Author Topic: Trick Tips  (Read 137673 times)

DrNewton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Trick Tips
« on: July 09, 2007, 02:29:20 PM »
I've noticed alot of you asking for trick tips. I'll post a couple for the threads I recall, but post tricks here and maybe people will help you out.

Frontside feebles: This is a tough one, and I suggest going for it on a tallish round rail first. Go at a fast speed, only pop as high as the rail (otherwise the force will cause your front truck to come down) and keep most of your weight on your back foot as you slide. Keep your balance as you lock in, like you are doing a manual.

Kickflip: This shit is hard to learn. Start out going slow, with your foot right below the bolts. Pop and flick the board out at the same time in one fluid motion, and jump as you pop. Then just focus on landing on the board.

One of my favorite lines is the one of spiked meth drnewton does off of lou pearlmans viarga and toddler-blood induced erection that finally puts that bitch 6 feet deep.

Bill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
  • Back?
    • Divine Clothing & Design avatar image
Re: Trick Tips
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2007, 04:31:16 PM »

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2007, 07:32:25 PM »
HAHA, a five page thread from 2005.

This one is pinned so it should help clean up the Help forum and actually be effective.
One of my favorite lines is the one of spiked meth drnewton does off of lou pearlmans viarga and toddler-blood induced erection that finally puts that bitch 6 feet deep.

koots

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 52
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2007, 09:07:25 PM »
I know a dude that's a wushu black belt...he's got the most insane triple kickflips...

anyways...kick...but flick with the ankle.
Ok,

You must be new to the Skateboard game.  This is real industry talk.  "It's all about who you know".  And that's real.
  Beautiful

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 12:15:47 AM »
backside 360s

Bill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
  • Back?
    • Divine Clothing & Design avatar image
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 02:34:45 AM »
HAHA, a five page thread from 2005.

This one is pinned so it should help clean up the Help forum and actually be effective.

Why not just get the other topic pinned instead?  It already has 5 pages of people giving trick tips.

stagefright

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -47
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2007, 02:39:39 AM »
id like to vote for dr. newtons an idiot
we toked a marley and i split back to the park, minding my own busineess when a rollerblader mean mugs..i let it go.

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2007, 06:02:48 AM »
Quote from: Tommy Tutone
Why not just get the other topic pinned instead?  It already has 5 pages of people giving trick tips.

Go PM a moderator yourself.

Quote from: stagefright

I'd like to vote for stagefright to get out.

Backside 360s: It always helps me to roll up on these at a slight angle in the direction I'm going to spin. Wind up all you can, and roll up like you are going to do a backside 180.  Pop as high as you can, and it you should spin atleast 270 degrees right away, but hopefully 360. If you do stop spinning you'll have to force the rest of the rotation with your foot right before you land.

Math Professor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23

Poloroids

• Rep: -2
  • El BentMo?
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2007, 12:59:23 PM »
Quote from: Tommy Tutone
Expand Quote
[close]

Go PM a moderator yourself.

Quote from: stagefright
Expand Quote
[close]

I'd like to vote for stagefright to get out.

I think you should ask the slap pals about that.
"God is just an imaginary friend for grown ups" -Tim O'Connor

leon

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2007, 11:40:26 AM »

vic-film

• Rep: -15
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2007, 12:12:55 PM »

tamponboy

• Rep: -2
  • What did i just eat?
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2007, 09:34:55 PM »
frontside 360 heelflip. i've been working at it for weeks, but i've only landed it twice. ls there anyway it could be easier or somehting?
"Fuck Jazz Too!"

I have no life

• Rep: 0
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2007, 05:50:55 PM »
frontside 360 heelflip. i've been working at it for weeks, but i've only landed it twice. ls there anyway it could be easier or somehting?

Yeaahhh, thats a hard one, first off you gotta have frontside 3's really consistent, im on the same boat as you trying to learn them, but what I do is hang my toes off a little more than I would for a regular heel, back foot on the very corner of the heel side of the board, pop, spin shoulders, watch the flick, but every time ive landed them its been a revert, so what I try to do is catch it not at exactly 270 but somewhere around 200 I guess, the momentum of your shoulders should be still going and when you feel the board hit the ground just try and force it around with your feet. Dunno if that helped, but its a hard trick and really no explanation is needed, just practice.

Could someone help me out with nollie flips? I can switch flip really well, but ive been struggling with nollie flips for like 2 years, every time I get a good pop and flick i end up either in front of the board or in nose manual. Im clueless.

the j

• Rep: -16
  • you know how i do
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2007, 06:31:19 PM »
can someone hook it up with some tips on nose grinds, i cant get onto any nose trick unless its nollie and its a little embarrassing

tag_king

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2007, 07:25:36 AM »
can someone hook it up with some tips on nose grinds, i cant get onto any nose trick unless its nollie and its a little embarrassing

I don't know if this will help you, but aim your front truck right to the ledge/rail, as in just put it there. Don't ollie any higher then the obstacle because coming down will stop you dead. Like the front feebs only go as high as you have too.

Juicy

• Yeah!
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2007, 04:27:28 PM »
Having ollie nose mannys really consistent helps with nosegrinds too.

dirtjers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
  • Far out man.
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2007, 06:21:20 PM »
nosegrind and k grinds are really just weight distribution. all the weight on your pop foot (exaggerate this motion for switch nose/k grinds), pop and transfer it all to the front so you can aim the trick, then as soon you make contact you equal it out. this way all your weight isn't stopping you from that long cruiselike grind experience you're chasing after. its all about being able to stand up on your foot without really holding all your pressure there. this is why nosemanuals help so much, because thats the name of the game there. it helps on front nosegrinds (and nosemanuals) to kind of throw your hip forwards so your body stays centered in the middle, if that makes any sense. if you watch anyone do a long nosemanual you should notice what i mean. i am the worst at typing how to do a trick, but i hope this helps with your problem of not being able to ollie into these tricks!

big milly style

• Rep: -1
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2007, 04:09:20 PM »
ok feebles on ledges. any help?? they got me. i just do like a lazy salad grind/regular 50-50.

Juicy

• Yeah!
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2007, 06:12:54 PM »
I learned these about a year ago, I think the key is not so much to be on top of the ledge but kind of grinding on the edge of it, like the actual corner of the ledge itself, unless its a skinny enough ledge to where you can actually lap your front truck over the other side of it and grind on top easily.

dirtjers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
  • Far out man.
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2007, 12:51:19 PM »
fakie crooks. how? this seems like one of those tricks i should be able to do, but i cant seem to figure out the secret to making it work.

Juicy

• Yeah!
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2007, 06:45:47 PM »
Hmm, this is kind of embarassing but I've wanted to learn slappies for a while, I'm guessing you just kinda ride parallel and hit the curb in like a wallride/wallie kind of motion? Can anyone explain exactly how one is done? ???

HenryChinaski

• Rep: 28
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2007, 10:07:31 PM »
Hmm, this is kind of embarassing but I've wanted to learn slappies for a while, I'm guessing you just kinda ride parallel and hit the curb in like a wallride/wallie kind of motion? Can anyone explain exactly how one is done? ???
They are more of a carving/slashing motion then a wallride/wallie motion. You have to approach the obstacle fast, and at a slight angle. Then carve up on to the curb (or whatever you wish to slappy) while putting weight to your toe side for a backside slappy, or your heel side for a front side one, which causes the two wheels facing the curb to pop up, allowing your trucks to get up on to the curb and into the grind. It helps to lean back just a bit so that your momentum pushes you through the grind. You want to learn them on a low painted or waxed curb, and I think that the backside ones are easier to learn at first. They feel awesome when you get them, it is a fun trick to do while just cruising down the street.
"You don't know what I'm all about like killing cops and reading Kerouac."

Mullet Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -424
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2007, 12:18:49 PM »
Crooked grinds. Frontside, on ledges.

I just can't get 'em to lock in. Help!

shutupbitch

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2007, 10:24:07 PM »
Crooked grinds. Frontside, on ledges.

I just can't get 'em to lock in. Help!

parallel with block. Like right at it. I hav mo success if I get it inbetween nose grind and crooks and lay into it and force it into crooks. leaning back but wit
my weight centered over my back leg but my front is stabbing that biotch and keeping it in crooks. then just pull it straight.

shutupbitch

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2007, 10:27:59 PM »
fakie crooks. how? this seems like one of those tricks i should be able to do, but i cant seem to figure out the secret to making it work.

slight angle and a fat fakie ollie and just jab it in there with back foot. Weight over nose but your legs are pushing it thru da grind. When I do it
I hardly ever stick cause of my weight balance. I'll mostly slip out from grinding to fast cuz of my weight placement. Pop out like a piomp.

In ea skate this is curl-up circle.

tehmizzark

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 17
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2007, 11:57:43 PM »
is this really a thread

shutupbitch

« Reply #27 on: September 12, 2007, 12:04:42 AM »
is this really a thread

and to answer yo question... to ollie just set your feet up and ollie bitch!

tehmizzark

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 17
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2007, 12:07:40 AM »
Expand Quote
is this really a thread
[close]

and to answer yo question... to ollie just set your feet up and ollie bitch!

Every time you take a breath you're hindering the advancement of the human race

shutupbitch

« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2007, 12:15:23 AM »
yu cant betray me... yo user name is in ebonics.

tehmizzark in english means "The Mark".

See ya mark ass buster... ass buster is yo last name  right?