Author Topic: Mini ramp appreciation!  (Read 12434 times)

grimcity

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Mini ramp appreciation!
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2007, 12:14:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That one looks so fun.I'd love to skate a really wide one like that were you could just do frontsidegrinds forever.
[close]

if your ever in Houston, Southsides new one is sick. It's got an 8 foot wide extension that's probably 5' high and the rest is 4' and I'd say at least 20' wide. you can start high and lock in the longest grinds. I can't even take a five 0 all the way, it's just too long. And the coping is really fat and super fast. I'll try and find a clip of it.
[close]

Wil Taylor once told me the mini there was for kids. I was clearly the only man around skating it at the time besides him.

Kids seem to avoid mini ramps (for the most part) at most parks I visit. I usually see them skating boxes or rails... they also claim to "not skate vert" in reference to four foot trannies.

Off topic: I colored Wayne Patricks's Aminal graphics (Champagne bottle), drawn by Wil Taylor. Small world.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 12:18:44 PM by grimcity »

Joshewuhh

« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2007, 12:16:18 PM »
they also claim to "not skate vert" in reference to four foot trannies.

Hearing a kid say that always makes me laugh.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2007, 12:18:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This park in cosprings has a 7 foot tranny that kids call 'vert' all the time. Apparently I can skate vert and didn't know it.

Taylor then proceeded to tail drop from the banister into the mini.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
  • tiger style
« Reply #63 on: August 08, 2007, 12:42:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
That one looks so fun.I'd love to skate a really wide one like that were you could just do frontsidegrinds forever.
[close]

if your ever in Houston, Southsides new one is sick. It's got an 8 foot wide extension that's probably 5' high and the rest is 4' and I'd say at least 20' wide. you can start high and lock in the longest grinds. I can't even take a five 0 all the way, it's just too long. And the coping is really fat and super fast. I'll try and find a clip of it.
[close]

Wil Taylor once told me the mini there was for kids. I was clearly the only man around skating it at the time besides him.

He must have been talking about one of the older ramps because he went to prision before the new one I was talking about was done. But damn, every mini is probably childs play from Will's prespective, guy kills tranny. Also, there's a 3' there that is definitely about as small as they get, maybe he was talking about that one.

Will's skating was sick, it's a shame he's not around anymore.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 12:44:35 PM by Sleazy »

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #64 on: August 08, 2007, 12:49:00 PM »
Kids seem to avoid mini ramps (for the most part) at most parks I visit. I usually see them skating boxes or rails... they also claim to "not skate vert" in reference to four foot trannies.

used to see that a lot more than i've seen it lately. so glad that tranny is getting popular again. there were a few years there that it wasn't uncommon for a mini session to consit of just me, todd falcon and frootbooters.

grimcity

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
« Reply #65 on: August 08, 2007, 01:21:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

used to see that a lot more than i've seen it lately. so glad that tranny is getting popular again. there were a few years there that it wasn't uncommon for a mini session to consit of just me, todd falcon and frootbooters.
Hey, was that at Sun City? I fucking loved that place, man. Me and Kerry and another dude drove to Houston for the weekend, where we hit Vans and Southside... but we wound up going to Sun City twice because we enjoyed it so much. Birch is the best surface ever. I heard that place got burned down.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • S&H
« Reply #66 on: August 08, 2007, 01:31:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Hey, was that at Sun City? I fucking loved that place, man. Me and Kerry and another dude drove to Houston for the weekend, where we hit Vans and Southside... but we wound up going to Sun City twice because we enjoyed it so much. Birch is the best surface ever. I heard that place got burned down.

It was relatively close to me when I lived there and the day I finally went to skate it i found out it got torched.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #67 on: August 08, 2007, 01:34:41 PM »
sun city was rad but it the todd falcon session for me were mostly at the first dex out in stafford back in 2000.

but yeah, it burnt down under suspicious circumstances and the ramps got sold to random people. Derek Simon, the guy in my avatar, actually got some of the ramps for his little TF that runs along the side of his house in neederland, TX.

start choppin

• Rep: 0
« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2007, 09:36:48 AM »
[youtube=425,350]Qv-yZDo9BQA[/youtube]

apols if ABP

sweatloaf

« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2007, 02:49:32 PM »
Mini ramps are fun for ridculous footplant variations. Right now I'm trying one I call Moscow on the Rio Grande. It's a Texas Plant russian boneless. I'll never pull it, but at least the attempts make people laugh.

plastic bench nerd

« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2007, 02:58:26 PM »
maybe some of the older dudes will know this...

matt beach will destroy your mini ramp,,,he is the undisputed mini ramp shamp,,head high frontside alley oop lean grabs to disaster,, the disaster being so quick that you wouldnt see it you would just here it or feel the vibration from the coping :o

biggums mcgee

« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2007, 03:03:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

seeing a nineteen yearold dude attempt to hit our jersey barrier then proceed to tell us that he doesn't skate vert is the best

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • S&H
« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2007, 03:05:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

seeing a nineteen yearold dude attempt to hit our jersey barrier then proceed to tell us that he doesn't skate vert is the best

it's almost vert!

csumers

• Rep: 41
« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2007, 03:13:36 PM »
here are some photos from my neighborhood mini ramp...

Comparison Ford

• Rep: 16
  • That's Handsome Pete, he dances for nickels.
    • DSOTE avatar image
« Reply #74 on: August 09, 2007, 06:33:26 PM »
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uMv2ZjZMicI

FDR's mini is sick. perfect surface, tranny, overall build. endless fun when the park is packed.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #75 on: August 10, 2007, 08:30:13 AM »

fuck that thing looks sick and seeing how Nick's so high, i'd assume it's built good. some backyard ramps are so slow.

might be in Austin for Devendra, are the sessions pretty easy to get in on there? or is it more of a locals only vibe?

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • S&H
« Reply #76 on: August 10, 2007, 08:44:06 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

fuck that thing looks sick and seeing how Nick's so high, i'd assume it's built good. some backyard ramps are so slow.

might be in Austin for Devendra, are the sessions pretty easy to get in on there? or is it more of a locals only vibe?

A little of both from my experience.

csumers

• Rep: 41
« Reply #77 on: August 10, 2007, 09:09:11 AM »
it is not too easy to get a session there if you do not know Turtle. I can go when I want since I built it. Sleazy- you can PM me on the duos forum. I will give you my contact info if you find yourself in Austin. I am pretty good at showing people around.

Back to mini ramp appreesh. Here are some links to some backyard ramp series contest that some friends threw earlier in the summer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8ub4AEFKVA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4toToif3xN8

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • S&H
« Reply #78 on: August 10, 2007, 09:47:02 AM »
it is not too easy to get a session there if you do not know Turtle. I can go when I want since I built it. Sleazy- you can PM me on the duos forum. I will give you my contact info if you find yourself in Austin. I am pretty good at showing people around.

Back to mini ramp appreesh. Here are some links to some backyard ramp series contest that some friends threw earlier in the summer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8ub4AEFKVA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4toToif3xN8

hell yeah Dusto footy!

skatematic

• Rep: -9
  • Skateboarding is life
    • Skatematic avatar image
« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2011, 11:10:17 AM »
Yeah! Mini ramps are the best. So fun to skate and session with your friends. I think my favorite trick is frontside tailslides or blunt to fakie

G.Lewis

« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2011, 01:46:49 PM »
Mini ramps are the great uniter.  Beers and fun for all!