Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 708661 times)

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #5280 on: October 16, 2018, 09:43:32 PM »
Ray Liotta doing Chantix ads.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1935
« Reply #5281 on: October 16, 2018, 10:03:12 PM »
That's not Ray Liotta it's Matt Damon from Team America World Police

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5282 on: October 22, 2018, 03:24:25 PM »
Found a Marvel Vs. Capcom cabinet 5 blocks from my work, but it's in a vape shop.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • Bob loseedo wears a speedo
« Reply #5283 on: October 23, 2018, 04:08:24 PM »
i finally started making forms for my backyard bowl but it was way harder and came out way shittier than i hoped.

Brguy

« Reply #5284 on: October 24, 2018, 02:07:32 PM »
My toe is healing after I landed on top of it last week. I could simply not have landed on the fucking toe in the first place.

slippy

• Rep: 82
« Reply #5285 on: October 24, 2018, 03:18:47 PM »
Getting more into data analysis and manipulation through tools like Tableau.  Super happy to be building such a marketable skillset that could really land me onto something cool in the future. Unfortunately I've stayed at this job unhappy for way too long and have reached a breaking point, I am staying for the resume builder but every day feels like moving through cement
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1565
« Reply #5286 on: October 24, 2018, 04:03:51 PM »
Found a Marvel Vs. Capcom cabinet 5 blocks from my work, but it's in a vape shop.

Gnar'd

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #5287 on: October 24, 2018, 11:45:00 PM »
Getting more into data analysis and manipulation through tools like Tableau.  Super happy to be building such a marketable skillset that could really land me onto something cool in the future. Unfortunately I've stayed at this job unhappy for way too long and have reached a breaking point, I am staying for the resume builder but every day feels like moving through cement
cool stuff. get into R and Python as well.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #5288 on: October 25, 2018, 04:49:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

My Husband is a Senior(?) Admin for Tableau. If you need any help with it PM me and i’ll see what I can do to help you out. But as stated learn Python and R. I’d have to ask my husband but I think Django and Ruby/Grapefruit are N/A now.

shit_for_brains

« Reply #5289 on: October 25, 2018, 05:43:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

My Husband is a Senior(?) Admin for Tableau. If you need any help with it PM me and i’ll see what I can do to help you out. But as stated learn Python and R. I’d have to ask my husband but I think Django and Ruby/Grapefruit are N/A now.

I need to learn Python and/or C but both are for bastardized niche other languages that are based on them and I can barely speak english which is my only language so this is all a bit overwhelming for me.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 393
« Reply #5290 on: October 28, 2018, 09:03:38 AM »
My grandma was the 'illegitimate' child of a baron.

She recently died and so did a pretty famous baroness nearby in our area...

Not knowing they (grandma and baroness) were actually related, my mom just received a letter from the court that she'll be inheriting a huge castle. Ab-so-lute-ly Enormous to honest...

We used to play around the land as kids and go for walks around the castle with school and stuff.

Supercool, but she owes the government 200 grand before she can 'inherit' it...

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
« Reply #5291 on: October 28, 2018, 10:06:18 AM »

Not knowing they (grandma and baroness) were actually related, my mom just received a letter from the court that she'll be inheriting a huge castle. Ab-so-lute-ly Enormous to honest...

We used to play around the land as kids and go for walks around the castle with school and stuff.

JESUS. That's insane!

You could start a GoFundMe and then invite the donors over for free room and board.

Amazing, man. Hope things are getting better with you and your partner as well.

SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR

• Rep: 99
« Reply #5292 on: October 29, 2018, 01:52:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

I need to learn Python and/or C but both are for bastardized niche other languages that are based on them and I can barely speak english which is my only language so this is all a bit overwhelming for me.

I´d recommend python if you have no prior programming experience because memory management is a bitch. I´m curious, what are those "bastardized niche other languages"?

childhood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5293 on: October 29, 2018, 06:51:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

JESUS. That's insane!

You could start a GoFundMe and then invite the donors over for free room and board.

Amazing, man. Hope things are getting better with you and your partner as well.

Yeah that's absolutely nuts. You deserve it after the year you've had though, hope you can sort out the taxes.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -131
« Reply #5294 on: October 29, 2018, 07:54:08 AM »
Spent my whole salary in 10 days of getting it. Now I have nearly three weeks before my next pay check...

Stoked that I had fun spending all that money but not stoked on that I only have oatmeal and lentils to eat for the rest of the month... ...choices choices...

I don't know what to do with myself. Money and I don't fit in the same city. One of us has to go and it's always the money... Any tips on how to get my financials in check? Thankfully I don't have any credit cards because I would be dead.. It's like nothing can stop me spending and usually it's stupid stuff like buying drinks to everyone when partying or going out for dinner when I have say 50€ left on my bank account and I know that I need that money to survive the next week or so... Fucking weird like I don't care for myself..

Sorry for the rant but I needed to vent it out somewhere..

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #5295 on: October 29, 2018, 07:56:58 AM »
stop going out

fulltechnicalskizzy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1935
« Reply #5296 on: October 29, 2018, 12:21:51 PM »
Drink alone in your house

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -131
« Reply #5297 on: October 29, 2018, 03:41:57 PM »
I can't stay inside too long the walls will collapse on me.. Last winter I didn't see anyone in three months...

The problem isn't booze or going out or maybe a little with not staying home. Its about how I always find a way to spend it all..

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #5298 on: October 30, 2018, 09:58:05 AM »
 I tried a couple cAb flips yesterday a landed a good one but fell off.    They're fun.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

slippy

• Rep: 82
« Reply #5299 on: October 30, 2018, 10:09:43 AM »
Spent my whole salary in 10 days of getting it. Now I have nearly three weeks before my next pay check...

Stoked that I had fun spending all that money but not stoked on that I only have oatmeal and lentils to eat for the rest of the month... ...choices choices...

I don't know what to do with myself. Money and I don't fit in the same city. One of us has to go and it's always the money... Any tips on how to get my financials in check? Thankfully I don't have any credit cards because I would be dead.. It's like nothing can stop me spending and usually it's stupid stuff like buying drinks to everyone when partying or going out for dinner when I have say 50€ left on my bank account and I know that I need that money to survive the next week or so... Fucking weird like I don't care for myself..

Try working with your bank to put x amount in an account that you don't have a card to.  Savings works but sometimes even a separate entirely "travel" account is better.  Let's say you throw 100 dollars automatically each week or if you want, put a lump sum right after pay period.  Just the fact you have to do a couple extra steps to get the money makes some time to consider whether or not you want to spend it.
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 418
« Reply #5300 on: October 30, 2018, 10:25:24 AM »
I can't stay inside too long the walls will collapse on me.. Last winter I didn't see anyone in three months...

The problem isn't booze or going out or maybe a little with not staying home. Its about how I always find a way to spend it all..

I knew someone that would cash their checks and literally put money into separate white envelopes that were set aside for rent, food, bills, going out money, and then a little for savings. It ended up working well for him.

Irvine-Sucks.com

krookedjuice

• Rep: 29
« Reply #5301 on: October 30, 2018, 10:38:12 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Try working with your bank to put x amount in an account that you don't have a card to.  Savings works but sometimes even a separate entirely "travel" account is better.  Let's say you throw 100 dollars automatically each week or if you want, put a lump sum right after pay period.  Just the fact you have to do a couple extra steps to get the money makes some time to consider whether or not you want to spend it.

I did this about 2 years ago and built up a pretty decent amount just due to the fact that i didn't want to transfer it around. it definitely works and after a few checks you don't even think about that money that's going over.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5302 on: October 30, 2018, 10:46:49 AM »

what really helped me get on a track back in the day was to start buying everything in cash. i would take X amount out for the week and thats all i would allow myself. physically having money with me and giving it away made it much more apparent what i was doing and actually made it harder to spend on frivolous stuff.   

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5303 on: October 30, 2018, 12:05:46 PM »
ive been able to skate everyday for like 2 weeks now but im fighting a cold and think i should break the streak to try and get over it. booooo

calvinsdream

« Reply #5304 on: October 30, 2018, 03:29:06 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

what really helped me get on a track back in the day was to start buying everything in cash. i would take X amount out for the week and thats all i would allow myself. physically having money with me and giving it away made it much more apparent what i was doing and actually made it harder to spend on frivolous stuff.

All of this helps, in addition to just making an overall effort to eat out / go out to bars less by planning a bit more. The envelopes thing someone mentioned has helped a lot too. I'm usually the same way about money but with some practice and forgoing some things here and there it can get better.

potpie

• Rep: 30
« Reply #5305 on: October 31, 2018, 11:20:10 AM »
https://twitter.com/tomsegura/status/973297016288808960
Can't direct link to a twitter video but this is a fun but not fun one

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -137
« Reply #5306 on: October 31, 2018, 11:32:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

All of this helps, in addition to just making an overall effort to eat out / go out to bars less by planning a bit more. The envelopes thing someone mentioned has helped a lot too. I'm usually the same way about money but with some practice and forgoing some things here and there it can get better.

My dad told me when I was 16 and got my first house(rented) and job.

"If you cant afford it on one weeks pay, you cant afford it. Only exceptions is a house and car. Dont be fuckin stupid"

That stuck with me. And I own everything I have including my house,  2 vehicles and a commercial grow lol
Gentleman ninja warlock

shit_for_brains

« Reply #5307 on: November 01, 2018, 07:33:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

I´d recommend python if you have no prior programming experience because memory management is a bitch. I´m curious, what are those "bastardized niche other languages"?

The one I'm thinking of in particular is called VEX specifically how it's applied in a FX application called Houdini. It's based on C but specifically how it works within Houdini. As far as I understand it. Python is useful in there too but it does different stuff than VEX.

nopes

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5308 on: November 01, 2018, 08:57:25 PM »
stoked on a great skate session i had tonight where i really started to learn some new tricks

not stoked on seeing video of me trying said tricks

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #5309 on: November 04, 2018, 03:54:06 PM »
Stoked to actually get out and go skating and bring a friend out of his comfort zone and try a new spot.

Not stoked that I got worked.