Author Topic: the bible  (Read 3459 times)

k-nutz

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 49
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: the bible
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2007, 02:39:38 PM »
spoken like a true evangelical.
actually, slavery was almost exactly the same as it was in america. that is just bullshit pastors tell you. let me ask you this, how do you know that it was different? also, what defines sin? God?Jehovah?

God defines sin as anything apart from him.   

do you want to discuss slavery in the bible?  that could be fun.  or not.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 02:59:47 PM by k-nutz »

hargo

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2007, 03:16:03 PM »
you can offer your rationalization of it if you want.

blank.

• Rep: -3
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2007, 03:58:25 PM »

fuck that

urujuay

• Rep: 13
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2007, 04:01:47 PM »
the best part of jesus camp is when that fat lady is talking about how muslim's fast and how there're too many "fat and lazy" young christians.
Whats the big deal with roors? If you have to ask, you'll never know...

hargo

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2007, 04:16:27 PM »
this is very typical of evangelical christian belief and i guarentee that mulder, hosoi, thomas, mountain, beach, and the other guys like them believe just like this movie. they might not act like it, but they believe like it.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2007, 04:18:03 PM »

pretty interesting.  the whole movie is, actually.
good stuff

fuck that
amazing!!

the j

• Rep: -16
  • you know how i do
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2007, 05:51:37 PM »

pretty interesting.  the whole movie is, actually.

dang.

cold budweisers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2007, 05:55:56 PM »
the best part of jesus camp is when that fat lady is talking about how muslim's fast and how there're too many "fat and lazy" young christians.
such delicious irony

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2007, 06:08:57 PM »
this is going to be another story.

when i was younger i lived with my grandma, who has since past. she raised me christian under a non demominational church called calvary chapel. this was the only church that i could walk into today and not feel creeped out. they wernt as bad as this, and wernt completly anti secular and really just focused on the learning of the bible. pretty much the most passive group of christians i know. to top it off i had never seen anyone speak in tongues ever. this church also had a summer camp. this was the thing i used to look to every year. it was pretty rad  you were in the woods, there was study and then you ate and just kind of chilled. i kind of miss it actually. since then i have lost my religion. now i dont feel bad what god thinks when i drink smoke weed or hook up with, or at least attempt to hook up with women. i usually just get bumed that if heaven is real grams can see me fucking up.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

keeper of the lair

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2007, 06:13:50 PM »
usually the non denominational churches are the most welcoming

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2007, 06:18:25 PM »
yeah i forgot to add that when i went to other churches and saw people speak in tongues, i thought it was wierd because it was supposed to be a limited thing like being a super saiyan. but then christianity followed suit with dbz and now everyone can go ssj4, i mean speak in tongues.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

hargo

« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2007, 06:37:43 PM »
when i was younger i lived with my grandma, who has since past. she raised me christian under a non demominational church called calvary chapel. this was the only church that i could walk into today and not feel creeped out. they wernt as bad as this, and wernt completly anti secular and really just focused on the learning of the bible. pretty much the most passive group of christians i know. to top it off i had never seen anyone speak in tongues ever. this church also had a summer camp. this was the thing i used to look to every year. it was pretty rad  you were in the woods, there was study and then you ate and just kind of chilled. i kind of miss it actually. since then i have lost my religion. now i dont feel bad what god thinks when i drink smoke weed or hook up with, or at least attempt to hook up with women. i usually just get bumed that if heaven is real grams can see me fucking up.

calvary chapel is hardcore just like that lady, they just dont express it in the same way, but the beliefs are the same.
Chuck Smith (founder of calvary chapel) speaks in tongues and preaches on it. same message, different style .

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2007, 06:39:35 PM »
these dudes wernt hardcore at all. i think i would know, i lived it.

hargo

« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2007, 08:07:50 PM »
i went to calvary chapel for 8 years, do you even know who chuck smith is? when i say hardcore, i mean doctrine. i dont think you know what youre talking about.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2007, 08:11:40 PM »
i know who chuck smith is. every church is differant. the one that i went to in upland was quite mellow. yes it was preechy, yes it was waspy, but there was not a lot of slander going on. the people were tollerable and as i said the focus, as christianity should be, was the study of the bible,,the hope of a better after life and how to do well while on earth.

hargo

« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2007, 08:13:08 PM »
was the study of the bible,,the hope of a better after life and how to do well while on earth.

yes, and eternal punishment for all non believers. thats hardcore.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2007, 08:16:35 PM »
sorry your church was fucked and mine was positive. that might be why you are so bitter.

sweets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • but(t) fuck, who's keeping track?
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2007, 11:11:13 PM »
I grew up going to Baptist church, listening to fire and brimstone rhetoric. It gave me nightmares as a child. When I was old enough to ask questions, I could never get a logical answer. No more church but I have spent some time studying religion and have gained some positive things to think about from all of it. Most importantly, the golden rule. The one common thread throughout all major religious texts.
"instead of typing out some dumb reply to this post, go make some art, smell your own body, mate with your own hand, take a picture of your penis when it is in half-boner-mode and post it on slap." Tony

hargo

« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2007, 11:43:21 PM »
good point, i think if there is a god the golden rule must be something it is stoked on.

sweets

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
  • but(t) fuck, who's keeping track?
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2007, 07:53:30 AM »
The golden rule helps perpetuate the human species. I'm not doing the research over again, but there's sociological studies citing it as a part of human nature.
"instead of typing out some dumb reply to this post, go make some art, smell your own body, mate with your own hand, take a picture of your penis when it is in half-boner-mode and post it on slap." Tony

Evil Kraken from the Arctic Sea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Hi SlapPal!
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2007, 08:19:50 AM »
Like why couldn't the jews eat pigs?  Because they are a sacred animal?  No, because at the time they didn't know how to cook.

I'll go frontside on some tranny for you.