Author Topic: vans, vans, vans  (Read 4147 times)

leon

Re: vans, vans, vans
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2007, 12:08:57 PM »
it is the simpsons they are sell rights like crazy   kwik-E-Marts? http://www.7-eleven.com/default.asp

Sheep

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -10
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2007, 07:34:22 PM »
Anyone else as offended by this travesty as I am? It's the ultimate sell out by Vans. Movie studios using artist collabs to market new releases? This is a whole new low. I'm officially disgusted, and afraid for what could possibly come next...

sleeping.

« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2007, 08:00:30 PM »
who cares really, i'd sell out if i had the chance.

eastview25

• Rep: 0
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2007, 08:23:24 PM »
I am in SF for work this week and the Vans craze is in full effect.  I swear 1 out of 3 people I see on the street is wearing eras, authentics, or slip ons. 

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2007, 08:54:26 PM »
i tried them on....definitely better but the soles are still too thin for me....

these simpsons vans are crazy limited...i bet they go for like 2G's a pair or something that dumb....

OttoMaddox

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2007, 12:12:52 AM »
I'm kind of psyched that Vans are so popular - means I can easily pick up shoes to skate in - don't have to try some weird crap I might hate cause the shop is out of my size or whatever.

Bill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
  • Back?
    • Divine Clothing & Design avatar image
« Reply #36 on: July 11, 2007, 12:20:29 AM »
So it seems like I'm the only one stoked on these.  I don't see anything wrong with The Simpsons being on Vans.  Maybe I just like The Simpsons too much?

imsocool!!!

• Rep: -66
  • /Users/nolanbarton/Desktop/Photo 184.gif
« Reply #37 on: July 11, 2007, 12:26:05 AM »
Those are sick I was just got some new eras today for sell their green and another color green
I jerked off everyday after school in the woods when I was about 8

rollo

• Rep: -3
« Reply #38 on: July 11, 2007, 02:27:05 AM »
remember like 5-10 years ago vans did so many ugly looking bmx type shoes? all those pro series were regular, now every shoe they put out is really dope looking.
all over europe chicks run around in vans slip ons it gets kind of annoying but personally i love thin vulcanized shoes for skating, and why should i go and buy another
companys vans copy type shoe?

SoapboxStance

• Rep: -6
« Reply #39 on: July 11, 2007, 03:07:14 AM »
agreed. if every other company is doing a knock-off vans line, buy the original.  i've been doing the same thing, only riding vans, for the last 2 years. I'll be honest, the branding of the company, in terms of look, ads, riders, and what they "stand" for is what appealed to me, because before that I wasn't riding vulcanized shoes.  I have a feeling that, somewhere far back, the re-birth of vans being a legit skate shoe had to do with dogtown and the z-boys, too.
still, though...to think that vans has always been a core company that is down for skateboarding is a little short-sighted.
i don't remember the last time i had a pair of dc's, but i'll go out on a limb and say that they probably did more for skateboarding, in terms of all the danny way shit and skate plazas, than vans has.
the Syndicate line is deceptively good for shops. they're doing what NIke does, not allowing shops to order the guaranteed sellers, like half-cabs,, without lumping a bunch of weird collaboration slip ons and the like onto the order.  Also, jacking up the price at least 20% on those exclusive syndicates, as well as creating a higher demand for their normal models, is also dubious.
nevertheless,  they do feel good to skate in.