Author Topic: Element Shoes  (Read 6194 times)

daboss

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -56
  • ollies r teh fun
    • olliemag avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Element Shoes
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2007, 12:14:05 PM »
Expand Quote
I don't know about the multi brand thing, it's just weird to me. It's basically the same company with a different logo and look... i'm in the marketing end of things and i know how it all works, it's pretty simple how Nike got into skatebaording actually... just did things grass roots and everyone was like "oh hey, look, Nike cares about us" , and yes they have done some great contests and they support pros but when all is said and done, when the money dries up in skateboarding will they still be making shoes like Vans or Sole Tech? I would have to say that they'd probably pull the plug because it's not financially good for Nike as a whole.

They are deffinitely putting money into skaters pockets which i think is fucking awesome, but i don't see any heart in what they are doing.
[close]

they seem to have more heart than many "core" (god, i hate that term) shoe companies. regardless, they will be around for a long while yet and if they do get out of skateboarding at some point at least we will have the memories, some good shoes and hopefully a great vid.

I don't think they will get out of skateboarding, i just think they might become another Supra or something, a mall brand that all the hipsters like. I ALMOST bought some omahighs the other day because i thought they looked pretty dorky. and i'm a dork.

pilz

• Rep: 0
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2007, 06:45:10 PM »
Element creeps me out.

They have great people involved... Team and Graphics.

But I can never understand how Element just comes off as a big BITE. Over and over.

Maybe because their logo is a total rip off of the Boise Cascade paper company logo? Maybe because the real people running billabong/element are actually the kooks who brought us Gotcha back in the late 80's early 90's. Billabong was ok when Bob Hurley was involved, but they forced him out and brought in the geniuses behind the malled out shark man neon Gotcha graphics your mom used to buy you from Sears back in the early 90's. That shit is whack like a heart attack, read Andy Howell's Life, Art and Skateboarding to find out how he got forced out of a company he started.

blank.

• Rep: -3
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2007, 07:11:18 PM »
looks like shoes for the muska fan that cant afford his supra shoe but still wants to look like him

Edward Penishands

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2007, 08:13:21 PM »
<rant>

EVERY SINGLE COMPANY OUT THERE ARE SUIT & TIE JERK OFFS THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH SKATEBOARDING, SOME HAVE MORE SKATEBOARDERS WORKING FOR THEM SOME HAVE LESS, SORRY TO YELL (metaphorically of course.......) BUT GET THE FUCK OVER IT!!!!!!!

</rant>

:)

Duffy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 33
  • talkin mad shit kid
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2007, 08:23:39 PM »
For some reason to me, I can't imagine looking down skating a deck-company shoe while skating a different deck.  I know it really 'shouldn't matter', but I just can't.  Look at Fourstar, it's Girl Clothing, basically, but they're smart and can have non-Girl/Chocolate riders on, such as PJ Ladd, The Gonz, and Max Schaff because it's really NOT Girl Clothing.  If Element made a new shoe company with these very same designs, but without an Element Logo, I'd be pretty fuckin stoked.

hairyarmpit

« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2007, 11:56:57 PM »
For some reason to me, I can't imagine looking down skating a deck-company shoe while skating a different deck.  I know it really 'shouldn't matter', but I just can't.  Look at Fourstar, it's Girl Clothing, basically, but they're smart and can have non-Girl/Chocolate riders on, such as PJ Ladd, The Gonz, and Max Schaff because it's really NOT Girl Clothing.  If Element made a new shoe company with these very same designs, but without an Element Logo, I'd be pretty fuckin stoked.

yeah but there not trying to stoke you out , there trying to sell shoes to the 100 million people that have bought element t shirts

magnet

• Rep: 2
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2007, 01:37:44 AM »
That's probably it.  Element was still kind of decent up until the early 2000's.  Now it's harder to find the person wearing Element that does skate (who's not on their board/wheel/clothes/shoe/truck/bearing team). 

Truth is many brands although people who skate still wear them majority of them went mainstream/hipster a long time ago.  From a business standpoint (make money or get shut down) it makes sense to sell to the clueless masses since they'll have no problem overpaying for delayed coolness while the skaters whine about when the stuff used to be cheaper and less popular.

Replace any rants about Element with DC, Independent, Diamond, etc.

Those highs might be useful for people who don't like their jeans to drag as they could probably tuck them in.

SeanaPaul

• Rep: 4
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2007, 07:08:32 AM »
I like how the Omahigh write up says "who else could pull off an old school basketball high top?".

Try high top dunks you muppets.
This is bizarre it is like he is just taking the Krew/Supra approach to marketing, but using it in his own pursuit of sponsorship letting the lifestyle shots do all the work.

Riyanne Adion

« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2010, 07:32:05 PM »
Those are eye-catching shoes. There are many choices of shoes that you can find here. I like the OMAHIGH; it has a good design and looks durable.

NCSB

• Rep: 15
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2010, 07:33:27 PM »
Thanks Riyanna  ;)

torrence hatch

« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2010, 07:48:49 PM »
didnt think my first post would be hate but shit,
those all look terrible. wheres the tim tims, they were sick

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • Free Max B
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2010, 09:44:43 PM »
nice, glad to see this back.
FREE MAX B

MrDreamPop

• Rep: -86
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2010, 11:04:14 PM »
didnt think my first post would be hate but shit,
those all look terrible. wheres the tim tims, they were sick
they're right here http://www.6pm.com/mens-element-shoes
the carnegies and halifaxes look good too.
life poser

Il Gimmi

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2010, 11:17:16 PM »
After reading the starting post in the thread and clicking the link I was expecting to see something worth while. Honestly, it looks like mediocre footwear line that up against legit brands would just disappear on a footwear wall.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2010, 11:29:04 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me