Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 708655 times)

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #5040 on: June 01, 2018, 04:07:50 PM »
Expand Quote
bought a deck from andy jenkins website .. said it would come with an original signed drawing (misleading to be the graphic of the deck) .. cane with this laughable less than half assed doodle .. haha fucker

https://bendpress.bigcartel.com/product/jenkins-plus-decks

[close]

No way! He fucking got you, dude!

All joking aside that’s kind of a dick move.

update: mr. andy jenkins kindly sent me a signed drawing .. i emailed him and he said he’s hook me up for his miscommunication . he’s a good guy and you guys should buy stuff from his website if your a fan like me

What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

fulltechnicalskizzy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1935
« Reply #5041 on: June 01, 2018, 08:34:30 PM »
That's his you bitching about not liking the originial artwork he sent you

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1935
« Reply #5042 on: June 01, 2018, 08:40:13 PM »
My friend gave me a oxycontin and I took it and I love it and I'm pretty sure it's not a big deal if I just keep getting them

Nate.Dog

• Rep: -9
« Reply #5043 on: June 01, 2018, 11:16:35 PM »
My friend gave me a oxycontin and I took it and I love it and I'm pretty sure it's not a big deal if I just keep getting them

pain pills are the fast track to fucking up your life

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #5044 on: June 02, 2018, 01:56:42 AM »
a couple homies and i went to the old park in town after hours and we ran into the whole blood wizard team.
i was too much of a bitch to say anything to them though.
even the steven

curbsmash

• Rep: 0
« Reply #5045 on: June 02, 2018, 07:59:27 PM »
Might’ve figured out the perfect setup for my Ace 66’s - 100duro Dohdohs (i’m 6’2, 225) - but got a gnarly blister on the ball of my pushing foot during an otherwise fun session.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -131
« Reply #5046 on: June 03, 2018, 06:43:07 AM »
Possibly breaking up with my girlfriend of three years.. Feels bittersweet..

Just broke up.. Kind of weird feeling, somehow I always knew this relationship was just to be a phase, yet I feel hurt and sad. Life was so much easier when young, now being an adult you have responsibilities so you just can't end it and all this shit need's to be sorted..

Stoked to have more time in my hands to pursue things I did before and love, and summer to feel free.

Not stoked on all this adult bullshit we have to go through, I'm broke as fuck right now because I fucked up my taxes so I'm not sure how I can find an apartment. We are thinking if we'd live the summer together but I don't know..

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #5047 on: June 03, 2018, 10:53:27 AM »
Went drinking at some Irish pub with this girl last night who used to have some history with a good homie of mine, it hasn't been that long since they had history with one another actually. We ended up going back to her place. We went to her room and she put on a movie and we were laying in her bed under the blankets and after maybe like five minute of the movie she grabs my hand and puts it between her legs, her underwear were already off. I played with her pussy for maybe like 30 seconds to a minute and then I stopped and whispered to her "maybe we shouldn't do this; you have history with my friend and I don't know where he stands with you or whether or not he still likes you or not and I don't wanna be that dude ya know?",  she gets upset and says "who cares about him?" And I responded with "he's a good friend, we just probably shouldn't". She got bummed and got up and went to the living room and was just hanging out on the couch; I go to her and ask her if she's ok and she says "yes" but I could tell she's still upset because I wouldn't do anything with her. I said "well did you wanna go back to your room and keep watching tv?" She said yes so we went back to her room and kept watching tv but it was just kinda awkward after that, after like another half an hour I said "uhhhh maybe I should go" and she said "yeah, I'm tired anyways" and then I took a lyft home, it was 4AM. I was trying to vent to my lyft driver about my weird night but he didn't care.

Stoked that she actually took the time to invite me over and wanted to fuck around (I'm not the biggest ladies man by any means so anytime this happens I'm always flattered hah)
Not stoked on, well, everything else.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #5048 on: June 03, 2018, 02:15:07 PM »
Probably a good move on your part. I'd be pissed if I just broke up with a chick and my buddy went and fucked her.

I also don't know how well I wouldve handled that kind of temptation. I dated my friends sister and boned her in the room next to his multiple times and never felt bad about it even though I know its kind of a dick move. Sisters and Exs are two different things though.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5049 on: June 04, 2018, 07:49:41 AM »
Not in Appalachia they're not.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

ungzilla

« Reply #5050 on: June 04, 2018, 11:40:24 AM »
stoked that your poorly compensated lyft driver didn't want to play therapist at 4 am

not stoked that i took the time to compose this dickish reply i'm sorry

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #5051 on: June 05, 2018, 04:19:21 PM »
I need to move out to start working and I’m stoked as there’s no future in my hometown/country and have friends there. I’m just a bit scared of it mainly due to depression/insomnia.
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

AitchBeeGayBuh

• Rep: 58
« Reply #5052 on: June 06, 2018, 04:51:24 PM »
Went on a bike ride yesterday throughout Orange County, Huntington Beach to LB back down to Oceanside. Rode 10 miles from my house to the border of OC/LA which happens to be that one spot where Sinner had a slow-mo manny trick across a curb...

Then proceeded to go south along the beach for the next seven hours, riding the Balboa ferry to get to Newport, trying to find a place to piss or shit about every half hour, saw many skate spots (too many to mention), the area around Trestles I really liked a lot, took a shit at Camp Pendelton in the wild (thankfully I pack TP), finished off eatin at an In N Out in Oceanside which isn't far from that one hubba that Blake Carpenter nollie heel'd noseslid, then got on the train/buses for the next three hours to get home...

Noticed nobody takes the bus nowadays, people use Uber n Lyft or whatever. Only people who were on that bus was me and a bunch of homeless folks. The entire ride smelled like shit n was basically a homeless party on wheels till they all started arguing with one another. Made the mistake of drinkin a couple tall cans before I got on too and all I wanted to do was piss for the next 2 hours, fun. Best part was this morning I found a boil near my ass/taint the size of a golf ball that feels like someones constantly burning me with a cigerette every time I sit, walk, or bend down. Work was REALLY fun today.

shark tits

« Reply #5053 on: June 06, 2018, 06:11:40 PM »
i got word that darkwing duck aka anthony shetler skated our diy but i'm not stoked i wasn't there.
dude catches heck but i've always been a fan.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 698
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #5054 on: June 06, 2018, 10:13:09 PM »
The feds are about to start accepting applicants for air traffic controller trainee from the general public this month. The average salary is damn near $130k a year. This is a position that doesn't require a degree. It's a long shot, but I am currently rewriting my resume and I'm going to try my absolute hardest to get hired. I have no problem relocating and working fucked up hours with the prospect of making that kind of money in the future.

What I'm not stoked on is that they discriminate against the colorblind. If I go through a bunch of hoops just to find out that my color vision deficiency is too severe to make it as a ATC, I'll be pretty fucking bummed. I took the Ishihara colorblind test to see if I'd make the cut off. According to the online test and the range of color deficiency that I think the FAA will accept, I'm right on the fence. Whatever. I'm just going to turn in my app. If I get a reply I'll do everything they tell me I gotta do, and hopefully shit works out.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Peter Zagreus

• Rep: 85
« Reply #5055 on: June 06, 2018, 10:27:17 PM »
The feds are about to start accepting applicants for air traffic controller trainee from the general public this month. The average salary is damn near $130k a year. This is a position that doesn't require a degree. It's a long shot, but I am currently rewriting my resume and I'm going to try my absolute hardest to get hired. I have no problem relocating and working fucked up hours with the prospect of making that kind of money in the future.

What I'm not stoked on is that they discriminate against the colorblind. If I go through a bunch of hoops just to find out that my color vision deficiency is too severe to make it as a ATC, I'll be pretty fucking bummed. I took the Ishihara colorblind test to see if I'd make the cut off. According to the online test and the range of color deficiency that I think the FAA will accept, I'm right on the fence. Whatever. I'm just going to turn in my app. If I get a reply I'll do everything they tell me I gotta do, and hopefully shit works out.

Maybe this "discrimination" isn't meant to be mean, but instead is meant to save peoples lives, given that there could be some signal that requires a nuanced interpretation that not everyone can navigate naturally?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #5056 on: June 07, 2018, 06:46:34 AM »
That's a safety standard not discrimination.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 698
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #5057 on: June 07, 2018, 03:35:56 PM »
Not discrimination the noun, discriminate the verb. As in to distinguish and draw difference between. But yeah, I was muddling the distinction on purpose as a stylistic choice. It was a mistake. Of course I don't want to fly two planes into each other because I couldn't discriminate a green dot from a yellow one.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #5058 on: June 07, 2018, 09:58:04 PM »
got hired at chipotle, not sure about leaving my current job.
even the steven

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #5059 on: June 12, 2018, 02:37:34 AM »
Been trying to quit smoking but i'm vaping to replace it. I feel like a douche vaping but when I do it consistently I can cut down from 20+ cigs a day down to 10 or so. The only thing that keeps me happy is that I cut down a Jenkem sticker to fit on it so I always chuckle at the fact that i'm vaping jenkem. Joints were going to shit but since I left my job they've been feeling better... But I had to leave my job as a scientific glassblower and theres nothing else I can do in the area that I can go into. Pretty terrified about the future but i've been saving up for a long vacation so i'm hoping to stave off all my anxiety and depression and get back in to skating. But with that comes the fear of skating new parks across the us and being garbage at it. My body has been feeling so fragile that its hard to skate anything without feeling my joints crumble. I dunno I guess i'm just being a pussy but my anxiety has been flaring up like crazy. I can't skate around strangers without feeling like i'm having a heart attack or that someone is going to punk me and jack my setup like when I was a kid.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5060 on: June 12, 2018, 05:49:18 AM »
Been trying to quit smoking but i'm vaping to replace it. I feel like a douche vaping but when I do it consistently I can cut down from 20+ cigs a day down to 10 or so. The only thing that keeps me happy is that I cut down a Jenkem sticker to fit on it so I always chuckle at the fact that i'm vaping jenkem. Joints were going to shit but since I left my job they've been feeling better... But I had to leave my job as a scientific glassblower and theres nothing else I can do in the area that I can go into. Pretty terrified about the future but i've been saving up for a long vacation so i'm hoping to stave off all my anxiety and depression and get back in to skating. But with that comes the fear of skating new parks across the us and being garbage at it. My body has been feeling so fragile that its hard to skate anything without feeling my joints crumble. I dunno I guess i'm just being a pussy but my anxiety has been flaring up like crazy. I can't skate around strangers without feeling like i'm having a heart attack or that someone is going to punk me and jack my setup like when I was a kid.

i dont have any advice for the anxiety thing, but cut carbs and processed sugar out of your diet and you'll start feeling better while skating. ive been off carbs for about three weeks and i have a lot more energy when i skate and i dont feel sore the next day like i used to. lost almost 10lbs too.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -718
« Reply #5061 on: June 12, 2018, 06:19:04 AM »
Not discrimination the noun, discriminate the verb. As in to distinguish and draw difference between. But yeah, I was muddling the distinction on purpose as a stylistic choice. It was a mistake. Of course I don't want to fly two planes into each other because I couldn't discriminate a green dot from a yellow one.

When I was in rehab I thought of going for sea captain, no military background required, but desired. They had tons of shit you were not allowed to have, in terms of health problems. I got that tip from another "patient".

The guy that became a captain, faked through his visual impairment with contacts. It does not work these days.

I hope you get as you wish but the there is a reason why these heavy jobs are so well payed, they will tear you down.

Good luck, mate.

shark tits

« Reply #5062 on: June 12, 2018, 08:15:53 PM »
was helping my friend w/ her beehive and w/out going into jargon, we took some honey [and bees] back home and they were so patient w/ us messing up their wax-work and everything and when i got home, i was careless to these gentle bees.
granted they weren't likely to fly home and return but they might've been able to join w/ the hives in my yard if i'd been more careful.
i was out there in a t-shirt and they could've killed me, prolly should've but they were trusting.
and we got some light spring honey, i just feel guilty.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #5063 on: June 13, 2018, 05:04:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i dont have any advice for the anxiety thing, but cut carbs and processed sugar out of your diet and you'll start feeling better while skating. ive been off carbs for about three weeks and i have a lot more energy when i skate and i dont feel sore the next day like i used to. lost almost 10lbs too.

Thanks JB
I'm at the point in my life where a diet might be good. I'm 5'6 and about 130lbs but I eat a lot of garbage. What's your go to meal and/or snack?

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5064 on: June 13, 2018, 05:48:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Thanks JB
I'm at the point in my life where a diet might be good. I'm 5'6 and about 130lbs but I eat a lot of garbage. What's your go to meal and/or snack?

For meals we mix it up. We just bought one of those wood pellet grills, so I've been cooking a lot on that. It makes great chicken wings and burgers. If I have a burger, I just don't have the bun. You can make all kinds of good sandwiches and just sub out the bread with romaine lettuce and it sounds lame, but it's honestly really good. I eat a lot of salads and veggies too. For snacks I keep a bag of almonds on my desk at work and just try not to go crazy with them. Hardboiled eggs are good. Fruit thats not high in carbs (no bananas, apples, citrus). I just smoked some awesome beef jerky in my grill and I've been snacking on that.

I know what works for me won't work for everyone, but carbs just seem to stick to me and the older I get the more weight I've been able to put on. For me it's mostly about the weight loss part because I gained so much over the winter, but being able to feel good after physical activity and especially not being sore after skating is a real plus. Sure, they taste good, but you don't need that shit in your diet and after a while you really don't miss breads and stuff like that too much. I honestly feel like carbs are a conspiracy, as regular as that sounds. Next time you're out to eat, look around and see how many meals are being served that are mostly carb based. It's pretty much everything.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 369
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #5065 on: June 13, 2018, 03:34:51 PM »
Just got done with a 90 minute flatground sesh in front of my parent's house. I'm trying really hard to get kickflips down to consistency but I only landed a couple that were ugly, mobbed, and not caught at all. Plus I keep fucking destroying my shins to boot. On the plus side though I'm finally getting back 180s down.

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

bawtawdinfinity

« Reply #5066 on: June 13, 2018, 06:37:56 PM »

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #5067 on: June 14, 2018, 07:25:15 AM »
Just got done with a 90 minute flatground sesh in front of my parent's house. I'm trying really hard to get kickflips down to consistency but I only landed a couple that were ugly, mobbed, and not caught at all. Plus I keep fucking destroying my shins to boot. On the plus side though I'm finally getting back 180s down.
A little bit of advice I can give you is to make sure your shoulders are squared up to the nose and tail, but more importantly concentrate on where your eyes and mind are focused. It's different for everyone but I like to focus on my back foot, not necessarily looking directly at it but emphasising my brain to it. Once I do this my front foot instinctively flicks and the lift/catch/compress and roll away all falls into place.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5068 on: June 14, 2018, 07:36:25 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
A little bit of advice I can give you is to make sure your shoulders are squared up to the nose and tail, but more importantly concentrate on where your eyes and mind are focused. It's different for everyone but I like to focus on my back foot, not necessarily looking directly at it but emphasising my brain to it. Once I do this my front foot instinctively flicks and the lift/catch/compress and roll away all falls into place.

the shoulder part is spot on. your upper body shouldnt be moving at all and should be parallel with the board the whole time. i focus on my backfoot too, but i have to tell myself to only move it straight up after i pop because i tend to turn them backside. i also have to tell myself to jump STRAIGHT UP. not to the side, not with a spin, straight up. lift those legs and let it flip. the front foot is the easiest part of the trick, its not doing anything to fuck that flip up thats the hard part.

also, they're easier than you think. tell yourself that. tell yourself that you will land it and then land it. if you dont think you can, you wont. 

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5069 on: June 14, 2018, 08:22:48 AM »
^this, and don't put your front foot on the edge of your board, more in the middle below the front bolts, and pop it like a ollie