Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 708676 times)

CrumblingInfrastructure

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #4980 on: April 30, 2018, 03:53:10 AM »
Finally got my turntable hooked up to a system but its not running on its track so I gotta take it apart and clean it. From what it sounds like on most forums ive checked out theres something blocking it. Pretty nervous because i've never taken one apart before and I don't wanna fuck it up.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #4981 on: May 01, 2018, 06:34:09 AM »
i went to a summer opening jam contest-like
thing at the local park last weekend. i ended
up winning an ugly cap and a monster sweat
wristband. pretty stoked on landing a switch
flip first try down the three blocks. i got drunk
afterwards lost the cap, sweatband's still here

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #4982 on: May 01, 2018, 02:08:29 PM »
One of my brothers is moving to Germany and getting married there in a few months, and I agreed to be his best man.

I'm happy for my brother (even though I think he's getting married too soon) and it'll be cool to visit Germany, but I am not looking forward to giving a speech, and mostly I'm seriously afraid of flying. I'm seriously looking into doing hypnosis to get over it.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -137
« Reply #4983 on: May 01, 2018, 02:58:55 PM »
One of my brothers is moving to Germany and getting married there in a few months, and I agreed to be his best man.

I'm happy for my brother (even though I think he's getting married too soon) and it'll be cool to visit Germany, but I am not looking forward to giving a speech, and mostly I'm seriously afraid of flying. I'm seriously looking into doing hypnosis to get over it.

That's pretty sick man! I'd be hyped!

Lotsa options for your anxieties

Benzos (if it's really bad), magnesium biclycinate works well and is cheap, phenibut is a good supplement that's acts like a mild benzo and is cheap.

There is always alcohol too, or even gravol helps alot of people with anxiety about flying.

For the speech I'd stick to alcohol since I'm gonna assume alcohol will be involved anyhow, and all the drugs I listed are not good to mix with alcohol other than magnesium. Phenibut is ok too if you only plan on having a few(it will increase the feeling of intoxication though, but 4-6 drinks you'de most likely be fine)

And congrats to your brother!
Gentleman ninja warlock

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #4984 on: May 01, 2018, 05:02:24 PM »
Thanks!

I stopped doing Xanax a couple years ago, so I'd rather not take benzos, but might just take some for the flight. Never found phenibut too effective, but haven't tried gravol or biclycinate ever, so I'll look into them. Me being kinda drunk for all this is a given.

Most of the people at the wedding will be my brother's fiancee's family (who are all Russians who have been living in Germany for a couple decades), so I think I'm gonna give most of the speech in German, which will give me an excuse to keep it somewhat short and simple.

Yeah it'll be cool once I'm over there. We're gonna go over to Amsterdam a couple days before the wedding, so that'll be fun.

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #4985 on: May 02, 2018, 12:33:46 AM »
first sack of the year lets go

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4986 on: May 02, 2018, 01:18:06 PM »
there’s a teacher strike going on here and i back the teachers .. also the traffic is incredible without any schools in session right now .. but i do feel bad for the students; as a kid it’s probably awesome but as an adult looking at the situation, these kids need to be in school .. it’s their legal right to an education and these teachers are kinda fucking that up .. idk enough to really understand it i guess
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4987 on: May 03, 2018, 03:05:28 AM »
Went to my first, "New parenting" class at our local hospital yesterday.  It was pretty cool.  Seven or eight couples and one nurse sitting around in a circle just talking about being new parents and challenges we're dealing with. 

In the middle this super hot chick just whips out her tits and starts breastfeeding.  Stoked on seeing new tits, but the breastfeeding was weird. 

Jollyoli

• Rep: 91
« Reply #4988 on: May 03, 2018, 04:15:45 AM »
Went to my first, "New parenting" class at our local hospital yesterday.  It was pretty cool.  Seven or eight couples and one nurse sitting around in a circle just talking about being new parents and challenges we're dealing with. 

In the middle this super hot chick just whips out her tits and starts breastfeeding.  Stoked on seeing new tits, but the breastfeeding was weird.

The de-sexualisation of the breast is the second worst thing about becoming a new parent.
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
« Reply #4989 on: May 03, 2018, 12:48:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

The de-sexualisation of the breast is the second worst thing about becoming a new parent.
[close]

Tough sometimes that the nipple will never look the same again

MC3

• Rep: 124
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #4990 on: May 04, 2018, 11:02:59 AM »
I really didn't need to spend the money on a deck right now but damn I'm bummed the Max Palmer decks sold out in the size I wanted, and idk a shop near me that stocks 917
(Cool Trick GIF)

zzz

« Reply #4991 on: May 04, 2018, 11:11:26 PM »
So I been doin some tai chi lately, and everytime I breath out I get tingles in my spine, which feels good, but it shouldn't feel that good to just breath so I get worried that somethings wrong with me and I'm dying.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4992 on: May 05, 2018, 06:05:18 AM »
So I been doin some tai chi lately, and everytime I breath out I get tingles in my spine, which feels good, but it shouldn't feel that good to just breath so I get worried that somethings wrong with me and I'm dying.

Paging Dr. Bawtawd5...
Gentleman ninja warlock

shit_for_brains

« Reply #4993 on: May 05, 2018, 07:40:24 AM »
Maybe something is finally right with you

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4994 on: May 05, 2018, 10:20:13 AM »

when i was drinking a lot, i used to get these phantom numbing tingling sensations .. it started in my fingertips and then moved to my back and sides .. scary stuff that’s probably your body’s nervous system all confused .. stop fuckin around senor and you’ll go back to normal .. or don’t; it’s your life to live
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

zzz

« Reply #4995 on: May 05, 2018, 12:46:35 PM »
Well I haven't really done drugs since I crashed sunfire. I think it may be from smoking, and smoking is the hardest shit for me to quit. But yeah maybe I'm just repairing from all the drug use, I hope so. I know smoking gonna do me in before anything though so ima cut back.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #4996 on: May 05, 2018, 02:00:18 PM »
The pup ate my glasses this morning, 3rd pair this year. But lenscrafter got that hour lense shizz so I got out of OT and hopefully gunna get in some skating this afternoon.

garthblader

• Rep: 4
« Reply #4997 on: May 07, 2018, 04:42:52 AM »
Met this girl at a party over the weekend and we hit it off.  I helped her start ripping into her van she is going traveling and living in at the end of summer.  I had a really good time and she's basically what I have always wanted in a chick.  Not stoked on the fact I am moving back to Vermont in 9 days and she leaves at the end of August about a month after I get back to CO.  Hopefully I can hangout with her again before I head out so maybe we can swap info and keep in touch.

Spaghetti Croc69

• Rep: -10
« Reply #4998 on: May 07, 2018, 06:42:33 AM »
Senior design is done but final are this week, I cant study and I have never been so depressed in my life. Its funny how Im coming to terms with things tho. I was on antidepressants for a long time (elementary school through high school) and always thought they were bullshit. Now that im 25 I feel like i was definitely in denial about it all because I for sure struggle with this. Havent studied for anything and dont really care rn. I doubt Ill do bad enough to fail but my gpa is gonna take a huge shit.

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 762
  • dog stuff
« Reply #4999 on: May 07, 2018, 10:07:54 AM »
i got a blister its big n funny lookin

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1935
« Reply #5000 on: May 07, 2018, 06:42:03 PM »
My dog died but he was feeling like shit for awhile. He left me all his drugs in the will.

ungzilla

« Reply #5001 on: May 08, 2018, 06:35:01 AM »
what a good boy

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5002 on: May 08, 2018, 07:45:11 AM »
My dog died but he was feeling like shit for awhile. He left me all his drugs in the will.

Condolences

But pup left instructions in his/her will to also use said dog grugs to cope with the loss

Gentleman ninja warlock

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #5003 on: May 08, 2018, 12:32:25 PM »
Slept well and my lower back wasn't killing me this morning. Went skating, now it's jacked again.

Jollyoli

• Rep: 91
« Reply #5004 on: May 09, 2018, 04:00:50 AM »
Bummed this DIY is being torn down.

https://www.facebook.com/leithdiyskate/

Happy it was there.

Nothing beautiful lasts forever.
Hey, hey, hey. Don't be mean. We don't have to be mean because, remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #5005 on: May 10, 2018, 03:11:58 PM »
Didn't get this job i went for, failed a physical for it. I'm a little glad about it because the commute was an extra hour each way, maybe i can find something in my area now

JamesNtheGntPch

• Rep: 38
  • Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #5006 on: May 10, 2018, 05:23:55 PM »
Didn't get this job i went for, failed a physical for it. I'm a little glad about it because the commute was an extra hour each way, maybe i can find something in my area now

I feel you, it's always a small sigh of relief not to land the job you need, but don't want.

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #5007 on: May 11, 2018, 04:37:23 PM »
Stoked I improved upon my swallies yesterday, not stoked Shark Tits filmed me trying to feeble a flatbar 90 times to no avail hahaha sorry, player!

handsclapanin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #5008 on: May 14, 2018, 03:47:17 PM »
Not stoked I probably broke my hand on Saturday (haven't gone to the doctor yet).
Stoked I didn't let it keep me from getting my trick.
Not stoked that it's my right hand for just about everything (writing, driving, wiping my ass, etc.)
Stoked that it's my right hand for skating. Being regular footed, it will be a lot easier to tuck in my rear paw.

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #5009 on: May 14, 2018, 08:33:40 PM »
Not stoked I probably broke my hand on Saturday (haven't gone to the doctor yet).
Stoked I didn't let it keep me from getting my trick.
Not stoked that it's my right hand for just about everything (writing, driving, wiping my ass, etc.)
Stoked that it's my right hand for skating. Being regular footed, it will be a lot easier to tuck in my rear paw.

Nice!