Author Topic: "Modern" Headphones Disapreesh  (Read 1234 times)

kevbo999

"Modern" Headphones Disapreesh
« on: June 02, 2007, 09:14:56 AM »
What's the deal with these?

Were they assembled by a 3 year old?  I was told by a salesman that they were made like this for joggers and other sporting enthusiasts, because "the cord isn't in your way anymore, it goes straight down into your pocket."

I listen to my mp3 player while skateboarding, and I never had any problems with the cord connected evenly down the middle.  When I bought my Zen Stone, it came with these awkward feeling earbuds, that left me with what looks like a black wire necklace...  definitely not functional nor fashionable.

And I know you're supposed to put the cord in back of your neck but that feels fucked too.  Like if I bend over they're gonna fall out.

k-nutz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 49
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: "Modern" Headphones Disapreesh
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 10:50:21 AM »
take some twist ties, loop the excess cord to make the two lengths the same, and then wrap the cord with the twist ties to keep it that way.  run the cord underneath your shirt and you won't have to worry about your arms yanking the headphones off of your ears.

problem solved, and no reason make a pointless topic about it.

nice weather

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 533
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 11:09:12 AM »
Whats the zen stone like? I heard it has really slow data transfer whatevs due to a crappy usb port. My zen vision decided to not obey me anymore yesterday and fucks with me all the time. 

Mackattack

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 12:03:47 PM »
its a bitch to use those if your kinda tall
if you put your ipod/ whatever in your pocket and turn or lean your head to the opposite side of the short one, it pulls the headphone cord out. i always end up using just one headphone

E.l.G

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 01:26:55 PM »
I don't like that shit either. I'm pretty tall and they end up getting yanked out all the time. I just loop the long one around my neck though and it usually works out alright.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2007, 01:49:38 PM »
fuck headphones in general. i go through them in about a month. picked up some ipod impostors for a buck today, lets hope theyre good

////////////

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2007, 02:35:30 PM »
fuck kev

kevbo999

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2007, 02:57:55 PM »
fuck you

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2007, 03:34:24 PM »
Yeah, that shit sucks. And it's not just Creative, it's every company. So shitty. When they first appeared, and I got my first set like that I thought it was a defect.

I just tied my shits in a knot like so

How's the Stone, anyway? Looks boss. I've had the vision:m for a while and it's great, but it's worth too much to slam on skating.
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

kevbo999

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2007, 04:00:25 PM »
No complaints about it!  It's basically just like the Shuffle.  Except to turn it on you just hold down the Play button, and after about 10 seconds it starts playing.  And of course I had to go find and add all my songs again because it's not iTunes compatible.  So unless you want the clip option of the Shuffle bad enough to pay an extra 30 bones, I'd definitely recommend picking one up.  Tiny and tough, just what a skateboarder needs.

sectachrome

• Rep: 41
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2007, 05:42:11 PM »
The long one goes around the back of your neck.  I like them cause i just pop em out and let em hang if I want.