Author Topic: What are you eating right now?  (Read 256811 times)

PuffinMuffin

• Rep: 59
Re: What are you eating right now?
« Reply #3120 on: May 13, 2018, 10:13:59 AM »

I've been messing around with a bunch of seitan recipes and I think I've combined the best elements and came up with my own recipe. It's less than half the price of bulk frozen chicken too, with more protein per serving. You can get a 4-pound bag of Vital Wheat Gluten off Amazon for 14 bucks.

Anywho, here's the recipe:

Preheat Oven to 400 F
In a large mixing bowl. (If you have a stand mixer with a dough attachment, use it, it'll save you lots of work!)

Ingredients:

1 Cup    Vital Wheat Gluten
2/3 Cup     Veggie Broth (Better than Bouillon works great)
1/8 Cup     Tahini
1/2 Tbsp    Smoked Paprika
1 Tbsp       Teriyaki Sauce (I used Wegman's brand, I'm sure any other would work lovely too)
1 Tbsp       Kansis Style BBQ Sauce (Once again, I used Wegman's brand)
1/2 tsp      Black Pepper
2 Cloves    Pressed Garlic

Knead for three minutes, rest for 5, then knead for 10. Form into 1 inch thick logs, cover the logs in more BBQ Sauce. Wrap the logs tightly in aluminum foil. Place on a baking sheet into the heated oven for one hour. Flip logs occasionally to make a nice crispy crust.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2018, 10:15:55 AM by PuffinMuffin »

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -383
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #3121 on: May 13, 2018, 05:30:01 PM »
looks good, I doubt I could get half those ingredients where I live but I could defs sub

(raw) oreos that I made my wife for mothers day

"This is untrue, my client has not been attacked in every country" #yearoftheeagle

concerned_parent

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -85
« Reply #3122 on: May 14, 2018, 04:33:35 AM »
bagel
good come sausage

Jumping Beans

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -51
« Reply #3123 on: May 14, 2018, 06:53:22 AM »
Anyone here keto?  High fat, moderate protein, as little net carbs as possible.  Supposed to be great for weight loss, energy, mood, etc.

Anyway, my lunch bag consists of unsweetened plain yogurt with almond milk, chia seeds, a few blueberries, cinnamon and a squirt of stevia.  Raw almonds and pumpkin seeds, salami and old cheddar, a chicken Caesar salad with spinach, celery, radish, mushroom, no croutons.. and an avocado.

My percentage guidelines are on point but I started this 5 days ago and havenít lost much weight yet.. maybe I need to include some intermittent fasting in there too.

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 66
« Reply #3124 on: May 14, 2018, 08:07:31 AM »
Anyone here keto?  High fat, moderate protein, as little net carbs as possible.  Supposed to be great for weight loss, energy, mood, etc.

Anyway, my lunch bag consists of unsweetened plain yogurt with almond milk, chia seeds, a few blueberries, cinnamon and a squirt of stevia.  Raw almonds and pumpkin seeds, salami and old cheddar, a chicken Caesar salad with spinach, celery, radish, mushroom, no croutons.. and an avocado.

My percentage guidelines are on point but I started this 5 days ago and havenít lost much weight yet.. maybe I need to include some intermittent fasting in there too.

Dude- If you want to lose weight, just eat a healthy balanced diet and work out/skate/walk and bike around.  Novelty diets usually aren't the answer.  Controlling portion size is key too. 

Jumping Beans

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -51
« Reply #3125 on: May 15, 2018, 06:44:26 AM »
Ketogenic diets arenít necessarily a novelty or fad.  Theyíre proven to supply you with cleaner/healthier energy.  Even if you moderate and control portion sizes, most carbs and sugars people eat are crap that only increase cravings, and leave you feeling physically and mentally drained. 

It might take some meal plan tweaking to get the weight loss dialed, but I definitely feel better all around since cutting out refined carbs and sugars.

With all that said, I canít fucking wait to take vacation this summer and eat whatever I want.

PuffinMuffin

« Reply #3126 on: May 15, 2018, 09:25:38 AM »
Ketogenic diets arenít necessarily a novelty or fad.  Theyíre proven to supply you with cleaner/healthier energy.  Even if you moderate and control portion sizes, most carbs and sugars people eat are crap that only increase cravings, and leave you feeling physically and mentally drained. 

It might take some meal plan tweaking to get the weight loss dialed, but I definitely feel better all around since cutting out refined carbs and sugars.

With all that said, I canít fucking wait to take vacation this summer and eat whatever I want.

Since mostly eat carbs, I feel great... My resting heart rate is in the low 40's and I have lots of energy. I'm surprised you felt this way eating carbs. What do you mean by cleaner healthier energy? Like healthy fats from nuts and cooking oils? Can you back it up with studies? I don't wanna have a useless internet argument with you, I'm sincerely interested.

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3127 on: May 15, 2018, 05:28:22 PM »
carbs = god

"This is untrue, my client has not been attacked in every country" #yearoftheeagle

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -84
« Reply #3128 on: May 15, 2018, 08:20:26 PM »
carbs = god

God is poisoning you to death.

Ketogenic type diets, if you aren't a fuckwit, are definitely the most beneficial way of eating for purpose/health.

PuffinMuffin

« Reply #3129 on: May 16, 2018, 06:30:55 AM »
carbs = god

Ketogenic type diets, if you aren't a fuckwit, are definitely the most beneficial way of eating for purpose/health.

Dude, I couldn't find any non-biased sources stating carbs are poison. Just sites like this: cutthekillercarbs.com and southbeachdiet.com

Based on the keto proponents I know, they're usually lazy guys with big guts who don't move much. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but they want a simple fix which fits into their poor eating habits. Seems like Atkins diet all over again. Anecdotal evidence is bullshit, so please prove me wrong.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 387
« Reply #3130 on: May 16, 2018, 06:34:37 AM »
if you want to lose weight, do intermittent fasting .. it works incredibly

RIDEFLANNELV2

• Rep: 41
« Reply #3131 on: May 16, 2018, 06:41:11 AM »
carbs = god

#FATADAPTATHLETE #KETO #ASKMEHOW

The fuck out of here. Eat whatever you want in moderation, avoid refined sugars, and exercise. You'll be fine.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3132 on: May 16, 2018, 10:06:06 AM »
carbs = god

Dude, I couldn't find any non-biased sources stating carbs are poison. Just sites like this: cutthekillercarbs.com and southbeachdiet.com

Based on the keto proponents I know, they're usually lazy guys with big guts who don't move much. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but they want a simple fix which fits into their poor eating habits. Seems like Atkins diet all over again. Anecdotal evidence is bullshit, so please prove me wrong.

Im working. But the information is readily available on pubmed if you know how to interpret scientific data

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3133 on: May 16, 2018, 06:00:53 PM »
carbs = god

well actually it's the overconsumption of meat, dairy, eggs and processed food that is poisoning you do death, vegan/ plant based diets are defs the most beneficial and healthy way of eating ... is what I would write if I was going to have a 100% biased view of diets and nutrition (i.e. what you did ;) )

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3134 on: May 16, 2018, 06:31:42 PM »
carbs = god

well actually it's the overconsumption of meat, dairy, eggs and processed food that is poisoning you do death, vegan/ plant based diets are defs the most beneficial and healthy way of eating ... is what I would write if I was going to have a 100% biased view of diets and nutrition (i.e. what you did ;) )

I could write 10 fuckin books on the subject.

There really is no best way to eat. Waaaay too many variables.

But what you mentioned certainly isn't bad either!

Metabolically speaking, whatever provides the least amount of calories but leaves you in a fed state/functional is how you'll live the longest(assuming you remove a half million variables)

Plants and veggies provide all sorts of benefits ial compounds outside of vitamins and minerals, that meats don't provide. But meats also provide amino acids in different ratios than plant based proteins that are more beneficial.

Fruits are kinda fucked. Fructose(all sugars are carcinogenic), but they also provide terpenes, flavanoids etc that are beneficial.

And yes, my original post was lazy and half assed. Im not going to go into great depths of diet on a skateboard forums where it's highly likely not one person would utilize any knowledge gained by doing so.

So yeah, everyone just eat whatever ya want!

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3135 on: May 16, 2018, 11:44:43 PM »
So yeah, everyone just eat whatever ya want!
I think that's the point of this thread ;)
I like nutrition but yeah, everyone is always going to bring their confirmation bias to the table once you start actually discussing it. I'm kinda glad there isn't a nutrition thread on here tbh.

I've still got some raw oreos left over from Sunday and have a nice thermos full of 16 hour (decaf) cold brew, not a bad combination really...

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 230
« Reply #3136 on: May 17, 2018, 12:28:04 PM »
I am eating a tin of sardines and some kale.

Grind King Rims

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 192
  • They really work!
    • Amaze your friends!
« Reply #3137 on: May 17, 2018, 02:16:42 PM »
A really awful Mexican take out.

"Strictly for the culture" - Brian Wenning 2017

Tongue punching the Life Gnar button since 2011.

Pigeon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #3138 on: May 17, 2018, 05:03:46 PM »
spinach-eggplant lasagna
i was not vaccinated as a child and i turned out fine.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3139 on: May 17, 2018, 05:35:17 PM »
spinach-eggplant lasagna

That sounds delicious!

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -670
« Reply #3140 on: May 18, 2018, 01:34:55 PM »
Just ate some pussy. Then some blueberries. Both good and clean.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 820
« Reply #3141 on: May 22, 2018, 06:05:02 PM »
Pea soup

pugmaster

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
  • Stuffed Animal Serial Killer
« Reply #3142 on: May 31, 2018, 04:55:05 PM »
Ramen: "Oriental" flavor (whatever that means), 2 eggs over easy, green onion, sesame, seaweed, garlic.  I put roasted garlic cloves and mushrooms on the bottom. The plastic tray in the back has cut up turkey meatballs for my boys (they bark at me if I eat and don't give them stuff).

Edit: can someone please explain how to eat Vegemite the right way? I bought a jar from a specialty store and put it on toast and I think I was eating it incorrectly.

I had the girl I was seeing try it and she said, "this tastes like a public bathroom".  I want to get into it, since it is basically just b-vitamins.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 04:58:22 PM by pugmaster »
I like my women the same way I like my personified cups of coffee...black...strong...and proud.

Gay Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3143 on: May 31, 2018, 05:42:57 PM »
Edit: can someone please explain how to eat Vegemite the right way? I bought a jar from a specialty store and put it on toast and I think I was eating it incorrectly.
use sparingly in the beginning until you get used to it. The trick is to use lots of butter/ not much Vegemite. If you like avocado toast you can also spread a layer of Vegemite on first and then chuck the avocado on, gives it a cheesy flavor. My fav is on toast with fresh sliced tomatoes and a little bit of pepper

guccimanesfacetat

« Reply #3144 on: June 01, 2018, 08:53:38 PM »
Frozen Cheese pizza ((screamin Sicilian; Bessieís revenge but removed some of the cheese) with fresh basil and Roma tomatoes) frozen Za seems much better with some fresh ingredients. I found screaming Sicilian when I lived in Georgia and itís become my fav frozen Za.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -4
« Reply #3145 on: June 02, 2018, 12:34:36 PM »
Don't say za.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of retarded kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Pigeon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #3146 on: August 04, 2018, 02:15:46 PM »
sweet potato fries & a banana

drinking coffee with unsweetened, vanilla almond milk
i was not vaccinated as a child and i turned out fine.

tim pace

• Rep: -1
« Reply #3147 on: August 04, 2018, 06:10:22 PM »
straight grilling in the winter tine

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 387
« Reply #3148 on: August 08, 2018, 11:49:58 AM »
bao

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #3149 on: August 08, 2018, 08:58:34 PM »
made some spiral pasta and added olive oil, red pepper flakes, chopped green onion, lemon juice, and canned tuna fish.  came out pretty good.