Author Topic: awkward situations thread.  (Read 48673 times)

Bill

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
  • Back?
    • Divine Clothing & Design avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: awkward situations thread.
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2007, 01:02:08 AM »
Running into old friends and having them say "give me a call sometime, we should hang out" when I know theres no chance of me ever calling them.

When people find out that I don't drink.  They act like I'm from another planet or something.

plastic bench nerd

« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2007, 01:59:37 AM »
During college I went to a museum with my journalism class.  A bunch of people from my class went into the bathroom to piss.  I went into a stall to pee.  And My friend Chris was peeing at a urinal.  Once in the stall I started making fake fart noises to make Chris uncomfortable.  Then I pretending to be reading graffiti off the bathroom wall.  And I said "Terry Hammond's wife was here."  And I hear from the urinal area "that's not very likely."  My professor, Terry Hammond was in the bathroom.  Fuck, so awkard. 

best post cheazy has ever wrote!

JoshEwUhh

« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2007, 02:14:00 AM »
hahah good one.

My story is bathroom related too.
I was taking a shit and there was a guy in the stall next to me.
I hear him say "Hey, whats up". Confused, I said "not much."
This went on a minute then he said "hey man, i'll call you back, some asshole in the next stall keeps talking to me."

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -18
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2007, 02:56:26 AM »
pff hahaha. i made fun of gays at a party. it was not in a bad way, just talked with a gaylike voice to somebody, and we had a good laugh ... then somebody was like "matze, matze ... talk normal please". i turned my shoulders around and what do i see? 2 guys that fit in the cliché 110% ... i felt so bad, that i said sorry to these guys ... we had like an hour discusion about me beeing homophobic and a macho - normaly it's the other way, girls ask me if i'm gay

nice weather

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 533
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2007, 03:34:56 AM »
hahah good one.

My story is bathroom related too.
I was taking a shit and there was a guy in the stall next to me.
I hear him say "Hey, whats up". Confused, I said "not much."
This went on a minute then he said "hey man, i'll call you back, some asshole in the next stall keeps talking to me."
Hahaha! This is great!

pff hahaha. i made fun of gays at a party. it was not in a bad way, just talked with a gaylike voice to somebody, and we had a good laugh ... then somebody was like "matze, matze ... talk normal please". i turned my shoulders around and what do i see? 2 guys that fit in the cliché 110% ... i felt so bad, that i said sorry to these guys ... we had like an hour discusion about me beeing homophobic and a macho - normaly it's the other way, girls ask me if i'm gay

Happened to me as well, when I was sitting at a table with a couple of friends and also one gay guy. After a while I was calling someone out to be gay because he kept talking about germanys next topmodel and greys anatomy and I started to talk with the gay voice. the very moment i started to talk I realized how inappropraite it was and tried to fade back to my normal voice slowly, so noone would notice. but I guess it was obvious.

lophatrophazoa

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
  • breathmint please
« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2007, 10:09:14 AM »
so whats the germans gay voice like? ive always wondered if the lisp was was international even in different langauges, cause really, im jussst trying to mee

When people find out that I don't drink.  They act like I'm from another planet or something.

this one hockey chongo in one of my labs asked this guy where his BSD wristband was (which is shitty last school day of the year party where everyone gets z rights) and the guy said hes not going cause he doesnt drink and then the hockey buff gave out such a big laugh and said "what are you? a mormon or something" and gave me a buddy shrug like he just made the greatest joke
"Front row tickets to a bomb ass play"
Quote from: Matze
i moved to my city 1 year ago and i'm becomming a little hero here ... everybody thinks that i'm really cool, even the girls fight each other because of me. people are talking how a cool guy i am and stuff.

sebastian toombs

« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2007, 11:34:58 AM »

"what, like you never tried it?"
ha, my parents give me a hard time about it!

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2007, 01:14:54 PM »
i've been asked if i'm gay before. :o
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #68 on: June 17, 2007, 01:49:00 PM »
your girlfreind catching you staring at her freinds ass
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

Matze

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #69 on: June 17, 2007, 02:05:02 PM »
i've been asked if i'm gay before. :o

a 80years old blind granny asked me that ... battle that one

jrock

« Reply #70 on: June 17, 2007, 02:07:05 PM »
My band played a show at this place in SF called the Cherry Bar.  It was a lesbian club, but they had a music night once a week and a lot of bands played there.  I don't really get nervous at shows, but about 30 minutes before I play i get a few butterflies and I usually have to drop a quick deuce.  Being a dyke bar, the guys bathroom consisted of one urinal and a toilet with no door. There wasn't really a lot of people in the club then, so me and the singer snuck into the girls bathroom to change clothes.  (let me just say that the girls bathroom in that place was pretty awesome.  it was really clean, had about 10 stalls, a big mirror, and artwork on the walls).  The singer changes clothes pretty fast and gets out of there quick without anyone seeing him, but I decided that it was a good time to stay for a few minutes and handle my "other" business.  As soon as I flush the toilet I hear about 6 girls barge into the bathroom and I'm fucking stuck.  If I leave now, not only will they see that I'm a dude in the chicks bathroom ( at a dyke club, no less), but they can also easily infer that I was taking a deuce.  and its not like I can just take that embarassment and leave the club.  I'm about to be on stage for a couple hours where everyone can see me.  Long story short, I have to hide out in the stall for what seems like an eternity.  As soon as one chick leaves, another one enters.  Its like a revolving door.  It finally chills out for a minute and I make a break for the door.  Just as I open it, I run straight into this cute girl and almost knock her down.  I just kept going and didn't look back.  I went to talk to my friends, and the chick I almost knocked down comes and sits down at our table.  She apparently just moved to town and was my friend's new roommate...I ended up making out  with her a few weeks later, so I must not have made that bad of an impression, but at the time I felt like jumping off a building. 

sebastian toombs

« Reply #71 on: June 17, 2007, 02:13:01 PM »
shouldve just walked out: theyd likely have just thought you were ultra-butch...

blazini

• Rep: -91
  • kook me, boi.
« Reply #72 on: June 17, 2007, 05:45:47 PM »
any time a girl wants to talk to me or i want to talk to one and i dont have anything to say (shit always happens to me, i suck)
goon skwad

picklesickshuv-it

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2007, 07:25:51 PM »
Man where to start, i'll just say meeting one night stands 100% sober in the cold light of day after sneaking out while they were sleeping and doing the walk of shame home looking like last nights tart.

Never a good moment

I mean what do you say. . . . . . .

and you burp up smokey rubbing alcohol burps, and you feel how gross your socks feel in your shoes, and then , well of course when you see her/it you gotta say, "hey lets get sushi tonite" or "wanna give me your number again i forgot to press save".  akward

sergio

« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2007, 09:45:08 PM »
Expand Quote
not really an awkward situation story. not a good story either

getting vibed by all the locals at the aquarium in boston.

a few friends of mine were on there way to boston gardens for some dispatch concert. i was not looking forward to the concert, so i brought my skateboard along. i start things off at quincey market (sp?). i head off to the financial district and see four guys skating in the street. it was bro gumpright and some friends of his. they were very welcoming and let me skate with them for the most of the afternoon. we skated countless spots in an around boston. i end up at window sills only to meet up with another group. i skated flatground with zander takemoto, the wisdom brothers, and some guys from kentucky. more pushing, some wendys, and we finish the day at the aquarium. the benches are full of onlookers. i start skating and the whole place goes quiet. i went around in circles and every trick missed was met with a giggle here, some guy showing me up, or some guy cutting me off. i left after only 5 minutes.
[close]
i have never been to aq for this reason

i was in a sea of white tees.

////////////

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2007, 11:22:55 PM »
i work at a grocery store
and when dudes come buy condoms it gets pretty silent
im always tempted to say something smart but it never happens
i wonder how awkward it is for girls who sell these dudes condoms

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #76 on: June 17, 2007, 11:41:02 PM »
awkward situation stories are a prime source of humour.

the worst is when you say goodbye to someone you've been talking to on the train or something and then you both go to leave and go your separate ways and you end up walking in the same direction and its just weird cause you walk along next to each other silently just cause you said goodbye.

or if your talking to someone on the train and then you go to say goodbye an get up to walk to the door, then you realise your like 2 minutes away from your stop, & you just stand there at the door a meter away from this person you were just talking to, awkward.

i find the majority of awkard situations in my life occur on the train.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AISLBrQ-ODE
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #77 on: June 18, 2007, 04:24:13 AM »
i work at a grocery store
and when dudes come buy condoms it gets pretty silent
im always tempted to say something smart but it never happens
i wonder how awkward it is for girls who sell these dudes condoms
once i was behind this guy in the grocery store who was buying a giant container of KY. to this day i wished i took notice of what happened at the register.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • tiger style
« Reply #78 on: June 18, 2007, 04:55:28 AM »
I was working in a office and someone had said something to me right as I was walking in the bathroom and had the door open. I went to reply to him and right then someone in the bathroom let the loudest fart. We both pretty much lost our train of thought and I said "I'll catch up with you later..."

Matze

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #79 on: June 18, 2007, 05:06:44 AM »
i came home 10 minutes ago and yelled "gooood morning" in a funny voice through the whole appartement ... first person i met wasn't my flat mate ... it was somebody i've never seen before. we looked at each other like dead cows . i turned this situation in a funny one with a "don't care, i'm the normal person here"

mikefork

« Reply #80 on: June 18, 2007, 06:06:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
not really an awkward situation story. not a good story either

getting vibed by all the locals at the aquarium in boston.

a few friends of mine were on there way to boston gardens for some dispatch concert. i was not looking forward to the concert, so i brought my skateboard along. i start things off at quincey market (sp?). i head off to the financial district and see four guys skating in the street. it was bro gumpright and some friends of his. they were very welcoming and let me skate with them for the most of the afternoon. we skated countless spots in an around boston. i end up at window sills only to meet up with another group. i skated flatground with zander takemoto, the wisdom brothers, and some guys from kentucky. more pushing, some wendys, and we finish the day at the aquarium. the benches are full of onlookers. i start skating and the whole place goes quiet. i went around in circles and every trick missed was met with a giggle here, some guy showing me up, or some guy cutting me off. i left after only 5 minutes.
[close]
i have never been to aq for this reason
[close]

i was in a sea of white tees.
b-hats, 7.5 boards, 50mm wheels, and ipods

i like everyone in boston except for the weekend warriors that claim they are from the city so it gives them the right to do that shit

sebastian toombs

« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2007, 07:11:06 AM »
my girl and i were in a store on saturday, and there was a nice old lady standing in front of some stuff my girl wanted to see.  we kind of stand there for a moment, waiting for the old lady to go away, when she lets rip this big fart (for a female, that is). 

we quickly -- but not TOO quickly -- found something to look at on the opposite end of the aisle.

yeah dude!

« Reply #82 on: June 18, 2007, 12:14:15 PM »
I don't know why but I always think it's awkward walking out at the end of a movie.

Jura

« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2007, 12:16:25 PM »
I don't know why but I always think it's awkward walking out at the end of a movie.

Depending on the movie, yes!

(youre talking about those dirty movies arent you??)

yeah dude!

« Reply #84 on: June 18, 2007, 12:27:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Depending on the movie, yes!

(youre talking about those dirty movies arent you??)

Actually, I always feel a sense of camaraderie with those dudes.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #85 on: June 18, 2007, 02:47:04 PM »
I had one today. First day on a new job and wearing the khaki's and faggot shoes just to give that good first appearance. Went to the bathroom and leaned to far forward washing my hands and ended up gettting the front of my pants wet because the counter was wet and I am used to wearing jeans and not having to worry about that.

Having to walk through the office on your first day with a wet spot on the crotch of your khaki's, fucking awkward...

brent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 740
« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2007, 02:50:07 PM »
faggot shoes, huh?
This armor plating is going to get a little more diesel.

sebastian toombs

« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2007, 02:52:34 PM »
I had one today. First day on a new job and wearing the khaki's and faggot shoes just to give that good first appearance. Went to the bathroom and leaned to far forward washing my hands and ended up gettting the front of my pants wet because the counter was wet and I am used to wearing jeans and not having to worry about that.

Having to walk through the office on your first day with a wet spot on the crotch of your khaki's, fucking awkward...

the lesson is, dont wash your hands in the bathroom.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #88 on: June 18, 2007, 03:06:33 PM »
I usually don't but someone was behind me

jawntis

• Rep: 0
« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2007, 03:53:09 PM »

I hear that. Even if I say how it happened, I still get the feeling they think I just severly missed and pissed on myself.