Author Topic: STATIC 3 TRAILER  (Read 11815 times)

Jura

Re: STATIC 3 TRAILER
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2007, 08:14:40 AM »
Expand Quote
YEah, well, I pretty much realized after my first post that I was going to make a bad name for myself by tripping so hard.
But I was actually in the thick of finishing the website when a friend texted me to say he was already watching the trailer.
After 2 years of work, to have the shit snuck right out from under me was a serious broadsider, so I freaked out and wanted
blood. Still tho, I mean c'mon....can't I get atleast a LITTLE bit of compassion out there?....anybody?
Damnit, I just can't win can I? Oh well, I'll just stop while I'm behind.
[close]

You seriously need to find your web admin and kick him in the balls repeatedly until he bleeds out the ears.

I just found your trailer in less than a minute on your site and I would imagine you guys tried to lock it down after bitting "the heads of kittens" and all that.

If you need some help on how to lock this shit down hit up either me or Grimmicity or Twitch247.

If you don't want people peeping through your window at your fine ass wife, then you got to get some fenceses and some curtins and shit. come on now...

and don't worry I won't leak the URL but I am sure that it will be discovered over and over until you lock your shit down.

The trailer is officially out now. Has been since last night.

Sleazy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2007, 08:20:24 AM »
then why does the site just have a splash page that says coming soon?

Jura

« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2007, 08:37:17 AM »
then why does the site just have a splash page that says coming soon?

Thats the site itself. Thats why Josh was bitching. If you remember, Static II trailer came out WITH the website.
So, Josh was attempting to get the website finished BEFORE releasing the trailer. But since he was having problems with the site, he announced on the blog site that by 9pm last night, if the site wasnt done, he would release the trailer anyway. But alas, before he finished the site AND before he himself released the trailer, at 3pm yesterday, threadstarter hacked the site released the unreleased trailer. Heres a link to the blog site:

http://www.theoriesofatlantis.com/blog/?p=154

greg

• Rep: -25
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2007, 08:41:36 AM »
^omg what a tragedy

braeley_skate

• Rep: -8
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2007, 08:45:04 AM »
Why has no one mentioned Olly?

gonna be fuckin insane

Jura

« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2007, 08:46:20 AM »
^omg what a tragedy

Im not going to argue with you because I really dont care. I was just conversing with Sleazy as to facts of the situation.

You on the other hand, seem to have some hatred towards Josh and the Static 3 video. Whats up with that?
Im going to assume that youve never actually created something of such large proportions. Am I correct? Josh lives off his video making and to have the trailer leaked is just fucking rude. Simple as that.

Such a tragedy? No not really. But to someone whos put years of his life and his hard earned money into making something like this, yes, it is a tragedy.

But he even came back on here to make amends. I mean read his last post, it explains it all. No need to hate Greg. Seriously.

YEah, well, I pretty much realized after my first post that I was going to make a bad name for myself by tripping so hard.
But I was actually in the thick of finishing the website when a friend texted me to say he was already watching the trailer.
After 2 years of work, to have the shit snuck right out from under me was a serious broadsider, so I freaked out and wanted
blood. Still tho, I mean c'mon....can't I get atleast a LITTLE bit of compassion out there?....anybody?
Damnit, I just can't win can I? Oh well, I'll just stop while I'm behind.

killbot

• Rep: 13
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2007, 09:34:50 AM »
jura quick pull josh's dick out bobbys getting cold

Jura

« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2007, 09:39:04 AM »
jura quick pull josh's dick out bobbys getting cold

Good one! Youre so clever.

Seriously though, with wit as sharp as that, youre bound for stardom.

Honest.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #68 on: June 29, 2007, 09:47:19 AM »
Well, I had a low res version and a high res version on my ftp site. i just took down the low res one first until I realized my designer had it linked to the high res one. so now that's gone. Apparently nothing is sacred any more.....nothing.

there is no fucking way im paying money to watch this video when it comes out, so prepare to get bootlegged.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

imask8r914

• Rep: -3
« Reply #69 on: June 29, 2007, 10:33:39 AM »
if it's not worth paying money for u, then don't watch it.  but bootlegging it is just fucked...  u honestly don't feel bad taking 3 years of an honest man's life and flushing them down the drain?

beefheart

• Rep: -2
  • rise up and get dropped like an anchor
« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2007, 10:38:30 AM »

Guile

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2007, 10:52:56 AM »
if it's not worth paying money for u, then don't watch it.  but bootlegging it is just fucked...  u honestly don't feel bad taking 3 years of an honest man's life and flushing them down the drain?

explain the logic behind paying money to WATCH SOMEONE ELSE SKATEBOARD when you could simply go out and do it yourself.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

Jura

« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2007, 10:57:17 AM »
um...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmHs7uaeHEU&NR=1

Great job! You successfully made it to the end of the thread without reading any of the posts, Bravo!

Because if you did read, you would have realized that the trailer has been up for quite some time...

Jura

« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2007, 11:00:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

explain the logic behind paying money to WATCH SOMEONE ELSE SKATEBOARD when you could simply go out and do it yourself.

Are we supposed to believe that your skating is equal to anyones in the video? Come on now. Dont be silly.

And the reason you watch someone else skate, is to get psyched up. To be inspired. At least for me...

Guile

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2007, 11:02:16 AM »
so go get friends. you can watch them skate for free without out of focus slow mo bird\graffiti shots cutting in and out.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

Jura

« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2007, 11:04:29 AM »
so go get friends. you can watch them skate for free without out of focus slow mo bird\graffiti shots cutting in and out.

Trust. If my friends were Renaud, Olly Todd, Manfre, etc. Yes, I would go watch them in real life. But professionals, my friends are not. Plus, I work 50 hours a week, time for skating with friends is seriously lacking. Ive only got time to skate alone mostly. And hang with the chick.

imask8r914

« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2007, 11:05:18 AM »

no one's forcing you to watch it.  if you don't like it then don't watch it.  go out and skate man, no one's stopping you from that either.  
but "explain the logic behind" bootlegging a video from an independent filmmaker trying to put some flavor back into skating.

zach

• Rep: -1
  • skate for money
« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2007, 11:06:43 AM »

is this guy serious?  ok well fuck it, whats the point in listening to music, just go play some.  why watch a movie when you can just live your life.  watching basketball is just for lazy fucks that dont want to go ball.  magazines?  fuck those, take your own photos of yourself.

and furthermore, you know god damn well youve bought videos before, so just stop with your fake ass arguments.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #78 on: June 29, 2007, 11:08:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

no one's forcing you to watch it.  if you don't like it then don't watch it.  go out and skate man, no one's stopping you from that either.  
but "explain the logic behind" bootlegging a video from an independent filmmaker trying to put some flavor back into skating.

because that "filmmaker" is some sort of rainman style moron if he thinks hes going to make a penny off of a fucking skateboard video and needs to pull his self absorbed head out of his over stretched ass and realize he isnt worth that much money. every fucking kid owns the same equipment his ass does and they almost all get to skate with a group of people who kill it and can all make a stupid little video and try to get money from it. this fucker and this video are nothing special in this world and arent getting my money. im going to watch a bootlegged version of the video and enjoy every fucking second of it no matter how annoying the editing and 5-0 to cellar door shit is. cough fuck you cough.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

Guile

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2007, 11:10:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

is this guy serious?  ok well fuck it, whats the point in listening to music, just go play some.  why watch a movie when you can just live your life.  watching basketball is just for lazy fucks that dont want to go ball.  magazines?  fuck those, take your own photos of yourself.

and furthermore, you know god damn well youve bought videos before, so just stop with your fake ass arguments.

the arguement isnt have i bought videos the arguement is over video bootlegging so re think my comment and until then dont post another fucking word you dim piece of shit.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

Jura

« Reply #80 on: June 29, 2007, 11:14:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

no one's forcing you to watch it.  if you don't like it then don't watch it.  go out and skate man, no one's stopping you from that either. 
[close]

because that "filmmaker" is some sort of rainman style moron if he thinks hes going to make a penny off of a fucking skateboard video and needs to pull his self absorbed head out of his over stretched ass and realize he isnt worth that much money. every fucking kid owns the same equipment his ass does and they almost all get to skate with a group of people who kill it and can all make a stupid little video and try to get money from it. this fucker and this video are nothing special in this world and arent getting my money. im going to watch a bootlegged version of the video and enjoy every fucking second of it no matter how annoying the editing and 5-0 to cellar door shit is. cough fuck you cough.

All I heard there was, "Hate, hate, hate, hate. I wish I could do that for a living. Hate, hate, hate, hate."

killatape

« Reply #81 on: June 29, 2007, 11:15:33 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Well, you pretty much said what I was going to say, but in a much funnier way.
Seriously, I think people are fucking clueless these days.
Furthermore, videos these days are SERIOUSLY sucking, and much because the video industry is so watered down. Why is it watered down? Because fucking free videos that companies feel they HAVE to give out to compete with the onslaught of videos (mostly illegely uploaded) on BooTube. The videos I see nowadays are so below par it's almost sickening.
So when someone like Josh spends all his money (not to mention his heart and soul) into making videos that are truly classic, it seriously sucks to have people that are so willing to try to undermine him. Plain and simple.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #82 on: June 29, 2007, 11:17:46 AM »
all im saying is its some stupid fucking video, if no one buys it, its not the end of the fucking world. man you guys are turds, i miss the old board where the people were actually funny and fun to fuck with. now we have josh stewart and a bunch of puleo pussys in this bitch.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

imask8r914

« Reply #83 on: June 29, 2007, 11:19:49 AM »

HE'S NOT MAKING THE VID TO GET RICH!!!!!  with the age of the internet and people downloadin ur shit, it's hard to make any money off a skate vid.  he's in fuckin debt from the last vid he made.  buying static 3 isn't about helping out some corporate tycoon.  it's about helping a man that's trying to help skating.  and it needs all the help it can get!

Jura

« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2007, 11:21:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

HE'S NOT MAKING THE VID TO GET RICH!!!!!  with the age of the internet and people downloadin ur shit, it's hard to make any money off a skate vid.  he's in fuckin debt from the last vid he made.  buying static 3 isn't about helping out some corporate tycoon.  it's about helping a man that's trying to help skating.  and it needs all the help it can get!

Dont try to reason with Guile, he doesnt get it. All he wants to do is rustle peoples feathers and skate some handrails...

Guile

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #85 on: June 29, 2007, 11:21:44 AM »
the second i have the dvdr off irc im making multiple copys and giving them out for free at the park. then im gonna drive to the surrounding 3 citys big parks and give away copys there too. perfect dvd quality with menus and the extras included for anyone within walking distance.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

Guile

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #86 on: June 29, 2007, 11:22:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

HE'S NOT MAKING THE VID TO GET RICH!!!!!  with the age of the internet and people downloadin ur shit, it's hard to make any money off a skate vid.  he's in fuckin debt from the last vid he made.  buying static 3 isn't about helping out some corporate tycoon.  it's about helping a man that's trying to help skating.  and it needs all the help it can get!
[close]

Dont try to reason with Guile, he doesnt get it. All he wants to do is rustle peoples feathers and skate some handrails...

have you ever seen me skate a rail in a single one of my video parts or photos? thats what i thought.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

Jura

« Reply #87 on: June 29, 2007, 11:23:15 AM »
the second i have the dvdr off irc im making multiple copys and giving them out for free at the park. then im gonna drive to the surrounding 3 citys big parks and give away copys there too. perfect dvd quality with menus and the extras included for anyone within walking distance.

Sweet! Your so awesome!

And no, Ive never even noticed you before. Sorry, I didnt go stalk your posted skate footy on here.

imask8r914

« Reply #88 on: June 29, 2007, 11:26:43 AM »

what a rebel!

Guile

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #89 on: June 29, 2007, 11:27:50 AM »
sounds like someone wants a copy... ;)
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES