Author Topic: Trick Tips  (Read 137721 times)

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: Trick Tips
« Reply #210 on: May 02, 2008, 02:00:11 PM »
big spins front boards anyone?  inspired by chris troy but lack the skills....
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

EricLogan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #211 on: May 06, 2008, 02:21:33 PM »
I've been wanting to learn these, too

I've been told you just ride up at whatever you're doing it on at an angle, do as tall as a pop shuvit as you can do, and just sorta turn it a little to push it into a frontboard.

I'mma try this out next time I'm near a decent flat bar
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #212 on: May 06, 2008, 11:41:15 PM »
damn my pop shuvits are kinda low but ill give it a whirl this weekend.... thanks anyway....
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Tuna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #213 on: May 09, 2008, 10:53:46 PM »
nollie backside flips please

nevermind i figured them out.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #214 on: May 11, 2008, 04:49:38 AM »
fs and bs 180's out of manuals anyone?  i just cant seem to rotate the last bit and always end up on my face....

is a slight pop necessary to exit 180 from manuals?

thanks...
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

BriDen

« Reply #215 on: May 11, 2008, 05:59:29 AM »
fs and bs 180's out of manuals anyone?  i just cant seem to rotate the last bit and always end up on my face....

thanks...

I found the most important thing is that you remember to use your upper body, and you really have to throw your weight around to get the full 180. If you can pivot from a manual to a fakie manual on flatground, it's a much similar motion to that. It would also help to do a lot of manuals to ollie out.

If you can get a pop out, it will help (especially going frontside), but I wouldn't say that it's necessary. Even if you don't get a nice pop out, a little tap of the tail will get it done. Unless you can get a solid pop out every try, chances are you will be pivoting/powersliding on the landings, so be prepared for that.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #216 on: May 11, 2008, 10:01:51 AM »
Expand Quote

thanks...
[close]

I found the most important thing is that you remember to use your upper body, and you really have to throw your weight around to get the full 180. If you can pivot from a manual to a fakie manual on flatground, it's a much similar motion to that. It would also help to do a lot of manuals to ollie out.

If you can get a pop out, it will help (especially going frontside), but I wouldn't say that it's necessary. Even if you don't get a nice pop out, a little tap of the tail will get it done. Unless you can get a solid pop out every try, chances are you will be pivoting/powersliding on the landings, so be prepared for that.

cool, thanks for the good info.... ill try it at the park tmr if i can get up to skate....
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

erik.

• Rep: 14
« Reply #217 on: May 13, 2008, 05:08:10 PM »
Need help/tips on 360 flips.

I usually have a hard time getting them to flip. I can get the board to do the 360 shove part, but I lack on the kickflip part of it.

When I get them to flip properly, my back foot lands on the front bolts, so it's behind me. How would I go about correcting that?

gibson

• Rep: -17
« Reply #218 on: May 13, 2008, 05:43:25 PM »
Try to bring your back foot in the direction of your front foot when you scoop if you understand what I mean. Other than that just keep trying it everyone goes through that. You just need to get used to doing the motion.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #219 on: May 15, 2008, 08:08:58 AM »
i'm fighting w. this one right now still....but i find if you put enough pressure on your front foot...it's gonna flip...so you kinda load up on the front then fling your back foot...

BobbyPuleoJr

• Rep: -3
« Reply #220 on: May 17, 2008, 06:53:18 PM »
Hardlfips. For the love of god hardflips. I landed on a couple sketchy ones today, but I want to get them consistant. I'm trying to do them the proper way (horizontal flip, not between the legs)

gravel pitch

« Reply #221 on: May 17, 2008, 07:28:06 PM »
Hardlfips. For the love of god hardflips. I landed on a couple sketchy ones today, but I want to get them consistant. I'm trying to do them the proper way (horizontal flip, not between the legs)

To get them horizontal, you have to turn your hips slightly with the board, and flick out with your front food toward your backside as much as you can. it's a really awkward feeling at first, but you get used to it.

Gest

« Reply #222 on: May 17, 2008, 08:59:14 PM »
crooks pop over? i was trying this a few weeks ago kindof and would really like ta do it

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #223 on: May 18, 2008, 07:15:03 AM »

1) back foot in the corner of the tail, in a fs pop shove position

2) front foot behind the bolts, somewhere around the middle of the board works well for me

3) pop a fs shove and drag your front foot up the grip, then sorta diagonal, flick off at the edge of the concave

4) it helps to kick your front foot out a lot to give the board room to flip

5) catch on the board

Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #224 on: May 20, 2008, 10:07:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

thanks...
[close]

[close]

cool, thanks for the good info.... ill try it at the park tmr if i can get up to skate....

popping an ollie out is kind of tough but i found that doing a little powerslide out of them makes it easier.
you know how you do a BS 180 powerslide just on the rear wheels?  you know, how you lift the front wheels a little bit and slide on your back wheels?   just do that when you're about to come off the manny pad.  its not too hard, just make sure to swing your arms and turn your hips.

the FS 180 out is a little tougher but if you work a pivot in there, it'll make your life easier.  the key is to get your hips turning really fast and doing the quickest FS 180 possible.  it took a little longer for me to learn this one than the BS out ones but once you learn them, you'll have them for life.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #225 on: May 21, 2008, 07:10:29 AM »
how fast should you go to 180 out of a manny?  i usually go pretty slow, balance the manny out all the way and just cant 180 out....

edit: fs smiths on flatbars anyone?  i can get the lock just fine but i keep sticking and dont grind....  perhaps im ollieing too high into them??
« Last Edit: May 21, 2008, 07:22:56 AM by rocklobster »
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #226 on: May 21, 2008, 08:25:18 AM »
how fast should you go to 180 out of a manny?  i usually go pretty slow, balance the manny out all the way and just cant 180 out....

edit: fs smiths on flatbars anyone?  i can get the lock just fine but i keep sticking and dont grind....  perhaps im ollieing too high into them??

i find it easier when i'm going faster as i do with most tricks. 
if i go all slow i tend to lose my balance much quicker.  just like if you were doing a boardslide, the faster the easier.     
if i'm going fast, i don't have to fight to hold my balance as long which makes the 180 out easier as well as any other trick out of a manny. 

the secret to FS smiths is to lean back and put almost all your weight on your back foot(like 5% of your weight in front, 95% in back).  try ollieing just the right height to get on.  if you ollie too high you'll come down with all your weight on the flatbar which makes it harder to gain your balance and to lock it in.   

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #227 on: May 21, 2008, 10:38:44 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i find it easier when i'm going faster as i do with most tricks. 
if i go all slow i tend to lose my balance much quicker.  just like if you were doing a boardslide, the faster the easier.     
if i'm going fast, i don't have to fight to hold my balance as long which makes the 180 out easier as well as any other trick out of a manny. 

the secret to FS smiths is to lean back and put almost all your weight on your back foot(like 5% of your weight in front, 95% in back).  try ollieing just the right height to get on.  if you ollie too high you'll come down with all your weight on the flatbar which makes it harder to gain your balance and to lock it in.   

one again, helpful and gnar from me.... ill try it out this friday...
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Gest

« Reply #228 on: May 21, 2008, 08:53:24 PM »
i have never ever even tried a smith on a flatbar... ledges though, favorite trick on ledges ever, and even then i've never done one at the end of the ledge, only pop out and other variations, 180, front shove, front board, etc.

just have your nose already dipped and ready, try not to keep it too dipped, it's good to have a really weak first couple smiths, you know the ones, where it's hard to tell if it was a smith or 5050. then just the more you get comftorable the better they'll get

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #229 on: May 23, 2008, 12:55:58 PM »
Frontside noseblunts on ledges
Nollie heels.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #230 on: May 23, 2008, 02:38:32 PM »
for noseblunts on ledges, your best bet is to start off with a ledge that isn't too tall, and has a beginning and end, and isn't too terribly long, maybe 5-6 ft, and wide enough to ride on.

What I found that helps is to do a couple nose manny's and nosegrinds to sorta brush up on the ollie-into-nose-trick feel, and then when you feel comfortable, ollie like you're gonna nosemanny real close to the edge and just turn it a little and poke your front end down enough so that it locks in. I say to approach it like a nosemanny, cause that way even if you don't get into it that great, you won't slip out akwardly onto your hip like when trying noseblunts in the middle of a ledge goes sour. The sick thing about noseblunts fs and bs is that you can be sorta light-footed with it and just sorta dance around it till getting into it starts feeling good. So just start off sorta slow, ollie big, and put a lot of effort into getting your nose locked in on the edge, when you've got that, start going faster and forcing it like you would a lipslide, pushing it and making it slide is all in your front foot, your back foot more or less will just help turning out of it. I prefer going back to regular, it feels sicker. So when you're sliding it good, keep your shoulders wound back like when you do a lipslide or tailslide to regular (check Heath's tailslide posture for an example). When you get to the end of the ledge, just use your shoulder momentum to forse that pig off the end.

Once you got that shit dialed, you can start trying it in the middle of ledges and on hubbas n' shit, it's definately a cool feeling trick down stuff. Plus once you've done a few, you've got it forever.

There's one at 3:13 I did if it helps to see one at all, or validates my step-by-step

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNsbifmSLYc

good luck, and report back with your results
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

neko

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #231 on: May 23, 2008, 07:05:15 PM »
for nollie heels, i set my front foot up just as i would on a nollie, but my back foot is right in front of the back bolts and at a slight angle towards the nose with just my toes hanging off the board. keep your shoulders square pop the nose hard, and as board starts to pop in the air, i lift my back foot up so that only the ball of my foot is on the board, then flick out with the heel. then i do everything you've already heard about landing a flip trick, catch the board mid air over the bolts and land. hope this helps.

nollie heels are a little weird (for me, at least) in that the flick is so, so subtle...i have to flick the fuck out of my switch heels, but nollie heels just kinda flow naturally.  it's a pretty easy trick to pop high...mine are probably higher than my kickflips.  they feel really, really good.

tiger woods

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
« Reply #232 on: May 24, 2008, 10:46:29 AM »
Expand Quote
for nollie heels, i set my front foot up just as i would on a nollie, but my back foot is right in front of the back bolts and at a slight angle towards the nose with just my toes hanging off the board. keep your shoulders square pop the nose hard, and as board starts to pop in the air, i lift my back foot up so that only the ball of my foot is on the board, then flick out with the heel. then i do everything you've already heard about landing a flip trick, catch the board mid air over the bolts and land. hope this helps.
[close]

nollie heels are a little weird (for me, at least) in that the flick is so, so subtle...i have to flick the fuck out of my switch heels, but nollie heels just kinda flow naturally.  it's a pretty easy trick to pop high...mine are probably higher than my kickflips.  they feel really, really good.

its the complete opposite for me, my ss heels feel more natural than my nollie heels, and i definitely pop them higher. but nollie heels are probably my favorite flatground trick at the moment, nice way to start off a line.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #233 on: May 24, 2008, 11:56:33 AM »
This is the blind leading the blind.

GIRL Workshop B

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -347
  • Gino Clause
« Reply #234 on: May 24, 2008, 12:24:41 PM »
word, childoftheghetto

tiger woods

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
« Reply #235 on: May 24, 2008, 12:45:47 PM »
i think the both of you are fucking idiots.

neko

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #236 on: May 24, 2008, 08:17:04 PM »

GIRL Workshop B

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -347
  • Gino Clause
« Reply #237 on: May 24, 2008, 09:06:32 PM »

StokedTaco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -180
« Reply #238 on: May 24, 2008, 09:19:36 PM »

neko

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #239 on: May 24, 2008, 09:59:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]
suck cock, fucker.

man, internet threats are so bold.  i believe i may have just been served.