Author Topic: Element Shoes  (Read 6193 times)

Bubblegum Tate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Element Shoes
« on: June 30, 2007, 07:35:31 PM »
I know there element shoes but they look good. I wonder how they'll skate. I like Hi shoes a lot..

http://www.elementskateboards.com/shoes/fall07/
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 07:39:41 PM by Bubblegum Tate »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Silvio

• Rep: -1
Re: Element Shoes
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 07:40:07 PM »
those shoes are like muskas crappy skytop on supra
I have a Fight or Flight response.  I'm either fighting that baby or I'm getting the fuck outta there

actionjackson

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 07:40:12 PM »
they look a lot like  berra 3s, they look pretty good... as for element shoes the "mid jasper" dont look too bad

Edward Penishands

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 07:43:37 PM »
a friend of mine got them, (posts on here as 1000yearstooearly or something like that) anyway, he likes um a lot and i tried um on a skated um for a bit.  feel nice, kinda like a stiffer nike blazer.

isaac

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 08:21:57 PM »
that's the best line they've put out yet. 4 pair i'd skate anyway.

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 08:30:36 PM »
A friend of mine that does every flip trick under the sun got a pair of those, and they took months to rip. I still don't feel right saying 'Element shoes.'
One of my favorite lines is the one of spiked meth drnewton does off of lou pearlmans viarga and toddler-blood induced erection that finally puts that bitch 6 feet deep.

skatebored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2007, 08:49:26 PM »
I like the Quartz and the Omahas look pretty good too. Maybe its the smaller element font instead of that big ugly logo that helps them out. I wouldnt buy em, but I feel like Element might start becoming less of a kiddie company, they've been making a lot of good moves lately.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2007, 09:01:35 PM »
the omaha looks skateable but the high looks like you're regular for starting this topic.kook'd.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

ipost

• Rep: 1
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2007, 09:20:10 PM »
i love my omahighs, there pretty stiff at first but its leather so what are you gonna do. they grip great, all i skate is tranny so i dont know about the flip trick game.

mikefork

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2007, 09:31:12 PM »
they look sick but i already get enough shit for wearing nikes and adidas shoes by veryone at the local shop so i could never get myself to skate a pair of element shoes. not because of the amount of shit i would get, but because i would feel like a jerk wearing them

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2007, 10:25:26 PM »
*gasp*

a serious topic about element shoes? 

i hate to go all 'cool police' but even though they look 'great to skate in'  ,  wich may be true,  keep in mind...many other shoe companies make solid good-to-skate-in shoes (wich element has copied the designs for for a number of the models)

its element shoes.   I haven't been to a skate shop that sells them yet but you can get them in the mall....
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 10:27:28 PM by forks/knives save lives »

wheee!

Old Knees

• Rep: -20
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2007, 11:01:29 PM »
i just couldn't bring myself to buy/use/wear anything with an element logo on it. they are quite possibly the most banal and boring company in the history of skateboarding. top it off with their total lack of originality and they're pretty much fuckin worthless.
BOPSET

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2007, 07:58:07 AM »
i love hightops and i think those things are ugly...

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2007, 09:05:29 AM »
i don't care how ok they may look, they are still element shoes.

Beautifull

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -428
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2007, 09:09:40 AM »

Yeah, I'm going to wear some quick silver shoes.  Fuck that.  The hightops are hella ugly.  Like a cross between a blazer and a berra.  Have you seen them on Brent and Darell?  I'd way rather get those foolish looking Muska shoes than that Element garbage.  All their shoes are a bite of all the major skate companies.  And not doing a good job at it.  They are on some payless shit right now.  And I don't shop at payless. 

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2007, 09:12:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah, I'm going to wear some quick silver shoes.  Fuck that. 
billabong, dc is quicksilver.

daboss

• Rep: -56
  • ollies r teh fun
    • olliemag avatar image
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2007, 09:44:18 AM »
So you wouldn't skate a good shoe because the logo? That's silly. People skate Nikes , nike has NOTHING to do with skateboarding. They bought their way back into skateboarding and made themselves cool so now everyone likes them? Weird. I always thought you just skated. That's it, it's not about fashion or who would give you shit for wearing what, just show up and fucking skate.

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2007, 09:50:29 AM »
nike have made shoes for a long time, many of which happened to be great to skate in. element is a skateboard company that now makes shoes. would you buy a dc board?

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2007, 09:59:02 AM »
if i had to the only shoes i would skate are the jasper mids..........
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

daboss

• ollies r teh fun
    • olliemag avatar image
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2007, 10:05:46 AM »
nike have made shoes for a long time, many of which happened to be great to skate in. element is a skateboard company that now makes shoes. would you buy a dc board?

nike is not a skateboard shoe company. They are a giant shoe company that thought they needed to break into the 5.4 billion dollar a year skateboard industry.

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2007, 10:12:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

nike is not a skateboard shoe company. They are a giant shoe company that thought they needed to break into the 5.4 billion dollar a year skateboard industry.
element is owned by a giant surf clothing company, whats the fucking difference? the anti-nike sentiment is very tiresome.

miff

• Rep: -8
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2007, 10:18:43 AM »
Element creeps me out.

They have great people involved... Team and Graphics.

But I can never understand how Element just comes off as a big BITE. Over and over.

isaac

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2007, 10:41:35 AM »
let me add, i'd skate them if i didn't have to pay for them.

daboss

• ollies r teh fun
    • olliemag avatar image
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2007, 10:45:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
element is owned by a giant surf clothing company, whats the fucking difference? the anti-nike sentiment is very tiresome.

Girl SKATEBOARDS makes jeans, tshirts,socks,belts,etc etc etc... yet no shit for that kind of thing? I thought a SKATEBOARD company should only make SKATEBOARDS....

It's not anti nike per-se it's that people care who things are made by and have a preconcieved idea of what a company should be. For me, Nike is gay. For you Element is gay. No worries. Different opinions. Nike will make skateboards eventually, like they make tennis rackets, baseball bats and football jerseys. Nike makes FOOTBALL jerseys, you don't see a problem with that?

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2007, 11:01:50 AM »
shoes are different from accessories. they just are. the thing about nike is that most of the time they do put research and thought into their products. i still use the insoles from a pair of URL's that i had 4 years ago.

i wouldn't have had such a problem with the element shoes if they had taken a different name. it sucks when companies become "one stop shops". when dc riders started dropping clothing sponsors to ride dc clothing i though that was incredibly lame, too.

Old Knees

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2007, 11:17:38 AM »
So you wouldn't skate a good shoe because the logo?

yes, because as i quite clearly stated, that logo represents "...quite possibly the most banal and boring company in the history of skateboarding. top it off with their total lack of originality and they're pretty much fuckin worthless."
BOPSET

daboss

• ollies r teh fun
    • olliemag avatar image
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2007, 11:25:08 AM »
shoes are different from accessories. they just are. the thing about nike is that most of the time they do put research and thought into their products. i still use the insoles from a pair of URL's that i had 4 years ago.

i wouldn't have had such a problem with the element shoes if they had taken a different name. it sucks when companies become "one stop shops". when dc riders started dropping clothing sponsors to ride dc clothing i though that was incredibly lame, too.

There's no doubt that Nike makes great shoes. I just can't buy them.

I don't know about the multi brand thing, it's just weird to me. It's basically the same company with a different logo and look... i'm in the marketing end of things and i know how it all works, it's pretty simple how Nike got into skatebaording actually... just did things grass roots and everyone was like "oh hey, look, Nike cares about us" , and yes they have done some great contests and they support pros but when all is said and done, when the money dries up in skateboarding will they still be making shoes like Vans or Sole Tech? I would have to say that they'd probably pull the plug because it's not financially good for Nike as a whole.

They are deffinitely putting money into skaters pockets which i think is fucking awesome, but i don't see any heart in what they are doing.

Old Knees

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2007, 11:34:24 AM »
hahaha, you might want to retract that statement in regards to vans. vans were very notably absent from skateboarding in the 90's, please believe. when airwalk died vans quietly ducked out of the skate world for a few years. when they made their return there were many a skeptical opinion heard amongst the skate publications of the day.

people have very short memories.
BOPSET

max power

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2007, 11:39:50 AM »
I don't know about the multi brand thing, it's just weird to me. It's basically the same company with a different logo and look... i'm in the marketing end of things and i know how it all works, it's pretty simple how Nike got into skatebaording actually... just did things grass roots and everyone was like "oh hey, look, Nike cares about us" , and yes they have done some great contests and they support pros but when all is said and done, when the money dries up in skateboarding will they still be making shoes like Vans or Sole Tech? I would have to say that they'd probably pull the plug because it's not financially good for Nike as a whole.

They are deffinitely putting money into skaters pockets which i think is fucking awesome, but i don't see any heart in what they are doing.

they seem to have more heart than many "core" (god, i hate that term) shoe companies. regardless, they will be around for a long while yet and if they do get out of skateboarding at some point at least we will have the memories, some good shoes and hopefully a great vid.

isaac

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2007, 11:47:01 AM »
If Element shoes can get non-Element board riders on the team then that'll be something. so far it's just a new version of Vision. not saying anything about the owners of Element, just a similar deal i think.