Author Topic: Coming to New York City  (Read 7019 times)

vanilladutch

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 2
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Coming to New York City
« Reply #60 on: July 25, 2007, 06:16:22 AM »
whats the open bottle law like there?

Be careful, you'll get a ticket quick but if you're lucky they'll just pour it out.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 06:18:07 AM by vanilladutch »

vanilladutch

• Rep: 2
« Reply #61 on: July 25, 2007, 06:17:36 AM »
Brooklyn son! Carrol Gardens area. You? Yeah we most likely have seen each other at some point, although probably in my first year here, since then I've stuck mainly to solo night missions and spot hunts!

Let me know if you ever fancy a shred...

Maybe you'd have friends if you didn't say things like "Brookyln Son" or "Fancy A Shred"...maybe you're just a herb?

moustache

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2007, 08:35:11 AM »
Haha. Oh dear. Dude, it's a fucking message board. You think I go around saying "Brooklyn Son", every chance I get?! "shred" ont he other hand... Nothing wrong with "shred". It works especially well if you skate in such a way that shredding is the last possible thing anyone would think of to describe your skating...

I agree with some of the other shit though... It is what it is, and yeah I guess if you expect to get vibed then you're gonna feel like you do. Regardless, I think a lot of this has come off as hate. or like I'm moaning. I'm not at all. I'm stoked to be in NY and stoked on skating here. I just do my own thing a lot of the time. Some people are going to be cool, others not, and it's just the way it is.

New places take time to adjust to, but there's plenty here that's rad, and plenty of people that are too. I was just calling it like I see it. And honestly; that's the way thigns look to me in NY.

Sorry if you're down with all the dudes, and take offense. I'm just saying it like I see it. And I'll be happy to be wrong.

moustache

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2007, 08:43:28 AM »
PS. Soapbox: let's "shred"

H8R

« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2007, 09:14:36 AM »
WHOA-WHOA-WHOA!!!
the quartersnacks guys aren't going anywhere? can you please clarify that statement, please?

nothing to clarify.  i think some(not all) of the dudes and their assholish ways are going to keep them from making it, thats just my opinion.  i feel people looking to get sponsored should be cool to everyone, not just the peeps who are already somebodies or people that kiss their asses.  how hard is it to just give a nod and just be down.

Also, although my allegiances will always rest with Autumn, I would say that 80% of the Supreme guys are down to earth as fuck, and would be happy to go skating or show spots.

don't get me wrong, some of the dudes there are actually nice guys, but some of them are complete assholes.  i'm not going to name names or anything but i've seen some straight dick shit going on in there.  this is nothing new, everyone knows this.

Also, moustache and h8r, whoever you guys really are, it would behoove you guys to be a little more upen-minded. Maybe I'm blind to it, but I've seen a lot more shit-talking elitism amongst skaters in other cities.

i am openminded.  i get along with just about everyone, supreme/TF/QS/autumn/KCDC but that doesn't mean the people i get along aren't assholes to other people.  thats my point.  i'm down for anyone who skates whether they're 8 or 80, whether they're awesome or not, i wish more skaters would be like this but thats just wishful thinking on my part.   :-\   

SoapboxStance

• Rep: -6
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2007, 09:48:11 AM »
now i'm scared to shred.
I'm gonna start asking people that sheepisly creep into autumn if they're "h8r" or "moustache". that's gonna go over real well. that's like asking someone if they have genital warts, or if they secretly stick their fingers up their own ass while jerking off to snuff films.
How bout not?
I see what you guys are saying, but I consider a lot of these people mentioned and dismissed as my friends, and I hope that I don't come off as an elitist asshole.
so be it.

H8R

« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2007, 10:03:59 AM »
now i'm scared to shred.
I'm gonna start asking people that sheepisly creep into autumn if they're "h8r" or "moustache". that's gonna go over real well. that's like asking someone if they have genital warts, or if they secretly stick their fingers up their own ass while jerking off to snuff films.
How bout not?
I see what you guys are saying, but I consider a lot of these people mentioned and dismissed as my friends, and I hope that I don't come off as an elitist asshole.
so be it.

i have nothing against you, you seem to be a nice guy.   actually i'm pretty sure everyone on here is a nice guy if we we're all able to actually meet up in person and skate.  its just that people tones, facial expressions, sarcasm, jokes, etc are misinterpreted when you're reading it on your computer screeen as opposed to someone saying it in front of you.  anyway, no harm no foul.  :)

moustache

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2007, 10:11:09 AM »
Dude I was being friendly... no sarcasm intended. Like I said: sorry if you're friends with the people mentioned, I wasn't talking shit on anyone, just discussing the supposed "new york vibe". That's all.

Relax. I like me genital warts.

I'm sure most people on here, would be cool as fuck in "the real world". If you can talk about all this shit, and it not resort to name calling and "fuck you's" then I think you're probably a decent person.

This stuff is getting out of hand.

NYC is rad as fuck. For skating or otherwise. Like I said, skate around talk to people, you're bound to find dudes to skate with. Just because I haven't doesn't mean it's not there. I have social retardation. Hence the lurking on this thing... It my TF/Skatepark gossip alternative fix.

Man. I just like skateboarding. Bottom line.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 10:12:41 AM by moustache »

SoapboxStance

« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2007, 10:14:11 AM »
word
I just like skating, that's all.
i'm sure that we're already bros.

moustache

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2007, 10:17:41 AM »
no homo?

SoapboxStance

« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2007, 11:10:35 AM »
wait, what do you mean no homo?
i thought by "skateboarding" you meant "ass-fucking"
have i been wrong all these months in thinking that this forum was a thinly-veiled homo-erotic bonding zone?
whoa.
my bad.
this is awkward.
later, guysssh

moustache

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: July 25, 2007, 11:33:05 AM »
Haha. Prison Rule is okay by me.

Mad Homo.

Better?

friershier

• Rep: -12
« Reply #72 on: July 25, 2007, 01:04:19 PM »
Some guy in the epiclylaterd thread talked about skating a transitioned jeresy barrier with the 5bro guys near the Brooklyn banks. Does anyone know where that is, I really like jeresy barrier quarter pipes for some reason.

moustache

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #73 on: July 25, 2007, 03:48:46 PM »
Right see you there tonight. For a "shred".

And a skate.

914shred

• Rep: 3
« Reply #74 on: July 25, 2007, 11:24:39 PM »
that jersey barrier is fun as shit, it's right below the manhatten bridge park by the water a little to the left past pathmark, I'm a little drunk and distraught, I just youtubed ryan hickey and all I got was some kid from alabama back 50ing skate park hubbas

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1169
« Reply #75 on: July 26, 2007, 09:22:25 AM »
i spent last summer living in Brooklyn while I visited at NY law school....it was the best skating of my life, and yeah, 90% of it was solo missions and the other 10% was when I'd end up at the Banks or skating a box with some kids at Prospect Park. my favorite part about skating there was to just pick a direction and go....

the point: I'll be permanently moving to NY in a year....and I can't wait
hardly art, hardly starving

moustache

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #76 on: July 26, 2007, 10:14:03 AM »
Nice. Glad you had a rad time. When you get here, look me up... I'll be the dude with the genital warts.

SoapboxStance

« Reply #77 on: July 26, 2007, 01:29:08 PM »
livin' for free off my jokes.
alright by me.

coolio

• Rep: 7
« Reply #78 on: July 26, 2007, 01:38:44 PM »
www.stickupkidsny.com

NO ONE CARES BOUT US CAUSE QUEENS ISNT "KEWL"  :o :o
smelly in the bathroom, left with a wet willy

moustache

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #79 on: July 26, 2007, 01:45:54 PM »
sorry bud, remind me to give you 10 bucks for the joke, it's a winner!

BobbyPuleoJr

• Rep: -3
« Reply #80 on: July 26, 2007, 04:11:24 PM »
Yeah, I'm going to be in NYC this weekend (fri-sun) also. I'm planning on hitting up the banks for sure but other than that I don't really know what else to try. Uprails? verizon banks? Does anybody know if it would be possible for me to get a hookup for the autumn bowl on saturday night? my roomie/his girlfriend that I'm staying with are going to a wu-tang concert so I don't have anything else to do that night.  Since I don't party/drink I don't feel like just sitting at her place all night so if anyone could help me out that would be great.

iriemon

• Rep: 5
« Reply #81 on: July 26, 2007, 04:20:27 PM »
whoa whoa whoa, wu tang concert :o where and when
"The TV business is uglier than most things. It is normally perceived as some kind of cruel and shallow money trench through the heart of the journalism industry, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs, for no good reason. " Hunter S. Thompson

biggums mcgee

« Reply #82 on: July 26, 2007, 05:57:23 PM »
thanks 914shred for directions on that spot, I've been asking around about that after hearing about in the the steve thread

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2007, 06:45:38 PM »
www.stickupkidsny.com

NO ONE CARES BOUT US CAUSE QUEENS ISNT "KEWL"  :o :o

if i ever meet up with you ever you will be rewarded with 99 cent big macs for this.

Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

coolio

• Rep: 7
« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2007, 01:50:59 PM »
what the fuck
you know me?
haha that poster was sick, had to get a flick with it
smelly in the bathroom, left with a wet willy

h@rry_t3H_pImP

• Rep: 1
« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2007, 02:37:40 PM »
(joined just to post in this thread)

Iriemon:

For starters, fuck downtown, you'll find shit here and there but in the end after getting kicked out semi-constantly you'll end up hittin up more bars than spots...
Having said that if your uptown in the 100's on the west side definitely check out Riverside park(108 & riverside dr) Columbia University(116 & broadway, JUST DON'T SKATE BY THE LIBRARY OFF AMSTERDAM! do some recon on the campus and you will find no-bust shit, trust me)The water refinery park on 145th and riverside dr(banks,banks,banks, ledge, more banks, manny pad).(if cops are cruising by just stop skating and it's a no-bust)If your feeling adventurous enough after going to the 145th st. park that I mentioned keep going uptown to Washington Heights(168th st & broadway)theres a ledge spot across the street from the hospital(DO NOT SKATE THE MARBLE LEDGES AT THE HOSPITAL! THATS A NIGHT IN JAIL! ask me how I know...)if you go even further up to 174th st on Broadway there a park with some benches(numerous DRO/HAZE spots located adjacently)Me an my peoples usually just drag the box and the flat bar over to 178th & Fort Washington under the George Washington bridge. I *still* don't know why peeps are still all over the downtown steez, theres stuff here and there but most of it(90%) results in a bust, with exception to Battery Park 1 day...All I'm saying is here are some spots relatively close to where you'll be staying, Lennox ledges are dope, and I hope you enjoy your stay ;) If your in the 170's I'll see you.

h

PS.
Downtown headz don't come up here cuz their soft ::) and I guess it's more fun to look cool than to actually get a decent day of skating in :P

moustache

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2007, 03:30:28 PM »
Damn dude, I'm taking the 2 train from Brooklyn and heading up town! You gonna show me around or what?! I'll do a spot-trade with you!

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2007, 11:24:23 PM »
what the fuck
you know me?
haha that poster was sick, had to get a flick with it

naw i dotn know you but i intend on heading out east by the end of the year.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

iriemon

• Rep: 5
« Reply #88 on: July 28, 2007, 12:55:57 AM »
I'll be leaving in a few hours, just wanted to give a big thanks to all that helped me :-*, thanks for not being spot-nazi's, hope to see some of you out there...
"The TV business is uglier than most things. It is normally perceived as some kind of cruel and shallow money trench through the heart of the journalism industry, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free and good men die like dogs, for no good reason. " Hunter S. Thompson

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -670
« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2007, 01:13:33 AM »
Mamoun's–$2 falafels. If you're in BKLYN hit up DeGuerrero's taqueria at 719 5th Ave.
Skate videos have been downhill ever since 411VM #20