Author Topic: Nate Sherwood  (Read 9929 times)

03harriso

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -36
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Nate Sherwood
« on: May 09, 2007, 03:12:02 PM »
I just watched http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qkt7qUQDt0Y&mode=related&search= and a couple of other vids of him and i just can't take his skating serious. The songs he has for each part aswell make it sound like his skating is all just a joke. I mean his arms always look really strange and he does all these wierd ass sketchy tricks which look soo bad! Just wondering if his sponsors actually take him serious and whether he is serious when doing a part cause just doesn;t seem like it. especially with all the gay ass rap stuff he does!
How do you kill someone who has no life?

crailtapper

Re: Nate Sherwood
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 03:16:40 PM »
THE FISTS!!!! THE FISTS!

supposedly he has spinal problems.

tehmizzark

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 17
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 03:36:10 PM »
gimmick pro. might as well be tom green.

somekid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 03:44:33 PM »
and...
cue the twelve year olds to get nate's back...

"bet u kant do presh lazer flip, fagits!!! get off ur keybordz and go skate!!!"

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 04:01:16 PM »
I don't understand the "taking his skateboarding serious" thing... I mean, he takes skateboarding seriously enough to skate, as do we all, but beyond that skateboarding is completely subjective. It's just hard for me to hate on someone's particular way of skating... not saying that there aren't people I especially enjoy watching, but hating on the way he waves his arms? It's all style... as sketch or as clean as someone may be, I think it's all good.

I just think it's strange to hate on some skaters for being clones of other skaters (not in this thread, but others), while at the same time hating on someone who undoubtedly skates differently. I'm not trying to make anyone think like me, I just can't relate to arguments against a particular style (though I'm the first to have favorite styles on my own lists).

Anyway, I think his parts are fun to watch... I think he's a good person, too. Eccentric, no doubt, but he seems alright. Not to mention, he isn't getting rich off of skateboarding, so it's hard to hate him too much for finding a way into sponsorship.

Blackfrancis0708

• Rep: 0
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 04:12:06 PM »
I've always liked Nate and it seems like he has overcome more than most to become a pro skater.  My only beef is when he calls on his army to bash people or to overun forums.  That's a little silly for a dude who is nearing thirty. 

Style is subjective but anyone who loves skateboarding is cool by me.
It's crack, it's great.  It gets you real high.

Bushsucks

• Rep: 3
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 04:22:12 PM »
Agreed.

hearphones

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 04:39:49 PM »
i used to skate with nate at the oceanside park R.I.P. O'SIDE PARK!!! an he's chill as fuck maybe he cant do some crazy shit like big flip front board,but he has a better attitude than most,an so what if he doesnt take skateboarding seriously its SKATEBOARDING if you're serious about it maybe you shouldnt skate! skateboarding is about fun not stress. you fuckin skate nazi!!! more than likely youve been skateboarding for under two years an probly started becuase all your friends did so you dont acually love skating like me or nate or others who skate for fun not recognition. and attitude can make the worse skater look like the best. you bitch ass beezie!!!!

somekid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 04:58:19 PM »
at least he's not todd falcon.

but think of how funny it would be if todd falcon had an army of kids ready to defend him from internet slander...

bornindabay

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 06:06:16 PM »
Him and Todd Falcon are the illest ever!

Wooderson

• Rep: -16
  • pearl rips
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 06:12:27 PM »
can we seriously stop talking about this joke
You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.

TheFrontSeatLife

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2007, 06:22:44 PM »
It's skateboarding. It's not meant to be taken seriously.

bornindabay

« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2007, 06:26:41 PM »
Nate Sherwood on Lakai!!!!!!

VHS

• Rep: 13
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2007, 06:57:43 PM »
We can only hope he'll have a part in Fully Flared.

bornindabay

« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2007, 07:07:55 PM »
in slo mo.

Koston can only watch as Nate's part comes on as the ender.

cheazy-e

• Rep: -26
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2007, 07:21:44 PM »

i have the best "good post" to "shitty post" ratio

bornindabay

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2007, 07:28:40 PM »
Jeremy Rogers is boring, Nate is exciting.

...Nate's on Girl!!!!!

bornindabay

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2007, 07:37:34 PM »
On the real... Congrats to Nate for the board. He's paid his dues by taking a lot of shit and
sticking with it. I tip my cap.

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 636
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2007, 07:46:34 PM »
This is me holding a photo of Nate Sherwood that I shot at Burnside in 1993.

(boy, I just racked up some COOL points around here!)
When I lived in Portland around 93-94 I would see this kid downtown all the time. He'd come hit up some streets spots with my crew and he was allways the nicest kid. Pressure flips were on the way out at the time so he started shifting his front foot into the heel position before he popped them to try to trick us into thinking they were inward heels (refer to the picture above). Some people believed him. I didn't. Anyways.  I guess my point is that he's well known for a trick he was embarassed doing growing up. I guess he got over it and now he's famous because of it. I have to give him props for having the courage to be different.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2007, 11:19:13 AM by able1039 »
ableSkateMag.com

bornindabay

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2007, 08:00:14 PM »
to bad it's the wrong kind of different. hehehe

Nah, congrats Nate!
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 08:09:32 PM by bornindabay »

hearphones

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2007, 08:37:46 PM »
nate "the preasure flip king of the world" sherwood! hardyharhar! lololol

nate sherwood

• Rep: -8
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2007, 09:43:27 PM »
Nato Manifesto

The call to Arms can be a bit immature just as it is immature to Argue  about anything as Esoteric as skateboarding.  I would say it is at best more of a pitch fork night hunt  battle as we see the Cooperate media such as CNN and Fox personify to anybody who does not agree with them. 

It is more of a even voting system rather than an elitist country club of only few who speak as if they are the entire demographic of “skateboarding”  Not that I tell the friends on the daily news to Attack it is more like Okay THANK you for the rad letters and props and as well the letters of hate, you should discuss it on this link. Boom then they go to whatever debate it might be and my in box is less full of drama.

Ethan ? Elliot?  Jason Brodof? Night rider?

I know it is one of you? I must say you brought back some raw and fun memory’s That skate rags Flannel and backwards H street had with bright green inner city’s was my uniform for years. I would go all city alone back then. The tri met 5 the max and all lines the 9 the 54 the 20 up and down west and east b side magic 5 holiday center love joy water front troll hubba and battle ship hubba. , man u bring back the good old days. Wow that is a funny photo. I never tried to play everything off as a heel, in a blatant way at least.  it was more of an issue to pop it. I thought at the time well as we all know when you are 13 you think crazy shit that you could pop tricks better by placing your feet in different positions etc. I Still to this day have humans ask me if I am doing inward  360 heel’s or if I am busting an impossible. True back in 9 tre I would Just agree with the human at hand on what they thought. For instance if they said “nice impossible” I would say thanks.    I did not wish to waste time from skating to explain a pressure flip to a stranger. Let alone a drunk toothless one sitting behind the cinder block wall at b side. Some days  I would try to explain what I was doing but most of the time I wanted to skate and not chat to anybody. I recall Danny Sergeant

saving me from some kool guy lover bill Benetton ? was saying some shit to me a Burnside when he was rocking pink hair and a b boys tee shirt saying my style sucked and then Danny walks up with a beer in hand and spits it on bills face. Bill was turbo bible then and he  just said ‘”OH MY GOSH AND tried to wipe the shit off his face  he tried to toss up his board at Danny Sarge and Danny just started cracking up as every local stood up, I dropped in and skated as fast as I could to the pyramid so I would not get caught in the cross fire. Then bill just left.   , it was great. I miss the old Burnside crew. That shit was raw as fuck.  O sage woul be smoking more weed than bob Marily germ would be shaving his face with the community rusty razor that was hung by a thread of string in the pocket cubby hole aka the crack den. Sage bull yard would be tatting himself in the parking lot with a needle that he rigged up to his cigarette lighter, Jordan and Karl and mike Kerchief aka Myg would be sitting in his regal bumping some underground hip hop from the bay. Mike chin would be shredding around the clock, Brent A, was turbo small guy but was still super clean on his board. Red pig pen would chew nothing but Copenhagen and drink paps not to mention they would rip that place to shreds, red had a red motor bike  that had shovels stuck in the back of it to do repairs everyday. Travis would be getting the cement trucks there and

Dave McBride would be ready to lay down the chicken coop wire, then choppy moved to town and he racked up hella  footage at b side, Neal headings  was the first to cross the teck gnar dmz zone and show you could mix it up down there and not be hated.  Man I miss skating in Portland this place SD has nothing to skate and is filled with stuck up fuckers for miles who act as if they run the globe. Portland was filled with spots rad humans and spots that were not a “top secret”. Paul ran cal skate with Howard,  Kyle ran the Pharm  aka rx aka cals pharmacy now dos too. with all of skate church and Satan ran b side it was a melting pot of radness  , Everybody skated and yes we had our different styles and faiths in god and what we liked to skate but we all got Along well except when some fuck would pull a Bill and act rad and shit and try to judge skating. It cannot be judged except  in the eye of the beholder.

Some think street rake is the shit others think ronson is . peter Hewitt can kill pools as well as pj can kill anything street. So to put skating in a class is as dumb as trying to putting it in a jar and labeling it, just as if it is olives. True my style sucks true I am deformed true I might act corny on film but I sure the fuck have fun skating. I will say this in my defense, That when most slam for hours trying to land a trick and toss there board or focus it Well I just mke up some corny rap to get the filmer to not fall asleep. That dumb ass clip in the 411 should never had made it past edit, I wanted the slam in the bonus section over the st gap to be my intro.  I try to make things fun and happy life is to Serious    and stressful why inject those adult boring ethics and Staleness  into skateboarding? I never see gonz rolling up to a rail in slow mo holding his head and having a melt down for his ender? I see no reason to take skateboarding as nothing more than a escape or a vent for creativity and to hide from the strife and Adversity of the real world. Society should thank us for skating because it is keeping a ton of us from becoming drunks hookers drug addicted fuck nuts,

as well there is the    flip side where the polarity has been brought to the paradigm that some of us might never have been exposed to Heroin or drinking in large amounts if it were not for skating but I doubt that  ,for every city is filled with real life drugs are a part of that and we will all see it. Skating helps us grow up fast and to see the real world at a young age , We lean long before most it is nothing but con artist peddlers parasites artist gamblers demigods and the over all view of the Deasise to this world known as man kind. We plunder we kill we over fish we destroy the air water and soil we fiber optically   connect every ego to every egger impulse and we polish even the most dullest dreams with these dollar bill gold plated fantasy’s till ever man becomes an inspiriting  empire they become there own god and where can we go from there? We as skaters have had the foresight and the view with on damaged eyes from the foot hills of our minds to see that   there is no point in building a chemical compound made of carbon and Addams to  be a slave to metal coffin on the interstate. We have been blessed to know that there is much more to living than sit coms bullshit

organized sports  or to conform to apathy that governments have used since Rome to control mass. For instance Gladiators  were a less watered down sport. War then was for grain fruit bronze and other means to fuel a greedy Society that was addicted to the above.  War now is for oil. Same shit different time. I could write about why skaters are the only form of human life that should not be shot hung upside don and beat to death with a rusty bike chain from a goodwill in tj.  I will just rest my case with this. I hate no skater but I do hate mankind So it is hard for me to differentiate at times who is who. I Have 2 dogs in my should on of great evil and one of laughter and kindness and whatever one I  feed that day is the one who  takes over.  I am not going to sit here day in and day out trying to convince anybody to change there mind frames. That is about as possible as going to a Koran message board and telling everybody that  Krishna is the true god

and Muhammad was just a punk as bitch.   I know that would go over about as well as a fart in church and I as well know that it would make another war go off. I like peace and I love chilling so why would I bring up anything that would make such an acoustic inferno?  Skating is too small a topic to argue over go do something good rather than talk shit on skaters go try to help out Ray Underhill or go protest the war or go outside and feed a flock of ducks. Donate time to PAWS or humane society go spary paint a wall or break a window shit be punk rock who gives a fuck about words that are caught on a server.  I Am not going to hate on everybody for I am grateful for the kind words from the good humans. I as well appreSKATE the helpful criticism from the ones who hate me. I agree with Mr. Thomas that it is a great focus group to find out why people might hate you.   I post here as well so I know I am guilty to be a part of it but I try to get on here to defend and to help more than to ostracize and to shun others. Skating is TO small to hate lets bring it back to 88. Launch ramps rip grip and boneless ones were dope. Bonite sucked but whatever…. 

bornindabay

« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2007, 09:46:43 PM »
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Mentos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 26
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2007, 09:49:05 PM »
Tell us about Cheazy E.

bornindabay

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2007, 09:52:06 PM »
bust a freestyle.

sergio

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2007, 09:54:23 PM »
what the fug

89-90pistons

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2007, 11:10:48 PM »

nate sherwood

• Rep: -8
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2007, 11:23:11 PM »
Able sorry my long winded email was lost in transkation what i mean to say is yo thank u 4 bringing back rad old memery,s and as well i miss b side. u rule ma thank u 4 the props and respect. CHeazy -e is a funny human. 

bornindabay

« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2007, 11:26:40 PM »
bust a freestyle again, get on whalecock with todd falcon, and all is forgiven.

Everyone loves you nate. you're a punching bag and we love your unusual humor
and tolerance. I wish there was more carefree people in the world like you.

Gest

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2007, 11:35:29 PM »
there is some game of skate deal in mid missouri and i think nate is gonna be there

hey n8 give me shout outs