Author Topic: 300  (Read 4618 times)

toy machine

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -29
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: 300
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2007, 09:11:31 AM »
300 was the shiznit.

nice weather

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 533
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2007, 09:17:05 AM »
Bump:

Haha I find it funny that so many of you people who I'd thought be very critical actually liked this. This was a _very_ gay movie. Also gotta say the spartans weren't very credible with their flabby gym-pecs and underpants. And all the undertones in the story like how the weak rotten corrupted politicians try to hinder real men from defending their people. Also how the  weak (again) and jealous does not accept his role as a servant of the strong and so betrays them - all this is so redneck-american ! 

This would 've been ok though had the movie been well made. Because whenever you go see a mainstream hollywood production you know to expect these kinds of things.

Hey btw diego menendez did you go see this? The target audience for this movie is people like you.

If they wanted to make a movie with some spartan and hard fascistic shit in it why not do it properly instead of making it to be some 2 hour long homoerotic music video (with rock music in it) full of hamburger fed americans (not to be antiamerican, but the britney spears butterface look - that's exclusively american). Cinematically this was very poorly rythmed. Fuck it was so boring at times. The first battle scene was very very good though, ill give it that.

Sin City was really good, but this was just plain crap. All right had to get that off my shoulders, cheers...

I think you expected too much. To me, the overall look of the movie was great and the fighting scenes as well. That's also everything you should've expected after seeing the trailer.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2007, 04:33:02 AM »
http://www.solaceincinema.com/2006/10/04/300-comic-to-screen-comparison/

And it seems like the director was just trying to be as faithful to the comic as possible. I definitely gained respect for the film after seeing this link Bruce posted.

loophole

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2007, 07:12:12 AM »

And it seems like the director was just trying to be as faithful to the comic as possible. I definitely gained respect for the film after seeing this link Bruce posted.
well, then again, maybe he couldnt really think up any new ideas?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2007, 07:13:56 AM by loophole »

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2007, 06:44:34 AM »
Apocalypto was definitely fucking sick