Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 709845 times)

rattlehead

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 24
  • my hass is out
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #1320 on: September 16, 2009, 12:37:48 PM »
I witnessed really fat girl in my class yawn today, it looked like when Jabba The Hutt got choked.
Jews can't be pirates!

Tarquin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1321 on: September 16, 2009, 02:20:21 PM »
Stoked on this clip, not stoked on the chicks, but the video makes up for it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU8A4uFRAbI

That was awesome, I love videos like that, morons getting exactly what they deserve. "I'm not taking this shit anymore!!" Sick.

Binomial Nomenclature

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #1322 on: September 18, 2009, 07:06:04 AM »
I'm in a university course about American cities and urban development, and one of the lectures will be about skateboarding in the context of urban transportation.  So I asked my professor if she skated, i mean why not ask, she wears eS accels to class, and she told me that she's too old to skate but has a longboard.  My enthusiasm dropped dramatically.  I told her I'd be willing to help out that week if she needed old mags, videos, documentary stuff etc.  you know the general skate pack-rat collection of things.  I e-mailed her a link to an Ocean Howell article as well as On's Love Park documentary section.  I just hope this week about skating is taught in a good way.  I don't want to have to single myself out in front of the whole class and try to explain what I think skating is all about.

jrock

« Reply #1323 on: September 18, 2009, 11:58:07 AM »
saw a gay bounce rapper last night.  shit was insane.  chubby white chicks, gutter punks, fat gay dudes, junkies, drug dealers, all shaking their asses everywhere.  dude was singing songs about sucking dick and "shaking it like you stank".  the room was full of sweaty titties and the floor was shaking so hard i thought it was gonna break.  the best part was the dude was wearing a zero shirt cut up like he was in Jem and the Holograms or some shit.  weird scene.

http://www.myspace.com/sissynobbyy

Doctor Handsome

« Reply #1324 on: December 07, 2009, 09:39:30 PM »
Put $5,000 down on a car and paid $400 of my credit card. Feels good but I hate spending money. I also have to register my new car and register for school. I'm lazy but it will be worth it.

Gomez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -441
« Reply #1325 on: December 07, 2009, 10:55:56 PM »
series finale of monk. it sucks to see a great show end, but it was starting to jump the shark so it's for the best. also, the two-parter was one of the best monk episodes hands down.

zipzinger666

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • Fuck, that didn't work out...
« Reply #1326 on: December 07, 2009, 10:57:21 PM »
snow. hate it but since ill choose skating over studying any day im kinda glad that option is gone, especially with finals next week...
Slap: not only do we run things in the industry, we fucking kill people"

drunk

• Rep: 59
« Reply #1327 on: December 08, 2009, 12:11:21 AM »
might be attending university in the new year
formerly toonie

jildo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
  • !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • my blog? avatar image
« Reply #1328 on: December 09, 2009, 12:28:44 PM »
getting ready to make a quesadilla, but with my last shell.

popeyesfriedchicken

• Rep: -250
« Reply #1329 on: December 09, 2009, 09:39:45 PM »
made a lot of money off of ebay recently and blew it all within two and a half weeks.  it's more money than i've had in awhile.  i'm not stoked on that, but what i am stoked on is that a little under half i lent out to friends (the majority was spent at strip clubs and bars) so that will be coming back soon, and i was smart enough to do all of my christmas shopping beforehand.  my family tells me my dad always talks shit on me behind my back, and he didn't even get me a birthday present this year, but whatever, i got him something anyways for xmas.  i like to use the kill with kindness technique, it has worked on a lot of people that give me hell for no reason. 

odp

« Reply #1330 on: December 09, 2009, 09:56:55 PM »
made a lot of money off of ebay recently and blew it all within two and a half weeks.  it's more money than i've had in awhile.  i'm not stoked on that, but what i am stoked on is that a little under half i lent out to friends (the majority was spent at strip clubs and bars) so that will be coming back soon, and i was smart enough to do all of my christmas shopping beforehand.  my family tells me my dad always talks shit on me behind my back, and he didn't even get me a birthday present this year, but whatever, i got him something anyways for xmas.  i like to use the kill with kindness technique, it has worked on a lot of people that give me hell for no reason. 

good luck with that shit homie...

ArizonaGreenTea

« Reply #1331 on: December 11, 2009, 02:57:17 AM »
This semester coming to an end. I have had ten hours of sleep in the past three days, finding it near-fucking-impossible to finish my last paper, and I have two finals later today I have yet to study for. But in about 4 days I'll have a month off school, which includes 9 days of getting out of the cold weather and roadtripping to AZ with some homies to skate.

chunkysalsa

• Rep: -9
« Reply #1332 on: December 11, 2009, 07:13:51 PM »
It looks like this semester I'm getting a 4.0 but I still don't have money for a car so I have to ride the bus everyday.

All Hail Wu Welsh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3
« Reply #1333 on: December 11, 2009, 07:31:40 PM »
This semester coming to an end. I have had ten hours of sleep in the past three days, finding it near-fucking-impossible to finish my last paper, and I have two finals later today I have yet to study for. But in about 4 days I'll have a month off school, which includes 9 days of getting out of the cold weather and roadtripping to AZ with some homies to skate.

exact same situation except i'll be getting crazy in spain for 2 weeks

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1334 on: December 11, 2009, 09:57:55 PM »
I skated flat and a manual pad tonight for the first time since August. So fucking stoked to just be rolling around, not stoked to have to relearn every trick I've ever known.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

east is in the house

« Reply #1335 on: December 11, 2009, 09:59:23 PM »
I'm in a university course about American cities and urban development, and one of the lectures will be about skateboarding in the context of urban transportation.  So I asked my professor if she skated, i mean why not ask, she wears eS accels to class, and she told me that she's too old to skate but has a longboard.  My enthusiasm dropped dramatically.  I told her I'd be willing to help out that week if she needed old mags, videos, documentary stuff etc.  you know the general skate pack-rat collection of things.  I e-mailed her a link to an Ocean Howell article as well as On's Love Park documentary section.  I just hope this week about skating is taught in a good way.  I don't want to have to single myself out in front of the whole class and try to explain what I think skating is all about.

That sounds really, really cool. Where do you go to school, Europe?

Tonight six of us drove two hours out to skate this indoor park...I get there, and within five minutes of skating this vert wall my wheel catches this weird wire thing and I just tumble full force to the bottom of the ramp. smashed my glasses and got a huge cut above my eye brow. needless to say the owner of the place spent 1/2 hot gluing the rim back together for me. so I'm not too excited about broken glasses, but somehow I manged to walk into the park like I owned the place while everyone else had to pay $10 each to skate. also I got taco bell before skating, then burger king after, then more taco bell right after that. I don't even know why I'm posting in this thread, I'm stoked!

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #1336 on: December 16, 2009, 01:21:48 PM »
went to princeton record exchange which is some thing to be stoked on in itself but i saw a real cute girl with the nicest ass. not stoked on the fact that i have absolutely no skill or confidence when it comes to going up and talking to a girl.

jeremyrandall

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1337 on: December 16, 2009, 01:23:58 PM »
It's a balmy -15 C outside right now.  Which is about 20 degrees warmer than it was all last week.  It actually feels so warm.  But it's still -15.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 03:20:05 PM by jeremyrandall »

robasheep

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #1338 on: December 16, 2009, 03:19:09 PM »
I've been having gnarly technicolour dreams lately.  But I can never remember them. 

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #1339 on: December 16, 2009, 04:09:40 PM »
Ending of californication season 3
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

Baby Rabies

« Reply #1340 on: December 18, 2009, 08:21:31 AM »
My armpits smell like onion rings.

cold budweisers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
« Reply #1341 on: December 18, 2009, 09:19:41 AM »
today is my last day of work for a week but my brain has shut down and this day could not go any slower

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 455
« Reply #1342 on: December 18, 2009, 09:33:08 AM »
Its raining today. Of course this happens when I was going to go skate. But its ok, now I have an excuse to sit around all day. I already spilled beer all over my pajamas.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #1343 on: December 18, 2009, 09:38:25 AM »
snow is in the forecast for the weekend which means no skating for a week or so before things dry out. 

gordon bombay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 69
« Reply #1344 on: December 18, 2009, 01:18:15 PM »
hooked up with a chick from work after my holiday party last week. now things are awkward. (not that we ever talked in the firstplace though)

tonysean

« Reply #1345 on: December 18, 2009, 06:23:56 PM »
Christmas is still 6 days away

Smurph

• Rep: 30
« Reply #1346 on: December 19, 2009, 12:07:37 PM »
I managed to get half of my christmas shopping done today. And somehow amongst the mayhem I managed to keep my cool and stay happy. It's nice to see other people too that are smiling and shit in town not freaking about not having some shitty gift ticked off the list.
Not-stoked on the fact I still have presents to buy yet I've no idea what. And I'm also not stoked on the way the sentence prior is phrased - notably the usage of the word 'have.'  It really bums me out when I'm thinking oh shit I've really got to get presents for people. Like, just thinking about stressing out 'having' to buy gifts is so lame when you consider people with real issues. Sorry for getting all cushy and stuff but I was thinking this today amidst the madness of the shopping frenzy.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 12:09:11 PM by Smurph »

jack burton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #1347 on: December 19, 2009, 12:41:25 PM »
not stoked on the amount of snow thats falling on the east coast but i am stoked that i can just lurk on slap all day.

kevbo999

« Reply #1348 on: December 19, 2009, 12:49:08 PM »
The McD's next to my work re-opened after 3 weeks of renovations.  I got a dbl cheese meal and snack wrap for lunch mmmmmmmmmmm.  Though, the new layout forces you to sit beside strangers.  I shouldn't even be eating that crap either.

popeyesfriedchicken

• Rep: -250
« Reply #1349 on: December 19, 2009, 03:31:00 PM »
The McD's next to my work re-opened after 3 weeks of renovations.  I got a dbl cheese meal and snack wrap for lunch mmmmmmmmmmm.  Though, the new layout forces you to sit beside strangers.  I shouldn't even be eating that crap either.

i just don't like mcdonalds.  anything they have that doesn't taste like it just added three pounds to me and is going to make me shit within twenty minutes (which is any burger they sell) costs way more than it's worth.  there are way better fast food places that you can get more quality food at for cheap if you just study the menu for a bit.