Author Topic: Jake Brown on Larry King  (Read 4820 times)

hargo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -50
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Jake Brown on Larry King
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2007, 10:10:01 AM »
out of all the lame media exposure out there, i would say this is the best. "how important is the board"!? that is just awesome.
“I just hate anything that can be defined as more spectacle than sport,” he said. “Just like any other athlete, it takes a certain skill to do our sport.”- shawn white

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2007, 10:21:44 AM »
Sometimes I really laugh with the questions he askes, because they require a stupid answers which are sometimes funny
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 342
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2007, 10:31:12 AM »
shoes on the table are an old superstitious no-no! 

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2007, 10:32:09 AM »
Christ why is Larry King on TV ?

*i thought i'd ask the son of God as there's no way mear mortals would let me be there*
...can't believe this thread brought Donnie Murdo out of the woodwork!

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
  • tiger style
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2007, 10:34:10 AM »
because in the US we like zombies...

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2007, 10:37:06 AM »
because in the US we like zombies...

hahaha yeah he's pretty shit at his job that's for sure "why" as an interview you're actually taught to ask things a little bit more indepth, idiot that he is

bumptobar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2007, 11:17:49 AM »
This whole new age mega ramp shit is so fucking lame.  I hate it.

colin

« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2007, 11:30:25 AM »

off-topic, but I remember hearing a story from Larry King a long time ago about when he got his start in media. He was an over-night radio DJ, and some lady called in saying she really liked his voice, and that he should go over to her house right away because she wanted to bang him.

So, he put on some record where the song was like some classical or opera shit that went on for like 3 hours, and headed out to her house. Unfortunately, as he was out, the record started skipping, but I think he still ended up banging the girl.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2007, 11:36:07 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

off-topic, but I remember hearing a story from Larry King a long time ago about when he got his start in media. He was an over-night radio DJ, and some lady called in saying she really liked his voice, and that he should go over to her house right away because she wanted to bang him.

So, he put on some record where the song was like some classical or opera shit that went on for like 3 hours, and headed out to her house. Unfortunately, as he was out, the record started skipping, but I think he still ended up banging the girl.

if that's true he deserves his career

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
  • tiger style
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2007, 11:41:23 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

i'd gnar Larry if i could for that one

daboss

• Rep: -56
  • ollies r teh fun
    • olliemag avatar image
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2007, 11:47:46 AM »
It's just too bad that this is what created Jakes's infamy. The dude kills, but now he's the fall-down guy to the entire world.

He's not the fall down guy, he's the get back up and walk off the ramp after falling 40 feet guy. He's the guy that made people respect skateboarders a little more because he doesn't quit. Hey, at least people are talking about skateboarding right?

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2007, 11:55:13 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I need a confirmation link on this...NOW.

Anyone?
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

Gest

« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2007, 12:14:23 PM »
jake brown is such an american name.. i had no clue he had a accent..

how cool would it be to have an interview with geraldo rivera? "well jake, i think skateboarding is FAKE"

donnie_murdo

• SLAP Pal
  • All up in your photo !
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2007, 12:34:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I need a confirmation link on this...NOW.

Anyone?

I concur, but man how funny would that be, he'd actually deserve a career for that, i'm sure it's an urdan myth as he's way to dumb to have done it hahaha

what the

« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2007, 04:29:05 PM »
are you guys fucking serious ,yes pain killers morphine,fuck let him tell his story to the world what happens when you fall like that ,fuck off,boring ass pricks,good for jake we we jake

TheMoneyMellon

• Rep: -1
« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2007, 05:34:46 PM »
Quote from: Anderson Cooper
That reminds me of Evil Kinievel
Something that shouldn't be said about skating.

DrNewton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -169
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2007, 06:08:08 PM »
They need to put Brown in the No Spin Zone.
One of my favorite lines is the one of spiked meth drnewton does off of lou pearlmans viarga and toddler-blood induced erection that finally puts that bitch 6 feet deep.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2219
  • computer says no
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2007, 06:13:47 PM »
Expand Quote
It's just too bad that this is what created Jakes's infamy. The dude kills, but now he's the fall-down guy to the entire world.
[close]

He's not the fall down guy, he's the get back up and walk off the ramp after falling 40 feet guy. He's the guy that made people respect skateboarders a little more because he doesn't quit. Hey, at least people are talking about skateboarding right?
He's fall-down, get up to you and me... well, plus he's Jake Brown to you and me. Everyone who's hit me up about it has been "hey, didja see that guy fall? Holy crap!" That's all they see, fall. When coworkers or other people around here find out I skate, one of the first questions is "you ever fall, man?" Either that or they tell me about how they quit back in the day because they broke a pinky toe or whatever.

What I'm saying is that as skateboarders, we're better qualified to know how gnarly Jake is... he'd just landed a retardedly fucked up trick, and bailed out of a trick we better understand the physics of (as well as understand why he went away from the wall) and all that... all the general public knows is that skater-fall-down-go-boom. I'm just saying that I wish Jake had his name in the spotlight because of how fucking good he is, but if this shit benefits him in the end, I'm 100% down for that too. I've long thought he deserved as much from skateboarding as he could get, but I think the reason he's famous now insults his talent.

As far as people talking about skateboarding... I don't know anymore. I've mentioned this elsewhere, but I wish skateboarding was smiled upon enough so that every kid had access to a good skatepark, but frowned upon enough so that skating ledges in the city was still illegal. I think skating has a certain dignity because of it's illegality... I also think it makes you appreciate spots more when you know you have to bum rush them.

I know skateboarding's characterization in the media (Larry King, ESPN, , Fuel, etc) has no effect on my skating, but I don't think it's wrong to care about the perception that skateboarding has (or is developing). I don't like skateboarding being seen as some kind of jock thing, especially considering that I skateboarded as a kid despite jocks. Non skaters will never see skateboarding as we see it, but if they're going to have a perception of it, I'd rather it be something else than what it is. Meh.

the j

• Rep: -16
  • you know how i do
« Reply #48 on: August 09, 2007, 06:58:57 PM »
larry king= knows nothing about skateboarding been on the air longer than alot of us have been alive dosent care to research interviews this guy because he just dosent care anymore.

slap pals who are whining about shit like this = little bitches who cant get passed the fact that they cant skate for shit so use the guise of it "being all about the fun"

ya its fun but you still wanna be good at it shit!

Sony MDR V2 headphones

« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2007, 07:08:48 PM »
Quote from: Anderson Cooper
Expand Quote
That reminds me of Evil Kinievel
[close]
Something that shouldn't be said about skating.
Ever.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1566
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2007, 07:13:29 PM »
Expand Quote
i hope your project manager is a dick cause otherwise...you were being a bit of an ass to him.....

[close]
He's not a dick, he's just not on my good side at the moment.  When he sprained his ankle, I lent him my aircast, which was last year.  I didn't even hesitate to help him out when he was limping around the office and went to give him my aircast.  Everytime I see him he seems to have forgotten to bring it.  My ankle has been bothering me when I skate, and I kinda need it now.  Yeah I could've been nicer to him but I'm just sick of hearing about it.  Yeah I'm an ass, you're perfect?

absolutely perfect......

thanks for the background info though....

Gest

« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2007, 10:53:03 PM »
r.i.p. you WERE perfect

you WEREfect

monster network

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2007, 12:30:13 AM »
monster children tee?

jerrodword

• Rep: -31
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2007, 08:38:15 PM »
"unplanned 40 foot dive" "how important is the board?" that guy is stupid
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 08:43:06 PM by jerrodword »

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2007, 09:03:31 PM »
monster children tee?
it's an australian skate/snowboarding mag

Edward Penishands

« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2007, 09:17:56 PM »
"can you make money skateboarding?"

-larry king