoIQyCNk">Free Your Mind part</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4txZNeGmkzc">Ryde or DIE part</a>

Rob Welsh has been killing for a minute now. His style is smooooth and lanky and major POP. He can practically do any flip in flip out shit you can think of and more. This guy has been overdue for a shoe and deserves one more then any pro out there.  I'm def. excited to see what he can come up with in the Lakai flick.

lets be realistic....................

jonny

• Mariano - Switch Backside Tail
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 10:16:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Rob Welsh has been killing for a minute now. His style is smooooth and lanky and major POP. He can practically do any flip in flip out shit you can think of and more. This guy has been overdue for a shoe and deserves one more then any pro out there.  I'm def. excited to see what he can come up with in the Lakai flick.

[close]

lets be realistic....................

i think the guy has payed his dues and is long over due
What are you lookin' at? You're all a bunch of fuckin' assholes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be. You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your fuckin' fingers, and say "that's the bad guy." So, what'll that make you? Good? You're not good.

hairyarmpit

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 10:29:08 PM »
i wouldnt question his shoe if he had one

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 10:29:33 PM »
the idea behind signature shoes is that they are suppose to sell well....it's not like a merit badge or a pocket watch....

Alexactly

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • RIP
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 10:49:51 PM »
But a name rarely moves a shoe.

eight oh eight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 10:55:56 PM »
48 Blocks: What were the factors in your decision to move from SF to AZ?

Rob: I just got burnt, you know...I was here for over a decade. It started slow, but the City just isn't what it was. I love this city, it's great...but when Embarcadero got taken out, one of the major reasons I moved here was mangled. Then the next thing was Union Square, Black Rock, and Brown Marble....then the Pier, then me, then everything. It just sucked...I couldn't get motivated. I just started going on trips...skate trips. With my knee, I took a whole year off; I was like "I don't ever wanna have to deal with this again." I didn't even touch a board for a whole year. About three months down the line, my buddy dies. It was just vicious, then five months down the line you're so board that you hit the bottle. I always had skating in mind, then I started going on trips with Lakai...just trying to get back on the horse. When I did start skating again the only option was to go down to the Island. We'd skate from our house and have great time, bomb a couple hills, make our way down to Market street, hit a little spot and skate it for a second; then you'd get to the Island and play all your friends in skate then it's like, "what do I do now?" Then you're trying to not drink cause you gotta film and it's 5:30 and you're like, "hmmmnn lets go get pizza." So my life became like Groundhog's Day, it was like bad news. So I went on the trip to Arizona and thought "damn, these parks are sick" and I met a girl...I really started getting excited again. It was a nice little change. I'm not saying I'm never gonna live here again, I love this city but for right now Arizona is probably the best thing for me. I did one summer and I'll probably do another one, we'll see.

damn....

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 11:00:43 PM »
christ

bornindabay

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2007, 11:01:46 PM »
Rob has a name and skills. Dude has never put out anything whack. He's butta.

Btw, thanks Leland for the shout!

ABG442

• Rep: 5
  • QC lovin'
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2007, 11:25:31 PM »
Welsh has a great and unique style. He's dope.

tag_king

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2007, 11:30:44 PM »
Rob has a name and skills. Dude has never put out anything whack. He's butta.

Btw, thanks Leland for the shout!

sanch, who you backing in mlb this year?

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2007, 11:38:16 PM »
there's only one john olerud

bornindabay

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2007, 11:45:07 PM »
Haven't watched any games this year. The Jays and Twins(2 headed monster) mainly. I like underdog teams. I loved the Twins last
year cause Liriano shut everyone down. I think had he not got injured near the end of the season he would have easily been your cy young winner,
but his teammate(Santana) easily deserved it as well. I think if the Twins fill in a few gaps they'll be unstopable simply cause there 1-2
will be the most feared in the playoffs. I mean who really wants to see the Twins for game 1 and 2 if you gotta face Santana and Liriano?
Best pitchers in baseball period. I'd like to be a Giants fan but I'm just waiting for the "cheater" to leave so they can afford some more
players. Dude's ego is bigger than the planet and they cater way to much to him. People blamed Kent for what happened between him
and Bonds but has any other star coexisted with Barry in recent years?Btw, he did not get along with AJ either. He can sell tickets but
sure aint helping em in the post.

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2007, 11:47:15 PM »
Jays haven't been exciting since the Carter home run. Last time I went for a free game I passed out, my beer poured all over my lap, and my foot fell from hanging into some kid's pop corn.

I love baseball, but I need another reason to love the MLB again.

bornindabay

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2007, 11:49:46 PM »
Jays haven't been exciting since the Carter home run. Last time I went for a free game I passed out, my beer poured all over my lap, and my foot fell from hanging into some kid's pop corn.

I personally think it's funner to play. I like watching key matchups and following what's what. Fantasy baseball is the shit! I made it to the finals my first time playing but Liriano was injured and it screwed me up.

tag_king

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2007, 12:01:43 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I personally think it's funner to play. I like watching key matchups and following what's what. Fantasy baseball is the shit! I made it to the finals my first time playing but Liriano was injured and it screwed me up.

jays got a pretty exciting team guys.. like they have the same talent from last year, plus some real gimmics... like frank thomas, guy has seen his day, but first homer of the season, grand slam? and towers, as a jays fan I hate to say it, but as soon as he shows any promise I actually somewhat enjoy watching him choke, but at the same time, would love to see him pitch one decent game so he doesn't go down in the history books as most back and forth between the minors and majors.

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2007, 12:15:07 AM »
It's like basketball. Pro leagues are trying to flush in as much flare as possible, when you know for a fact it was better in the 90's.

Everyone was friends, nobody had a back story to carry themselves, no shit talking, and it was actually focused on competition.

Now, I try to sit in a stadium with a $9 beer, watching the super extreme hyper vision do play by play promo's about some person's flamboyant career away from baseball.

I guess the same goes with any game ala skateboarding.

bornindabay

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2007, 12:26:20 AM »
Baseball is dying cause it's so fucking tough to make it to the bigs. The best highschool baseball athletes are also football and basketball players. So when it's time to pick it's never usually baseball. This is why you never see pure athletes with size and muscle like your Jeters and A Rods. Always the slow dudes who can't play those other sports.

isaac

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2007, 12:38:43 AM »
Looking forward to hitting up a Giants game this year. Couldn't give a fuck about Bonds, I just love being at the park and getting into the game.

As for Welsh, the dude is damn good, damn damn good. Always look forward to one of his parts and I can't wait to see what shit he's going to pull out with Fully Flaired.

bornindabay

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2007, 12:38:57 AM »
Brawler, I'd actually say that baseball has progressed due to arm exercises and technology. Now they know exactly what muscles do what. Also, they know more about how to utilize pitchers and keep them fresh. Everyone plays and trains year round so it's harder and throwing muscles are more fierce than ever. I look back at Nolan Ryan, Gywnn, Schmidt, and Rose and it's hard to measure up to those characters but we're seeing it happen now. A Rod is on pace to be the best ever when his career is done, Barry's about to cheat his way in the history books, and Greg Maddux is still milking it and striking people out with 80mph heat?!?! There's a ton of kids in the minors who could hit 95+ but have control issues. The scout who played with me hit 95 in games I played. You could hear the snappers loud and crisp in centerfield. Back in the day he would have pro. The thing is, in my opinion, you bring Hank or Ruth into this generation of training/preparation and forget about it, they are still the greatest ever.

60ticketatsaveon

• Rep: -7
  • i hate rain
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2007, 01:03:56 AM »
find me his telfords and give them to me now...size 9

picklesickshuv-it

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2007, 01:24:11 AM »
find me his telfords and give them to me now...size 9
pacific drive

sammyjones

• Rep: -14
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2007, 04:03:16 AM »

Who does britney?

natenola

• Rep: 3
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2007, 06:32:55 AM »
Saw him a couple of times when i was in Frisco seemed like a nice guy, did a sick line at three up three down. Started with a cab up the three.

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2007, 10:27:00 AM »
who got it better than me?
rob welsh in the club rollin' vip
sick tricks, thick rims, fat rocks i got em
shinin' like a superstar from top to bottom
if you need a sugadaddy baby i'm the mack
if you need an aesthetics deck holla back because i got a whole stack

HCSGLBC562

• Rep: -13
    • Fagspace avatar image
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2007, 10:52:34 AM »
Who ever said Welsh doesnt deserve a shoe is a fucking moron... Basically yes it is like a merit badge, and guranteed its not going to be a vulcanized rip off of some thing like 95 percent of shoes today

muckles

• Rep: -29
  • RAZORSHARPCREW
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2007, 11:15:36 AM »
Wu Welsh definetly has proven his skills to deserve a pro model shoe.
Always putting out steezy tech footy.
<src img=http://forums.clubrsx.com/customavatars/avatar91928_161.gif>

hakken

• Rep: 2
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2007, 11:41:25 AM »
one of the smoothest with out a doubt.

Bipsmound

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
    • Turd Magazine avatar image
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2007, 11:58:16 AM »
Saw him a couple times about 5 years ago while visiting SF.  I saw him do that nollie noseblunt on the market street step up ledge that was in the aesthetics video.  Stoked this young man right out  Suuuuper nice dude and just total board control smoothness.

CRO MAG

• Rep: -1
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2007, 12:06:21 PM »
Welsh is definitely one of the main reasons I want the Lakai video to come out soon.