Author Topic: Your work day  (Read 6661 times)

sebastian toombs

Re: Your work day
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2007, 07:22:15 PM »
white rock, british columbia.  home of jon west

lophatrophazoa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
  • breathmint please
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2007, 07:26:34 PM »
and 90% of the buds with flavor savours and board shorts
"Front row tickets to a bomb ass play"
Quote from: Matze
i moved to my city 1 year ago and i'm becomming a little hero here ... everybody thinks that i'm really cool, even the girls fight each other because of me. people are talking how a cool guy i am and stuff.

milty804

« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2007, 08:14:32 PM »
well i was working at a skate shop which was either 10-6 or 12-8 or someshit, it was whatever.....but now i got a 2 week gig selling fireworks in one of those stands in virginia and it goes like this

wake up at 645 am
get tehre by 830.....stock shelves with the Sunbursts, MadDogs, Chimes of freedom, etc. fountains (all the cool shits illegal in va).....and haul out a 75 pound sign or so that is too heavy for me to carry so i have to use my skateboard and put under the sign and roll it
explain to every customer that what they want is illegal in va
close around 8 or 9ish at night

basically its 12 hour days but i am getting good money under the table, plus tetris on gameboy and a good book help the time go.......i had to move back in with my parents outside of DC to do this but it all works because i get to go on a cross country trip the 9th of july to SF......the horrible hours are worth it because i can spend the next 2 months traveling around off what i have earned....i dont know what after that though...

imsocool!!!

• Rep: -66
  • /Users/nolanbarton/Desktop/Photo 184.gif
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2007, 08:17:21 PM »
Wake up at 12(if someone dosent call me)
Get dressed update ipod get cell
go to someones house to meet up
get on the bus and go somewhere
go home 6ish
skate my flat bar and curb
eat shower bed repeat
I jerked off everyday after school in the woods when I was about 8

milty804

« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2007, 08:21:20 PM »
go home 6ish
eat shower bed repeat

damn bro is your place hiring?

imsocool!!!

• Rep: -66
  • /Users/nolanbarton/Desktop/Photo 184.gif
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2007, 08:25:23 PM »
Expand Quote
go home 6ish
eat shower bed repeat

[close]
yea its called summer
damn bro is your place hiring?
I jerked off everyday after school in the woods when I was about 8

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1168
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2007, 10:08:08 PM »
-LLM Student-

wake up
skate
wait until Japan Visa clears
wait until more financial aid piles up
eat
sleep
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 10:17:56 PM by art hellman »
hardly art, hardly starving

andrew4lyfe

« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2007, 10:30:39 PM »
im not working right now, but im looking for work. im hoping to land a job at this ace hardware near my place.  my previous job i was an elementary school tutor, which was pretty fun.  im taking a class during the summer that  keeps me busy most of the day.

my weekday schedule from monday to thursday  looks like this:
wake up
go to class
get home and make calls, check email and facebook
study
sometimes i'll go out and skate in this parking lot near me
then i'll do other stuff

Larry Perkins

• Rep: 12
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2007, 10:35:35 PM »
Wake up
Skate to work
Sit and pray for a skater to come in and bullshit about skate stuff
Call up a rep and try to bullshit about skating untill they have to get back to work
Skate home

TheMoneyMellon

• Rep: -1
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2007, 10:50:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Doctor Decapitated In Elevator Accident

HOUSTON -- Officials of a downtown hospital are investigating the death of a surgical resident who was decapitated in an elevator mishap.

Christus St. Joseph Hospital may release additional information about Hitoshi Nikaidoh's death after a closed briefing Monday, said hospital spokeswoman India Chumney Hancock.

Nikaidoh, 35, of Dallas, was stepping into a second-floor elevator about 9:30 a.m. Saturday when the doors suddenly closed, pinning his shoulders. His head was severed when the elevator car moved upward. A female hospital employee witnessed the accident and spent about 20 minutes trapped inside the malfunctioning elevator until firefighters were able to rescue her.

The traumatized employee who witnessed the death was taken to the hospital's emergency room for treatment of shock, but was released later that day, said Hancock.
[close]

Every since this happened in Houston, I jump in and out of elevators and never try and stop the doors form closing. Fucking gnarly, just like on that final destination flick.
[close]

my mom is a nurse in New Orleans, and the same thing happened at her hospital.  They were bringing up a guy for x rays when the elevator malfunctioned.  The bed was half in, half out of the elevator.  The elevator doors were still open when it started going up...the guy was caught against the roof half out/half in the elevator.  It pretty much cut him in half.  My mom said the guy had terminal cancer so I guess he was going to die soon anyway, but still...

I don't have a link to the story, but I think the hospital was called Kenner Regional if you want to search for it. 
I've heard a lot of bad things about Kenner Regional. My friend's aunt or something was having a heart attack and she lives in Kenner near the hospital. Instead of going to Kenner regional she chose to drive all the way to Oschner.

The Slap Poster Formerly Known As Shughe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -15
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2007, 11:05:10 PM »
i work at an art gallery/frame shop

wake up at 7:30
eat breakfast
ride moped to work at 7:50
get there 7:55
cut and order/organize matte boards
take out garbage
from here on out i dont really do anything to do with framing
water plants
sweep
organize
dust
etc
occasionaly cut and order more matte boards as they are being used
sometimes i put some frames away in bulk
more matte
look like im doing something
and my boss knows im not
i file new catalogues
just shit that other people dont have time or dont feel like doing
ride home at 1
skate for the rest of the day

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2007, 05:05:53 AM »
Can you PM me that link?

I'm not saying that they're entirely safe, but when shit like that happens, it's pretty rare.

http://www.click2houston.com/news/2412223/detail.html

TotallyAwesome

• Rep: -6
« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2007, 12:32:02 PM »
Well, I generally come in at least fifteen minutes late, ah, I use the side door - that way Lumbergh can't see me, heh heh - and, uh, after that I just sorta space out for about an hour.

Yeah, I just stare at my desk; but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch, too. I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, work.

ok seriously, i am a director of investment accounting for a financial services company. 

i did at one point have an "investment" in a prominent skateboard company.  now, i only do "pro-bono" consulting work for said company....

or as some people have pointed out, i could be jason dill.....but most likely not.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2007, 12:45:04 PM »
vocabulary + time of day of your post = not dill

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2007, 01:16:02 PM »
FTW

TotallyAwesome

• Rep: -6
« Reply #75 on: June 27, 2007, 01:26:44 PM »

truth.....

tag_king

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
« Reply #76 on: June 27, 2007, 02:09:09 PM »
I am multi jobbing it at the moment, so Im looking at 9-5 then 6-10 with weekend shifts and the occassional scheme.

Job 1- Revisions Operator

This is a job I have at a pretty big Advertising and Marketing agency. Its a paid internship right now, with the chance of a fulltime job afterwards. Lately it has been a lot of corrections for print ads. This place is pretty serious.. they have the Saab account, McDonalds, Bell Canada, Shoppers Drugmart, etc. When there is not anything going on with revisions I am usually piecing and designing presentations, checking out slap, occassional get to work on some free lance.

Job 2- Burrito Chef

This is just until I get a fulltime job that pays well, but for right now its ok. I usually get home at 5 30, get baked and am good for 6 when I go in. I usually take cash because I am to stoned and not in the mood for doing much after already working a full day. We usually have some drinks later in the night as we work, then I take off to home, which is conveniently a 1 minute walk away.

Scheme-

Lately, I have had a super cheap hook up for mushrooms so in two days and 3 chops I can bank around 425 bucks, but this also involves a good two days of work, I have to get to the guy who is from my home town, get back down town, then get back relatively quickly to get the guy his money. Super cool dealer, but like most, not the type of guy you want to have outstanding debts with.

This last year has been weak for me, so with all this going on right now I am finally seeing some money. Its real nice.

And skateboarding where ever I can fit it in, which isn't as often as I would like, but I am sure that will change when I can stick to one thing again.

remEMBer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 52
    • emb4ever avatar image
« Reply #77 on: June 27, 2007, 02:23:40 PM »
I work for a Non-Profit Housing developer in Sacramento area(Davis) doing A/P work and general office work

Get up at 6:00am
Get ready and leave by 6:30
sit in traffic for at least 45 min, somtimes an hour
Im at work by 7:30 and check my voicemail
start work, surf the web about 50% of the day
Go run errands for work
Lunch
Surf the web more
Talk to random co-workers about expense reimburmsents
Talk to vendors trying to follow up on payments
Send out mail
suf web

then leave around 4ish and go meet up with my friends to go skate/film until it gets dark or some days I'll go swim if its too hot but the last three days I've been skating.

go home kick it with my girl, edit,caputre footage ,surfthe web, smoke some weed chil andl go to sleep at 12-1 and do it again the next day

The good thing is having weekends off and almost every holiday off including Cesar Chavez day(Mar31st) and my work closes the office down in December from 23rd until the 2nd which is always a plus to have that time off to bullshit around and spend the holidays with family and skate.

skatemore,man

« Reply #78 on: June 27, 2007, 03:31:36 PM »
I work at the largest residential treatment center for youth in SE massachusetts. It's a place where kids go to live if they've been removed from their homes for many reasons, DSS, DYS, or if their parent's just can't handle them. Most of my kids are in and out of psychiatric hospitals and/or lockup, the parents are non existant or should be (many are locked up themselves, fiends, and just shouldn't have had kids), and the kids are placed in this group home/campus environment. It's pretty crazy sometimes, i've got kids aged 4-20 who need all sorts of help. For the most part i just hang with them, play ball, get them on a skateboard, talk, listen to music, help with stuff they ask for help with; basically serve as an authoritative figure mixed with role modeling and whatever else, a person who cares....  We do have to use physical restraints sometimes when the kids get set off, for me anyways, it's the last resort- although some fuckheads like beating on kids... I want these kids to find their souls and if that's not the case, at least help feed a mindset that will stay free of prison. Other perks are all the good looking women that work there, getting to skate a little flat at work, chilling., and it's pretty amazing that going into this place totally cuts out shitty moods from my mindset.
The day consists of:

wake up sometime between 9am-1pm.
Shower, shit, maybe eat, pushups, in no particular order
Head to the "work" spot
transition the kids from school to the cottage
get some food lined up and get rooms cleaned
head outside or play video games
get dinner squared away
get kids doing chores
go outside some more or to the gym
get the kids to clean themselves, take their meds, and head to bed
complete minimal paper work for the shift
Get out at 11:30pm
smoke a bowl, skate, play guitar, maybe go to the bar
go to bed around 2-3am
start again.

I really love my job right now, residentail counseling isn't what i'm down to do as a career persay, but it's been a great experience so far and gives me something to look forward too. the toughest part is keeping relationships with my kids minimal, when a good one moves on i'm always happy for him/her to have hopefully completed their goal, but it's like they're little bros..... anyways.. be easy